Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 AM

Another day of no voice. Not sure why my allergy meds are not working as well, but the pollen is definitely mocking them! We live in a heavily wooded area with a considerable amount of trees and flowering plants aka weeds sprouting up and blooming. Hoping it doesn't rain this weekend so we can mow the yard.

My job entails calling people and our calls are monitored. If we do not sound cheerful or if we're hard for the person moderating us to hear, we face being written up. So, it's in my best interest to call in and say I can't work than annoying the staff listening in. We don't have an hourly commitment. It's a very weird company, but I like the flexibility.

Spent the day watching Vikings produced by The History Channel. Interesting retelling of Ragnar Lodbrok's story. Some is in line with the literature/history - lots of embellishment - but a good representation. Had a great discussion with my daughter about it, since some of what is depicted of the culture of the time involves our spiritual beliefs.

The previous plans hubster and I discussed are a bit of a wash since we simply don't have enough information yet to make a decision.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-11-2014, 02:36 AM

We lost a lot during a move so I have her diary (from around the time I was born till I was about five) and one poem she wrote but I'll check with family to see if they have any. It would probably be a small book because she wasn't materialistic and all of her poetry books got thrown away or left behind.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-11-2014, 02:58 AM

That happens, and I'm sorry so much was lost.

How was your birthday??

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 PM

It's alright. Hopefully I'll find enough for a small book.

It was great actually! We went for Korean food, shopped a bit, and ended up going hiking.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-11-2014, 07:48 PM

We've had the perfect weather for hiking lately, haven't we? I see a lot of people posting about bike riding on the new green beltway thing near UWG.

How was the food?

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-12-2014, 03:01 AM

We have! I might have to get a bike to go bike riding there. ^^

Great! I had seafood pancake and a strawberry bubble tea.

Also I'm sure I had a message from you but I can't find it. I think I looked at it before I left the other day then had to update my computer or something so I lost it.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 PM

I think I did send you something a few days ago, then had a brain fart and forgot it was super close to your birthday - figured you were out and about having fun with Elora/friends! I'm really glad you had a great time!

I was able to figure out how many hours I could work while maintaining the health insurance for the kids. My partner looked at sites to sell some things he bought to resell online last year, and we may head off to one of the local flea markets some time this month. It will be an adventure. I'll need to take a break from humans a couple of days afterward. Even just going out around people for our haircuts today drained me. Not sure what the deal is, but I feel completely antisocial. Don't want to call people or respond to text messages.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-14-2014, 12:42 AM

Far more relaxing day today with hubster and the kids. Did some cleaning, finished with laundry, decent dinner, kids getting ready for bed - AND - we're re-watching the first Hobbitmovie.

Daughter and I made some gluten-free shortbread cookies.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-29-2014, 09:04 PM

Work is on the back-burner until my son starts Kindergarten in August. Oddly enough, I'm at peace about this. Still need to contact a friend who works at a local library to see about volunteer opportunities. Would rather spend a few hours a week doing something in my field to gain experience as a volunteer. Just glad funds are okay for now.

Hubster was interviewed for a job at a local business, but they are hiring so many people for this new facility it may take a while before he hears anything back. Just glad he's working now and keeping fingers crossed about this other job since it's closer to home.