Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 AM

not now know it will only look like I'm just making stuff up to drag someone along with me....

Tina (the main problem) has always been a couponer one of the main reasons she got a job there, but she generally works in the Pharm, but she will work on the floor rarely, which is far more then any other the Pharm techs, so I know her a little bit but not really that well. But it became a bit obvious that she was stealing coupons from our paper. Now our senior beauty advisor had a deal with the paper guy that she could have any coupons out of the sunday papers that don't get purchased. Not like there are any left over because coupners will buy at lest 5 (which at times makes little sense to me when I can barely use a 55 cent coupon out of the papers at times so it's not really worth $2.00 anyways) people started complaining about the coupons missing from the paper and a few employees accused her, saying they saw her or she was "lingering" around the paper stand that kind of stuff. And then like a Moron she would come buy something with like 37 of the exact same coupon, so at that point it was fairly transparent. So we (as in myself and several other employees at various times) where she got them. Her story was that she bought them off E bay. Now coupons have no cash value so legally they can not be sold. But she said that it was a loop hole and you were paying the person in there time and energy gathering the coupons.... or something like that

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 AM

From my experience watching the coupon shows, couponers don't tend to have a lot of sense. They just buy stuff because they have the coupons, so I suppose the paper would pay off for them.

Mm. I think I see where this is going.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 AM

But nothing was really said to her because we had nothing "concrete" against her. Never mind she was ASKING managers to order extras of products she had coupons for, or that she was baletently abusing the system with RR products. Like she would use all these coupons on like 20 of an item that would give her like a 5 RR and walk out of there with 100 bucks for basically nothing. But this went on for MONTHS and nothing was done about it. It almost seem like since all of it was coupons and we were getting the money back so she was in a way making money for the store to so it was like they just let it go. Even though she got the 100 for nothing it still had to come back to the store and they would still get the money back from the manufacture, so it was basically creating imaginary money.

So this goes on long enough that I refuse to ring her up along with the other 3 "stick in the muds" and a few others who were just plain scared of her.

Then one day there is a huge stack of dog treats behind my counter and Tina comes over and tells me they are not "go backs" but she wants to by them later. The next time I go by Daniel the manager on duty and I tell him that Tina wants to buy some stuff and that he could ring her up. He told me that I should do it and that he and Scroggins (my store manager would watch on the camera. Then he added "As long as it scans" This is one of the bits of dishonesty I don't like. If you scan something and it doesn't give you any issues then it goes on one report. But there are times when you scan something and it gives you and error message of some kind because the computer is supposed to reject a coupon that isn't being used correctly, like : "No item sold" or "Exceeds transaction value". If you FORCE a coupon after this error message or "Hard key" it, then it goes on the red flag report. But I figure if they are watching and I do it on camera then at lest we will have something "concrete" against her. So later she comes over and asked if I'm busy, and I say no and she says she will be back. Then she comes back later when I am trying to take a family's passport photos (including a 2 year old and 3 year old... and you can imagine how hard that is if you know any toddlers) and THEN she wants to be rung up. Yes she is devious enough to do her best to catch you when your preoccupied so it's easier to slip shit past me

(sorry these are SO long I'm trying to break it up a little bit)

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM

It's alright. ^^

I just post in between so I get the update to flash under subscriptions.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM

lol it's almost over don't worry
So she has 38 dog bones and 38 coupons that read buy 2 get one free and she has them set out in groups of 4 which is supposed to give her a $1 RR then just two buy themselves at the end. I look at her annoyed and say I'll ring her up once but that I don't have time for a bunch of transactions. (basically I'll get her on tape using the coupons but I'm not giving her a bunch more to have) So she says it fine, it the dog treats for her corgy that she really wants (suuuuure). So I just do them all at once with the quantity button and then just start scanning the coupons waiting to see the "exceeds" error message. I notice as well the the value in the coupon box thing had already been filled out, meaning she knew the cost (with the discount) before hand. So I'm trying to finish my passport order with one hand and scan the coupons till I hear the beep with the other and she starts bagging her own stuff ( a big no no) and start jabbering to me on top of it. But I scan the last coupon (with no error message) and hit total. The balance was zero (even though the computer should have stopped me 12... I think) and the receipt printed (which it does automatically if the total is exactly zero which shouldn't ever really happen) and she got 1 one dollar RR and basically ran back to the Pharm. At this point I take ALL the coupons she just used to Daniel and Scroggins and told them that they did all scan but that she should have paid for at lest some of them and that she did get a RR from it. And they acted all Blase' like it was nothing, no big deal! I thought they would have stopped her like mid transaction but then they won't even got talk to her about it afterwards, how much more "concrete" do the need?
Then this is when shit really gets messed up

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 AM

Uh oh.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 AM

I don't hear anything about it until last Thursday, when I come in from my weekend. ( this all happened at the VERY beginning of the month mind you) And I walk in and ALL the mangers (we normally only have one on duty) are at the photo counter so I immediately know something is wrong. So I walk in and Bill the Loss Prevention guy is in the office talking to Scroggins. I get called in to talk to Bill and have Linda (who is my friend and the only other female manager) as a WITNESS. So now I'm a bit nervous but then I'm like "HEY! They finally called Tina in!" So I talk to Bill and I tell him everything I know about Tina's fraudulence and how I'm glad to see her go finally. BUT He seems surprised when I mention on how I had kept Daniel informed the whole time. Then he says that the coupons were actually submitted for reimbersmeint, and were denied and that we were "under suspicion for coupon fraud" as we talked more it became clear that I in particular was under suspicion and that I was thought to be Tina's little "partner in crime"! So it seems like Daniel just tried to get the 100 worth of coupons anyway and no one did ANYTHING about tina that day like I thought they would. They just waited until we actually got denied because it was so balently mis used. Thank God I am on the camera talking to Daniel because I think if I didn't have that proof it seems he would have denied talking to me at all. So Daniel compeltly back stabbed me from what it seems like but no one is allowed to "talk about it" so I can't really know what he did or did not say for sure. But Bill had me wright down everything and there going to fax it along with whoever else they talked to statements to "Employee Relations" in Chicago. So this is another thing that scares me, if it was up to Scroggins I wouldn't be under suspicion and there would be no issue. But it's up to a bunch of people who haven't even met me let alone worked with me for the past four years. So my side of the story is sitting on some big wigs desk right now and he get's to decided my fate after his weekend is over and I'll no on Monday, my "friday" so I have to work this WHOLE week just waiting to see if the take my side or Daniels I guess or something like that.... but either way after all this and the way he treated me I don't want to to work there anymore. It totally fucks up my honeymoon and wedding that I have been planning for over a year, and I was REALLY hoping to be able to just stick out that horrid place until I could have my payed honeymoon... but it seems like it's pretty doomed now....

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 AM

That's pretty screwed up, but I think you can defend yourself. You're right, it's good you had the cameras on you.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 AM

But I do have a few options best case scenario is that I'm not fired and that I'll just work there awkwardly until vacation at which point I will put in my two weeks and never half to come back after that,
second best is that I do get fired but am awarded un employment. This would actually be REALLY nice because I hear that you can stay on unemployment while your in school so I would just take the last of this term to make my house 100% picture perfect for everyone coming out for my wedding, enjoy my honeymoon while not worrying about taking the hit to my pay check. Then just finally go take the last four classes I need for that oh so important piece of paper! After that hopefully I can get a REAL job as an Interior Designer, or at lest something close. Plus I could do that nice and gradually with an internship and such. So that really would be okay.
IF I'm fired and I can't get unemployment then I'll just go to work with Russ. Though I really am not a fan of fast food jobs I can do them, and they do pay the bills with out demanding much from you. Plus I do miss working with Russ, I love working with him and I haven't been able to being that Walgreen's doesn't hire couples/friends. Plus being that Russ has had the time for the honeymoon requested off for almost a year his boss said we could still have that if she takes me on, I wouldn't be able to be paid for it, but at lest I would still get to have it.
So like I said I have plenty of plans in place no matter what happens so I'm not super worried, I just want it over with

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I know the feeling. The waiting of it is always the worst part, but this will turn out for your best one way or another.

Okay, I need to go to sleep, but I'll get into a more in depth convo with you later about this if you'd like. I have to go see my sister's new baby boy tomorrow afternoon. ^^

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 AM

Oh exciting!
I'm sorry it took me so long to type It must be pretty late. Goodnight and thanks for letting me vent XD

ElysiumFate

Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 AM

Yeah. It was about 3:30 a.m. by the time I got to sleep last night. :lol: S'alright, though. I had plenty of time to sleep before I had to go somewhere at 1:30.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM

Good! I seem to forget that the world is not as nocturnal as I o.O
But no one has said anything yet and now it's my days of so I think I'm in the clear.
One manager brought up the point that if they SERIOUSLY thought I was guilty of fraud will they really just keep letting me work for another whole week? Plus we wright our schedules pretty far out so if they let me go that's 38 hours every week until March 19 they would have to cover and they have made no talk or attempt to cover any of them. Which they would have to scramble to do, because we are on a hiring freeze. They'd be doomed. So I'm going to wait till my wedding when I have the last half of April off, and put in my two weeks so I can have my paid vacation and never have to go back.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 AM

Yeah. You're a bit too nocturnal for me, most of the time. XD I just can't stay up past 1:30 a.m. anymore because school is so rough, and so is life.

That's a really good idea so long as you have another job lined up for after that. As I say, never quit a job util you've got a better one to go to.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 AM

I catch you on rare occasions XD Oh but daylight savings time is going to kick my ass when it shows up o.O

Well really I don't even care about something better paying or with better benefits cuse I between Russ and I we have enough to get by and have a little extra. Not TONS extra XD but I'm pretty spoiled already! But I just want to do something I actually CARE about something to do with color and art if not specifically interior design. I need some experience to go with the degree I'll be getting by the end of next year. So I'll be applying at a lot of art stores and home improvement places, which with my schooling I'm pretty over qualified for a lot of there positions. Plus if that for some reason doesn't work out I have two jobs that will be guaranteed to get a job at. One is the thrift store that my friend works at. While I would LOVE that job it could be quite dangerous for me XD Then there's working with Russ and while it would be fast food, I don't exactly hate fast food as long as I'm in the kitchen and not with customers, plus there schedules are much more flexible and it would be much easier for me to get those last few classes that I need.
I just feel to awkward to keep working there though. Sometimes it's fine when it's just my "friends" there, but no I can't stay there. The manager that I work with 75% of the time basically lie about me to save his own ass, and now acts like nothing happened at all. I didn't get a write up, or an apology nothing! So now any time the slightest little thing happens I'm worried about it. When ever he tries to joke with me in his egotistical sense of humor I just want to throw acid in his face... So yeah anywhere is better at this point, even if it means less money.

Anyways now that my drama is seemingly over how's Sira? School taking it's toll on you? I bet your classes have a ton of work attached to them.

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 02-24-2012 at 08:27 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Nah, you hate that place too much to stay there much longer, I agree that you need a fresh start. I don't want you to disappear to prison just because of an asshole manager. XD

Well, the last week has been crazy. It started two Wednesday's ago, so the Wednesday of last week. I had to study for six hours that day just to pass a music test, but I also had two other psychology midterms on Thursday along with said music test. Friday I had a violin lesson, and my friend gave birth to her baby boy--my new nephew. ^.^ Saturday I went to see a symphony, Sunday I went to see the new baby, Monday I went to another violin lesson and an info session at my new college that I'm transferring to in the Fall. <--actually excited for that one. Tuesday this week was just classes, but Wednesday was six more hours of studying for another test. Thursday was classes, finishing a stinking huge take home test, and today was another violin lesson. /yeah. Crazy as hell. XP

I'm going out for dinner with my dad tonight, though, and seeing Sherlock at the $2 theater. I've got to start the application process for the university over the next couple of days, though. But nothing wrong with that.

Long rant. :lol:

ElysiumFate

Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM

Section Updated: Just Close Your Eyes

ElysiumFate

Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 AM

Section Updated: Just Close Your Eyes

Bound Birdie

Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 AM

ah sorry for vanishing but you know what happened. How did everything go, and what University?

ElysiumFate

Old 03-21-2012, 12:30 AM

Yeah, I know you usually have a reason. ^.^

Well, I've applied, and it's to Colorado State University. It's a campus of 28,000 people so I don't feel afraid to post that. :lol: I should get in--I've gotten in before--and this time should be easy because I'm just transferring and I'll have my A.A. by the time I'm there. My professors just need to send in my letters of rec, and I should be all good.

Bound Birdie

Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 AM

Are you going to live with your family and drive to Ft. Collins still? That's awesome that your "almost done" with at lest part of your school. I miss school so much, I can't wait to go back in the fall.

ElysiumFate

Old 03-21-2012, 05:00 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping I get another tassel to hang in my window. ;)

Um, well, I'm going to be stuck driving up there for a little while longer. I'm not exactly happy about it, but I just have to accept that I'm saving money. I just can't justify moving out while I can't afford to stay out. I don't like the idea of moving back in at a future time.

But, enough about me, how are things going with you?

Bound Birdie

Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 AM

Well I love my grandfather but I am a little flustered with him. He is getting up there so I try not to be blame him or anything but..... well he was supposed to reserve an outdoor shelter AND a cabin for me for the night before and of the wedding, and well he only reserved the shelter. This only came up now when I had called them to make sure he had remembered to tell them that I was bringing my animals. They tell me that he did reserve the shelter but no cabin, so now I am scrambling to find a place at lest somewhat near my wedding rather then on site... that takes animals.... and is less the 150 a night....

ElysiumFate

Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 AM

Oh jeeze, that's a mess. Sometimes it's so hard to deal with elders because you have to respect them even while you're po'd. Can you at least put a reserve on any cabins that might open up because of cancellations?

Bound Birdie

Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM

Well yeah but then I would be booking myself two places, and I don't think I can afford that. But on the other hand the cabin is far more spacious and has a soaking tub and a full kitchen with utensils, where as the cabin had a teeny stand alone shower, and a microwave and a mini fridge. Plus the hotel is the same price as the cabin... though 15 min away... and I'll have no place to "Re-fluff" if you no what I mean XD