Yazoo
::...Rest In Peace Ronnie James ...

Old 05-23-2010, 01:11 PM

"Whatever." Behar rolls his eyes, sitting back. "If you know it so well, then why don't you answer the phone, hm?" he comments lightly, looking at the ceiling.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM

“if he would hire me for dat I would, but he won’t I’m too young.” He looked around for something to have this popup to do so he would not get fired. “ya know ya could throw darts at da dart board.” Squirt walked around the desk and opened one of the side drawers to show a large stack of darts. Then he pointed to a heavily used dart board near the door.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 08:41 PM

"Unlikely." Behar blanks lightly, flicking to an empty page of his notebook and taking out a damaged pen which seems ready to fall apart any moment, though it still has ink. He draws several lines on a page, the lines surprisingly straight without him using a ruler.

Besides, knowing his luck, someone will walk in just as he throws one of the darts and then he'll either have hospital bills or funeral costs to pay... Not what he's waiting for.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM

“ya know ya could look through da papers he left ya. It might be a good Idea!” squirt went back to reading his comic book. This was going to be a long day hopefully no one would come in today, because this was not the day for a proper greeting.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM

"I'd rather play darts." Behar blanks lightly, placing dots here and there on the lines; musical notes, for when he's home again, back with his guitar. Speaking of which, maybe he should just bring it tomorrow if he's not fired on the spot yet then... At least it would give him something to do at least.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM

Rolling his eyes Squirt started to say something but stopped as a man stepped into the office. “Is this the office of Caspian Valentine?” he looked around nervously. He was wearing a three piece suit with had staining at the cuffs. His hair was greased to the side and blacker then it should have been. His blond roots could be seen through the thinning hair. He was wringing his hat in his hand, not noticing the damage he was doing to its brim.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 09:07 PM

"Yea, sup?" Behar mutters, not even looking up from his notebook as he answers, drawing some more lines. He can already imagine how the notes will sound, now all that is left for him to do is to actually play them out to make sure he got it right... He already knows he'll need to change three of them.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM

“I need your help.” The man’s voice wobbled; behind him Squirt was shaking his head and covering his face. this is not going so well, I think I should tell Caspian that he need to teach this boy before letting him free on customers. “You see, I got involved with some guy’s and well now what I was caring for them is gone. I need you to find it.” The Hat made a loud protest as he tightened his hand on the brim. It was now wrinkled beyond repair. Behind him after putting his face in his palms a few times, Squirt took notes.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM

"Maybe you shouldn't have gotten involved with them, hm? Wha'cha lose, old man?" Behar sighs, finally glancing at the man as he props his elbow on the table, his chin on the palm of his hand as his nearly white eyes shift to the man in a bored manner. Honestly, he liked this job better when no one wanted him to do anything.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM

“Well….” The guy seemed a bit put off by the way Behar acted towards him, but when on. “It was a package see…..” he looked around nervously again. “Well I was not to know what was in it just drop it off where they asked. And it’s not like I could help getting involved with them.” Squirt knew what had happened to this poor sod or at least what most likely happened to him. “I had the package, it was on my desk but then when I went to take it to the drop point.” He waved his hands to say it had disappeared.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM

"Maybe you shouldn't have left it unattended then." Behar mutters blankly. "Anyone else was around in the building or anyone else knew of the thing? And does you saying you weren't [u]supposed to know what was in it, mean that you looked inside and know what was in it?" He continues, raising an eyebrow as he takes another sip of his energy drink.[/I]

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM

“No I don’t know what was in it!” the man protested weakly. “And I never left it unattended; it was there in front of me and the next moment when I looked up again It was gone.” His hat brim was now crunched beyond any hope of repair. It would never be a respectable hat again. “Will you take the case mister Valentine? Please say you will.” Behind the man Squirt was mouthing ‘I will think about it’ trying to get Behar to take the hint not to fully take it but not to tell the man no.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM

"Sure, got nothing better to do." Behar replies instead, shrugging lightly. "Well, or so I'd say. How much you paying?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at the other. "If it's under 5k I'm not moving from this seat, you know?" Whether or not he saw Squirt mouth the words shall forever be a mystery...

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 09:56 PM

The guy was stunned. “I don’t have that kind of…… if I had that kind of money I would not be in this mess to begin with!” the man pushed his hat onto his head and stormed out. A thin gold band with a black stone flashed on his finger as he went. After the door shut Squirt stormed over to the door and flipped a sign on the outside. Turning around he fumed.
“ARE YOU NUT’S!!!! THAT IS WAY MORE THEN CASPIAN WOULD EVER ASK!! THERE ARE SET RATES IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO LOOK AT THE PAPERS HE GAVE YOU!!!” for a little guy Squirt could make his voice quite loud when he wanted to, and at this moment most of the street below was getting the same earful that Behar was. “IF YOUR GOING TO BE IN THIS BUSINESS YOU NEED TO THINK! YOU JUST COST US A COUSTOMER!!!!” his steam seemed to be wearing thin as he took a breath.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Behar picks at his ear lightly. "Not that kind of money my ass." he snorts, not replying to the midget "The ring he was wearing was worth at least 4 times that amount..." he snorts softly again, turning his eyes back to the papers. "If he can flaunt jewelry like that so easily, he has plenty more cash in case some grabby little thief steals something like that from him." He takes another sip of his energy drink before going back to drawing dots.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 PM

“GERRRRRRRR I give up on you, I will let you deal with Caspian when he come in tonight.” Turning he opened the door then turned back to look at Behar. “And you know what. YOU WERE A MISTAKE TO HIRE!” he slammed the door shut behind him, the glass in it rattled but did not break. His footsteps could be heard going down the hall then another door slammed.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 10:13 PM

Behar shrugs lightly as he watches the kid storm off before getting up to stretch his legs. "Haa... This place is way too boring..." he scoffs, looking around at the walls. Hell, his own room has walls filled from top to bottom with posters of bands and the likes, compared to those these are just... way too empty. He wonders how anyone can stay in here for too long. He finishes up his energy drink before grabbing a cigarette. Just because he can't smoke in the office, doesn't mean he can't go outside for 5 minutes and have some nicotine.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 PM

As the day wore on when he went on his cigarette brakes outside he would see Squirt running errands, carrying packages and slips of paper. As the sun set Squirt walked into the room carrying a bag of hot Chinese food. “Did not know what you liked so I got a bunch of everything. If you don’t eat it I know some people who will. And no you don’t have to pay me, this is part of my job.” Setting the bag on the desk he looked around. “I see you did not read the papers or anything.”

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 PM

"I didn't, but I did already eat." Behar shrugs from where he's sitting in the chair; leaning back with his feet on the table, still scribbling on his notebook with a lollipop in his mouth, the plastic end of it sticking out from the corner of his mouth. "'sides, I wasn't gonna pay you anyway."

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 PM

“Well fine by me.” Squirt pulled out a box of food and chopsticks. “He should be here soon.” He walked over to his stool and sat down to enjoy his dinner. The minuets seemed to be hours as they ticked by. Squirt wounded what was going to happen when Caspian found out he had closed the shop. The sound of a cane clicking on the tile floor outside the door brought Squirt to attention. No one should be coming this late at night. He had made sure that the calls had been routed to his little room and not here to the office all day. So who was this coming up the hall? The door slowly swung open to reveal an old man hunched over a cane he looked around the room slowly then approached the desk.
“Caspian Valentine?” his voice wobbled as he sat in the chair opposite the one Behar was in.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 PM

"Yea, sup?" Behar says casually, not adjusting his position or taking the lollipop out his mouth as he continues to add dots to the paper, already having filled 4 pages ever since getting here.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 11:04 PM

“Ah need ya to find my daughter. She went a missing da other day and da po’lice won’t go looking.” The voice cracked and wobbled. Tilting his head to the side Squirt tried to think of why he knew that voice. The old man slid a picture of a beautiful woman a crossed the desk to where Behar was. “I don’t have much but if ya could just take a look see. I would be much obliged.” Squirts eyes widened but before he could mouth anything the old man turned to him. “ah ya look like a nice ‘ungen would ya mind doing something for me?” Squirt walked over. If this man was the man he thought he was then Behar was in for it big time.
“what can I do for you sir?” squirt said slowly and clearly.
“Ah need this run down ta the post, ya see ah forgot ta send it off.” He handed Squirt a letter and patted him on the head.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM

"Hehh... Pretty little thing she is. Take on after the momma?" Because he can't really see the resemblance between the girl and the old man. "Where you seen her last? Boyfriend? She still a virgin?"

Lunna Dea

Old 05-23-2010, 11:21 PM

Squirt snorted as he walked out of the room. Running down the hall he noticed the name on the letter. “that cheap son of a….” stopping dead in his tracks Squirt opend the letter. Skimming through it he growled. “I knew it, I knew it!” he looked up as he heard sounds of more footsteps.
Back in the room the old man seemed to blush at the question about her virginity. “how can ya tell in dis day and age. She takes after he mum yah.” The man pulled a file out from his jacket. “dats all I have been able ta find on where she might ‘ave gone. Last ah hear’d from her was dat she found a job here in da big city.” He sounded sad and tired.

Yazoo

Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 PM

"Still, she got a boyfriend?" Behar asks as he raises an eyebrow, still not looking all too interested as he just places the file down, not really glancing at it yet.