adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-06-2015, 12:23 AM

*Note* I don't know if this is in the right place. I probably should have posted it in IRL...I realized this in hindsight after posting. Apologies to the admin and other annoyed peoples. *Note*

Maybe it's just life getting to me. Or me realizing that this is life and perhaps I'm not meant for anything more. I miss my mother - she passed in 2012. I miss my sister who passed in 1995...and even though it's been 20 years since then I still miss her.

I worry about my dad and brother constantly, even though they are in control of their own lives, I worry about their happiness, health, and well-being.

Maybe I'm simply sad because of the life transitions I've been through within the last couple years. I'll be 25 in December, I'm married to a man who has a custody battle going on with his ex wife for his two kids that he only sees every other weekend. We have to live behind his mother, who is right now his supervisor for visitations. We don't have the money to get a house right now, either, and he refuses to consider an apartment for short term because we'd be throwing away money and right now our situation is rent free.

[OOPS I accidentally pushed enter...venting more]

And I understand his desire to stay here, but his mother is always up in his business and mine. Any time we have a scuffle or disagreement, she knows about it. Any time he is frustrated with me, she knows about it. And of course any time I've done something (or haven't done anything) to anger, annoy, or frustrate her and her husband, he gets chewed out for my behavior and it just moves on down the line. The energy here is toxic. It stresses me out and sometimes I wonder with great heartache whether or not I made a mistake marrying him.

But that breaks my heart thinking that because I love him. So very much. Nobody makes me laugh like he does and we are different enough that we work. I think we bicker like any other married couple and my only complaint is he's very passive-aggressive with his communication.

I just graduated college and I finally have an offer for a job that I believe I'm going to love, but the job doesn't start until July 13. I'm excited and nervous and I really can't wait until then...because this situation frustrates me and I want to start earning money so we can save for a house. I don't want to live here for two years waiting for my husband to finish his degree and start working...

Either that or I just wish his mom could get some happy pills and get over the fact that, no, I'm not perfect. But I'm also not his ex-wife and unless he does something drastic like use and abuse me, then I'm not going anywhere.

</rant>

Last edited by adella_demona; 06-06-2015 at 12:31 AM..

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-06-2015, 12:38 AM

There's nothing like family pressure.
Keep your head held high and take the high road whenever you can. Don't get sucked into the madness, just keep going for what you want.
Take that job and kick its' ass.

Also, his mom probably shouldn't be all up in his and your business...but its hard to keep people's noses out of things when you all live together. Hopefully your new job enables you to find a way out.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-06-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
There's nothing like family pressure.
Keep your head held high and take the high road whenever you can. Don't get sucked into the madness, just keep going for what you want.
Take that job and kick its' ass.

Also, his mom probably shouldn't be all up in his and your business...but its hard to keep people's noses out of things when you all live together. Hopefully your new job enables you to find a way out.

That's what I've been saying. She needs to keep her nose out our business.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-07-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adella_demona View Post
That's what I've been saying. She needs to keep her nose out our business.
Yeah, but like I said, it can be hard not to notice or say things when you live with the people and see them every day. just from experience. it doesn't mean she's right, it just means she doesn't know how to cope some other way so she's probably just taking it out on you. :c

at least, that is what my experience says to me (which is minimal, my parents passed away when i was a kid so i only have seen other people's parents behave since then)

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-12-2015, 02:09 PM

PM me sometime and I can help you out. I know all kinds of ways to make people leave someone alone. XD