Angie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Angie

Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm currently reading two books:

One is Ruby in the Smoke which is by Phillip Pullman - we're reading it in English, but I just bought my own copy so that I could read it at home.

And I'm also reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. I remember reading a simplified version of it when I was around 8 or so, so I thought it'd be good to read the unabridged version. ^^

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. :oops:

poo.
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to poo.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 PM

I'm currently reading the following:
Zodiac P.I. (manga)
Menkou (manga, yaoi)
To Kill A Mockingbird (re-reading it)
A Little Princess (re-reading it)
The Chrysallids (almost finished XD)
Sherlock Holmes, Scholastic Classicals version. (re-reading it)

XD;;; *NERD*

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otohime
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. :oops:
My favorite of the books. :D
And thanks for stickying this! I always lost it and now I won't.

A Little Princess was one of my FAVORITES. I read it for fun last summer and fell in love with it.

GodModule
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to GodModule

Old 05-06-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodModule
Im reading the Abhorsen trilogy, im busy with my second book called Lirael. Its an amazing world Garth has created and easy used english so i can follow it perfectly xD

Ooh I love that trilogy as well, I just picked up the Dark Tower books by him as well and they're good too. Anyways, I'm currently reading Chainfire by Terry Goodkind, the 9th book in his Sword of Truth series.

Ohh cool =D

Dont know about the dark tower books, gonna search it up and write it down on my to read list xP

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 PM

One of my friends at school is reading the Dark Tower series. I asked him if they were good and he said they were.

The March Hare
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Peeps by Scott Westerfield. It's actually a very interesting read so far, even though I didn't think I would like it at first from reading a summary about it. Not your typical vampire story. Parasites, yum yum.

Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington. This is for history class. Possibly even more boring than our summer assignment which was about John Adams. This book makes me cry inside.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Re-reading it for inspiration for the story I'm writing. I love this book. I love his books. I love books. xD

The Swiss Guard
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 PM

• I am currently reading the book The Pushcart War which is about a bunch of people who fight against 3 truck delivery companies to defend their Pushcarts

bslayer
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to bslayer Send a message via MSN to bslayer

Old 05-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslayer
Quote:
Im reading the Abhorsen trilogy, im busy with my second book called Lirael. Its an amazing world Garth has created and easy used english so i can follow it perfectly xD

Ooh I love that trilogy as well, I just picked up the Dark Tower books by him as well and they're good too. Anyways, I'm currently reading Chainfire by Terry Goodkind, the 9th book in his Sword of Truth series.

Ohh cool =D

Dont know about the dark tower books, gonna search it up and write it down on my to read list xP

Hehe they're by Garth Nix. I think there's 6 volumes total. I have a book that has volumes 1-3, and another that has 4-6.

Naeru
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-09-2007, 02:11 AM

For school, I'm reading a war book called

The things they carry by Tim O' Brien. It's pretty famous I've heard.

Kazzy1231
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 PM

I am reading this message at this very minute honestly :roll:

CRUNKED
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to CRUNKED

Old 05-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Yesterday I picked up Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm trying to read all of his work because it just seems really interesting and scandalous once in a while.

Szinriia
Procrastinator

Old 05-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

I have to admit I'm finding it hard to get into due to his writing style.

Tech
*^_^*
Banned
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Tech

Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
One of my friends at school is reading the Dark Tower series. I asked him if they were good and he said they were.
I really enjoyed the Dark Tower Series. The stories are filled with so much sadness though. =(

And the end was dissappointing. It was a somewhat happy/hopeful ending, but I was left with this feeling of 'wha? no. NOOOO!!!!'

:o

oni
n/a

Old 05-11-2007, 03:04 AM

The book I'm reading at the moment in Day of the Dragon. Because yes, I'm that much of a nerd.

stormsangel

Old 05-11-2007, 03:04 AM

Right now I'm reading a book called 'Bloody Jack' I'm not sure who its by though. Its mostly about a girl who's pretending to be a guy so that she can work on a ship.

Gothic Melodies
Send a message via MSN to Gothic Melodies Send a message via Yahoo to Gothic Melodies

Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 AM

I am currrently reading a book named, "King Dork".
It is a great book. xP

.p.uddin.g.
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 AM

- edgar and ellen, NOD's LIMB
- the year we missed my birthday

Nuzzles
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Well i'm currently reading Angels and Demons. I'm told it's sort of like the Davin chi code and from what i've read so far it's pretty true. It's interesting none the less.

*precious..Star*
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to *precious..Star*

Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM

atm i am reading stravaganza the city of masks by mary hoffman- its quite good. In a room at the top of a tall house overlooking a canal, a man sat dealing cards on a desk covered in black silk. He made a circle of tweleve cards, face up, methodically moving widdershins, placed a thirteenth in the middle of the circle, then leaned back and comptemplated the pattern. 'strange,' he murmured! Enjoy? GET THE BOOK!! love mee! xx

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-13-2007, 05:36 AM

I just started reading War & Peace. How intimidating this book's been to me, sitting on my shelf, looking all fat and important for years! But today, I started and happily, it's not dry! It's actually interesting!

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 PM

I just finished reading Danse Macabre By Laurell K. Hamilton. Now I have to find a new book store since our local one just closed. *sobs* I hate living in this small town... :cry:

DoubleTrouble
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM

I'm trying to finish the Alex Cross novels by James Patterson. I'm on the 10th of 12 Alex Cross novels. I read the 11th already (in fact, that was the first book I read). So, after this book I'm reading, I'll be reading the last book already. Yay!!!

Emily Sargent
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM

The Forensic Science Of C.S.I.

I love how the book explains in great detail the methods used by forensic experts to analyze various objects that serve as potential evidence in a crime scene... but with technology being as fast as it is, I'm afraid that a lot of the procedures would go totally obsolete...

...Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the next incarnation of such a book in a few years time... if one actually comes out.

bslayer
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to bslayer Send a message via MSN to bslayer

Old 05-16-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szinriia
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

I have to admit I'm finding it hard to get into due to his writing style.
It is a bit different. I really like that book though :)