ContessaLeandra
“The first reaction to truth is ...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 AM

Name: Lissa Marinus
Hair Color: Dyed Red, Black Naturally
Eye Color: Olive Green

Lissa was doing homework. In fact, she had a very huge amount of math due the next day. She'd never been particularly good at math, but tonight's assignment was especially difficult, considering she had not gotten enough sleep the night before. It made her wonder how she'd even gotten to Calculus in the first place, except that she wanted so badly to major in Atmospheric Science. How would she ever be a Storm Chaser if she didn't get through math and physics, and all that jazz? The answer was, of course, that she wouldn't. So despite her obvious qualms with the subject, she had to get through it even if it killed her. As she stifled a yawn, she thought that the assignment might do just that.

However, she was attracted by the night sky. Her curtains had been pulled away from the window because Lissa enjoyed looking out at the stars while she did her homework. Sometimes she would be so entranced by them that she wouldn't do any homework at all for long intervals of time-- twenty, thirty minutes-- and would return flustered to her work wondering where the time had gone. This particular night there was a flickering in the sky. A shooting star, that was bigger and brighter than they usually were. Lissa stood up, leaning towards the window. "Wow, that was awesome! Hm, I'm supposed to make a wish when I see a shooting star, huh?" She squeezed her eyes closed, clutching her hands to her chest. "I wish I didn't have to do this stupid math homework!"

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM

Name: Damen Caille
Looks: silver hair with white bangs (natural) pic
Profession: Shuttle shipper/smuggler
Species: Quadisian (from the Oran Galaxy, planet Quadisia)
Characteristics of species: Soon to be discovered... :3

Time Period - Present Earth(?) in a big city? Like LA, Tokyo, or something?

Damen cursed as his shuttle's back-up engine failed and he was sucked into the atmosphere of some off-chart planet that circled a pitiful sun. He should have done a system check before leaving Quad but figured for once, nothing bad would happen if he took a short cut through another galaxy. But here he was. What else can go wrong tonight...? He cursed again as he saw that he would inevitably have to land on the small planet.

Silently, the sleek light blue shuttle shook into the inner atmosphere and slid closer to a green and blue surface, dotted with an odd white lighting in some places. He came to a stop in a small green clearing and black lines zig-zagging across it with no particular meaning (he's in a park or something similar to that :3). He got out of the vessal quietly and stood beside it, hands on hips as he chewed his lip. "Shit..."

Last edited by Whisper Invictus; 10-24-2012 at 03:42 AM..

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 AM

Lissa waited a bit after making her wish, hoping something spontaneously amazing would happen to prevent her from finishing her homework. Unfortunately, even after a few minutes of standing and holding her hands clasped closely to her, nothing happened. She gave a frustrated sigh and sat back down in her desk, picking up her mechanical pencil and tapping the eraser to her lips. Sine... Cosine.. Something... Something. What was the formula for that again? "Unnngh," she groaned, collapsing into her arms on the table. She was so tired, and so not wanting to finish. But she had to, she knew she wouldn't have time between classes the next day. And she definitely would not be able to wake herself up earlier in the morning to finish. She overslept practically every morning.

"I'll take a short walk," she decided, jumping up to her feet. Her chair squeaked as it was forced back. She lived on the outskirts of town, on a ranch owned by her parents. There weren't any weirdos out there waiting to jump her on their land... Hopefully. Lissa put on a coat and raced down the stairs. Her mother was washing dishes in the kitchen. "Lissa? Where are you going?" Lissa waved on the way out the front door. "Short walk, mom. I'll be back in a bit."

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 01:34 AM

Damen bent by the tiny shipping shuttle and sighed. "Why does this have to happen to me? Not the one who forgot to fuel this damn thing... but me." I sighed again and walked around ship, wondering how I was going to get it running. "Hmm, this planet probably doesn't even have a Shuttle Stop..." Thinking of that I glared at the shiny blue shuttle and willed it to just start. Giving up on that idea, I leaned against it and looked up at the black sky. This place had only one satellite, and it was quite beautiful, in a boring way. The stars were a bit covered by the atmosphere here...

I jumped at a sound from close by and realized that I must have landed near a residential location. I looked around, but wasn't sure if my appearance was much different from here. I stood still, waiting to see what else would go wrong today.

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 AM

Lissa pulled her dork iPod shuffle out of her coat pocket, sticking the earbuds in and playing. She had a bit if bluegrass, some Irish music, Middle Eastern music...As many different types of music as possible. Lissa was not a picky. She liked other countries and traveling as much as the next non-racist person. And having grown up in a rural area with agricultural-minded parents, she was ready for something different than the typical folk/country music of the area. If she had to look at another cow... Suddenly, she smelled something burning. Quirking a thin red brow, she sniffed the air a couple of times, she wandered towards the smell. Had some reckless teenagers set their land aflame again attempting a campfire for their latest drunken party?

But no. When Lissa stepped into the field, she actually saw a long, blackened path with patches of grass burning here and there. It looked as though something really huge had charred a large area of the ground. Like a giant flamethrower? Not possible. Her jaw agape, Lissa walked along the smoldering ground, scratching her head. What was going on?! Suddenly her country bumpkin life didn't seem so boring. Actually, she was kinda of worried. Should she run back home to tell her parents? What would they do if she did? She could not think of anything that-- Wait. The bright shooting star! Lissa almost squealed with joy. "A METEOR? Did a METEOR crash here?" she yelped with glee, now running to see if she could find an end to the burning and possibly a large chunk of space rock.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 AM

I jumped as what sounded like a squeal came to my sensitive ears. Looking around the shuttle, I saw what looked like a feminine creature much similar to my own appearance coming toward me and the ship. I couldn't quite understand what she was saying and quickly pulled out the Inter-species ear clip and placed it over my ear, hoping whatever dialect she spoke registered in the clips system. Luckily, it did. I held back a laugh that she thought the markings were from a meteor. Hoping my appearance would keep me disguised because of the similarities, I stepped out from behind the small sleek shuttle and saw the being clearly. She had long red tinted hair and green eyes. I turned my head sideways. She was very pretty for an alien species....

((Eh, sorry for the late response. Had to run some errands ;)))

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 03:24 AM

((No problem! :3 ))

Lissa squatted to examine a burning bush, her jaw still ajar. She was looking for pieces of rock that looked out of the ordinary. But it was hard to tell from all the black charcoal and ashes, and she didn't exactly want to reach into the cinders. Ouch. So she stood back up and rested her hands behind her head, looking around the darkened field for any other sort of clues. It was exceedingly difficult to make out anything in the middle of the night, except for odd shapes and the sound of chirping crickets far in the distance. However, in the immediate area, there was only silence. A dead, somewhat unsettling silence. In fact, as Lissa looked around and saw nothing and no one, she felt a bit frightened. It reminded her of a horror movie. She turned around, still searching for any sign of something when...

Was that a glint of metal? Tucked behind some trees not too far off. She took a few steps towards whatever it was, squinting. She still didn't see anything. But... Wait a second. She thought she saw a figure duck behind the object. Hair? White? What? She rubbed her eyes, thinking she was seeing things. Maybe it was stupid to go towards something suspicious, but Lissa couldn't help it. She was curious by nature!

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 03:37 AM

The being walked closer to Damen and the ship, what looked like a curious expression on her face. Damen edged closer to the shuttle and watched intently, wondering what the reaction of an off-chart planet being would be. They seemed to not know much about outside worlds by the way she had thought his shuttle was a meteor crash.

As she drew closer, he assumed her species were not.... threatening. Her body was tiny in size compared to most other species. At least compared to ones he dealt with. Of course, his profession didn't have much to do with the weak hearten or smaller beings. He wondered at the name of her species and planet... but couldn't recall anything. DamenHe stood silently under the shade of tall brown and green vegetation and waited as she approached, not sure how to address the situation.

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Leave it to Lissa to discover something... RIDICULOUS! Which was exactly what she thought when she walked head first into a giant metal object. "OUCH!" She fell onto her behind, holding her head between her hands as a faint ringing vibrated through her ears. When the pain had subsided she stumbled back onto her feet, feeling the thing. It was a cool, smooth metal on her sweaty palms. Definitely not a meteor. No. Something more unbelievable and extraordinary, she didn't even want to admit to it. If she did, and ran back to tell anyone in her town... Her parents, her friends, her classmates... Everyone, and she meant EVERYONE, would think she was crazy. It wasn't a hallucination. It felt real as the the trees or the grass underneath her feet. She was standing in front of a bonafied, flying saucer. Well, except it wasn't exactly SHAPED like a saucer. It was closer to a rocket, actually. A bizarre, shiny rocket. It seemed to be colored, but it was too dark to tell for sure.

But then Lissa started wondering.. If this was a weird ship, from the military or other country... Or God forbid. outer space... Where was the pilot? Was he dead? She panicked, hoping it wasn't too late to save whoever had been unlucky enough to find themselves stuck in the wreckage. But as she was running around the other side of the UFO, she can face to face with a... Person? At least, he looked like a person. Except his clothing was really bizarre and his hair was long and funky-colored. Lissa yelped and, once again, fell back onto her butt.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 04:27 AM

[imgleft]http://usera.imagecave.com/leannb/shippppp.PNG.jpg[/imgleft]Damen watched as she ran into his shuttle and her facial expressions changing from confusion to wonder and curiosity. He leaned against the other side of the ship, curious himself as she circled around towards him. His eyes could see every detail as they were accustomed to the dark, his home planet's sun having died long before his birth. They were red tinted and rimmed in black. He watched closely as she came face to face with him and her expression changed to disbelief as she fell down again. Sure are a clumsy species...

Damen grinned at the feminine being and continued to lean against his ship. He stared at her, not sure if he could pull off her language and not sure if it was such a smart idea to give away that he was from another planet....

((Sorry took so long. Looking for a picture... Meh, the ship kinda looks like that << but more sleek. And metallic blue... Maybe I'll draw one... *nods*))

Last edited by Whisper Invictus; 10-24-2012 at 03:44 AM..

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 AM

"Wha? Guh.. Buh..." Lissa glanced at the ship, and then at the strange man. He did not seem alarmed by her presence at all. In fact, he seemed more amused. He was leaning up against the ship, grinning down at her. She gaped. Seemed she was doing a lot of that tonight. She'd gone from doing math homework, to going on a walk. Now this! Then it dawned on her. She'd made a wish on the falling star to prevent her from having to finish homework. And now, it turned out that the falling star was not a meteor or comet at all. Instead, it was a space ship, with... A very attractive alien pilot, if she did say so herself. Which was weird that she would think that, considering he was an alien, and did look pretty weird now that she looked at him. What with the hair and creepy eye color... But since she saw him..?

"Are you going to abduct me?" she asked, straightforward as per usual. Lissa was not one to beat around the bush, even with strangers or visitors from other planets. Not that the alien would understand a word she was saying, but it never hurt to try, right? She was somewhat excited by the idea of getting abducted, honestly. But at the same time, it freaked her out. What DID she prefer? Finishing her math or being abducted and never seeing Earth ever again?

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 AM

Damen watched her expressions change once again as she gaped at him. It seemed these beings were prone to emotions. Interesting. He hid a grin as she asked him if hewas going to abduct her then slowly pushed away from his ship, taking a predatory stride as he walked slowly towards her.

"Do you want me to abduct you?" He was curious to what she would say, knowing nothing of her species that was so well hidden on an off-chart planet. Damen stood in front of her and crossed his arms across his chest, looking down at her.

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 AM

Lissa was, honestly, surprised to hear that the alien spoke English. He had a strange accent not like anything she had ever heard, but his words were well-articulated. And there was something undeniably awesome about the way he stepped towards her with that smirk. Was this a step into a fantasy every girl had entertained once? Well, generally it involved vampires as the nonhuman being interacting with a girl, but whatever. However, she took note of a little contraption set in his ear. Or, what looked like his ear. Maybe it was helping him with the language? Obviously anyone with interplanetary space travel had to have some pretty decent technology.

If that was the case, though, he could simply be taking the appearance of a more humanoid being. He could actually be terrifying! So Lissa was having a hard time answering his question. She blinked at him... Him, her... Whatever it was, and stated, "It depends. If you actually look like that, maybe. If you aren't evil. However, if you are secretly a giant octopus with huge tentacles and razor sharp teeth, like in The Simpsons... Decidedly not.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 AM

Damen held back a grin at what she said. Her voice was very... intriguing. The way it flowed sounded very different, alien to his ears. He turned his head and looked at her questioningly. "What is an... ock-toe-pus?" He grinned mischievously at her, curious as she obviously didn't know anything outside this small planet. This was a virgin galaxy though, so it was expected.

"And I say, I hope this is my actual appearance. I haven't been near any rays in a while, at least..." He winked at her.

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 05:51 AM

Lissa was taken aback by the wink. It was almost... Human? And not at all alarming. In fact, it was sort of reassuring. The alien didn't seem evil, as far as she could tell. But she wouldn't be thrown off just yet. It would be incredibly naive to trust an alien. Especially a charismatic, charming one. "An octopus is an animal that lives in the ocean," she replied. "It's squishy and has tentacles." It occurred to her that she was still on her butt, so she stood up awkwardly with a blush, dusting her clothes off. "And it's not very attractive."

She nodded towards him. "And you. You haven't said anything else about abducting me. Not interested? Just as well, I guess. I was stupid to think I'd get out of my math homework that easily."

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 AM

Damen was confused for a minute by the terms he didn't quite understand visually in his mind as he watched as the being got up from the ground. Ignoring her ranting, he gave her another mischievous grin. "Oh, I didn't forget about the abduction discussion..." Cut off from a soft beeping he cursed in Quadisian, the language of his planet. Digging for his pod he pulled the Inter-species clip out and replaced it with the small ear piece. He grinned apologetically at the being and turned towards his shuttle.

"Damen here." He listened to the ranting of his head manager as the stupid droid blamed him for the shuttle landing on this weird planet. "Sorry... Had to take a short-cut because someone forgot to refuel her." He cringed at the rough voice of the Slug as he was dogged out by his actions. "Yah, I can fix it." He looked the ship over. "I can get it to Dunith, at least. Mmm." The Slug hung up on him and he sighed, plugging the language pod back in.

"Sorry...where were we?" He looked at her expectantly.

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 AM

Lissa was about to open her mouth to speak, but the being switched ear pieces suddenly, giving her a quick grin before turning around. He was having a conversation with someone or something on a sort of alien cell phone... That was the only thing she could compare the object to. The language was a bit more complex than hers. At least, words seemed to have several sounds at once instead of just one or two, in places. Kind of like a chorus but speaking; and with only one person's voice. It was a lovely language to say the least, and extremely fascinating. She wanted to ask him if it was his native tongue, but she refused to allow herself to be distracted from the moment at hand.

"We were talking about whether or not you're going to abduct me," Lissa insisted. "Please, I must know. I only went for a walk and I've been gone a while. My mother is going to wonder where I am, and then she will come looking for me." She gestured towards the crashed shuttle rocket thing. "If she sees this, and then you, she might scream. Might call the police. Sirens will sound. It will be a huge mess." She eyed the man, seemingly having an inner struggle within herself. Should she claim she would tell no one and get away scot-free? Or should she demand to go to space with him? She could not decide which sounded more appealing. It might have been more trouble than it was worth.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 AM

Damen turned his head to the side quizzically again. What kind of ideas did this species have about outer space 'aliens'? He figured that the 'police' were patrol soldiers of some sort, at least that fit her panicked look. He sighed and leaned against his shuttle nonchalantly again. "It is up to you what you do. You are of a free mind, right?" Now he was curious how this species worked. Thinking of that, he stood straight. "Oh! Pardon my rudeness, I forgot to ask. What do you go by? I am Damen Caille of the planet Quadisia, Oran galaxy." He could be so easily distracted...

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 AM

Lissa blinked. "My name is Lissa Marinus. Of Earth. Milky Way Galaxy. We're not very good at the whole space travel thing, yet. We've only sent someone to the moon." She pointed up to the white globe in the sky. "And we've sent satellites to the other planets. Have telescopes that can see farther up. So obviously I haven't heard of the Oran Galaxy or your planet." She brushed her hand along the space craft with a sigh. "I don't know what I want to do, really. The government keeps aliens hush-hush around here and makes them sound mean and violent. So existence of your kind would cause a mass panic."

Wow, Lissa really chatted up a storm, didn't she? "I'm sorry," she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. "Am I talking too much?"

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 AM

Damen listen to her rant and was intrigued by the ways of... Earth? Interesting name... He wanted to laugh at the sad technological era of this planet, but thought it would be kind of rude. Though he couldn't understand why this planet's government would keep the outside world "hush-hush" if it could help them advance in many aspects. He finally laughed as she covered her mouth and flushed a bit.

"No, no. I enjoy rambling. You can learn so much from it's content." He nodded his head and patted his shuttle appreciatively. "She's a beauty, eh?" He turned back to her. "It is up to you whether to stay, to go, to.... help." He grinned at her and leaned back against the shuttle craft. "An adventure is only an adventure if you make it one." He winked at the Quadisian saying.

((Alright, deary. I must be 'hitting the hay' soon. You can post, I'll respond when I get back on ^^))

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-24-2010, 07:05 AM

((That's good, actually. XD Maybe I can finally force myself to do homework.))

"To help?" Lissa echoed. Oh! That's right. His ship had crashed. It looked a little... Beaten up now, having slid across a field and through a layer of trees. There were fallen branches everywhere and the craft was covered with a fair dusting of leaves. She didn't really have the foggiest idea how to help him out, on account of his using different fuel and parts and... But what the hell. Maybe talking to him would help her decide whether he was definitely worth ditching her homework and school for.. And be reported missing and cried over, and all that other lovely stuff.

"Well, I would like to help you," she admitted. "But I have no idea where to start. I suppose you could try and tell me what sort of things you need to fix the ship, and I can help you find it. Hopefully."

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Damen laughed at her misunderstanding. Well, it was more his fault for saying he needed help. He looked at the ship. "Nah, I don't need help with fixing the ship. It only needs a few adjustments, and I can fly it back to HQ. But---" He was cut off again by the ringing of his pod and he sighed, placing it back in his ear. He looked at Lissa and winked then turned his attention to the voice coming from the pod.

It was Rover, his fellow smuggler and the idiot who had forgotten to system check the shuttle. "Hey, Rover. Do you realize the trouble you put me through today?" Damen changed his dialect to Trinity, the common tongue of all charted planets. He listened, then tensed at what Rov had said. "Why are they coming here!" He cursed as Rover explained the illegality of landing on an uncharted planet such as Earth. "Shit..." He looked back to Lissa. "What if I accidentally communicated with--" He cringed at the yelling in his ear as Rov cursed him for being so 'stupid'. "What! I didn't know....Yah, I'll handle it." Somehow...hopefully... He changed back to the language translating ear piece.

"Sorry. That was a friend..." Damen stared at Lissa, not sure what to do. He could have easily fixed the ship and left, but now he had the added pressure of the Intergalactic Security Prawns that were waiting for him to leave so that could 'catch you without causing a scene' as Rover had put it. And now he had made contact with a species that was off-chart, which was apparently not good.... How was I supposed to know this...

((Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. Was getting my laptop worked on ^^))

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 AM

(( No problemo! ))

Lissa was even more confused when he switched languages yet again, speaking with another person on his headset. The alien did not look at all happy by what was being said, despite his wink. Either he was popular, working, or he was in serious trouble. She also thought he might be relaying information about her to his higher-ups, but she didn't want to think about. If he was, she might be in trouble, as well. He seemed amiable enough... For an alien. But what did she know about other species? The emotions conveyed to her might be different than reality. Or he might be feigning the friendly disposition to put her at ease. That's why she was seriously contemplating sneaking away while he was talking. But when she started backing up, he hung up on whoever it was and returned his attention to her.

Lissa smiled. If someone else called him, she swore, she was taking off running. Maybe he would stun her with a laser if she tried, like on one of those old Star Trek episodes. "So, then... What would you need me around for?" she asked warily. Her mood was turning towards not being abducted and just going back to her math homework. If she had the luxury of doing so. ...Not that math was a luxury, but it beat being dissected on a table or probed in the... NO! She wouldn't think of that. No. No, no, no, no.

"I really should be going back home," Lissa began, glancing over her shoulder for some means of escape.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 PM

Damen walked slowly forward, almost catlike. He tsked at her playfully, not sure how to handle the situation. He opted for the truth, hoping Lyssa would at least understand, at worst run to her species and scream the existence of aliens and "UFO's".

"You see, little being. I didn't know the rules and regulations of off-chart planets such as your Earth. There seems to be a problem with me 'communiticating' with unidentified species." He scowled at that and looked at the ship. "I don't want to force you to come with me. But I also don't think I can trust you with the truth of otherworldly life." He looked at her intently, hoping she'd get what he was talking about.

((Rawr. Sorry again. I had to take a break and be human yesterday :) I like this one on one more so I will be on tonight, promise.))

ContessaLeandra

Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 AM

(( Seems I had some business of my own this weekend. x.x; My apologies. ))

A shiver rippled down Lissa's spine. She understood very well what the alien was referring to. While he did not want (supposedly) to forcefully remove her from her planet and her home, having communicated with her put him in a bad position. Either he would get in trouble for having spoken with her to begin with, or for her going to tell other humans about her encounter with one of his kind. Lissa began to worry. The alien was essentially saying she no longer had a choice but to come along with him in his spaceship. And be abducted from her home for the rest of time.

"S-Seriously? You can't just like.. Wipe my memory of meeting you? Or if you're worried about me telling, I promise I won't tell a soul. People with think I am crazy, anyway..." Lissa started backing up visibly now. She was going to run soon. Yup. She definitely had to run. She didn't know how much good it would do, but she at least had to try.