Old 12-27-2013, 05:58 AM

Nemo, where ya going to school? D:

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 12-27-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
Ah! From the difference in the shading, it looks like marker! Haha. That's very cool!
And yup! The outline!

There's 7 of us sharing a phone plan...so my mom made sure to get the biggest data plan. So we don't worry much until the end of the month. At that point, I just turn my data off unless I really need it. :)

It seems lie your mom is paranoid? That's kind of poopy. My parents gladly accept technology. Haha. I kind of understand the phone weariness...I hate the idea of people locating exactly where I am at any give time. It's just an unsettling thought. I keep my gps settings off. I don't want to be found! Haha.
But a router isn't like that. It just takes your existing internet and just makes it available for all devices. It's nice. So it's too bad your mom is against it. It'd make it easier for you to be apart of the family, though! You could just follow everyone all over the house instead of being stuck at a desktop!!! ;D
We've got the three of us in college, so we don't have a lot of money to throw at data plans, plus I'm on WiFi a lot at school. Brother and I just have 2 gigs each. >.<

She can be... mom gets on my case if I don't use a head set when I talk on my phone. Blah. >.<And I know that, but good luck convincing her of that. *Sighs* D: She still won't get it... -.- I wish I could get online on my laptop, it isn't as loud as my parent's computer- the keyboard at least.

---------- Post added 12-26-2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
Nemo, where ya going to school? D:
I go to a school down in Southern California. Why?

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-27-2013, 05:59 AM

Cause you said one of three. XD I know there's Northridge around here with a big Deaf community.

I'll be going to one once I finish with all these credits and such. ; Studying ASL as well and, I'm curious. XD

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 AM

You've found me! I'm a Deaf Studies major at CSUN - the other two are RIT and Gallaudet.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 06:06 AM

I knew it! *cheers*

If I ever go there, and you're still enrolled, we should totally find each other. >.>

Or, just, arrange for something some time. XD

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 12-27-2013, 06:08 AM

I'll be there for another year and a half! If things to according to plan.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 06:09 AM

Oh! Then it may be possible. <3

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 12-27-2013, 06:10 AM

I'm the one living with a deaf-blind woman. It's definitely an experience, that's for sure!
Everything has it's place - and it has to always go back in that place.

If you do end up going to CSUN, and do want to meet up, definitely let me know! :]

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 06:11 AM

Neller; I get told that a lot actually, and Mkay!

-watches entranced

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-27-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
Hahaha! More for you!! It is lovely! There are plenty of yummy alternates for those of us who can't drink alcohol or (for me) caffeinated drinks.

Oh, no, they're only just a few years younger than me. One is done with college, and the other is in her final year. (one took a bit of time off from school, not sure why).

I can be super mature, I'm the most mature and logical of most those around me. I wish at times that people did think that I was the age that I really am. But I'm used to being younger. I hear all the time that I'll appreciate being younger when I get older, but heh.. yeah, I keep getting older, and I don't seem to get it yet. We'll see.

I'm like almost 5'7" myself, but I totally agree with you there. It's all in that first glance, and they judge, but it's all without really realizing it most of the time.

Haha, yes, yes, I can! Although I can only do that at home - at school I do that and my roommate would think I'm trying to talk to her.
I sign to myself on the tram to campus, or walking around campus if I need to remind myself about something.
It depends though, I have to be careful at school - my school is one of the three main universities with big Deaf communities, so there are a lot of people on campus who know sign. And you never know who you'll run into out in the world who do know sign, so hahaha. it can be a blessing and a curse at times.

It's hard to explain and I don't fully get it enough to be able to explain it. But yeah, they're terrifying... Look at them, they don't move. Look away... they move... o.O Don't blink, blink and you're dead.
While at school, I think I developed an addiction to caffeine, so I get migraines when I don't drink it. D; THE COFFEE WAS SO GOOD...TOO GOOD. But there are lots of alternatives for us! -high five-

They're a year or so older than me! Haha. I'm in my final year, but I have to stay an extra semester. I'm 21, though.

I tend to believe that my views are mature, though I can be immature (in a good way, really) sometimes. I think it's mostly when I try to be out-going. I usually like to keep to myself, so when I'm required to speak to someone or such, I get really awkward and try to hide it by being goofy or something. I've been teaching myself, though, on how to address people without that goofiness and I feel so much better!

But I think people should appreciate all stages of their lives. Their youth, their adolescences and so on. People who say enjoy being young makes me want to say enjoy the wisdom you've gained by being young! Haha.

Sometimes it's only that glance that we get to know a person by. Judging is wrong, but when I think about it at the basics, it seems to be a survival tool, whether a person is safe or dangerous or such. Just like an animal would look at another to see if it's a threat or not. However, people take it beyond that, which is sad. I try to minimize my judgments because those barriers can keep you from some really awesome people. :(

Isn't that the way with most super powers? D; Lol. A blessing but a curse!

That is terrifying! D: I'll have to read about them online. Hopefully that doesn't give me nightmares!

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 06:15 AM

I went to the Mata expo last year and was so intimidated by those deaf-blind peeps. D: I was all, 'wtf, what if I mess up hardcore and they go all, wtf are you signing kid?'

I Will. <3
I need more peeps to sign with out of my little group.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
We've got the three of us in college, so we don't have a lot of money to throw at data plans, plus I'm on WiFi a lot at school. Brother and I just have 2 gigs each. >.<

She can be... mom gets on my case if I don't use a head set when I talk on my phone. Blah. >.<And I know that, but good luck convincing her of that. *Sighs* D: She still won't get it... -.- I wish I could get online on my laptop, it isn't as loud as my parent's computer- the keyboard at least.

---------- Post added 12-26-2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

I go to a school down in Southern California. Why?
My dad is helping me through school. And so is his cousin. We don't have much money either...so it's good I went to a state school. It's so much cheaper than a private one or an art school. They're 10s of thousands of dollars cheaper a year. But it's such a great quality of education. I've learned such valuable knowledge through my professors!

The largest data plan we could get was a 6gb plan! It's 7 of us sharing it. Haha. I understand that! I'm usually on wifi, though. My mom doesn't have wifi...so her and her boyfriend usually suck up the data. :P I've gotten a warning once about the data I was using. Oops!

I wish I could convince your parents of how much better things would be with router in the house! They're data plan would be saved! That's for sure!

And you're in California?! That's so cool! I wish I was near the west coast. I'm in Pennsylvania (sooooooo far away )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFoxKitty View Post
Neller; I get told that a lot actually, and Mkay!

-watches entranced
HEY! Are you going to pay for this show?!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
I went to the Mata expo last year and was so intimidated by those deaf-blind peeps. D: I was all, 'wtf, what if I mess up hardcore and they go all, wtf are you signing kid?'

I Will. <3
I need more peeps to sign with out of my little group.
I almost went to that this year. My roommate isn't to the point of needing tactile signing, but we do have to be close for her to see and finger spelling, signing slower than normal, and sometimes one needs to repeat what they say. And she can't see people, so when she says "Who're you?" it's not being rude, she literally can't see people when they're farther away.

It definitely takes some getting used to.

Quote:
While at school, I think I developed an addiction to caffeine, so I get migraines when I don't drink it. D; THE COFFEE WAS SO GOOD...TOO GOOD. But there are lots of alternatives for us! -high five-

They're a year or so older than me! Haha. I'm in my final year, but I have to stay an extra semester. I'm 21, though.

I tend to believe that my views are mature, though I can be immature (in a good way, really) sometimes. I think it's mostly when I try to be out-going. I usually like to keep to myself, so when I'm required to speak to someone or such, I get really awkward and try to hide it by being goofy or something. I've been teaching myself, though, on how to address people without that goofiness and I feel so much better!

But I think people should appreciate all stages of their lives. Their youth, their adolescences and so on. People who say enjoy being young makes me want to say enjoy the wisdom you've gained by being young! Haha.

Sometimes it's only that glance that we get to know a person by. Judging is wrong, but when I think about it at the basics, it seems to be a survival tool, whether a person is safe or dangerous or such. Just like an animal would look at another to see if it's a threat or not. However, people take it beyond that, which is sad. I try to minimize my judgments because those barriers can keep you from some really awesome people. :(

Isn't that the way with most super powers? D; Lol. A blessing but a curse!

That is terrifying! D: I'll have to read about them online. Hopefully that doesn't give me nightmares!
Basically think of those headaches, but from only having a tiny bit of caffeine. >.< That's what my headaches are like.

I'm 25, with no degree yet. *sighs* Endless never ending student here. D:

It depends for me who I'm around. But one of my friends calls me 'Spock' because I'm always uber logical.
I'm always the quiet one, till one gets to know me. Then good luck getting me to be quiet.
True!

Yeah, judging is wrong, but it's just how we operate as people, it seems. I try to do that as well, but it's harder at times than others, for sure!!

Hahaha! Totally! Just as long as you know how to deal with it, and not let it overwhelm you, that's when you're good.

Hopefully you'll be fine. Try to stay away from videos... I'd say watch the episode 'Blink' that's the least scary of all the Angel episodes imo, I love it, yet I hate it at the same time. It's a good one though. xD LOL

---------- Post added 12-26-2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
My dad is helping me through school. And so is his cousin. We don't have much money either...so it's good I went to a state school. It's so much cheaper than a private one or an art school. They're 10s of thousands of dollars cheaper a year. But it's such a great quality of education. I've learned such valuable knowledge through my professors!

The largest data plan we could get was a 6gb plan! It's 7 of us sharing it. Haha. I understand that! I'm usually on wifi, though. My mom doesn't have wifi...so her and her boyfriend usually suck up the data. :P I've gotten a warning once about the data I was using. Oops!

I wish I could convince your parents of how much better things would be with router in the house! They're data plan would be saved! That's for sure!

And you're in California?! That's so cool! I wish I was near the west coast. I'm in Pennsylvania (sooooooo far away )!
I'm at a state school too. Yeah, my brother's at a private flight school... freaking expensive in comparison.

I've not gotten any warnings for data, yet, thankfully.. I'm pretty careful with it, for the most part.

Yeah, well -- at least I'm not home for long, but I am worried about this summer -- 2 1/2 months with no wifi and only my small data plan. O.o

Yep, I'm in California - born and raised in NorCal and down in SoCal for school. Awww, you are too far away! One of my good friends lives in New Hampshire, and I wish that we were closer. O.o D:

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 AM

-pulls out wad of dollar bills-
Of course sweety

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Basically think of those headaches, but from only having a tiny bit of caffeine. >.< That's what my headaches are like.

I'm 25, with no degree yet. *sighs* Endless never ending student here. D:

It depends for me who I'm around. But one of my friends calls me 'Spock' because I'm always uber logical.
I'm always the quiet one, till one gets to know me. Then good luck getting me to be quiet.
True!

Yeah, judging is wrong, but it's just how we operate as people, it seems. I try to do that as well, but it's harder at times than others, for sure!!

Hahaha! Totally! Just as long as you know how to deal with it, and not let it overwhelm you, that's when you're good.

Hopefully you'll be fine. Try to stay away from videos... I'd say watch the episode 'Blink' that's the least scary of all the Angel episodes imo, I love it, yet I hate it at the same time. It's a good one though. xD LOL

---------- Post added 12-26-2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

I'm at a state school too. Yeah, my brother's at a private flight school... freaking expensive in comparison.

I've not gotten any warnings for data, yet, thankfully.. I'm pretty careful with it, for the most part.

Yeah, well -- at least I'm not home for long, but I am worried about this summer -- 2 1/2 months with no wifi and only my small data plan. O.o

Yep, I'm in California - born and raised in NorCal and down in SoCal for school. Awww, you are too far away! One of my good friends lives in New Hampshire, and I wish that we were closer. O.o D:
Headaches caused by anything just aren't fun. x.x I get tension headaches that stem from the base of my head at my neck. I hurt my neck years ago...to the point that I couldn't move my head or I'd be in agony. It took the entire day so I could move my head without agony. Haha. That was awful. But since then, I get cramps in my neck and they give me the worse headaches!

I'm afraid having to stay an extra semester will spin me out of control. :( I wanted to graduate on time, but it was just more cost efficient to graduate on time (though I could've walked with my friends)!

I can't stop blabbing around my closest friends! Haha. Though they can't stop blabbing either. But if I'm around anyone else, I do most of the listening. I have a hard time talking from time to time (like completing thoughts and pronouncing words correctly and choosing the right phrases). So, unless I know the person will get what I'm trying to say, I just won't say anything.

Perhaps I'll give it a viewing. Haha. I've only ever seen 2 episodes of Dr.Who (one with Van Gogh and another was relatively strange). So it'll be a treat, I suppose! A horrifying treat! :P

I could only consider state schools and community colleges when I was looking at where to go. But I had my heart set on a state school anyways. And I got in! It's the best art program in all of PA! That's probably not say much (thought there are good art schools in/near Phily!) but I'm still proud where I'm at!

I suppose I'm not very careful with my data plan...but that's because I'm on wifi most of the time, so when I do use data, it won't be my fault if we go over because I'm not the one sucking it up. Lol. There's been times we were close to going over...down to the last megabits, but I don't think we've gone past our limit.

I go back to school in mid-ish January. If I'm thinking of the calender right, my first day of classes for the spring semester are either Jan. 20th or 21st. Haha. But I go back sometime in there. I should really figure out when.

I live in central PA but I got to school almost directly east from here. There's no straight route, or else it'd be like an hour away. Instead we have to travel an hour south and then an hour east to get to my school. So it's a two hour drive eastward. Haha.

Awwwww man...I got a bloody nose. :(

---------- Post added 12-27-2013 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFoxKitty View Post
-pulls out wad of dollar bills-
Of course sweety
Aaaaaaaaalright! ;D

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-27-2013, 10:09 AM

good morning! there is lots of conversation going on here!

edit: maybe i missed it.....

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-27-2013 at 10:13 AM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:09 PM

I went too bed early :(

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 PM

I woke up too early XP

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:15 PM

I feel the same lolol

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:20 PM

I was up at 3 am. What time did you sleep?

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:21 PM

No clue. Probably 12ish

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 03:23 PM

That would seem late to some... not me though

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward