YumikoYoshihana
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM

You ever play that game when you and a bunch of friends get together and write a story one line at a time, taking turns with each line? Well i figured doing something like that would be fun here!

Just like that game, we all take turns writing a story, but instead of one line at a time, we do it one post that earns 20 gold at a time. This way, we can have fun, enjoy some shenanigans, and more easily save up gold for that cool item you really want!

Sound good? Good! Now, there are a few ground rules.

-This is not a roleplay, so there is no godmodding. any character is fair game to be killed off. It is also fair game to be ressurected by any rediculous plot device you wish! This is not meant to be a serious story, only means to have fun and earn gold.

-Keep it PG-13 guys.

-If you're not a great writer, don't worry about it! This is supposed to be fun, you're not being graded. Join in!

-You don't have to follow the tone of the post before you. If the person above you is a really grimdark setting, and you want fluffy bunnies and rainbows, go ahead! just make sure you loosely follow the story set before you.

-please please PLEASE use proper spelling and grammar. A few typos is fine, but your txt should be decipherable.

-HAVE FUN! MAKE GOLD! LAUGH! :D

Since this post is almost certain to be worth 20 gold, i simply start you all off with one line

"I'm sorry sir, the princess is in another castle"

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 PM

I think this should go under wordgames. :/

Vompire
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-01-2010, 09:23 PM

And then you won't get gold for it :3

YumikoYoshihana
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 PM

its not a word game though.... its a story.....

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM

No, we have a forum for round robins. Which I'm moving this to.

bethedmundsguthrie
98.5% Awkward, 100% of the time.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoYoshihana View Post
"I'm sorry sir, the princess is in another castle"
Yume's eyes widened. There he stood, black hair all disheveled and sticking up everywhere, out of breath, sweaty, glasses sliding down his nose, holding a giant pencil for no apparent reason- and his princess wasn't even there.
He yelled.
Loudly.
For a good thirty seconds.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S IN ANOTHER CASTLE?! I'VE BATTLED FIRE-BREATHING TARANTULAS, THREE-TENTACLED OCTOPI, AND THIRTY FIVE DWARVES IN TIGHTS FOR THIS AND SHE'S GONE?!"
The other man nodded and Yume slouched.
"Well what am I supposed to do now?!"
"I happen to know," Said the other man suddenly, "That our fair princess is over the river and through the woods- and about an hour away if you take the bus."

((Yeah, I have no idea...))

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 AM

Over the river and through the woods, the Princess is raiding the local shopping malls for great deals and cute guys. Her cell phone rings and she answers it.

"Yo, what's up?" The princess says. The voice on the other end laughs maliciously and informs her that all her credit cards have been canceled. Laughing it off, she hangs up on him. Walking into the first store, she informs the cashier to get her one of everything in her size on the double. Before the girl has a chance to get half the store rung up, the Princess changes her mind and asks for all the things that are in pink.

Forty-five minutes later, all the items have been scanned and the total reads... $12,334.95. Whipping out her gold American Express card, she smiles as the cashier punches in the numbers. In bold red letters on the register pops up the word: DECLINED. The Princess tries another card and another. All stated the same thing. She screams as she runs out the store.

((Seems fun enough.))

bethedmundsguthrie
98.5% Awkward, 100% of the time.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 AM

The bus sucked, Yume had decided. It sucked a lot.
He sat next to an old, hunched over lady with frizzy grey hair and a decidedly "I have too many cats" look about her.
"You're a handsome one, young man." She said in that warbling way that the elderly have.
Yume shifted uncomfortably, afraid to make eye contact out of a fear that she might actually be hitting on him and could possibly take his being polite as something completely different.
"Er- thank you." He muttered, staring at his feet and clutching his giant pencil in the small space to the right of him. It was buckled in so as to keep it from moving.
"In may day, handsome young men like you were hard to come by." Continued the old lady.
"Is that so?" Yume asked politely and with absolutely no interest.
"Mhmm, and I got very lonel--"
The bus jerked to a halt in front of a shopping mall that was roughly the size of the entire state of Rhode Island.
Yume unbuckled and sprung from his seat, tucking his pencil under his arm and making a mad dash for the sidewalk when he was stopped in his tracks by the old lady. She'd somehow managed to make it all the way to the steps at the front of the bus and stood with a benevolent smile on her face, hair sticking up everywhere.
"Weren't you just...?"
"This isn't your stop, dearie!" She chuckled, still smiling.
"No really, it is. I have to find the Princess!"
"No, it's really not your stop!" She insisted- cats appeared everywhere, and she struck a pose reminiscent of some old-school ninja.
"Oh God..."

YumikoYoshihana
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM

'Well, this is it' Yume thought as the what seemed like hundreds of cats leaped at him. He brandished his pencil, hoping to look dangerous and deadly, but really just looking foolish and weak. The cat's ran closer, and Yume started (STARTED?) to lose his nerve and he started backing up rapidly. But the ferocious felines advanced more rapidly than he could retreat, and as the first line prepared themselves for one final leap that would bring them to eye scratch out level, Yume had the fleeting thought that this was the most ridiculous way to die he had ever conceived of.

"I've finally caught up with you Krazy Kat Ladii!!!" Came a victorious call from behind him as a girl riding a giant dog leaped into the feline fray. The dog let out a mighty bark and all the cats screeched and ran frightfully away. Krazy Kat Ladii let out a horrid scream of frustration.

"Curse you Dog Girl! You have frightened all my precious children! It will take me days to gather them up again! How could i have let myself be defeated once again by someone with such an unoriginal nickname!?" With that, the crazy lady ran away, And the girl with the unoriginal name and the giant dog looked triumphant.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go rescue your princess from certain doom!"

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Yume didn't know where to start. Dog Girl suggested he get a better weapon and pointed him towards the sporting goods store. Once inside, Yume stared lovingly at a wooden baseball bat. The sales clerk asked if he planned on buying it or was going to soak the bat with his drool. Dog Girl was busy finding a nice ball for her giant dog to play with when she heard the sound of moths flying out of someone's wallet.

"Sir, if you have no money..." The clerk stated, starting to grab the bat from Yume. "I'm afraid you can't buy this. Now hand it over." Yume did the first thing that came to mind and bashed the clerk over the head with the bat and rushed out the store. Dog Girl stopped to check on the clerk and tossed the money for her dog's new ball on the ground in front of him.

"Geez... I would have thought you would have tried looting some boxes or pots for gold." She said when she caught up to Yume. He swung the bat around, barely missing some passerby's faces. "Did you not at least pick up the utlra rare item that Krazy Kat Ladii dropped as she ran off?"