Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
William Shakespeare
Dreams, we all thrive on dreams, each of us having a different one then the other. Humanity need to have something to strive for and to drive us on to a new purpose. But what would happen if our dreams were not truly our own. What would we do if our ability to be lost in our dreams became what we strived for each day? To make oneself fall asleep just to see what we love most. And then what would happen when the object of your dream finely came to you in real life?

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 07-06-2010 at 02:30 AM..

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM

Morpheus Nicchi, what an odd name..Ancient Greek and Italian, like if Rome and Greece had made a baby boy, which throughout history could have been sort of odd. Whatever the case, he got some odd looks when he said his name. He went by 'Lucid' online, so that was often what his friends online called him..

Usual geeky male, no real friends offline..Then he lost his friends online and drifted into a deep state of loneliness. He slept to calm himself, and every night he dreamed lucidly, meaning he could control his dream as if he were awake. He was good at it.

He often had odd dreams..Watercolored fish jumping through a sea of creamy clouds that felt like one massive bed, at least that's how they felt when you stepped on them. Flowers that flew up like hellicopters and apples in odd colors that would regenerate themselves when you took a bite..His dreams sounded like something a five year old would draw in crayon.

But quite honestly just his own world in his head bored him one day, and he found a door in the side fo his mind's sky..It opened into a giant hallway of these doors. He opened each one and they all were minds of different people within a mile radius of where he slept..Soon he explored every one of these minds he could, meeting the people inside and speaking with them, knowing that they probably weren't going to remember him when they woke. Eventually, to him, the real world was all just a bad dream and the dream was his real world. He went to bed sooner and sooner, sometimes only waking up to have one meal then fell right back asleep, on weekends..

One night in particular was interesting though..He visited a new door and decided he might keep returning..

Morpheus stood at 6'2'' and had shoulder-length straight hair in a soft but bright purple, and seemed to have eyebrows to match, as if this was his natural color. He had seafoam green eyes and lightly tanned skin, although his skin in the real world had long become pale.
He wore a simple purple long sleeved shirt, very soft and comforting, it had a large v-neck which showed a good bit of his shoulders, and all of his neck obviously.He also wore cotton pajama pants, plaid in the same seafoam as his eyes with black accents, looking a bit like mint chocolate icecream. He was barefoot, and wore a simple, elongated and rounded diamond shaped pendant around his neck on a thin chain, it looked more like an oval with pointed ends, really.

He walked through this new mind, looking for it's owner..He was obviously asleep due to the fact that Morpheus could enter this man's subconcious at all, so why was he having problems finding him?

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...

Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 AM

Raising up his sword, Sam blocked the sword strike of the woman who he had battled each night for the last six nights. He knew why he was having this dream, she had been on his mind for too long and now his mind wanted him to deal with her. She had been is first love and now she was getting married, he could not understand why she was so cold to him now. He had worked hard and now had the job he had wanted, the money was coming in and he had just bought the house of their dreams. So why had she turned him down and gone off with the jerk from the food stand down the street from her house?
When they had last talked she had said that when he admitted his secret she would think about coming back to him. But what did she know about Sam that he himself did not.
Her sword bite down into his pushing him to his knees. It was just like the last few times he had dreamed this dream. It was a garden, a very beautiful one set in the medieval style of maze with roses entwined with it. no matter which way he wanted to go he always found himself in the center with full body armor on and his sword out as she came charging towards him.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 AM

Morpheus wandered through the maze until he found the clearing, watching the battle closely and floating in palce with his legs crossed. "Looks like a nightmare, unless I was mistaken the gender of the person this subconcious belongs to.." He mumbled to himself, making one of those regenerating apples appear in his hand, in deep cherry red. "If he dies in this fight he'll wake up and so will I.." He thought, before stepping off of the cloud. "Looks like I have no choice but to end this reccuring dream.." He said, throwing the apple up and down as the bite mark grew back before chucking it at the woman's head, missing, but the apple came back like a boomerang and hit on it's way back, hard enough to knock her out. "Sorry for interrupting this lovely battle, but I did not want you to be killed." He said, cleaning off the apple when it landed back in his hand and taking another bite of it.

(WE INTERRUPT THIS RECCURING DREAM TO BRING YOU: PURPLE HAIR!)

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 AM

Pulling up his viser Sam looked over at Morpheus and slowly smiled. “thanks sir, it is not always she who wins the fight. Some days it is I that wins, on others it is she. And what might I do for you on this fine day?” frowning Sam shock his head. “that is not correct yet …”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 06:02 PM

"Well to me it didn't look like the night that you win, sorry." Morpheus said, beginning to float again. "Ah..I was just trying to find the owner of this gorgeous maze. Your mind has good taste..I'm Morpheus..You can call me Morph if you'd like." He said, floating over to Sam and landing, with a soft smile on his face.

His bare toes rather cutely fiddled with the grass between them, enjoying the light cool wetness of the blades. "..Do you know her?"

(Like I said in the pms, Morphe is a bit awkward. c: He's just a bit shy, that's all.Shy psychic-geek.)

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM

“She would have tried to keep pushing me down but I know that I would have gotten her sword off mind in time to strike into her armor putting her out of business.” Sam said a he looked Morpheus over. His two toned eyes twinkled with enjoyment. “I have never had someone come into my dreams that I don’t know, and that is the only way I would ever have been fighting her is if this is a dream.” He looked around and sighed. “I had never noticed how beautiful it really was, I have always just gone from the edge to here in matter of seconds. Maybe I should look around here more often.”
Turning back as Morpheus landed and started playing with the grass in his toes Sam’s smile became border. “Yes I know her, she is my ex-girlfriend. We had a falling out that I really don’t understand and she is now to merry the fruit seller by her house.” He sounded a bit pissed about that.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 PM

"Who knows, I might just be abother part of your dream.." He sounded a bit sad as he stared down at his feet, but smiled softly as he looked up through his oddly colored bangs. "You should, lucidity is a very enjoyable thing, you can do whatever you'd like, go wherever you'd like..It's much better than the real world, in my opinion. That might be because I lost everything, though, so I may be biased.. I'm not good with relationships, so..I don't know what to say about your situation." He chuckled. "Your eyes are very interesting, are they like that when you're awake, too?"

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM

“If you’re just another part of my dream then I do not know where you came from. I have never seen anyone like you before in my life.” Gently pushing up Morpheus’ chin Sam looked into his eyes. “I think I would remember where my mind got such beautiful purple hair, and are your eyes teal?” Sam looked closer at Morpheus’ eyes. “And you saying that lucidity is better in dreams only proves that you are not part of my mind. I have never been able to control my dreams. They always play out as they see fit and I usually don’t have that much say in what happens. Sometimes my actions control what happens but that is not true Lucidity.” Taking off his helmet all the way Sam laughed lightly. “Yes my eyes are always like this. I was born with them; mom never could punish me fully when I looked at her. They unnerve most people. You might say I used them to my advantage to get what I wanted in life.”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Morpheus's cheeks went deep red almost instantly. "Y-yes, my eyes are..Seafoam green to be exact..Your eyes aren't unnerving to me..Okay maybe a bit, but not overly unnerving to the point that I can't look at you.." He said, seeming to be taking in every little bit of Sam's face. "I usually don't blow my cover so soon. I guess the pajamas are kind of a dead giveaway.." He seemed a bit embarrassed about that, fiddling with the pendant around his neck, almost like it calmed him when he stroked it. "I don't think I caught your name.."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 PM

“Yours are a very nice color, I like them.” Sam smiled and gently brushed at Morpheus’ blush. “I would not say it was the pajamas that gave you away, but you your self did. as I said before, I do not recall ever seeing hair and eyes like yours. I would have remembered if I had. I really like them, are they naturally like this in real life or just for dreams?” looking around Sam found a bench tucked away in a nook nearby. “No you did not catch my name, I never gave it. It’s Sam, Samuel Teatime.” The name Samuel Teatime was becoming one that everyone knew. He had just opened up his own restaurant after working at the most popular clubs for the last three years. There was a waiting list just to go to his place for the next few weeks. He hoped that it would keep up, if it did he would be able to open up a new one in a few years.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 PM

"They are natural..I never have known why.Or why I can do this.This obviously isn't my mind..Whenever I go to sleep I dream lucidly, and I've found this door in my mind, that leads me out to a hall..Your mind is one of those doors..Oh wow, I knew I recognised you from somewhere. You own that new restauraunt don't you? I've heard of it but I've never thought to check it out..I'm a bit awkward in big crowds, I don't get out of my apartment a lot.." He said the last bit a bit softly, as if he was very embarrassed to admit it. "It's nice to meet you..I'm Morpheus, as I said before..Morpheus Nicchi.Yes, Greek first name Italian last name, somehow Greece and Rome decided to stop fighting and have me." He chuckled.

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 PM

“Well I really like your hair and Eyes. They are just so different and to have them naturally, that is just a given bonus.” Reaching behind him Sam pulled out a hair tie and his hair fell down passed his shoulders. It was longer in the dream then in real life. “Maybe some time you should come and eat at my Chiefs table. Then all you will have to deal with is me and my chiefs in the kitchen. I have a spot set aside for a table in the kitchen so that I can have my family come in and eat any time they want.” Sam laughed at Morpheus’ comment about Greece and Rome. “Well at least you have a name that no one will mispronounce. My last name on the other hand is spelled like tea time.”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 PM

"My mom didn't think so..even when I was little she dyed my hair to match hers, not to keep attention off of me but for her own sake.I visisted her mind sometimes as a kid and she yelled at me in the morning about it.." Morpheus seemed very sad at the mention of his mother. "I never knew my dad, but apparently he could do what I do..It's nice you ahve a nice relationship with your family. Cherish that, some people, like me, are like a freakshow to their family." He said, before looking back up, blushing a bit more when he saw how long Sam's hair was. Such pretty long hair.. "I'd like that..I'll consider it sometime, just don't bug me about it a lot whenever I 'come over'..It is nice to have an easily pronouncable name..Back when I had friends the called me 'Morphine' because of how calming they thought I was to be around. Then they all moved away for various reasons or we had a falling out..I don't get called Morphine anymore to say the very least."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 PM

“dad died not to long ago, it was expected that he would, cancer. But mom and I are very close, we have been ever since I came home crying about how the kids at school treated me. I don’t know why I was not a freak show to them but I was their boy. Its because mom and I were so close that I become a chief. She taught me how to cook and all that.” Running his fingers through his hair Sam smiled. “I will put your name on the list. Which means that unless my family is in town you can stop by any time and be seated at the table. Why would I bug you each time your over here? It is up to you if you really want to trust my cooking and see how it is done.”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 AM

"Ah-- I'm sorry to hear that.I'm glad you knew your father though. I don't even know his name, my last name is my mother's maiden name. My mother kept my first name though.. He left the night I was born.I never knew why, she said he just left the room as soon as he saw my hair and eyes, and never came back..She's..Never really been nice to me, since she told me all that.The night after she said all that was the night I started being able to do this, and the night before the first time she dyed and cut my hair.." He made himself comfortable in the grass, looking up at Sam. "Ah-- I'm sorry for assuming you would, I just..I tend to procrastinate on things sometimes, people tell me again and again to do it and I neevr end up doing it because I'm under such pressure. It's..Weird."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-07-2010, 01:27 AM

“So you know nothing about your father other then you look kind of like him?” Sam sighed and patted the bench next to him. “You don’t have to sit in the grass I know it is a bit wet.” Carefully scooting over to the side so that he did not fall of the bench in full armor he stared off into the sky. “you know she could have been dyeing your hair to keep you from reminding her of your father. And no I would never demand that you get down to my restaurant, I know that some people can’t drop the money that it cost for one of my meal’s at the drop of a hat. Even if sitting at my table means you get a discount on the food and you can order any thing I know how to make,” he smiled and looked down at Morpheus. “Even if it is just a grilled cheese sandwich and fries.”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM

"I like the grass, It's not like I'm actually getting wet, I'll dry as soon as I stand.." Morpheus said, fiddling with the grass in his fingers. "I know nothing of him, other than what my mother has told me..And..No, it's not because I remind her of my father..I scare her. She thinks with my powers I could drive her insane by going into her head..I can't do that. I can manipulate bits of your dream, but only bits. Nothing that would drive one to insanity..SHe wanted a normal son and I couldn't give her that. I gave her a weak shy son with weird hair that could go into her dreams at night, thus read what was on her mind..I was glad to turn eighteen to say the least.."

"I'd love to come over, really. Anything to keep me from being so alone. It's like my life is the bad dream and in here is real..The only good times I have are in here. I've contemplated sometimes working from home, so I would never have to leave, order the things I need online..Just..Dissapearing off the face of the earth entirely..Do you like being a chef? I've heard from a friend of mine a long time ago that she loved cooking, but would never become a chef because it would make her passion into a stressful job, thus..Not so fun anymore."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 AM

“Sorry your mother did not like you. I would love to make your life better but then… you never would have come looking for someone to talk to tonight if your life was different would you?” Sam teetered on the edge of the bench then righted himself. “The only reason I was dreaming the dream you interrupted is because she is getting married in the next few months and well… I do miss her and the time we had. She said she might be interested in me when we broke up if I would just admit my secret, which I don’t know what she is talking about.” Slowly he pulled off his gauntlets. “I thought the same thing about cooking but I found that the people that I meet who love my cooking makes me want to make more food that they will like.’

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 AM

"I've gotten through it..We don't talk at all now, I don't at all with anyone really, but at least I have this, people like you.."

Morpheus listened closely then nodded a bit. "I'm sorry to hear about that..Maybe if you explore your mind a bit tonight or tomorrow night, you'll find some kind of hint to what she might have meant..Whenever you're troubled, a lucid dream might help you find something in your mind that'll help, part of your mind might have figured it out but may not be telling you. Little thing in the back of your head that says you know about something but you just can't remember, tip of your tongue type thing, you know?It's good you've found somehting you love, I was just surprised that if cooking is your ultimate passion that you'd do that..Your life though, not mine. I'm a weird, awkward shut in, who'd listen to advice from me other than 'don't be like me'."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 AM

“how many people like you talking to them in their dreams.” Sam set the gantlets down on the bench then slowly took off his arm bracers. “I really don’t think I would be able to look around in my mind unless you were leading me. This is the first time…” his voice trailed off as a new dream started. It was a dimly lit room with bunch of couples close together slowly dancing to the sweet music that was playing.
Sam was dressed in a tight vest and simple slacks, at his neck was a bunch of lace and in his right ear was a blood red gannet tear drop earring. Sam’s arm was gently wrapped around Morpheus and his other hand held his out in the air. Sam slowly led him through the steps of the dance. “This is what happens when one dream ends, I start a new one.” he looked around as he pulled Morpheus close to him without thinking. “But this one is not one I have had before, or it is one that I have not remembered.”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 AM

Morpheus blushed as the setting changed, and he changed his clothing to match, now dressed in similar clothing.His vest was deep purple and his shirt was lavender, his pants matched the vest and were pinstriped with the color of his eyes and he still wore that pendant, so lovingly placed around his neck almost like a security blanket for a small child. "T-this might be the hint I was talking about.." He said, dancing along with Sam as best as he could.

Lunna Dea

Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 AM

“So you think that I am gay?” Sam said softly, not really wanting to think of it. Looking around he saw that all the other couples were boy girl. “I don’t think so, I think you just ended up my partner because my mind is trying to fit you into this dream.” He licked his lip as he looked down at Morpheus. “How tall are you really?”

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 AM

"Six foot two..And if not gay, maybe bisexual?" Morphe said, loking around the room for a moment until he realized he was losing sync with Sam a bit. "Ah--I'm sorry, I got a bit distracted.." he blushed and followed Sam again, seeming a bit awkward trying to move like that in such fancy clothing. "This is so weird..I've never danced before, not..Ballroom at least.Something I've learned from one of my dreams: my hair and eyes glow under blacklight..Tested it in real life and it actually works.. my hair looks kind of like something made of fiberoptics." He blushed a bit more. "Either you are really tall in real life or in the dream world, or I'm very short in my dreams and I've never noticed.."

Lunna Dea

Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 AM

“ah your taller than me, in real life.” Sam smiled at the thought of being shorter than his romantic interest. That thought brought him to a halt in the middle of the dance floor. “ummm with what I just thought of… yes I may be Bi. And I think I am taller here because I am the one who’s mind you are in. so it by the rules of my mind you have to abide.”