Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-16-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I have never had luck with groups, ever.
The only time I had a truly horrible time in a group RP was when I joined a long-running super highly-literate site. The rules weren't bad (though a bit heavy. There was a LOT of writing that was expected out of you if you wanted to stay active, but since I joined to try to improve, I didn't mind... at first) and most of the community was super nice... but the owner of the site was just, literally the worst person I've ever met in an RP circle. Very rude and controlling, not above banning someone for petty reasons, and the thing was, the site had gone on for so long, that most people didn't have the heart to leave. They had put their hearts into some of the lore of the place and it was clear they just tolerated the owner's bad attitude. I couldn't, so I had to leave.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-16-2019, 09:56 PM

I did one where my friend was involved. I wasn't very good at writing long posts. Though I had her permission to writer shorter posts. The other members of the group got mad at me and even when this friend of mine told me I had permission they still got on me. So I left.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-16-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I did one where my friend was involved. I wasn't very good at writing long posts. Though I had her permission to writer shorter posts. The other members of the group got mad at me and even when this friend of mine told me I had permission they still got on me. So I left.
Moments like that are why I make sure any group I join has their posting requirements written as clearly as possible because otherwise, I worry that I'm just keeping everybody back with posts that are too short.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 PM

What pissed me off is I had the groups leaders permission.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-18-2019, 08:58 AM

Yeah...I'm not as harsh on people for shorter posts if I'm running a multi-person RP. Mostly because sometimes, I've been that person who doesn't really have enough material for the longer posts . If there's not a lot to write, then nothing wrong with the shorter posts...so long as they don't become a big pattern.

I mostly just care about if your posts are literate and relevant to what's going on so far.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2019, 12:24 AM

I think it depends on the rp for me because there are some rps that it's just so hard to respond to shorter posts in. I know it bothers a lot of people because they put in a lot of time. Just because the rp leader approved, doesn't mean they had every other players approval so I can see how that situation happened. People should be polite about their problems in a group though. There's no point in being too sassy about things because ostracizing a user just hurts the story in the end.

These days though, I'd take anyone in a group just because so few people are interested in joining.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 AM

hiya Kat

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2019, 05:59 AM

Sup Hummy. What chu up to?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-19-2019, 01:57 PM

I just no longer do group chats. And it wasn't like they were super short. I always managed to do a couple paragraphs. But everybody else was doing half dozen or more paragraphs.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Hi guys. ^^

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-20-2019, 03:50 AM

This is my Coco boy we did not get him fix. mostly cause it would cost way to much money.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I just no longer do group chats. And it wasn't like they were super short. I always managed to do a couple paragraphs. But everybody else was doing half dozen or more paragraphs.
Yeah... they just sound like pretentious dirtbags. I love making extra long posts, but it's something I can't exactly do 100% of the time and I'd never expected the same of my partners, you know? I've always been a strict 2+ para player, myself. If it goes higher, then it's a treat, but expecting more on average is usually just begging for burnout in my experience.

I've also found that people who define literacy by a specific wordcount are almost always jerks who expect too much out of a fun hobby.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-21-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor star rainbow View Post
This is my Coco boy we did not get him fix. mostly cause it would cost way to much money.
Oh my goodness, he's so freaking adorable!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-21-2019, 03:51 PM

He's such a cute dog! Some kind of collie, right?

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-22-2019, 12:41 AM

Sorry Camo-chan he is a Shetland sheep dog aka a Shelite. Also thank you ladies I'm tolled by some people. he could be a model for his breed. so far only my mom has said that. lols

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-23-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
Yeah... they just sound like pretentious dirtbags. I love making extra long posts, but it's something I can't exactly do 100% of the time and I'd never expected the same of my partners, you know? I've always been a strict 2+ para player, myself. If it goes higher, then it's a treat, but expecting more on average is usually just begging for burnout in my experience.

I've also found that people who define literacy by a specific wordcount are almost always jerks who expect too much out of a fun hobby.
Ugh, those arseholes. They're the ones who aren't looking for an RP, so much as a co-author to their novel XP. Having what's essentially a page's worth of material per post is kinda dickish.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-23-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Ugh, those arseholes. They're the ones who aren't looking for an RP, so much as a co-author to their novel XP. Having what's essentially a page's worth of material per post is kinda dickish.
I suppose I was also a fool for expecting people from a site that literally have their slogan as "The writer's RPG" (As if most roleplayers don't write, I guess??) and being surprised that they're elitists lol.

As much as I love the satisfaction after churning out a massive RP post, I'd rather do it with someone who only writes two paragraphs that are really having fun with me than some jerkbag that gets upset when people dare to treat their RP as anything less than a full job.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-24-2019, 01:57 AM

Star - I'm definitely no expert in dog breeds. My parents have a greyhound and a havanese, so those are the breeds I'm most familiar with. He does look like he could be a doggie model, look at him pose for the pic!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-24-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
I suppose I was also a fool for expecting people from a site that literally have their slogan as "The writer's RPG" (As if most roleplayers don't write, I guess??) and being surprised that they're elitists lol.

As much as I love the satisfaction after churning out a massive RP post, I'd rather do it with someone who only writes two paragraphs that are really having fun with me than some jerkbag that gets upset when people dare to treat their RP as anything less than a full job.
Exactly X'D. While I'm a writer and I want to get a book published, I don't expect others to want to write a whole damn book for a casual RP .

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-24-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Exactly X'D. While I'm a writer and I want to get a book published, I don't expect others to want to write a whole damn book for a casual RP .
Same. While sometimes its fun to do a super TryHard mega literate group every once in a while, it's not something I'm mentally up for all the time.

And as much as I'd like to be published one day... I think I'm more of an RPer than a writer. Writing all by my lonesome has always felt weird and uncomfortable to me. D:

I feel like I need someone along with me to make sure I'm not writing absolute garbage, you know?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 AM

That probably helps, yeah X'D.

Recently I've been toying with the idea of 'porting over a little semi-RP hangout from Roliana since they're closing. Magical school themed~

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
That probably helps, yeah X'D.

Recently I've been toying with the idea of 'porting over a little semi-RP hangout from Roliana since they're closing. Magical school themed~
Oooh, I'm a sucker for magic schools. :o

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 AM

Same X'D. Might be a fun counterpoint to the sci-fi-ey space station ^^

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 03-03-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Same X'D. Might be a fun counterpoint to the sci-fi-ey space station ^^
Yeah, that definitely sounds nice. I'm not that great in sci-fi settings. I like them, but I dunno how to write in them?

btw, how does a hangout RP place work? Do you just hangout in character, or are there set events to RP in...? It sounds appealing but also confusing to me, but that's probably just me. XD

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 03-03-2019, 08:20 AM

I think I'll have seperate RP events that happen? I've got a bit of a loose storyline for the whole thing, I got it started over on Rliana and even made my own NPCs for it .