HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 02-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Magic had always been a fascination of kings and emperors, though to the commonfolk; it was a dangerous thing, regardless of its purpose. As common as knowledge was of its existence, mages were always quite uncommon, often even misunderstood or despised, but for those few whose service to others such as healers came as a valuable commodity.

Roll the centuries along and still magic remained in its partial obscurity, the own personal monster of those who used it incorrectly. But to match its power, technology soon became the boon of the commonfolk. While Magi were raised in aristocratic homesteads, like nobility to the common man or woman, technology game those commoners an edge of their own.

What good was a mage who didn't see a bullet coming for his head? No good at all, but then, what good was an army when a powerful enough man could tear them asunder with his will and the power of the elements at his disposal?

To certain groups and certain companies, each held their merits, and naturally; enemies were made. In the end it was a matter of "pick your poison". In the city of Arenstad, several such companies vied for dominance, of course sometimes matters could only be settled in one way; brutally, violently or silently, all jobs fit for assassins, magi and mundane alike.

The Millennium group were known in the underworld for employing the services of the Chevalier family, a long-standing aristocrat family of Magi, steeped in tradition and ancient magic. Naturally all those raised by the family or taught by the family, would become magi. Skilled in the art of deadly magics, illusions and spell-casting.
And in their latest generation, their eldest daughter, Evangaline, had been chosen to end an old rivalry between two assassin' families. However, not with bloodshed.

It was for this reason that the young woman was being dispatched to a neutral meeting ground, a grand hotel, owned by a third party. For it was there that she was to meet a man to whom she was arranged for marriage. Alister Johnson. She knew not the man, only the reputation. As skilled and talented as any magi, an intimidating name to whisper even in the dark, as though it would summon him to the side of those fool enough to whisper it.
"Alister.." She spoke the name half-quietly form within the confines of her transport, a sleek black car, the windows reflected the outside world, but let nothing in. She sat in the dark, legs crossed, her form cloaked in a long, fine mantle, as was tradition,
"Ma'am?" The driver questioned, glancing briefly in his rear-view mirror, he could only make out the shadowy form of the magi. She simply smiled to herself and replied;
"Nothing."

The vehicle rolled along the streets, past the other late afternoon commuters, she stared at them as they passed, chin rested on her hand as she glanced into their eyes. They could not see her watching, but she could see them, the look in their eyes, the feeling that said one man was later, another was cheating, this one was planning something untoward. That woman was awkward and shy, that one was impatient, that one a hard worker. but none of them seemed special, none ever did.

When the vehicle finally stopped, she waited patiently. The driver stepped out first, finding his way to the door and opening it for her, as was proper, she gently swung her legs from their place and planted her heels and toes upon the concrete patch leading to the hotel, the Great Crossing as it was known.
Though as she stepped out, even in the slowly darkening sky, she raised an umbrella above herself, it cast an ominous shadow on her, leaving only the walking silhouette of her feminine figure as it practically glided with each step towards the entrance.

Even as she stepped into the main entrance, the fine umbrella shaded her figure, she stood as a menacing shadow beneath the cover whilst it shielded her from the overhead chandelier, a false one, a cheap imitation, but a pleasant thing nonetheless. Those who looked their way would only feel the cold shiver of death running its finger up their spine, but she had no interest in them. Only one, tonight, would have her attention.
That one man.
Alister.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 11:27 PM

"Young Master, you are to be meeting Lady Evangaline today, in a matter of minutes.You should hurry." A voice spoke behind a closed door to Alister's room. Alister stirred in bed under the sheets. Peeking his from under the covers he spoke. "Jarvis...she's no lady" he abruptly told the old gentleman on the other side of the door. Reluctantly he slipped out of bed already dressed from earlier in the day before he decided to take a nap.

Alister stretched his arms over and behind his head. Next he cracked all ten knuckles. He stretched his back before moving to slip on a pair of combat boots. Alister was wearing a white dress shirt under a gray vest. And he had a pair of dark gray denim jeans. He pushed his white bangs behind his ear before checking himself out in front of the movie. He unconsciously moved his white bangs back in front of his eye.

Alister sighed and liked at the clock on the wall in his room before heading out the door of his families mansion and into the garage which held their cars. It was a collection of sorts. Some looked really old but they were in great condition. Alister's had one of the newest cars with all the latest technology. It was colored black and was a mix between a Lexus lfa and a BMW i8. Which meant it looked pretty darn cool.

Alister hopped into his car, and pushed a remote on his visor and the automatic garage opened up. He knew where he was going so he didn't need instructions or anything of the like. The Great Crossing is neutral grounds and those who are higher in status than his family runs the place. IT has very specific rules, and if you break those rules. The punisment is death.One such rule is that you do not undertake contracts upon continental Great Crossing grounds.

Once he arrived he parked out front and got out of his car. Once he was clear of his car he opened up a small box that could fit into the palm of his hand and pushes a button. His car started to contort and change shap until it was small enough to fit into said box. He slipped the box in pants pocket and went inside. Not far into the hotel he saw who he presumed was Evangaline Chavelier.

HC-Gal

Old 02-10-2015, 01:01 AM

Evangeline silently paced the grand entrance, evne as some of the waiters and even a bellhop tried to get her attention, they could ask the words or say whatever they liked, whether it was asking who she was looking for or trying to inform her where the dining area was, she ignored them, at one point it looked almost as if she were about to walk straight into one. In his confusion he barely had time to react before she literally walked right through him. She turned to a partly smoke-like substance and phased through him, appearing on the other side, ghostlike, ethereal, taking shape once more as if nothing had happened.

The young man patted himself, his face going sheet white, nothing had happened to him physically, though the look on his face said it all, he was as terrified as anyone else sensible enough to consider what had just happened. But Eva continued to pace quietly through the lobby, umbrella still held high. It wasn't uncommon for Magi to make displays like this, many were proud, arrogant, they enjoyed that little look of fear when a mundane person had to come face to face with their incredible talents. Although even other Magi were rarely aware of Eva's intentions.

Once she'd finally made a full circle of the reception area, she glanced at the doorway. It was almost as if it were right on cue that Alister would arrive. Typically when she was going to meet some-one, she would research them, their background, try to get a better understanding of them. But even if she'd bothered, details on him would have been obscure at least. She had opted for a new approach. After all, she was to be wed tot his man, why not get to know him personally?

She glanced around quietly. There was tension in the air. Now that she was actually looking at people, she could see representatives for each family, not only that, of companies that sometimes purchased the services of the two assassin families. Yet not even her own parents were here for the affair. Nor her younger sister, though at least the latter she could forgive, perhaps even given the small kindness of offering her the choice not to go.
On Alister's entry into the building, Eva stepped towards him quietly, she ignored the whispers off to the sides, the suggestions, the concerns about two such people being in the same room, two rising young legends of the shadowy underworld.

With each dainty step, the shadows that enveloped her began to fade as if being stripped away by invisible hands, tearing away piece-by-piece to reveal the womans figure, though she was sitll wrapped in a mantle that allowed her fine, thin arms and soft fingers to be seen since they still held her umbrella in place. Once she was close enough, say a meter or two away, she lowered the umbrella, allowing it to fold up and wrapping it softly with her hands before she made a polite courtesy to Alister, eyes focused on him, the emotionless mask of her face seeming to grow just a little warmer, a small smile forming,
"Good afternoon, monsieur Alister."

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 06:58 PM

Alister gave a slight bow of respect towards Evangeline as was common courtesy. He gave a brief glance around the room before returning his eyes towards the woman infront of him. “Good afternoon Evangeline, I trust you weren’t kept waiting terribly too long?” He asked as he started to slowly walk away, looking back to see if she was following him.

“I see we already have quite a crowd brewing to see what this is about. As I’m sure both you and I know that we arranged to be married. So lets take a stroll and get to know each other a bit better. I know in fact very little truth about you. Rumors... are just that. Rumors.I much rather get information from the source, where it will become less tainted so to speak.” Alister spoke as he strolled through the hallway which housed a few mini chandlliers that looked alot like the big one in the main entrance of the hotel.

“I hear you can take control of shadows, is this true?” A slight interested tone in his voice as he asked her. The two turned a corner and headed towards the center of the hotel where there will be a large indoor fountain. With trees lining the premeter and marble benches. The floor slowly turned from carpet and tile into beautifully colored cobblestone. The ceiling was raised to be in a dome shape and was made up of glass. With the way the sun was beaming through the ceiling, you could see rainbows from the sprays of the fountain.The sight was quite a beauty to behold.

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 02-10-2015 at 09:26 PM..

HC-Gal

Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 PM

"Au contraire, you gave me plenty of time to consider the ways in which to ambush and kill you," Eva responded, her smile briefly flashing into a mischievous grin, but then she simply waved her hand as if dismissing something, "A jest," She offered, just os he knew she was kidding, or at least she hoped he would believe that to be the case, for two versed in the art of murder, that was likely treading on thin ice, but she wanted to test to see how serious he would take the matter.

His mention of the crowd had her briefly glance around, much too briefly as she simply turned her eyes away from them, as if to forget them, ignore them. Her focus returned to him and she simply lifted her shoulders in a slight shrug,
"They are irrelevant." She responded briefly, eyes still intently latched on to him as she walked closer, hands balancing her umbrella to her side a moment, though what he said made her smile again, "What an interesting outlook. Rumors are what create a perception, but they are often also the birth-mother to legends. Perfect illusions. But you are slightly mistaken.. I could simply lie to you and so the source itself would be as reliable as any rumor." The magi taunted softly, though his following question made her grin again,
"Control shadows..? No.. Not the correct context at all," Evangeline's form seemed to lilt briefly before she darkened once more, her figure stretching toward shim until she herself was no more than a dark mass spreading across his clothing, finger-like tendrils traced along his back as the black figure slipped across him and took form on his often side, one of her hands rested gently on his fore-arm and she smiled at him,
"I am shadows." She didn't, however, state that she was still quite mortal, that given the right circumstance, she could be defeated, or even killed with unpleasant ease. Eva looked up at the room they entered, her hand squeezing softly at his arm as she stared at the beautiful site, she was rather enthralled by the colors, she wished she could reach out and touch them, but she knew that colors were merely colors, she so refrained. Even if light was her diametric opposite, that did not stop her enjoying it,
"What of you, monsieur Alister? Like the rest of your family, you reply on the power of technology to aid you? Any fool can handle a gun, but what you possess is far greater, is it not?"

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-11-2015, 11:58 PM

Alister wanted to laugh out loud but instead he just gave unfriendly smile in reply to her jest. Evangeline was treading on thin ice already with him and so soon, what a shame. Other than his smile he didn't make a move to defend himself or any kind of movement. He was completely calm. He knew she could be on par with him but he was confident she wouldn't be able to defeat him. He was abit egotistic, but who wouldn't be if people revered you as one of the best assassins?

When Evangeline mentioned the crowd around them he dismissed her comment as something petty. The people around them weren't irrelevant just because they weren't the importance of this meeting. He agreed that the source could lie, but laughter danced in his eyes as he thought of ways to get past the lies. Alister was surprised when Evangeline seemed to shift into shadows and go through/around him to his other side. It was an odd feeling to be able to feel shadows touching you.

"Oh no, we do not rely on technology as a crutch m'dear. It is a aid don't get me wrong. And as for me, I use it as a extension of myself, so in fact I and technology are one in the same. It is no different from me and I am no different from it." Alister spoke and moved his hands about in gestures. "As for what I possess... tis true as technology is imperfect."

HC-Gal

Old 02-12-2015, 06:14 AM

"Oh, a slight misunderstanding." Evangeline winced, slightly taken aback by his explanation of how he used technology, she smiled though, "Like my shadows are myself, the extension of my form, so too are your tools. That is what I meant by something greater. Any fool can use a gun, but they cannot think and do like you do." She mentioned, trying to explain what she'd said the first time, "There are even fools who turn to the occult with little knowledge of what they toy with. Their folly is an eyesore to behold. Or sometimes worse.." She seemed to drift into through for a moment, caught in an unpleasant memory, but then she simply closed her eyes and sighed before looking up again at the grand room they'd entered.

Waiters were milling about, preparing tables, getting them lined up with cutlery and serviettes, vases, glasses and various assortments of fancy decoration, it was about what she'd expected, two great families being 'merged' by a wedding, but the idea of two different methods of assassination being forced to co-mingle like this in such a brute force effort by making an arranged marriage of it,
"It is all a strange sort of folly.." She spoke her thoughts out loud, but then realized what she'd said, glancing at at Alister, a slight frown on her face,
"And what say you to this? An arranged marriage between us? For myself it would have occurred, regardless, but I do not know if that is how it works with your family, have you already accepted this?" She wondered, it would have been nice to hear a different opinion about it, her family had already given her all the supposed positives about it, or rather simply spoken of the benefits of being closely tied with a family-like Alisters.

None of it actually proved to show much in the way of personal benefit, however. Her family would naturally even expect a child of the bonding. Typical, standard fare tradition, it didn't matter what she would feel or think about the matter. She withdrew her hand from his arm as a shadowy tendril reached up to the front of her cloak, it unfastened the clamp keeping it in place and the mantle spread open, allowing her full form to be revealed, the dark and golden fabrics and the formfitting outfit below, the golden bands and rings. In a magi's line of work, precious metals like gold or silver were well-known conductors for magical energy and were capable of acting like a focus, it wasn't uncommon to see them wear such things even in an everyday fashion, no matter how questionable,
"I would very much prefer to talk away from people. I dislike the many-eyed courts of human intrigue and half as many whispering lips.. They're all words and pointless banter."

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-26-2015, 09:54 PM

"What say I to this union of our families?" Alister paused for a moment in thought as he surveyed the room. Before he could say anything though Evangeline told him she rather find a much quieter place to be, away from people. Agreeing, he nodded his head and lead the way to garden in the back of the hotel. Soon as they both walked outside they were met with a tunnel of flowers. Alister kept a steady pace as he walked through the flowery tunnel. "Whether or not we both agree to this union, we are to do this. My thoughts...simply put are complicated. I can see the benefits to a arranged marriage between us, the good and the bad. Personally I rather dislike being forced to do something."

Alister approached a bench and took a seat, he patted the spot next to him. Clasping his hands in his lap he leaned forward looking out at the garden before him. It was nothing but a simple pleasure. Alister looked at the watch on his wrist before glancing over to his bride to be. "Tell me something Evangeline..." he paused for a moment, then looked over to her. Alister thought about glimpse of what would be called an outfit then mentally shook his head. He smirked as he continued, "Would that outfit of yours be used to lure your victims to their doom?"

HC-Gal

Old 02-27-2015, 02:22 AM

"The benefits.. The demerits.." Evangeline considered these things again, but it lead only to a slightly defeated sigh from the woman, she already saw those, she already knew them, but it still wasn't much of an answer. She couldn't blame him for being conflicted though, at least that was what she assumed his meaning of complicated to be. But at the very least they shared some common ground, in that regard she was actually a little thankful. She rested her arms across her chest, palms placed against her elbows, she wasn't tense at all, no grip showing.

When he patted the place next to her, she paused briefly, but then sat down. She wouldn't say she was coaxed to it, but to know he'd welcomed her to it at least felt rather nice. Evangeline rested her hands in her lap, one crossed over the other as she rested on leg over the other. His question though made her turn her head to him. She remained silent for a moment, but then smiled,
"Not quite.." She responded. "I can kill a man in the dark and he would never know I was there. I'll admit that might be a benefit to this outfit, however.. Hmm.. Tempting it appears.. But it served a function, not just form." The woman half-turned towards him, slowly reaching her left hand toward him, he could see for himself what she was doing, to the point that she placed the tips of her fingers against his chest, but then pushed.

There was nothing to feel, at least not physically. She wouldn't blame the imaginary discomfort of the mind telling him this was wrong and probably felt wrong. It didn't take long for her to have her entire hand in his chest,
"I can grasp a persons heart inside their own body, if I wanted. It is nothing but darkness in there, after all. I could squeeze arteries, suffocate the lungs, or even break bones.. If I wanted.." She drew her hand out and pointed her fingers then across the garden to a pitcher of flowers. A black knife seemed to form beneath the shade and slice one of the flowers off at its stem,
"Or I can do it from this far away.. I could kill an entire room full of people like this. So dressing like this would be pointless." The flower didn't fall, instead a shadowy hand held it aloft, eventually traveling across the ground, back to where the two were sitting, she took the red flower and softly spun it in front of herself, "It's a little difficult to explain.. Perhaps you could call this my.. Natural state..?" She hesitated at firs ton wha tto call it, but then continued, "When I was.. Given the gift of these powers, this was the outfit I had trained to perform rituals in. Now that I am shadow, it, too, is a part of me, as much as it is not. Tear my clothing and it will take its shape back again, along with me. It is bonded to me, along with my powers. But I can separate myself from them, or make them vanish at will since they are still not my own body. They no longer serve their old function, so now they are simply form, but still more reliable than normal clothing." She carefully explained the attire, though shrugged, "If that makes sense, at least..? I can explain each individual piece and its relevance to magi and ritual training, if that would help?"