zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Yeah, I had that Method birch-scent soap. It smelled really good. I like those sorts of dark, kinda musky fragrances.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-14-2014, 01:25 PM

Now I'm curious how Icelandic Pancakes smell like.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM

You're not the only one!!

Seems like a pretty basic pancake recipe to me. Icelandic Pancakes Pönnukökur | All That Cooking
Thin pancakes, like British ones. Which are delicious!! Especially with lemon juice and sugar...I want some now ><

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Well, now I know what I will be cooking tomorrow. I really want those right now, but I don't have enough eggs and milk in the house.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 AM

That quiz gave me Issey Miyake L’eau D’Issey, which is apparently floral, wood, and musk. Nope, nope, and nope.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 AM

Hmm, I smelt L’eau D’Issey years ago and really liked it, very light and pretty fragrance.

But, what quiz, Cherry, I'm lost

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 AM

Sorry, the one Biggles posted on the last page. I had used the "go to most recent unread post" feature when opening this thread and hadn't noticed there was a page 2.

Really, light and pretty? I figured it would be one of those overpowering scents, given that it advertises "musk." But if you say so, maybe I'll have to give it a sniff if I'm ever in a schmancy department store (which I never am, but you know).

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-15-2014, 07:21 AM

Why Jelly, why did you have to post a picture!
I'm considering making them now! It's late afternoon where I am at the moment but I don't care.

That quiz gave me Ralph Lauren Romance. I forgot what that smells like but the last part of the description definitely made me giggle.

Quote:
You got: Ralph Lauren Romance

You have a great imagination and your head is always in the clouds. You love nothing more than getting stuck into a good book for hours on end. You’re romantic and sweet but you also have a naughty side.

---------- Post added 04-15-2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

After reading the instructions, icelandic pancakes are kinda like crepes. Or at least the crepes my chef instructor taught the class. Just realized, we don't have milk. NOOOOOOOO!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 PM

From the quiz I got:

Quote:
You got: Prada Amber

You’re great fun, and a fantastic party hostess. Whenever people come to your house, they know they’re going to have a good night. Lots of people are envious of how glamorous you seem, but as soon as they get to know you, they learn to love you.
Also, Bath and Body Works used to have this pillow spray that I adored:

Unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued. Now they just have regular Lavender Chamomile or Lavender Vanilla I believe.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 04-15-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2014, 02:02 AM

It seems (to my tastes, anyway) that BBW discontinues some of the best scents and keeps the worst. Something like a decade ago they had this apple one that was just wonderful. It smelled so amazing. Sweet and fruity and floral, but very light and crisp. Discontinued. I have a tube of lotion in it with just a teeny tiny amount in it. I don't use it anymore, I just sniff it once in a while to relive the glory. I'll probably still have that tube another 10 years from now.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM

I sometimes do the same thing Cherry. I had a candle once that I kept the jar with the last bit of wax in it just so I could smell it. >.<

They recently brought back Cotton Blossom which I used to like. I think it's called Sea Blossom now though? I dunno, I feel like I'm mostly done with that company. I hardly ever buy stuff there anymore.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 PM

I tend to go there and buy tons of things and then never wear them. I get "things that smell nice" and "things I want to smell like" confused. @_@ So I haven't let myself go in the last year. I've still got too many of their products to go through, I don't need more.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 PM

Lol

Quote:
What Should Your Signature Scent Actually Be?

You got: Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche
You’re smart, funny and always equipped to deal with whatever life throws at you. You’re hilariously funny, and people always come to you when they need cheering up.
I sniffed this years ago, didn't like xD Though you can totally stear the result by what you pick as they're pretty obvious, I think.

See, when I redo it, intentionally choosing responses I get this.
Quote:
What Should Your Signature Scent Actually Be?

You got: Marc Jacobs Daisy
Your friends always come to you when they need advice. You’re balanced, sweet and incredibly good at giving advice. You’re always up for fun and you’re the life and soul of every party.
A perfume that I own! lol.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 PM

Does it just smell like a daisy, or are there other notes in there too? I'm intrigued.

Nugget
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 AM

Coach Poppy Blossom.
Hands-down favorite.

I wish I could afford it, though lol
I got a roll-on of Poppy and Poppy Flower a long time ago at Sephora for a price that didn't hurt so much. I'll have to stop by tomorrow after work and see if they've still got it..

My deodorant changes pretty often, I get the "clinical strength" varieties of deodorants and right now I'm using this Secret one that smells liek peaches 8D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 AM

Secret clinical strength is amaze, oh my god. I've always had issues with super, super, super sweaty pits. My mom has hyperhydrosis on her hands, so I think I inherited that in my pits. Like, I can be sitting perfectly still, totally calm, and just feel a bead of sweat roll down my side. None of the "extra super clinical hardcore" deodorants ever got rid of it, though they helped. When the Secret Clinical Stress Response one came out, I decided to try it, and now it's like I have normal people armpits! And it smells like a sweet, flowery orange! Yay!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 AM

I was having to use clinical strength before I tried LaVanila, and I didn't like the smell/strength of smell and the chemical make-up of them. So when I found my current I was delighted. Still am.

Coach Poppy, eh? How strong is the scent, is it heavy and lingering?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 AM

You ladies reminded me that I have to get deodorant. >.>

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-18-2014, 01:01 AM

You're welcome.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 AM

I'm not sure what I'll get. I've been mostly going with whatever Secret solid stick but I don't feel seriously dedicated to any one brand/scent.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-18-2014, 01:17 AM

What kind of scent are you looking for? Perhaps we could recommend something. Failing that, just go down the deodorant aisle, uncapping everything and sniffing them.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-18-2014, 01:31 AM

i can't find my favorite lady schick *pouts* i am on my last one

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 AM

I'm up for anything really, except glitter. I like powdery scents, and clean scents. I'm totally a sniffer when it comes to buying deodorant. >.>

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-18-2014, 02:51 AM

What scent is it, hummy?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 AM

Zig, you might like mitchum deodorants, then. They have shower clean and powder fresh which are both very nice. It's super effective, too. It wasn't enough for me, but it was the best I found before Secret Clinical.