Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 12-27-2008, 07:13 PM

-banner coming-

Hello everyone, and welcome to The Official 2008 Menewsha Yearbook!

In 2008, Menewsha has come a long way from the site that we knew it to be one year ago. And in a year, we've gone through many changes that will hopefully continue to make the site a better place for all of us. From implimenting a new forum software, to a change of site owners, and all the small details in between, the staff have done so much for us this year, and I think its time for us all to give back a year's worth of memories and share our hopes for the future of our little site!

Here's what you should do!

Every user should post at least one time in here, stating some of their favorite memories of the past year. Tell us what you liked, didn't like, etc. And after you share your memories, tell us what you hope to see next year on Menewsha!

leasfy
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to leasfy

Old 12-27-2008, 07:34 PM

First post ever >:]
Things I like :
  • massive change and improvisation in site and its' feature
  • massive updates in common shop
  • more specific and defined rule added
  • the colored name & title for staff makes it easier for us notice who's the staff
  • limitation in earning gold each day from games

Things I don't like:
  • when a new signature feature firstly introduced[the one that help users to avoid oversize image in signature], it'll be much nicer if those who get fringe points due to oversize image can be erased :l

will fix the rest later :ninja:

Last edited by leasfy; 12-27-2008 at 07:43 PM..

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Ok here goes:
I was glade to find this place when Gaia became dull and boring, plus meeting new friends and get cool stuff as well.

Seiki Nova

Old 12-27-2008, 08:03 PM

Yay, people are signing : )

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 12-27-2008, 08:05 PM

I love the site, and absolutely adored the Valentine's Day Items!

But I was sad to see The Mayor and Vicktoria break up...
They were such a good couple!

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 PM

The people. The community of Mene is so awesome, very giving, and trusting. I loved the Giving Tree Event... had a lot of fun with that one.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Great idea Seiki~!
I liked meeting new people... And some of my new experiences of the year, which included having a yager meister, playing beer pong, jumping from a trampoline to the pool, and going to a all-costume halloween party for the first time... And the fact that I moved so now I live closer to San Fran and closer to meh friends. XD

Bad things.... Hmmm, I guess the fact that I'm still unemployed... And our economy is in the crapper. Lol.

Next yr on Mene I hope to see new faces and awesome new games!

Seiki Nova

Old 12-27-2008, 10:41 PM

I have to say that this year, my life on Menewsha has been an absolute roller coaster with ups and downs, rights and wrongs, and personal obstacles that I haven't quite overcome yet. I think that Menewsha has grown immensely in a very short period of time, and I'm glad to have had the experiences I've had and met the people I met on here.

I think that once Ken took over last year in October (?) he did what he could to keep us going strong, and to help improve the site the best he could. But his resources for us were severely lacking so I'm glad he chose to pull out of the site. Insomniac has done a great job for us and only continues to improve upon the building blocks that Lee and Ken left for us after fixing a lot of Josh's crap.

Hopefully the next year will be better than this one, and thus follow are less bumpy path. Insomniac has been the driving force for the community lately bringing with him new updates and features that give us all new hopes for the site. I think he'll do well next year hopefully finishing up with all of the holes in the system and finally being able to bring us bigger and better features.

I'd also hope to think that we'll get back our favorite things that we've been missing for a truly long time now, such as fishing, defender, chance, the memberlist, etc. Those are all things that users want, amongst other features and I know that we'll be in safe hands with Insomniac and the rest of the staff in the new year <3

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Yes, I hope the staff keeps going with mene... And comes up with even cooler ideas. ^^

Rose Marie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Im happy that Mene still exists and that the Staff is so warm and willing to interact with the users.
I know its simple but its how I feel.

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 PM

/rolls in

Hey! :heart::drool:

What i liked? The site improvements...the new owner (Woo for aussie accents /hides this from her boyfriend >> << >> ) being closer to finishing my quest than i ever thought...meeting so many awesome people!

Love you all its been fun! :heart:

/scuttles off :drool:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 12-27-2008, 11:27 PM

The year has seen so many improvements for Mene. I've loved watching it grow into what it is now, and look forward to seeing it continue its journey.

For myself, it's been a good year on Mene. I've made some actual, real friends on it (not something that's common for me, online or off) which has made me overall happier. It's continued to be my favorite avatar site. While I've strayed away for a week or two at a time when distracted by other sites, I always end up ditching them to get Mene back. It's my home.
I'm beginning to be somewhat recognized by people, which is nice. Not because I crave popularity or anything (I don't, and I don't have it), but because I'm pretty shy so I have problems talking to people I don't know who don't know me when in a thread that I'm not comfortable in.
It's nice to have a place where I'm comfortable. I never had that on Gaia, and it took me a bit to get it here, but now I've got it, and it's nice.

I know, this post is only about me and has no meaning to other people. But other people have already mentioned all the great general site-related things that have happened, and I don't want to sound like a part of the broken record by repeating them.

Looking forward to the next year~

Seiki Nova

Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 AM

More people should sign!

[.Wingless.Butterfly.]
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to [.Wingless.Butterfly.] Send a message via MSN to [.Wingless.Butterfly.] Send a message via Yahoo to [.Wingless.Butterfly.]

Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 AM

I don't know where to start. Menewsha... it has always been there, which probably sounds really cheesy, but I'm being honest. Some of the people here have always been so nice and caring, even if we've never met or had a full-blown conversation! It made me feel a lot more welcomed then most of Gaia. So... yeah.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm tearing up. You can just tell its been a long day. Thanks, Menewsha. ♥

clock
tick tock

Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 AM

Ah, this is fun. :3 It's been kinda strange for me the last few months because there are periods of time where I'm on a lot and other times where I'm just lurking around.

What I like:

-The avatar chat community <3 It's so wonderful! haha.
-I'm sooo glad that we got a new owner for this site. He's already done so many wonderful changes and I'm excited to see what he'll do in the future.
-A lot of the new commons are really neat, as well as new hair
-The new games, although I do miss fishing

What I don't like:

-How a lot of the items lately are really bulky and all this multi-equip stuff that seems to be taking over
-A lot of people that I used to talk to regularly don't really come on much or I don't see them ;/

cinnamoroll913
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 AM

Well... I am new to Menewsha, but so far I like:
Winter event <333

And things that I dislike:
nothing so far... <333

Cinnamon :heart:

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Things I liked:
  • The shop updates :P
  • All the sweet events!
  • The layering changes :3
  • The amazing community
Things I disliked:
  • The deletion of the old games
  • The siggy character limit (It makes it really hard to put stuff in your siggy! I should be a size limit, not a character limit. I mean, this is my biggest siggy ever, and it was easier to put in than my other, normally miniscule ones).
My favourite memory? Hmm...XD;; I'm not sure!

Let's look forward to another great year, Mene! :heart:

Last edited by Bishielurfer; 12-30-2008 at 12:00 AM..

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 PM

::signs name::

Hmm... The things I liked about this year on menewsha is TWO great owners came who helped to further this site. I also like all the new layers and accessories we have gotten for our avatars. Most of all I like the userbase itself. Some people/sites may call Menewsha all "strict" but to me, it isn't like that at all. I do not know many sites that the users and staff are so close. I like the actual community feel to the site.

Things I do not like are probably some of the....disputes that took place earlier this year and I miss those who left because of it. That was not a very pleasant time in menewsha history. I also do not like some of the things that took place prior to the signature issue being resolved. But that is all in the past. AND I WANT FISHING BACK! xD It was amusing. :lol: I miss the bunnyfish and cute octopusses. xD

Most amusing memory? xD Jelly forgetting I won Admin's Pick and made me for the third time before I was supposed to be allowed. xD Then reformed the time period to 3 months. :lol:

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 12-28-2008, 08:44 PM

My most memorable Mene Memories are....

. The 99,999.99 gold hack
. Meeting a bunch of freinds in the Menewsha Nation especially in :
`Playtime
` Jedi vs Sith
. And all the great events, storylines, and NPCs.

Through good times and bad, Mene's given me some of the most fun I've ever had.

c ':
:' )

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM

I wish I could say that I was around enough to know what was going on most of the time, but my favorite memory of Menewsha was the Celes Paradi event. I was really active for that event, I met a bunch of new people and just had a lot of fun joining in the threads and whatnot. C:
Halloween was cool too, hanging out in the Assassin game thread - totally awesome.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM

This has certainly been a year of growth and learning for Menewsha for both the staff and the users.

I am forever thankful that Jo$h sold us to Lee and gave us Ken. While things were far from perfect, they did everything they could in order to get us out of the crappy code and in to a new system. Certain events during the summer have left an impression, both good and bad, but overall they helped us grow. I got to meet jelly in Florida this year, as well as Pax and Ken and Lee. That was fun although I don't foresee myself going to Florida in the summer ever again.

It's been very interesting and fun with Inso now at the helm, and I'll admit I had doubts as to what he would bring but I'm glad to be given the opportunity to get to know him and know that my doubts and fears were wrong. There are going to be lots of fun things in the future and I'm glad I'm still here to share the experience with you all. I've tried to quit lots of times but I'm glad I stuck around.

As a user and member of the community, I've been burned and hurt badly by someone this year. Even that experience I wouldn't trade, as it has made me a little bit wiser. I've made several good friends here and I think that if I were to leave this site completely that I would be missing something in my life overall. It would be the people. I don't think I could live without them.

And I still :heart: Seiki so it's all good :)

Son Zack
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Boy, and what a year it has been!

I love the introduction of actual games (That double or nothing would have been the death of me ;___;) and how the forums and site itself are more active. I love the tight, artistic community and warm, thoughtful staff. Plus, the avatars and items are really pretty and fun to play with.

I hope to see my friends continue to hang around, I hope to see the site more streamlined and populated. Such lovely improvements have been made already.

Congratulations Menewsha, 08 was great!

Let's make 09 JUST AS FINE~

Whooo! Forgive the cheesyness, I just get essited >_>

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 AM

What a neat idea! :heart:

I shall now make a sorry attempt to put my thoughts in order.

I joined Menewsha back in March. I'd actually joined with another account the previous year, but wasn't smart enough to stick around. I'm glad I stuck around the second time though.

I joined before Menewsha had all these base, eye, and hair options, so it was neat to see that change. The addition of games was also nice. I do miss some of the old games, though. With the gold cap, I do hope they come back, as they won't be as easily abused anymore. I've grown to love the pixels here, and my inventory has slowly grown. I've watched other make some really mind-boggling outfits. I found out that guys like dressing up dolls too, and they're better at it than I am >w> (Yes, Darrell, this one's directed at you X'D )

I even became a Trial Mod at the end of the year. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my purple name, and not just because it's purple!
And I most certainly hope that Menewsha stays as community oriented as it is, so that I can enjoy time with my friends :heart:

Yuki no Enzeru
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2008, 06:13 AM

I like the fact that everyone is friendly and that so far, I haven't met any unpleasant people (Like on Gaia D<)

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 12-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Oohh! I love this idea, Seiki! =D <3 I'm glad to be a part of this then, and that I didn't miss out. 8DD;; <3

Hmm... since I joined last October, I definitely have felt the love and the charity that all the Menewshans here possess. :> Sure, it was confusing to get around at first, but I'm really glad that I had a lot of helping hands in guiding me through the forum's new rules and regulations. :3 It's been one fun ride, and I enjoyed coming online everyday to chat with the friendly members and staff. :>

And, in the two months that I've been around, I can safely say that I've accomplished waayy more than I ever expected I would do. I've made a ton of new friends who I can rely on for a chat or anything. I've completed my quest for the Pudao of Time. I've sold some art. I've finished even more smaller quests. I've joined in contests, both user-made and official ones.

It's a lot, actually, compared to what I had expected initially. :3 And I'm thankful for every step of the way. =D <3

I'm very glad to have tried this site out. =D I'm also glad I was around to see some changes occurring in the site, and I'm even more glad that I get to be a part of said changes in my own little way. :>

So, here's to a hopeful future for Menewsha. <3 Cause, if you ask me, I think we're slowly getting there as we speak. :>