blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 AM

This is so Dainae!
Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is a colorful tribal lotus, which is a symbol often used in oriental themes.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-24-2014, 07:17 AM

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: File:Lapis lazuli, a complex mineral mixture.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
My Entry fits the theme because: Lapis lazuli is a precious gem that is found in Egyptian art and jewelry, and it is also valued for its deep color. Around this time of year, there is actually plenty of water around the Nile (although it may not always be blue...). So, rich color, water, art work. This works, right?

~*~

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: Porphyry vase, known as Suger's eagle | Louvre Museum | Paris
My Entry fits the theme because: Porphyry is one of the most valuable stones of the ancient world. It's a deep purple color, and so was used only by royalty or Very Important People up until the Medici family decided to flaunt their wealth and use some over their tombs. Anyway, purple = royalty, and Egypt always reminds me of pharaohs, so royalty. Also, porphyry is only found in and around Egypt in a very few places in the world. This is representative of the season too on top of all this because not only does purple look wonderful with gold, but I'm sure for the right price now you could find gold and porphyry decorations...

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-24-2014, 08:34 AM

This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine is made in Milos, so that almost plum colour of wine and the grapes aswell as the green of the vines seems like it would be a great part of the culture of Milos.

This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is influenced mainly by the Greek and Roman traditions. Almost all pottery of those cultures featured black and red-brown colours. One of Milos' main exports is pottery, so I feel most of it would feature this colouring.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2014, 08:45 AM

This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: it's gemstone and has an Azian theme
This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: she is wearing something you would see at festival in Dainae!

Last edited by hummy; 12-24-2014 at 08:53 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2014, 09:05 AM

This is so Milos!
Username: CK
Entry:
(My tumblr account is here.)
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine-purple and wheat-gold are perfect colors for Milos! They've worked hard all year, and now it's time to enjoy the harvest of their hard work with some partying! And that's just what this faun girl is doing!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-24-2014, 09:11 AM

This is so Dainae!
Username: Chexala
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This elaborate, gem-encrusted outfit in red, black, and gold could be a dramatic festival costume, or maybe just normal daywear for the Empress. :3
(Picture is from Indonesia :D )

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 AM

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Liquid Diamond
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Just a semi abstract piece I did with pens and watercolour. I think the greens, oranges, golds, and blues represent Egypt's colors well. I also had her wear the Star hat and literally EAT stars.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2014, 12:18 PM

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: bloodstainedwings
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Red and Gold are the colours of our island and this is also a tradition chinese dragon celebratory banner design.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-24-2014, 01:19 PM

>_> I hope I don't forget to enter in this today!

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 12-24-2014, 01:21 PM

This is so Dainae!
Username: Saravi Boo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The brilliant red and bright gold are representative of both the holidays and our dragon mascot's vibrant coloring. The dragon motif is also very appropriate, I think.

This is so Dainae!
Username: Saravi Boo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A red Christmas tree decorated in gold. I think Tatsu would approve.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-24-2014, 01:56 PM

You guys are super creative with this theme

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Elirona
Entry: Artwork 1!
My Entry fits the theme because: I imagine the Merkheti celebrating most holidays in gold and jewel tones, and can you blame them? Jewels are awesome! I drew a scarab necklace, since scarabs are a popular inspiration for Egyptian jewelry.

---------- Post added 12-24-2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Elirona
Entry:Artwork #2!
My Entry fits the theme because: I'd imagine jeweled golden tiaras are very popular among the Merkheti, especially during celebration.

Last edited by Elirona; 12-24-2014 at 03:07 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2014, 04:03 PM

This is so Milos!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:
The mixture of ancient architecture and a rich and colorful landscape makes me think of Milos.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This is a tarot deck based off of stars and dragons (which are reptiles like the star eater). Since Merkhet believes the stars tell the fortune of their every day lives, I can see them using tarot decks during the winter festival to see what the new year will bring them. It is also blue which I believe between the star eater's delightful hair-do, and the deep blue of the night sky, represents their culture as a main color.
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Still with the thoughts of reading their lives with the power of the stars, I believe they might use the chance of dice to play games for fun. A way to still have outside forces tell them how to act, but in a fun way that they can just relax and enjoy themselves. Again, I call on the color blue which I believe represents them.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-24-2014, 05:49 PM

Is photoshopped stuffies count as artwork/personal craft?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-24-2014, 05:55 PM

Depends on how your using photoshop. I don't really think I can accept something you took offline and editted as your personal artwork.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-24-2014, 06:04 PM

Nah, I mean like if I were to create an ornament or something by drawing the base and such as well as scribbling in whatever into said base would that be considered such? I could print screen with the layers visible to show that it was done and not just opened into photoshop?

Cain
Quercus Magus
NPC

Old 12-24-2014, 07:21 PM

This is so Dainae!
Username: Abel
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: These bright colors, in the form of a dragon, bring to mind the vibrant tones of Dainae's precious jewels.

Last edited by Cain; 12-25-2014 at 02:14 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-24-2014, 07:24 PM

Hooray Cain! It's been a while since I've seen you around.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-24-2014, 08:13 PM

This is so Dainae!
Username: Iroase Delschatten
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: Bright and colourful lights is one of the things Dainae takes pride in, especially paired with decorated lanterns and gems the island is known for, lantern and light parades make for a memorable festival.

Last edited by Iro; 12-24-2014 at 08:39 PM..

GummyBearKisses
RED TEAM ROCKS

Old 12-24-2014, 08:32 PM

This is so Dainae!
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: My Christmas tree is done in red and gold the red balls and gold garland is like dragon tones =)

This is so Dainae!
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Flowers every body loves flowers and red will fit pretty with the islands dragons decore=)

Last edited by GummyBearKisses; 12-24-2014 at 08:47 PM..

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 PM

This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-1 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: I think since Milos makes wine, it would naturally end up in their festival color schemes, especially since a lot of the colors thought of with wine, i.e. purples, greens, burgundy, and champagne, go well in Holiday settings.

This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-2 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: With pottery being made on Milos, I think these colors would work themselves in to Holiday color themes on Milos. Pottery tones might be used in swags of branches, with some of the blues and whites that have a very Greek feel worked among them in ornaments, candles, and/or garlands.

Last edited by EirianHikari; 12-24-2014 at 08:56 PM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-24-2014, 08:57 PM

This is so Dainae!
Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Colorful lanterns are perfect for Dainae. What better to light the streets on the island with?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-24-2014, 09:18 PM

Second Entry:

This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry: MM Pixeled Diamond
My Entry fits the theme because: It was inspired by Dainae colors and the shape of gem stones