NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 02:54 AM

"I don't know, it's just tradition... I have gone three Romance Solaces without getting a mate. After five, they have to sacrifice me to appease the Moon Gods. Else something bad might happen..." He stared out the window, blinking at the bright light from the star they were passing. He had hoped the stars were easier to touch. It seemed they were nothing more than really hot fire. "My family loves me, I suppose. My mother says I am a disappointment and my father gave up on me a long time ago. My siblings picked on me for being different. I don't think any of them like me. And I have ten brothers. You'd think one of them likes me."

He sighed and looked back at Garrison. "Besides, I'm not interested in girls. If I loved men, I'd be banished for sure. Then I'd get eaten by a Oewr or Vinpter, or killed by another tribe..." He shrugged, smiling slightly. "You won't kill me for not liking girls, would you?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-27-2014, 03:01 AM

He didn't have much of an argument after that. He couldn't justify sending Nathaniel back to Gaia X to be either killed by a wild animal, treated badly by his family, or be sacrificed to appease gods that didn't exist. Or banished for one's very nature. He sighed, lowering his gaze and staring at his hands, the lines on his palms, then smiled, pulling Nathaniel forward and squeezing him gently. "I wouldn't kill you. Otherwise I'd have to kill most---if not all---of my crew and myself as well. And I'd rather live, wouldn't you?" He stood and led the young man to the window.

"Yes, that's a star. You can't touch, unfortunately, or look at it for too long. It's far too hot. That's a yellow giant, and it's only one of many types of stars. It's very hot, but not the hottest type you'll come across. I have a feeling you'll enjoy seeing more stars... And visiting other planets. You want to visit some planets with technology, I take it?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 AM

"I want to see everything," Nathaniel replied, jumping up and down on the spot. He looked down at his feet, dimly realising his jacket and boots were still with the box of fruit. "I might have eaten some of the fruit. I'm sorry." He returned his gaze out the window. "I don't eat much. One or two fruits and vegetables a day. We never really were built to eat too much food, never had reason to." It was why they were so small and slight, and why fruit grew so easily on their planet.

"I should have brought some more clothes with me..." he muttered, feeling how sweaty and dirty his clothes were. "Do you have hot springs I can clean myself in?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:11 AM

Garrison smiled and ran his hands over his ears, which were itching with the extra activity in the room. "It's alright, Nathaniel. I have a feeling half of my men eat as much as you weigh already... I should monitor them or keep a lock on the damn storeroom from now on..." He shrugged and studied the young man. "I don't have springs, no... Our ship is very large, but it doesn't have room for springs. But we do have showers, I can show you there so you can clean yourself up... They're rather public, but I'll keep the guys away from you." He thought for a moment and sighed. "And I'll have to find a spot for you to fill on the ship and notify the others..." That would be a headache. They'd have questions and Garrison would have to quell them.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 03:16 AM

"Showers?" Nathaniel tilted his head. "I don't know any technology... I'm new to everything. I hope that won't annoy you..." He thought about leaving Garrison's side and suddenly felt slightly scared. He'd seen the others, they were all huge. They could easily hurt him or toss him overboard. He wondered what it was like to float in space. "Can't I stay with you? I can be your assistant! I can learn how to clean your clothes and possessions and..." He didn't want to be shoved in a room with several large, sweaty men. The thought made his ears droop and legs shake.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:26 AM

"I know." Garrison said calmly. "I'll help you figure everything out, and so will Addias, my second in command. He's the most trustworthy man I know so if I'm not around, you can find him. He's a big bull type man, but gentle, so don't worry." He stepped around to the wardrobe near the door and pulled one of his shirts out, studying it and nodding. Then he found some of his older pants, smaller than he was now and possibly still too large for Nathaniel. "I'll think about it, Nathaniel, I promise. I won't send you off to live with the others, they're a bit too rough for you I think. They don't mean to be, no, but I'll keep you close while I figure everything out..." He opened the door and gestured to Nathaniel. "I'll be with you, come on. There's a lot to take in for you, I know."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-29-2014, 04:32 AM

Nathaniel trotted out the door after Garrison, his eyes wide in amazement as he looked around his surroundings. They walked past a few of the crew members, who gave him a curious glance before going back to their work. They all acknowledged Garrison, proving that the captain was like a chief. Nathaniel felt special as he was guided to the shower rooms, pausing to watch blinking lights or to look out the windows at the star they were still passing.

The went to a large room, where many tube-like metallic pipes hung from the ceiling in stalls with no doors. There were a few dials and Nathaniel wondered what they were for. He waited for Garrison to explain.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 AM

They didn't head to the top deck to get to the stern of the ship---they took a series of several hallways, passing the galley and a storeroom full of cleaning supplies on the way. Garrison absently smoothed down the yellowish ears on his head as he led Nathaniel; no one really knew that he loved his ears stroked, and he tended to keep that a rather guarded secret. He didn't need the entire crew trying to grab them when he wasn't paying attention. When they entered the showers, he closed the door tightly and led Nathaniel to the last stall, where no one would be passing by.

"See these dials?" He stepped in and pointed to each, one colored red and one colored light blue. "These control how much water comes out of here." He pointed at the showerhead. "And the colors tell you what temperature each is. Red is always hot, and blue is always cold. You need to twist both to get a mix that makes the water warm, or cool, or hot. Understand? I can stay to help if you need it." He took a step out of the stall.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 AM

Nathaniel nodded, stepping into the stall and realising he'd have to take his clothes off. He went to a nearby shelf and took off his dirty clothes, placing them carefully on the shelf. He was only a little self conscious of the fact that he was naked, as he went back to the stall and turned on the water. He jumped a little as the water poured from the pipe, fiddling with the dials until it was hot but not too hot.

He ducked under the water, shivering slightly as the water ran over his ears and horns. "I am so used to the springs... I never thought to clean myself in hot rain." It was a weird feeling and he jumped up and down slightly as he let the water run over his body.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:02 AM

Garrison stifled a laugh, hanging the replacement clothing on the stall's wall beside him to keep them dry. "Well, hot rain is usually faster than a bath of any kind. You might like to use this." He moved around, showing Nathaniel the plastic bottle off soap, which smelled like clover. It was often some of the freshest-smelling substances on the ship, aside from food that was cooked in the mornings and evenings. Or what was considered mornings and evenings.

Without so much cloth on him, Garrison could see just how small Nathaniel was. Thin, elegant and delicate, perhaps just like the rest of the race he came from. Beautiful, for a male, that was a fact, but Garrison didn't stare. He wasn't a pervert, but couldn't say the same for everyone else.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-29-2014, 05:07 AM

Nathaniel smelt the liquid pointed out by Garrison and sneezed. They used this stuff to clean themselves? Nathaniel and the rest of his kind just trusted the hot mineral waters to remove dirt and insects from their bodies. He squirted a bit out on his hand and rubbed it over his skin, amazed at how much dirt came from his body. He found another that Garrison had said was for hair and rubbed it through his hair, careful not to get any on his ears.

When he had been soaped up and rinsed, he stepped out of the shower and shuddered at the cold air, jumped from hoof to hoof and looking up at Garrison. He was given a bit of cloth, which was warm and draped over him like a big blanket. "I dry myself with this?" he asked the taller man.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:22 AM

Garrison bit back a laugh at the way he sneezed. It was cute, endearing. He busied himself with studying the hem of the shirt he'd hung on the wall, keeping his eyes from scraping up and down the form. He'd have a hard time explaining any stupid things away, especially if he found himself visually enamored. That wouldn't breed friendship between Garrison and Nathaniel, he was sure.

He laughed again, feeling a bit free with the sound as he wrapped Nathaniel in a towel. "You do. It's faster than just wandering around, and you don't want to go around in damp clothes, it's pretty uncomfortable." He was careful, checking Nathaniel's ear for the universal translator, which was still there. "Dry off really well, then put these clothes on, and I'll have your old ones put in with the laundry." Technology had come a long way, at least; the crew had fresh, diverse food and clean clothes, which was more than could be said than the poor things that sailed oceans on old worlds.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-29-2014, 05:29 AM

Nathaniel nodded, shuddering at the touch of Garrison's hands on his ears. He had never had someone touch them before and it felt really good. He blushed slightly when he realised his tail was wagging. He started on drying himself with the fluffy towel, glad that such a thing existed. Back home he'd sun himself to dry off, or just walk around naked until he was dry. It wasn't too uncommon to find another naked, but he guessed things would be different on this ship.

He pulled on the clothes provided, rolling up the pant legs and sleeves as they were just a little too big. They were loose and uncomfortable, made of some sort of material he didn't know the name of. His clothes were custom made, out of rawhide and vines. He hoped he could get some more clothes like that somewhere.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 AM

Garrison straightened the shirt on Nathaniel's shoulders and did his best to make it accommodate him. "Sorry if it's uncomfortable." He grimaced, noting how Nathaniel seemed to dislike the cloth. "It's all I really have right now. When we get to port I'll do some searching around for something that should work better for you. A lot of my crew require specific clothing types, so I think I could find something that can fit you well."

He put a hand on Nathaniel's back to direct him forward. "Do you want to see the upper deck? We're out of orbit of the nearby star now, so you'll be able to look at it without hurting your eyes." He paused. "Ah, I'll have to figure something out..." There were no spare beds in his crew's quarters. He would have to do something, though, until he could trust the rest of the men to leave Nathaniel alone.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 AM

Nathaniel tilted his head, wondering why Garrison looked concerned. He was probably trying to think of what Nathaniel could do around the ship, or where he would live. "I'm only small, I don't mind sleeping in a closet or something. My room back at home was made of grass, wood and moss and had an open balcony that I could sit on. I'd love to be able to see outside... Near a window or something!" He jumped from hoof to hoof, waiting for Garrison to take him up to the deck. He wondered if they could breathe in space.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:42 AM

Garrison rolled his eyes, leading Nathaniel along the hall away from the showers, then up a set of stairs. "You're not sleeping in a damn closet. I'll think of something, I assume you're sleepy, but I do want to show you above deck first. We have a special technology that lets us breathe and stand that gives us gravity." He brought Nathaniel to a door and pushed it open, leading him onto the main deck. "Here we are. Don't look directly at any star we pass. What do you think?" He looked up. Stars were all over in the far, far distance. But they were passing uninhabited planets that had no mother star, and were wandering, lost. Dust from comets and ruined asteroids swirled as they passed.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-02-2014, 06:54 AM

Nathaniel ran to the railings, his mouth open with awe. They were sailing through the darkness, past distant lights and black planets. Some were tiny, but others looked really big. He stared in wonder, unable to say anything for a long time. Soon he closed his eyes and started crying, covering his face as his body shook uncontrollably. When he felt Garrison come closer and ask if he was alright, he looked up at the taller man, a smile on his tear stained face.

"It's beautiful. So much more than I ever could imagine, Garrison! The lights, the planets... Are they dead? No one lives on them right? Did anyone use to live on them? Will we see alive planets soon? I want to meet more aliens... Garrison!" He danced his happy jig. "Garrison, will I see your home planet one day? I'd love to meet your family."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Garrison had been worried that the sights would be overwhelming to him, that the shock or the awe would elicit some explosive reaction, and the crying had certainly been expected, if not worrisome. He was just glad that Nathaniel had fallen back into his talkative state, and smiled, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Relax, Nathaniel, take it easy. Those planets in the distance are dead because they strayed too far from their star. Now their life is dead, and they're unanchored, so they float aimlessly. If anyone ever lived on them, we don't know it. There aren't any explorers willing to go check because the planets are so unpredictable." He smiled, pulling Nathaniel under his arm. "Easy, now. We'll get to a living planet in about a week with our deliveries, I promise... And..." The smile faded a bit. "Ah... Well, perhaps someday we can see my world... but I doubt you'll see my family." He turned, releasing Nathaniel and looking up at the mainmast and foremast. Their solar sails were unfurled and forced forward with the force behind them, gathering even the most distant, stray ray of light to power the main engine.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Nathaniel frowned, hoping he hadn't said something that made Garrison sad. "I'm sorry... I didn't know..." He had lived with the deaths of close family members too. He wondered how Garrison's race dealt with the sorrow of losing a loved one. When his younger brother died from a strange disease, Nathaniel didn't think he'd ever be happy again. "A lot of our young ones die before their first summer... There has been a strange disease, no one knows where it came from. I guess it's why many of my people are afraid of aliens..."

He stared back into the abyss, watching a black planet in the distance. "Back when my father was a kid, he said he met an alien. It was blue-green, with feathers and a beak like the Owers on my planet... My father said he was there to form some sort of peace treaty with our race. But my grandfather got ill and they chased the aliens off the planet..." He yawned, draping over the rail, his eyes closing. "There used to be a lot of us but... I haven't seen anyone else that wasn't in our village... My father heard that one of the tribes near the ocean had died out... I hope my family is going to be OK..." He fell asleep, draped over the railings like some sort of scarf.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 AM

Garrison stepped forward, turning an ear to hear Nathaniel's plight. It sounded far more sad than his own reality---he hated his family and his family shared his disdain. When he started sailing, he started losing faith in any kind of god, disbelieving in an entity's existence, and that had driven a wedge further between them. But he didn't care. His father was the one that had started him on a ship and they might like to blame that man, but of course they didn't. They didn't because he still believed in a god, somehow. After seeing the universe, he still believed in a god. How stupid.

He moved forward, shaking his thoughts and Nathaniel's sleepy words away from his head and gathering him up. Nodding now and then to one of the men that passed, doing their job or just loitering about like louts, he took the young man to his quarters and situated him on the bed, opening the window nearby that was protected by a very thick glass. Studying the prone form for a moment, Garrison sat on the edge of the bed and brushed a finger over a stray bit of hair on his forehead. So cute. So... innocent, it seemed. He smiled a bit, taking a spare pillow and pushing it onto the cushion of one of his favored chairs, curling up as if he had no bones and closing his eyes. As usual, he quickly fell asleep.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 AM

He could see his family standing knee-deep in the Sacred Grove's spring. They looked sad as he approached, reaching out to him. Something was wrong. His brothers looked ill, coughing and rubbing their teary eyes, his father's horns had fallen from his head. "Son, son... We thought you were gone... We thought you had been killed..." His father's voice sounded scary, not like him at all. Nathaniel blinked and suddenly the spring had turned dark red, his family's eyes black pits. "Join us, son. Join us."

Nathaniel jumped away, turning and trying to run, but he could feel their hands holding him back. "Join us, Nathaniel. Cut off your horns, become one with the disease..." Nathaniel cried, kicking his feet at the many hands that were starting to drag him under the bloody water.

He gasped away, standing up on the bed he had been placed in and glancing around the room. His heart was beating painfully fast in his chest and it took him awhile to remember where he was. He jumped off the bed and went to where Garrison was sleeping, climbing on top of the man and lying on him. He closed his eyes and fell back asleep, into better dreams.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM

His world was nothing but steam and water powered buildings. They wanted to build to the sky to be one with their god but as they did, they began clearing more land to do so. Soon the buildings were taller than the trees. He saw them when he slept and when he was pulled out of dreams, it was because something was crushing him. Grimacing, he turned his head and shifted a bit, flattening himself as much as the oversized chair would allow. Garrison hadn't expected to become the bed, but didn't mind it. The closeness was something he'd been craving for a long time, but it was stupid to give anyone in his crew any kind of power over him, the way even casual intimacy might.

When he closed his eyes again, he could see the churches dedicated to the worship of the god he didn't believe in. Mat'suata, the lion, who gave birth to the first sun in the universe, and whose paws dug up the first planets. His planet was the first of many, and was currently one of the oldest in the known universe. But he still didn't believe in some lion god. He shifted and opened his eyes again, feeling the warm body above him. It was nice, but curled up so long was starting to numb his body. He moved, turning over fluidly until Nathaniel was cradled against his front, and his arms were around the young man's slender body. How could it be such a flawless fit against him? Garrison purred without realizing it.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 AM

It was a little bit longer until Nathaniel woke up again, feeling warm and a strange vibration under him. It took him awhile to realise he had fallen asleep on Garrison. He gently crawled off the captain, blushing slightly. What was he thinking? Could love between an alien and him even be possible? He blushed more at the thought of love-making, covering his face and turning away. Garrison was a lot... Bigger than him. Surely it would hurt? He shook his head, his ears flapping slightly as he did so. No... No more thinking about that.

He went to the window and stared out at space, wondering where they were headed for. He hoped he could meet more aliens, and visit more planets... He leant against the window frame and sighed, staring at the distant stars and dead planets.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:38 AM

Garrison stretched awake when it registered to his sleeping mind that the weight was gone, and so was the warmth. Breathing in deeply, he let his head fall back and rolled to he right, dropping silently onto his hands and feet, then standing up straight, turning when he heard a deep sigh to study Nathaniel. Scanning the young alien, he smiled slightly. Such a cute tail. He wanted to touch it, but pocketed his hands deeply before approaching.

"Do you regret your decision to hide away?" He asked, looking toward where Nathaniel had been staring. "The universe is so massive, so absolutely... giant. We can often sail for... weeks. Weeks without seeing another sign of life. As though we are the only beings left in this gargantuan universe." He shivered a little, remembering their sailing to more distant planets.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-17-2014, 10:25 AM

Nathaniel started slightly when Garrison joined him, blushing and laughing slightly. He looked at the man as he talked, glancing back out the window as they passed a giant red planet. They weren't close enough for its gravity to pull them into orbit, but it felt as though he could reach out and touch it. "Never! It's an adventure I would have never had... I've always wanted... This." He covered his face and started to cry, an overwhelming emotion taking ahold of him. "Garrison, I am just scared... I had a bad dream and it is making me think I made a bad choice... Am I really the first Fawnette to leave Gaia X?"

He suddenly felt alone. The only one of his kind in a vast space of aliens. Would he be desired? Hated? Stolen? The mere thought of being taken away from Garrison scared him and he found himself clinging to the man's legs. "I'm sorry... I just... I'll get better... Ate too much fruit..."