Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:07 AM

Banner by Mythos!

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-19-2015 at 05:50 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:11 AM

Welcome to Menewsha's Valentine's Day Event! We are glad to have you join us!

Not sure how the event works? Read on, and hopefully your questions will be answered. If you need help with anything, please post here and we will do our best to aid you.

To make things easier for people who come to this thread looking for help, please try to keep off-topic chat to a minimum. We hope you enjoy the event!

Last edited by Magnus; 02-12-2015 at 08:01 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:13 AM

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

The event will last about 7 days. We're aiming to end the event on February 20th, (Hour TBA) Pacific Time

• How do I participate in the event?

The staff have prepared many wonderful contests and games for you, which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Links to each contest are also provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will gain some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you might gain some more by playing the game of chance every 15 minutes. But it's a true game of chance: you may win big, or you may walk away empty-handed!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 5 pairs of cards to play every 15 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing the pot by guessing incorrectly the next round...your choice!

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Yes! Just head down to the Special Event Store.

Note: Commons should all be tagged - please let us know if any previews aren't working.

Event commons will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved out into the main stores and will retail for double their event price.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

Yes! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They'll be on the back page.

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will be yours.

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued.

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-19-2015 at 05:48 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:16 AM

Staff Contests & Games

• The Flophouse - Channah's Speakeasy (Official Hangout) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Come join us in the official hangout thread. Lounge on our velvet and leather upholstered couches, relax in the lavish private booths, or belly up to the bar. And if you hear a loud cackle, that probably means the hostess, Channah, is in residence. Mind your manners somethin' fierce.

• Mafia (Team Strategy Game) -- JUMP TO MAIN THREAD
    Emerald House Mysteries | Sapphire Street Murders | Crimson City Crime Spree | Bystander's Bar
    Think you can sniff out the mobsters? Think you can trick the masses and seize control? Sign up to play or merely observe our intense murder mystery game and give your wits a real work-out!

• Russian Roulette (Dice Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    This game of chance sure isn't for the faint of heart. Come gamble with Knerd to see if you'll win big, or if your name will be added to the growing list of Deceased. Is the risk worth it?

• Tricky Business (Mystery Murder Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Was it Zelda with the Knife in the Hotel? Or maybe Elliot with the Tommy Gun at Kenneth’s House? Join Cora and zigbigadorlube as they investigate the circumstances of a murder mystery and help solve the important questions of WHO committed the crime, with what WEAPON, and WHERE the murder took place.

• Cocoa or No Cocoa (Cooking Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Join KatMagenta in this Valentine's Day cooking contest, where you will be commemorating the Menewsha Valentine's Day Massacre by celebrating the abundance of chocolate we have today and remembering the past where chocolate was prohibited.

• Living Sounds (Song Matching Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but what happens when we put that picture to music? Help ~LONGCAT~ bring scenes from Menewsha's historic past to life by setting the images to song.

• Allure and Couture (Avatar Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    There's something for everyone in this avatar contest by Mythos and Cora. With a colors category, a daily theme challenge, a riddle, and even a game of I Spy, this thread is sure to keep avatar enthusiasts busy!

• Mystery Date (Choose-your-own-adventure Sort of Thingie) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Captain Howdy officiates as you submit to your friend Sophie setting you up on a blind date with the Valentine's Day man of your dreams. Will he be fabulous, or freaky? Your daily choices will help determine the outcome!

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2015 at 07:20 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:17 AM

Event Item Info

Foamy Delight
(9 Chips)

Bellybutton . . . . . . . . . . sjacklene . . . .

Nouveau Headband
(14 Chips)

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-16-2015 at 07:46 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 AM

Avatars Featuring the New Commons

Note: The 5 original colors of Plain Old Purse can be found at Bag, Borrow, or Steal.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2015 at 08:53 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2015, 05:23 AM

Reserved

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-13-2015, 06:46 PM

Woohoo, event time! :3

Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 PM

I don't think I've ever been this excited over something historical.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 PM

not to mention the awesome as heck items they'v emade.. i can't WAIT to get my hands on as many of those items as i can 'nods enthusiastically'

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:05 PM

I'm glad we're getting to examine an event in menewsha's history!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2015, 07:10 PM

You look fabulous, Emilio!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
he really really does 'nods'

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 08:53 PM

We are earning only 0.25 per post of chocolates now. D: I know we had reduced rate for FOWN 2014, but the event was full 10 days long, so much longer than this and that was staff's explanation. What is it now? ):

Last edited by sadrain; 02-13-2015 at 09:00 PM..

Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 02-13-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
he really really does 'nods'
Got to look the part!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
We are earning only 0.25 per post of chocolates now. D: I know we had reduced rate for FOWN 2014, but the event was full 10 days long, so much longer than this and that was staff's explanation. What is it now? ):
We used the same formula we always use. Projected activity over time vs the total cost of the EIs. As always, if it seems the rate is proving too difficult for the average user, we will adjust it.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 PM

Honestly, I plan to spend decent time here, but if I earn enough for 2 corsets in like 4 hours, (that's 20 tokens) with playing chance on both main and mule, and that means probably average EI takes 5 hours... That's a LOT of time to invest on this site every day if I want even like 10 event commons, not just single EI set.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2015, 10:05 PM

We adjust the earn rate around EIs, not the event commons. Commons are half-price gold, so you have alternate means of acquiring them during the event.

It's a little bit premature to be worrying about the EI prices when you have no idea what they will even be. :)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 10:07 PM

Usually, EIs are 20+ tokens, I don't think i've ever seen the whole set go for like in 10's low end. Unless magic happens, it will be so.
And event commons are part of event and something I consider immediately as event starts, and most people do (and half of after-event questions in feedback are about them!!), that's why they are event commons. But I suppose, it's fruitless to discuss this with you right now. Time will show how this goes.

Last edited by sadrain; 02-13-2015 at 10:10 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2015, 10:22 PM

I think you'll feel better about the EI pricing, at least, when you see what they actually cost this time - it'll be a lot more affordable than last event.

Thank you for waiting to see about the rest. ;)

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2015 at 10:27 PM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 PM

Event tokens, as Rain described them, should never have been part of the "event experience." Events shouldn't be about easy commons. Especially when we only get new commons during events.

A couple of "free" commons should be considered a gift and a bonus. Not an expectation.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-13-2015, 11:01 PM

OK.
I was trying to figure out how much we were earning per post.
(my math mind disappeared somewhere).

I see now that it's .25
I guess I always liked it when it was a flat .5

Last event I was only able to get a few of the commons.
I'm wondering how many I'll be able to get this time...

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 02-14-2015, 01:54 AM

you really need to face facts that hte first things the users worrie about are the commons not all of us have the gold to buy items and with the sell back closed there's no QUICK AND DIRTY way to get the gold needed to get the items. i know there is a perfectly good reason, such as users using hte sell back shop to triple thei rmoney and such, very good reason's for it, but you keep saying that 'half price' is an alternative when most users do not wan tot spend the godl their savign for CI's that are beign held for them and so forth on commons..so yes that is the first thing they worrie about factorign in when they think of tokens. and no im not complaining im just explaining.

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 02-14-2015, 02:30 AM

I am loving the vintage commons... I need it all!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2015, 02:32 AM

I think one thing that needs to be pointed out here, the commons were never meant to be the main show of events. The main focus should be and always has been the Event Items. We set the currency at a level that we feel allows the average user to get one set.

The commons are an extra feature that didn't need to be added. We do make the commons as an extra added thing because we like you guys and want you guys to have nice things, but our concern on the front of the tokens isn't about how many commons an average person can earn, it is and always will be the Event Items.