Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-16-2017, 06:40 AM

Adam beamed. Trey needn't say more... Adam felt as though for a moment, the two of them were connected. Be it, through some kind of musical fate, or what, Adam felt as though he'd put out a piece of his soul into someone else for a while, and they received it with open arms. Adam smiled at Trey; a genuine smile this time. Perhaps the only genuine smile he'd ever given the smaller man.

Adam nodded at Trey's question. He thought he shouldn't say more about it, but before his brain could tell his tongue what to do, he found himself talking... "Yes, I played the lute. I learned a long time ago... I used to play for-..." But Adam's brain finally caught the reins and Adam silenced himself. Not wanting to share too much. He shook off the sadness that overcame him for a moment and looked at Trey. "I'm glad you liked it." He smiled.

From there, Adam stood up from where he was sitting in the producer's seat and he looked around the recording studio. "Perhaps now would be a great time for me to hear your music?" He asked. Adam was very excited to hear Trey's music, but he didn't show it. He felt rejuvenated after sharing a piece of himself with Trey. Adam found that he actually quite liked the young man's company. Maybe Trey could be someone that Adam would keep around.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 01:22 AM

Accepting Adam's words in silence, Trey wondered why the other man's speech sort of hiccuped in the middle. There was an incomplete sentence and that bothered Trey, being left hanging. However, he wasn't sure how or even if he should question it. Maybe he just imagined that Adam walked circles around something he never said. "Okay," he finally answered, a faint pout on his face. He covered it up quickly with his best impression of a smile though, even if the expression didn't quite come out right. "I did like it. I want to learn more instruments since I'm good at it, but rock is very nice too."

Nodding once to accent his words, Trey stood again walking straight for the studio door. He paused there though, realizing that his actions may not translate his actual intent well. Trey turned back toward Adam again. His smile, or attempt at it, was gone, though he felt even more excited now. "I did not bring my guitar. I could sing, but bass is my best. You should hear the real thing, not a production," he stated. Trey pulled open the door, not exactly waiting for Adam as he turned toward the hall. "We can go to my apartment since it's not far."

Starting down the hall, Trey expected Adam to follow. His request wasn't weird after all. What else would he do if asked to share music without his guitar present? He was a Nøkk after all. Magic didn't translate technologically.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-21-2018 at 07:21 PM..

Kory

Old 01-11-2018, 04:46 AM

Adam stood from where he was seated and looked at Trey. He thought about telling Trey that he could teach him how to play certain instruments, but his mind decided that now was not the time to suggest such a thing. Perhaps once he'd gotten to know Trey better, then they could get more intimate and share instrument lessons. Adam still felt incredibly proud of himself that Trey liked his music. It doesn't take much to impress someone who doesn't know music, but to impress someone who does... Well, Adam always saw that as a huge accomplishment.

Adam shrugged at the suggestion of going to Trey's apartment. He didn't really care where they went as long as there was good music. Adam followed Trey out of the recording room and down the hall. He wasn't too sure of what to expect when he'd enter Trey's apartment. Adam's own apartment was actually quite messy due to his obsession with collecting vintage music and instruments. His apartment was too small for his addiction.

Adam followed Trey like a shadow, keeping himself quiet the entire time. Adam didn't have very many words, mostly because he didn't want to talk. Adam didn't speak much unless he had a good reason.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2018, 07:36 PM

They walked out of the studio building in silence and onto the streets outside. The air felt crisp, almost welcoming in the way that evening often was. It made Trey glad for the silence so that he could enjoy it. The walk took less than ten minutes with the path that he took through alley's and the backside of the apartment complex. Still, it was a good night outside and Trey found himself excited to share his music in a way he almost never did now. Not on a stage or with adoring fans, but with a peer. A talented one at that.

Passing the high fence behind the apartments, Trey led Adam to the front door and opened it, clearly not having locked it when he left. "I don't really use the bedroom so just ignore it," he muttered as he led the way inside. Like he said, the floor was littered with a few possessions, but mostly the apartment looked empty with very few things on top of the furniture surface and the blankets on top of his mattress sitting directly on the floor giving the room more warmth than anything else. His bass leaned against the wall, music sheets and other detritus taking over a table's surface.

Taking the guitar case, he sat on the bed, getting ready to show it off. Ah, but it would be better in the tub except he couldn't really play bass in the tub. Oh well. He strummed a few notes. "Do you want to hear one of my songs or should I just play something?"

Kory

Old 02-22-2018, 06:48 AM

Being so driven for his love for music, Adam followed Trey as closely as he could. Trey's apartment was... barren. It was very different from the cluttered mess of Adam's own apartment and it was a welcomed breath of fresh air, to be someplace completely different for a change. Adam stood awkwardly in a corner of the room, watching as Trey sat down on his bed. When Trey asked what Adam would like to hear, Adam simply shrugged.

"I'll hear anything." Adam said. Ideally, he would have just sat in silence until Trey did something, but Adam knew better than to be that awkward turtle he usually was... Trey wasn't one of those screaming fans, or an inexperienced record producer... This was a peer and Adam knew better than to close himself off to him just yet.

As Adam waited for Trey to decide what to play, Adam looked around the room, noticing little things here and there. Like the color of the walls, the way the moonlight streamed in through the crack in the window, the way the floor slightly creaked with each one of his steps... Adam also noticed Trey. He was eager to hear music from someone who appeared to be so young. Still, Adam never liked to seem as though he were too excited. He leaned his head back against the wall and close his eyes, listening for whatever music would come from this younger man.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-06-2018, 01:17 AM

Trey hummed, not sure what Adam said counted as an answer. Still, it was a response and he took it to heart. Adam would hear anything? Then Trey would play anything. After a minute more of sitting in silence, he strummed his fingers over the string. In many ways, the bass dwarfed him, but when the notes rung out, it seemed as if he were made for the bass. Or the bass for him. He picked out random notes that matched the insect noises from outside, following at first no melody until the song picked up. He reached a chord, followed it into a chord from one of his recent songs and fell into it as if the two melodies were the most natural thing to place together.

Halfway through, he picked up the vocals. His pure voice did not match the small one that he spoke with, but he didn't put strength behind it, dropping the notes entirely at times so that the bass guitar could do the real talking. Finally, he wound the song down to match the insects again until that too faded into silence. Opening his eyes, Trey realized for the first time that he'd closed them. Adam leaned against the far wall and Trey met his eye without saying anything at first. Finally, he placed his bass guitar in his lap. "What do you think?"