Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM

after spending some time on the roof soaking in the sun cris decided to go and see if his hostess was awake. climbing back in the window after turning back he found her still in her room. well if she is going to sleep in I might as well pay her back. opening the cupboards and fridge he found what he was looking for and started to make breakfast.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 AM

( you would find lots of raw ingredients, like flours, sugars, eggs, fruits, oats, granola, veggies. & of course cheese and bread)
Cory awoke to the sounds of clattering in the kitchen. She tried to re-cap all the information, this day could go either really well or really badly. She made sure she was outfitted in a prepared manner. Thick sturdy lace up boots covering all the way up, fitted pants that had an asymmetrical skirt that drifted down from her waist, and a long buckled black coat with a large hood. It was her favorite coat lined with the wool from a kid angora goat. It was amazingly soft and had kept her warm even when they used to have the heaviest rains. The whole effect was very sleek and flowey, as a shadow drifts along. She grabs a sturdy bad and make sure to pack a few of her needed possessions, her sketch pad and pencils, a water bottle with a built in filter, and some of her laptop accessories. She also checked to make sure the pack still had the first aid kit at the bottom. "All that's left is food" She confirmed to herself as she went through her mental checklist, Making sure to grab the final item. A short but sturdy serrated hunting knife, she never actually hunted but found it useful for hundreds of tasks in the woods and farm and perhaps today for protection. She made sure it was secure in it's garter holster, on the open side of the skirt. Easily concealable but ready at hand.

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 06-09-2010 at 07:45 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 AM

flipping the pancake he looked up to see her come out. "ah good morning, I hope I did not wake you to early." he flipped it onto a place with some cut fruit and cheese. "thought I would say thank you by making you breakfast, was going to do eggs but did not know how you liked them." he poured the batter in the pan for the next one. then he held the plate out to her. "hope you enjoy."

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM

*le gasp I made an edit!...it's not that important*
Cory's mood lighted greatly as she was greeted with pancakes and fruit. She reached into her refrigerator and pulled out some cooled whipped cream. She sat down and layered some on her pancakes as if putting on a layer of frosting and then put the sliced bits of fruit on in artistic manner. After she decided she was pleased with the arrangement she devoured her hard work.
"So how do we get you back to your place from here"

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 AM

"there is the public transportation or taxi." he flipped the last pancake onto his plate and walked over to where she was sitting. "I can pay for both but I would like it if some one not allergic to gold came along, just in case they are stacking out my place." he took a bite and sighed. "you have some good ingredients here, where did you get your eggs?"

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 AM

"From Kara, she's kinda like my teacher in a lot of ways. She's very special. You may get to meet her if your vehicle really is big enough for two goats and five hens" She smiled broadly at the thought of Kara, it hadn't even been a month since she last saw her friend but she missed her already. It was Kara that had taught Cory everything she knew about the land and animals, how to "live with the earth and not on it" That's what she had really tried to learn from her.
"We can take the monorail, I'm not fond of crowds, but I know the system well enough, Besides" she says as she gathers her laptop and headphones as well as some of the remains of cheese and fruit and situates her bag "I've got entertainment"

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 AM

" you are one interesting woman, and yes it is big enough to take two goats and five hen's as long as those hen's are in cages for the ride." he finished up his breakfast and looked around. he spotted his feathers and picked them up. "got a bag I can carry these in? I would like to get them back to my place without damaging them."

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Cory simple shrugged her shoulders at the compliment and then rummaged through her closet and found a large canvas bag with a silk lining. She figured to would be smooth enough to keep the feathers ruffled. She handed it to him and situated her bag on her back. "Anything else we need?"

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 AM

"nope unless you have a bullet proof vest in my size I think we area as ready as we will ever be." laying his feather in the bag gently he closed it up. he had been worried that he would be unable to get them to his place undamaged that he had been ready to ask her to keep them save till he got back to her for them. but now he would not have to risk some one else taking his feathers from her and using them on him. he looked around one last time to make sure he had not forgotten any thing. "looks like we are ready to go."

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Cory made sure her windows were locked to the fire escape. Then as they went into the hall of her building she pulled out an enormous key ring. She had a one or two normal keys, but many of them were massive and detailed. Like old Victorian keys, she drew a silver one with some celtic knots on it and used it to lock her door. There were no windows in the hall and the dim bulbs flickered dimly barely illuminating the dusty corridor. It looked as if the top floor was fairly vacant and ignored as they made the way to the stairs. They were far to narrow and twisted in a tight spiral. "Watch your step"she warned as she started down them "the cast iron hardly makes for a comfortable slip" As the step onto the landing there is a bit of an overlook over some wider more elegant stairs with slight for adorned but still inadequate building lighting. It seems she has the attic for the apt which explains how she commandeered the roof. The stairs are white marble and the walls have a heavy trim along the stair well with lonesome and repetitive doors on each landing. You start to feel a bit dizzy by the time you are finally reach the lobby and are almost blinded by the sun from the stark contrast from the deary building.
"so what area of town do you live on?"

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 AM

"Old downtown, I own a building there." old downtown was well known for its old run down Victorian apartment buildings. a few of them were still apartment but a few had been converted into condo in the late 60's. there had been some talk of pulling down all the brownstones there and building a new condo building there, but for some reason they had decided not to in the end. cris looked over the detailing of the building. "you know this is quite a gem of a place you found here."

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM

"Well it was a like a servants or something quarters when I first got it. No one had been up there in years and was totally infested by rats so most people were already terrified to live up here. But at the time I was 16 kinda on my own at the time, I hadn't met Kara yet and Beatrice the land owner lady then would hire me on occasion to clean. She told me if I could stand it up there and clean it out I could have it. It's taken me five years to get it where you see it now. Sadly Beatrice died last year so I haven't worked since then, but it doesn't seem like anyone remembers that I'm up there, I'm pretty sure they still think it's a rats home." Cory explained as she she dodged in and around the flowing crowds of people, headed south to the closets station Old town was only about a fifteen min ride from her stop, she was glad it wasn't going to be a huge trip.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 10:26 AM

"sounds like you had some help with people not remembering your up there. what you do to drive the rats out?" as they reached the station he swiped his card for two tickets. handing her one he moved onto the platform. "who owns the place now?"

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM

"Maybe, I'm pretty quite too, plus no one really has a reason to go up there so I suppose many just don't even think about it. Her husband is still alive but he had Alzheimer when I first moved in, he wouldn't remember me if I was his daughter let alone a cleaning girl. It's shame though the building itself has fallen in to quite a bit of disrepair, they have a son that is about my age and I thought he would take over the building, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it" She said with a little underlying disappointment. When the monorail arrived she stepped on and headed for the very back corner of the car where she could easily isolate herself from the crowds and watch the city fly by under the elevated monorail tracks.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 AM

"so the rats?" he seemed quite interested in how she got raid of the rats. sitting down next to her he looked around, trying to see if there were any faces that he had seen before. there was a chance that some one was fallowing him and had some how found him.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM

The searching expression on his face concerned her a bit but she did her best to hid it by smirking and simply replying "I just asked them nicely"

Lunna Dea

Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM

he turned to her slightly startled then smiled. "you must have had a nest of Nezumi living in there. they can be really helpful if you know how to deal with them." seeing that she did not completely know what a Nezumi was cris sighed. "Nezumi are what you might call a wererats. they are fast breeding and love to know everything, but unlike Tengu like me, they keep it secret to all but themselves." he sound a bit annoyed at that fact.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Cory smirked "Well while it's wonderful to know there are many varieties of you creatures, I'm pretty sure there were pretty sure they weren't anything special. For one they were a normal size and were easily bribed with cheese" The sparkle in her eyes as she laughs is the first clue you get that she's hiding something, and is far more interesting then first assumed."So," She said quickly changing the subject" How many different kind of were-bests are you? " While she asked she continued to watch his eyes scanning the area and settled her hand on the handle of the knife making sure it was still concealed under her skirt.

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 06-09-2010 at 09:53 PM..

Lunna Dea

Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 AM

"I am only a Tengu, I can not be any other werebeast." he answered truthfully. it may not have been what she meant but if she was going to lie to him then he could keep the full truth from her. anyways she did not need to know about the courts and the others. the less she knew the better for her, he had let his nature get away from him.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-10-2010, 05:28 AM

"well I understand that, but how many kinds of creatures can shift like that?" Her curiosity was evident and she was just going to be direct until she got what she wanted "Like wolfs, those are the famous ones, but you and then you say rats. What about Squirrels?" She added with a relaxed but warm giggle. At this moment a women boards with a very large dog that is obviously more powerful then her. It pulls her onto the tram and yanks her about as she struggles with the leash and exasperatedly mutters unheeded commands. Cory's face brightens as she makes indirect I contact with the large mutt. She pats her lap excitedly and motions for the dog, which instantly is upon her jumping excited and slobbering. "AWWW, Who's so excited? Are you out for a walk? Whatcha doin? Aren't you a big boy? Aww settle and I'll pet you" she baby talks to him and ruffles his fur as he sits and beings to calmly accept the attention "Are you a good boy? Good boy's get TREATS!" She said excitedly as she dug one of the slices of cheese out of her bag and presented in front of the pooches expectant face. It's eyebrows crinkled and it's eyes grew wide pitiful. "Now doesn't this look good? You can have this only if your a good boy, nice and settled can you be a good boy for me?" She asked the dog sweetly, in response he rolled over on what floor there was and displayed his rather large tummy. With a few pats on the stomach to accept the agreement she gave him his treat in which he happily enjoyed situated between cory and where his owner had sat down close by. The women didn't say anything to cory directly but her weary and yet relived expression was thanks enough.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 AM

watching her tame the dog without much of anything cris knew that what he had felt when she frist talked to him had been real. she was an animal charmer, untrained most likely but still a charmer. "how about we talk about it once we get back to my place?"

Bound Birdie

Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 AM

Cory beamed a smile of understanding and appreciation. But then her faced switched to concern "Why don't we figure out what's at your house first?" she said gently petting the dogs head as it slept soundly.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 AM

"that would be wise but we cant tell that tell we get there." as the tram came into the station he stood. " now its just a short walk from here."

Bound Birdie

Old 06-10-2010, 06:56 AM

"Bye puppy" She said softly as she nuzzled the now sprawled mutt. Made sure she had everything and exited quickly eager to get this done and over with. "Where do we go from here?"

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 06-10-2010 at 07:00 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 AM

"this way." he led her up a set of stairs onto the street. " now if I am going to be telling you about the rest of us you have to promise me that you will never speak of this to any one else." they walked down the street for a little ways.