Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2007, 09:02 AM

A grateful smile was sent his way as she replied. "Don't worry. It's been quite a few years. He died in a fire with my parents when raiders attacked. I was actually at my first year of school." She made no comment about his honor. She understood honor, even if at times, it seemed a frivolous thing. Her father had been honorable, and all he'd gotten in the end was a blade to the chest.

"Well, then I suppose we should find a place to eat." She said, glancing around the market. "If I remember correctly from my last trip here, there should be a place..." Then she pointed out a small alley. "There...Doctor Zim Yum's wife makes an amazing noodle soup. And it's reasonable priced"

hexeos
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to hexeos Send a message via Yahoo to hexeos

Old 08-19-2007, 12:52 AM

At the mention of noodles, Drache made a small face. Yes he knew it was the common fare here, but he would almost kill for a good steak, or at least some good old bread and cheese. But this was Chiazu, so he didn't have much of a choice, unless...

"You, uh...wouldn't happen to know of anyplace that serves western food, would you? Noodles can get a bit tiring after a while, when you're not a native."

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 PM

Her face crinkled up in a bright grin. "I know you westerners have a preference for meat and other highly processed foods, but it's not readily available except for nobility and high ranking clerics usually. So you would have to be willing to part with more coin..." Her grin one of devilish pleasure, she hoped he said yes, then maybe she could get some of the western treats she was fond of herself.

"But I do know a place."

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 AM

"I think I need to spoil myself for today. No offense to your Chiazan food, but it gets tiring after a while. I even had meat when I was visiting here when I was younger..."

Whoops, considering what she'd just said, he'd basically just admitted he'd associated with the nobility or priesthood here when he was younger. Without even realizing it. Then again, Drache was a fairly straightforward person so things like that wasn't something he usually thought about. Truth, honor, and all that were what he usually focused on, not politics and talking around things to be hidden.

hopefully she wouldn't figure things out too fast, though. After all, an Eirosan noble in the middle of Chiazu, a knight no less, wouldn't be looked well upon.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 AM

Oh, she caught it alright. But it was only hinted at by the quick quirk of her eyebrow before she suddenly became a lot politer. "Well, if you buy the meat, I'll cook it for you. One thing I am is an excellent cook. My...", a pause, of either pain or memory, it was hard to tell. "...mother taught me well."

She smiled, and motioned for him to follow her, not leading him by the hand as she had before, heading back into the market, without really waiting for him to respond. He'd either follow or he wouldn't. The cloak's hood was down still, and it wouldn't be that hard to follow the bright reddish orange curls even as short as she was.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM

It had been a long and cumbersome journey, but they had made their travails to the various temples, in each, fighting to see the High preist/priestess of each in the manner of the temple's choosing. But so it was that Hoshimi, Lao and Ratbag found their way now to the Temple of the Phoenix. The last stop on their quest, weary, ragged and tired, yet still determined.

"Sometimes, I think perhaps our country stands too much on ceremony, Lao.", the two having become familiar with each other when forced to having shared sleeping quarters due to the harsh weather, the common goal and tempered agreements from the Temples. Now they had only to address Lao's father.

"Perhaps that's why we're not further along like Erios or Duvah." Practically treasonous, but not without an ounce of truth. They looked now upon the temple. They would have known they were coming for miles and so would be prepared. Hoshimi turned and looked over at Lao. "But thank you for coming with me." , and she leaned up, and kissed his cheek affectionately. He'd proven he wasn't a complete idiot like she'd first thought him, and he did warm her heart to know he would be with her.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Lao Fei was silent as they approached Xingfeng. Of course, they had gotten no help from any of the temples regarding their various matters, but they had gotten their blessings. It was foolish of him to think that anyone would spare a man or woman to accompany them.

Then again, too large of a party and they'd be spotted a mile away by whoever wanted this war to happen. Not like that would stop them, but it would make things more... difficult.

"Of course, Hoshimi," he said with a smile as he recieved the kiss on his cheek.

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 09-29-2007, 07:06 PM

Drache didn't really know what to say, there. After all, he'd never really known his parents, having been raised by his grandfather, so he couldn't even begin to imagine what the pain of those memories would be like.

Instead, he simply followed her, waiting for her to say something again. He hoped she did. this awkward silence was bugging him, even if he wasn't that great at small talk either.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-29-2007, 07:10 PM

After they got through the thick of the crowd, and headed to a more expensive part of the market, then Kalin would turn to him. "So you're obviously not from around here, despite your excellent accent. But you don't seem like you're a spy for the Eirosans... and judging by your..." She quirked an eyebrow at him, and very distinctly looked him over. "...sword, you're not a scholar."

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 PM

"I'm just a...traveller, that's all. Here to participate in the tournament."

Yeah, smooth. That'll allay her suspisions. Give a vague response like you're hiding something. God, Drache suckes at this. But that's beside the point. The point is that Drache was avoiding the question, even if in an inept manner. How Kalin would react to that was up to her.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Kalin licked her lips. Her curiosity was now officially peaked. "Oh really..." She held her hand behind her back and began backwalking to walk around him. "If that was the case, you must be someone pretty high up, since we haven't let anyone in but those with special clearance from the Emperor or.."She grinned and looked up at him, her pearly white teeth biting her tongue as she gave him another option.

"Or those who got in illegally" Although, how would she know that special clearance was strange too.

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 01-13-2008, 12:30 AM

He would pause in his movements, and look down at her, his gaze piercing. He wouldn't say anything to begin with, but then he'd just shrug. He couldn't reveal anything until he had won, and seen the Emperor. After all, he wasn't even supposed to be here, and if the Emperor knew what his father had done already...

"I have my ways."

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-13-2008, 07:11 AM

"uh huh..." Was the basic gist of what Kalin said, but she shrugged. If he was paying for food, then by all means.

"I'm hungry..." And she pointed in the general direction they should go.