PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 PM

A warm smile dawned upon the fae's face. It spilled over into his eyes, making the amber orbs fill with the happy emotion. "Good. I'm glad you are so determined to stay by my side, it will take that determination for this to work." Ignatius wanted this to work, almost desperately so. He was tired of having people thrown at him for political reasons. With Cyris it was entirely different. The centaur hadn't even known he was a royal until the dark haired fae had brought it up.

As they glided across the dance floor the young man listened to her words with half an ear. His thoughts were upon the testing to come. "Soon I will introduce you to some people." Perhaps the merrow now standing alone? Rachel would probably respect him as a warrior like herself.

((It's so short maiden, I'm sorry!))

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 AM

She knodded and looked over his shoulder slightly bored. It seemed now that he had her promise as a possible ally, he was already looking for another person to bounce on. Feeling slightly ignored and manipulated, she compressed her lips and focused on being the best dance partner he ever had. She liked to make moments memorable. Since there wasn't, at this point, going to be a fight then she would settle on this. Though fighting seemed more to her liking with her present frame of mind.

((forgive her, she has a quick temper))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 AM

Cyris shook his head. "Trust me Ignatius. No one is going to ruin this." With a quick step, Cyris took the lead of the dance, and dipped the Fae prince low. "I'm almost ready to dare someone to say something, just so I can prove to everyone that I'm not leaving." He swiftly kissed the male as he brought him back to a standing position. "But I doubt that would be a wise thing to do to a faerie hu?" he laughed sheepishly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Surprise flitted across Ignatius' features at the sudden turn of events. The expression was replaced with a grin as they continued dancing under the gazes of other fae nobility and guests of the courts. "No not entirely wise. Amusing maybe, under the right circumstances."

Uriel's lips twitched up into a smile at the way his dance partner was acting. "Forgive me for being so preoccupied, but this is a fae masquerade and it brings up many things for me as an ambassador to fulfill." His attention now entirely on Rachel, he twirled and danced gracefully with his partner across the dance floor while sill paying heed to one particular couple.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 PM

She raised an eye at Uriel. Of course he had many responsibilities. He was an ambassador and that did make her feel momentarily embarrassed. That was the point though. She was one of his "responsibilities" too. Perhaps getting him to talk might help. Watching him and trying to understand his side, she asked, "Who are you looking? Are they of particular interest?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM

The white haired man turned his eyes away from the prince and his companion with a small smile. This at least he could answer without having to lie. It reminded Uriel of yet another reason why he was invaluable to the Unseelie court. Lies could pass his lips, while if a fae tried such a feat they would choke upon the untruthful words. "The prince seems to be enjoying himself. I was thinking that perhaps the queen would be pleased, or not, depending on his companion."Shrugging, Uriel returned his attention completely to his dance partner with an apologetic look. Everything seemed to be distracting him during this masquerade.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-06-2012, 02:11 AM

Rachel's warrior instincts raised. What was wrong with this guy. He was a bit edgy and it felt like she was looking not into a human face, but at a mask. It wasn't something she particularly enjoyed since dancing with an unstable element could lead to awkward, if not volatile, situations. She wondered if maybe he was just stressed from all the people and having so much to bear. Well if anything, there was something she could do to help. When a warrior needed to destress, there were only two options. Fighting or space. So she picked the better of the two. "A little fresh air might be good for a few minutes. It will help clear up both our minds. Would you take me out to the balcony?" Being civil like this without the aggressive attitude was a bit draining on her. Keeping her face pleasant instead of in the scowl she had arrived with was also a bit grating. Others could be so sensitive.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 05-06-2012, 02:48 AM

The music slowed to a stop as a well-dressed unseelie man came to stand at the top of the staircase, his gossamer wings fluttering slightly as he looked over the crowd. After a moment, he lightly cleared his throat and gave a charming smile clearly meant to comfort and sway the guests. "Lords and Ladies, If I may I have your attention, please." He said, his musical voice enhanced by a simple spell that made sure he could be heard by all. "Our most gracious hosts of the autumn court invite you now to indulge your senses with wonder and awe. We present to you a gathering of the most talented among our races who will provide you with tonight's entertainment." He said, giving a sweeping gesture as he smiled again.

"Behind the door to my right, you shall find our offering of spectacular shows, fearless feats and miraculous magic. " He said as the area on the wall directly next to the stairs wavered and warped until a pair of elegant oaken doors formed, framed by gold inlay and lush red drapes. The wall to the left of the stairs then began to warp. "Behind the door to my left you shall find our offering of clever and mysterious games in which you can show your own talents." The wall gave way to another pair of elegant doors, this time framed with silver and blue.

"The court invites you to engage all of our wonderful performers, and sincerely hopes you enjoy the rest of the evening." He said with another brilliant smile as he held out both hands with a dramatic flourish, making the doors swung themselves open. He then gave a deep bow, then turned on his heel and walked back out of the ball room, the darkness of the corridor making him seem to disappear.

((I'm going to ask that nobody posts until Papillon and I have gotten the explanation/description of the rooms up. Thanks!))

Last edited by KageShio; 05-07-2012 at 02:21 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 AM

The guests were ushered towards a room to the right of the main staircase once they’d made their choice by a tiny woman. With a laugh and a grin, the purple haired fae who guided the way vaulted forward to roll to the ground and jump up high into the air. Running lightly on her bare feet, she gestured gracefully to the double doors and motioned for the guests to follow her. As she moved her large shimmering wings fluttered with excitement.

Each of her movements was emphasized by the gauzy fabrics the acrobat wore as she moved into the converted dining room. Draperies, twinkling lights like stars and warm candlelight suffused the room. A moonlike light hung high above, shining its silver rays upon the stage at the very center of the large room. Upon it now stood the short haired acrobat who had shown the guests the way.

“Welcome all of you to the Cirque de Mystère! Here wonders abound to delight and make you gasp in awe. Whether you belong to one of the magical races or not, here you shall be amazed.” With that said the lithe young woman flipped back and disappeared in mid-air as if she had been swallowed by shadows.

Where she had once stood appeared a strange being with feathered wings of a golden hue and intelligent orange eyes. Birdlike in appearance, and yet very much like one of the fae as well with a feathered mane, this beautiful being began singing. His voice rang clearly trough the hall as the lights began to dance along with his song. Even the stars which could be seen outside trough the floor to ceiling windows seemed to want to join in the revelry.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 AM

As for the guests who choose the door to the left, the same fae that had made the announcements seemed to appear out of thin air next to the entryway, his once-black outfit now a deep blue and purple embellished with silver. A charming but somewhat unsettling smile graced his lips as he welcomed those who entered with a short rhyme. "Riddle and rhyme, tests of mind, tests of time. What makes sense in the night's prime is nothing at all when you hear the clock chime."

The room was much more subdued than the other, the only light coming from the flickering blue will-o-wisps that floated above head-height and the candles that illuminated the various tables and small tents that lined either side of the room. Thick, dark drapes hung in lines from the ceiling, the gems studding their lengths reflecting the light of the ethereal lanterns through the room, sending shimmering spots to dance across everything like fallen stars. Sweet, earthy incense filled the air, adding to the feel of mystery.

The fortune tellers, psychics, game masters and riddlers proudly stood before their stations, beckoning the nearest guests into their lairs with challenges, boasts and claims as well as promises of insight and rewards. The handsome unseelie walked tall down the center, leading the crowd to the back of the room, where more velvet drapes fell from ceiling to floor as curtains. Clearing his throat to gain attention again, he looked over the guests with another smile before speaking.

"Behind me sleeps the Wise One, the master of intellect who shall test those who prove themselves worthy. If you can answer the Wise One's riddle, it will bestow great gifts." He said, gesturing to the curtains with a flourish. "So, before you venture off to indulge in the entertainment around you, remember these words: To seek the truth you must know lies, and to quest the answer you must first learn the question." after a pause, he gave a bow and a wide swing of his arm that told them they were free to explore. He then returned to his post beside the oaken doors, ready to inform those who enter of the riddle of the Wise One.

((There will be a list of the various games and such in the OOC shortly! Once I get that up you are all free to post. ))

maidenroseheart

Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Rachel looked appreciatively at the fae who had so easily changed attire. He headed to the left where chances to show off awaited. She grinned and a wicked glint came to her eye. She turned to Uriel and raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm all for taking the left door. Were you wanting to come or do you have other business to attend to?"

Across the room near the balcony, a solitary figure stood against a wall watching. The female warrior hadn't caused the trouble he had expected. Her scowl replaced by a smile also helped ease tension in the air. He felt a sense of relief that she, being of the human race, had not given their already soiled reputation more tainting. He straightened and headed across the room. The choices were both entertaining. However there was time to go to the one on the right. He wanted to try the one of the left first. Mitch headed up to the large oak doors and peered inside. Yep, he wanted to go in. He turned to the fae standing there and grinned, "I seem to be the first who wishes to enter."

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 AM

Jo watched the announcement with curiosity, what kinds of games would the fae offer? She pondered entering as she tore the page out of the notebook and tucked it away, eyes wandering to the gold and red doors. Miraculous magic? Would it be parlor tricks or actual magic? She sat almost frozen with indecision, eyes flicking from the game room to the show room and back, a look of mild worry on her face.

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM

An athletic-looking fae waved the people closer to his tent, grinning and hollering to be heard above the other fae also vying for attention. "Come on, test your luck here! Dart a card, see what prizes it hides! But beware darting the knave, he'll steal any prizes you racked up!" He pointed to a random patron, "You look like you have luck enough to get something good!"

---

Across the room, another such fae, this time female, was shouting for her own game. "Test your precision here! Too much or not enough pressure, and the little ball falls. Just right, though, and you get something interesting! I have pressure and energy staves, so anyone can try!

((sorry, it's a bit hard to think of something really catchy for them so far. I'll probably get better at it after a couple posts...))