PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 AM

The tall man walked trough the forest with ease, though there was a hurry in his steps. After his self-imposed exile from the safety of his cavernous home, Arkerril had gone off in search of new experiences. The white haired man shook his head slightly and tried to cover his eyes from the sunlight, if only a little. It was still hard to get used to it's bright light, when he was used to the gentle glow of the moon.

Soon his golden eyes fell upon an inn of sorts, making a sigh of relief escape from his lips. Now perhaps he could finally track down that elf. Exiled as he had been for destroying an elven life, he had deserved a far worse punishment. Against the people of his court, Arkerril had left those he'd once guarded to avenge his charge. They had been friends, of sorts.

With a low snarl of self-disdain, the black skinned elf pushed open the door and strode briskly towards the bar with every intention of finding himself a room. That was when he noticed him, the killer! Without thought he reached out to grab the other man's long pale hair and tugged it harshly. "Naerlodir Achasthui!" The name slipped from his lips in a low, dangerous, tone filled with menace and anger.

It was so easy to ignore everyone else, when the one he'd sought was so near. Quite literally, the former prince was in the guard's grasp.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 AM

Naer had glanced up at Gisa when she came back down and tugged his hair to get his attention. He watched her for a moment then slipped his key into would could be a pocket on his very loose clothing. He had relaxed a bit, begun to lift his glass to his lips. That glass was dropped as his hair was tugged harshly and his name was spoken with such venom. The glass shattered and water splashed over the floor. Naerlodir had grunted lightly. His head tilted from that sharp tug and his body tensed, but Naer made no move to pull from the dark elf's grasp. There were no emotions on his face, his eyes were empty and he wondered only briefly if Arkerril would kill him. Did it even matter? No, Naer didn't want to die just yet, but pain would be welcome. He deserved the punishment, he even deserved death. He was just to much of a coward to actually face death. "Have you come for vengeance?" He spoke the question casually, as if it didn't matter to him. It did matter though. Naer wanted to live, but for what reason he could not say.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 03:17 AM

"so you know each other...." She remarked loudly to get the new elf's attention as she put her book away in the bag at her side. Gisa always carried the sentimental book on her person. She stood and leaned back against the bar with her arms crossed over her chest. She was watching the two, unsure if she should come to the other man's aid. She knew he seemed to be punishing himself enough but not for what crime... so for now she would listen.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 AM

He spit on the creature before him with obvious malice. Arkerril's golden eyes flew to everyone else in the tavern as if daring them to interfere. He held out his free hand to drop coins onto the counter, and snatched up the key given to him by the startled bartender without a word. Then his attention returned to Naer and with a smile he tugged once more quite harshly upon his hair.

Upon hearing a woman's voice, the dark elf glanced her way briefly and nodded slightly. That was all the time he had for her. "Of course, you did after all take away my reason for living. It's fitting that you repay me for that in some way or other." Though of course, nothing at all would ever be able to fill the void left by the murder of his friend, and charge. A bodyguard who failed at his duty, what a pitiful man he was.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-12-2012, 03:30 AM

Those eyes jumped to Gisa. Widening for a moment when she spoke, for a few seconds there was fear in those eyes. Fear for Gisa. If she interfered, if she tried to defend him, even though he wasn't worth such a thing, she might get hurt. Naer had no idea how violent Arkerril was going to be. When the elf had spit on him, Naer had only grimaced, it was disgusting, but he deserved it. He deserved much worse. Still Naerlodir did understand Arkerril's pain, if even only a little bit. "Fine, have your vengeance, but not right here. Not where others might get hurt or involved." Naer's voice was soft, only those within his immediate vicinity would be able to hear him. Enough people had already been hurt and involved in things because of his actions.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 03:41 AM

"You can take your vengeance in some ways but Naer here has become my pet so you must leave him alive..." Gisa interrupted casually as she played with the chain on her right wrist. Her tone made it sound like she really had taken him as her dog. The half demon had no desire to fight the other man but she had no intention of letting anyone die without knowing why. So instead she would play the card she held... that Naer was her 'pet' now. Perhaps the dark skinned elf would consider that worse then death. Gisa would but to her freedom was everything.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-12-2012, 03:42 AM

The thought that this non-being even suggested that he would harm anyone without reason only served to anger him even more. Arkerril let out a low growl and proceeded to pull the other man's white hair harshly as he dug his sharp nails into his shoulder. Without a word the dark skinned elf pulled Naer off his stool harshly. Despite all this, Arkerril appeared calm and collected, and in complete control of all his actions.

"He's a killer, and only someone whose suffered from his actions has any right to punish him." With those words, the strong elf began to drag Naer towards the nearby stairs. Hard metal dug into his hand as he clutched the key and dragged the other man along mercilessly. Arkerril didn't know what he'd do if the demon woman decided to interfere.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 AM

Naerlodir reached back to grasp the wrist of the hand that held his hair so tightly, a grimace on his face. It hurt, being pulled around like that, and Gisa claimed him as her own pet. That would have been demeaning and embarrassing, if he weren't already an exile, now it was just embarrassing somewhat. "...Gisa...stop..." He frowned very deeply for a moment, then that expression was gone. Replaced by the grimace as Arkerril pulled him harshly off the stool. He nearly fell to the floor but somehow managed to get his feet under him, the stool fell over though. His eyes were on Gisa, silently pleading for her to not interfere. He didn't want her to get hurt. Naer didn't really think the dark elf would hurt her, but still, people could be unpredictable when angry and Arkerril was very angry. Naer stumbled and grunted lightly with pain as he was dragged towards the stairs. He was definitely going to have a headache later if he survived this.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Gisa
"I don't care what he was, Now he is my dog and I am not through with him yet. You may borrow him because he deserves punishment for a mistake earlier and speaking out of turn just now, but I will not allow you to kill him" She said icily, she said it so simply. Before he could reach the stairs with his prey he would find her standing there and a mystical blue flame seemed to fill the inner pupils of her eyes. She stood with her arms at her side and her power would come off her in waves. It would be clear that despite her father being mid level she was a very high level demon.

"Dog... I don't recall saying you could speak" She added as she gave a merciless glare towards Naer. Outwardly she seemed the angry demon and one not to be challenged no matter her inner thoughts. A killer huh? No... she had seen his remorse, his desire to self destruct. He would not kill deliberately of his own free will. Whether it was a misunderstood accident or anything else he did not deserve it. So she would play the demon so many had thought she should be as her gaze rose to the dark skinned elf, Ark.

"For two hours you may hurt him in any way that will not kill him. I will let you borrow him for that long and only that long. He is my property now, it is simple as that. Now do we have an agreement or must I take my property back by force?" She said almost sickeningly sweet. She didn't like the role but she was the Lady of Masks and could be whoever she felt she needed to be....

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 AM

The elf had no intention of killing Naer yet. That would have been too easy, and not nearly painful enough. After all, the other elf once known as true of heart had murdered two people without any reason at all. It had been senseless, and completely useless. Arkerril wanted to know what had driven him to such a horrendous act before taking his life.

It was a need which had driven him to exile himself. Now at last he would finally get those answers, but this woman was in his way. He growled, golden eyes narrowing, as he shoved Naer up the stairs. "Your property, ha! As I have said, you have no right to him. But, to satisfy this achingly idiotic claim of yours I'll challenge you, and win. But for now, I have answers to gain from him. He had no reason to kill them ..." At the last he trailed off softly. Pain filled his voice, and vulnerability, for a brief moment before being locked away once more. Arkerril moved passed the woman with his hand upon the other elf's back as he silently guided him towards the room which had been chosen for his own. He'd no need to hear how she answered, since what he had said would happen, of that the dark elf would make certain.

It was comfortable, but sparse. Exactly the way Arkerril liked it. Few furnishings took up space. Only a bed and a dresser of sturdy make, and a chair. In truth the chair wasn't even necessary. He pushed Naer to the floor, and smiled wickedly. "At last, Fainuilos Meluithangur. Ah no, wait ... You've no more right to that name after murdering two innocents without cause! Tell me why, now." His hands moved to the daggers hidden beneath his sleeves. It felt good to have their solid weight in his hands as Arkerril moved forward to kneel before the other man in a mockery of respect.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 07-12-2012 at 04:21 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-12-2012, 04:40 AM

Naerlodir grimaced a gain at the way Gisa spoke to him. Did she really think of him as nothing more than a dog? Well, that was alright, he supposed, and at the moment it didn't really matter. Naer was silent, as Gisa gave the dark elf permission to abuse him, for two hours. He would welcome the pain, the punishment, but he still had to wonder at how easily Gisa claimed him and then gave him up. Even if it was only for a few hours. He stumbled when Arkerril shoved him up the stairs but he went. Guided by the dark elf's hand to the room.

Once in the room he quickly found himself on the floor. He lifted his eyes to watch Arkerril, flinching visibly at the use of his true name. A name he didn't deserve or have any rights to. A person who was true of heart would not have murdered anyone. Naerlodir watched Ark kneel mockingly before him and he shook his head slightly. "You were at the trial. You know I have no answer for that question."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Gisa
Gisa could have easily blocked the two being she was directly in front of the stairs and the only way to get past was to literally walk through her but something he said caught her ear. No reason? Nobody killed without reason. Sure they may kill for insanity or possession or some similar difficult to understand reason but not no reason at all. That was not how killers worked, she would know that very well. She was so distracted by the thought that she actually let the two pass but that was not the end of it.

She followed the two upstairs, the fire gone as she turned to thought instead. These two... they didn't make sense. The scenario didn't play out. Puzzles always intrigued her so now she had double reason to stay involved. She would go to the room and listen for a moment in thought. As they spoke it just became more clear that something was wrong. She used her power over metal to make the door unlock and opened it wide. She leaned against the door, her arms crossed as she gazed at the two.

"You know..... I'm only half demon, did I forget to mention that? My mother was a songweaver, and so am I. With a simple song of truth and him here to touch I can reveal his reason....rip it from his mind easily. If threats would get it out of him or fear... I imagine it would have already" She said in her more normal voice which always seemed half amused. She closed and locked the door behind her and sat on the bed. She'd do the spell whether they cooperated or not but she would wait to see if they would cooperate first.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 AM

A knife flew trough the air, slicing a thin bloody line across the other elf's pale skin. Swiftly, he removed his tunic and sword belt to reveal the scars upon his arms. Silvery white, they fairly shone in contrast to Arkerril's black skin. "I gained these defending the ambassador, I would rather have died then see his time ended! You expect me to believe that..." His voice faded away as he turned to glare angrily at that meddling woman.

"How dare you interrupt. Though unwelcome, rip his reasons from his mind, but leave it intact so I can break him myself." Undisguised hatred suffused Arkerril's words. The man was his to deal with, and his alone. After he had to answers he sought the dark elf would make sure to make this half-demon leave him be. Arkerril relished the thought of what he would do.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 AM

The knife came so quickly, but even if it had been slow, Naer would not have moved. He winced as the knife sliced a thin line across his skin, and when Arkerril revealed his own scars, he could only look at them for a few moments before looking away. "I would undo it, if I could." The words were barely a whisper, then Naerlodir was lifting his head and looking towards Gisa. He wasn't sure if he was grateful or irritated at her interruption. Maybe a little bit of both. He wasn't sure what to say, or if he should say anything. She might yell at him and call him a dog again, but, it was just yelling. He didn't really belong to her, even if she did want to claim him. Naer had a feeling she might have just been trying to protect him by saying those things, but still he did not deserve such protection. It was better if she really did think of him as nothing but a dog.

With a glance at Arkerril, Naerlodir stood and moved towards Gisa. "There is no truth or reason for you to find. I killed two people in my father's house in the middle of the night." One hand covered the thin wound Arkerril had inflicted on him, mostly trying to hide it from Gisa, he didn't think she should see or know about it. Though chances were she had already seen it. Slowly he lowered himself to his knees in front of her while she sat on the bed. Naer had never known any songweavers but he had heard stories. "The truth is, I cannot be trusted. The truth is I am a deceiver. I pretend to be true of heart but really I'm just a murderer of elves and elf friends." His voice was a whisper and he wouldn't meet Gisa's gaze.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Gisa
"And here I thought you were interested in justice" She teased Arkerril lightly. She glanced at his scars and suppressed a sigh. Two lost little puppies and here she would have to take care of them both. If only she really was the merciless demon she had people so convinced she was. She could just let them kill each other and not bother with it anymore. It was not her nature, however, it was her nature to protect those who could not protect themselves.......whether they realized they needed it or not. She watched the pale elf approach and simply shook her head.

"there is always reason, there is always truth.... If you are the dog you and he claim the song will show it, so just shut up and do as your told." She said darkly. She didn't need the lack of knowledge about song weavers making her song be doubted. She closed her eyes slowly and released a breath, knowing she'd have to release herself fully to sing. Her demonic wings ripped from her back with a sound of tearing flesh and a spurting of silver blood. Her face briefly showed her pain and that she really felt every tear of skin.

She begin to sing as she brushed her hands through Naer's hair. His Hair would glow with the power of her song, her words in english for their benefit. She called to the past, to the truth, to the one truth that bound all. She called for reason, for revelation, for magic to turn back time for a moment and give them a peak. All three would see the truth like one was watching a movie, knowing the meaning of each image. They would feel the truth to their soul, but only the piece of it that had touched Naer himself.

At first there was nothing, just a sleeping Naer. Then they would feel themselves drawn far away and see a distant shadow of a person. They too were casting a spell, an enchantment of control and of murder. The spell caster pushed their power harder and harder, snaking through the city barriers like a hidden predator until the spell latched onto Naer. They could see the strange shadowy shape of the spell caster overlay over Naer as he got out of bed and killed the two, then returned. Only then would the enchanter withdraw as naer lay down. His magic would pull back, slithering like snake and leaving no trace. The song ended and it would be clear... Naer had not been in control, he had been enchanted.

The room would return to normal and for a moment Gisa leaned forward with her hands on her knees. She subtly wiped a drop of blood from her mouth and hid the pain within her. As a half demon singing such a song of purity, such a song of light, and channeling only the good forces of the universe through her was painful. She had born worse pain, however, and simply frowned at the ground now. So he had been enchanted....this made a little more sense. But who was the enchanter? What had the reason been? Had he been after the ruination of the prince or the death of the other two?

Original Strife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM

"First..only..decades?" Dom quietly echoes these words as she answered his question. He didn't really know how to process that information. He only had two and a half decades under his belt. He wasn't ignorant to the fact that some people lived far, far longer than others, but he was rocked mostly by the "only" and "decades". If she hadn't found another to love in all that time, maybe it was because she didn't want to. Maybe he was just making a fool of himself, flirting with a woman only interested in friendship..

However, there was also that smile of hers, that seemed to brighten the room around them. He had to try, even if in his mind he was doomed to fail, he would never forgive himself if he didn't see where this could lead.

"Sure you do, you just named a bunch of things off..A stroll through the gardens with a pretty girl on my arm sounds like a wonderful idea.."

His confidence was back, no longer shaken by that perfect hug they had shared. He sells the invitation with a sly grin and a wink, propping his arm out loosely so that she could slide her arm around his if she so desired.

Last edited by Original Strife; 07-12-2012 at 05:00 PM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Nara

Nara blushed furiously, easily made off balance by flirting. She would shyly take his arm and half lean her head on his shoulder. He had grown out of his shyness quickly it seemed. She would slide her bag with her key over her shoulder since she hadn't gone to her room yet. She had already seen the fight head upstairs, however so had a feeling she would wait. She had seen the demoness once before and had seen how far she would go to guard someone and so she'd rather take dom outside where they would be safe. She would just carry her bag for a little while...she'd spotted a beautiful bench in the garden anyway.

"You sure you want to take a walk with a woman so old? I....am an immortal Dominic, a type of ice elemental. I am over 100 years old. So things mean.....a lot to me." She said quietly as she thought of his reaction earlier and started toward the garden. He had to know...that for a faelira romance was not simply a play. Casual encounters were not done, if you were not intending to put your heart and soul into the relationship then it was not love or worth a faelira's time. It was the snowy, cat like beings way of thinking and always had. Perhaps if he understood this that he would understand why it had been so long. Random men met at bars and taverns she stopped in on her travels did not often want such a thing but some one night stand instead. She did not think this man was like them, he seemed serious shy and sweet....

Original Strife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM

"So old?" He echoed "Why, you don't look a day over twenty, my dear!" He looked at her, smiling to sell his attempt at flattery before continueing. "Well, i'm only a mere human, but that doesn't make anything less meaningful to me.."

He pulls his arm closer to his body, locking them together gently. A faint smile graces his lips as she leans against him. He wasn't in this for some one night stand, in fact he had already showed his interest in continuing to see her throughout her entire stay here. He wouldn't even know how to go about a one night stand anyways. For all his bravado and flirting, if they ever found themselves in a bedroom he'd most likely turn into that same stuttering fool from earlier. He found his eyes trailing over her body, taking in her curves and marveling at her legs. Yep, no doubt about it, he'd embarrass himself if it came to that, he thought to himself.

His eyes instantly dart back to face forward, realizing he had 'studied' her body for long than was probably normally accepted. He didn't want to come off as a pervert, he just couldn't help but admire her natural beauty. All he could do was hope she hadn't noticed, or taken offense. He looked straight ahead, peering through the glass at the flowers and birds flying about, as a faint red color found his cheeks yet again.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Nara
"There's nothing mere about being human She said quietly and gave him a warm smile. She half chuckled as he spoke of how she looked. She was eternally frozen to look in her late teens/early twenties, it was the way of her kind. She felt relieved at his reaction, mortals could be strange about that sort of thing sometimes. She couldn't say she didn't blame them though... aging being what it is. She leaned against his shoulder a moment longer as she just let herself just enjoy the warmth of his strong shoulder. She was too busy doing so to notice his study.

"Oh... i was told about a door once..." She said with a little mischievousness. She took his hand and gently pulled him towards a darkened corner of the hallway. She soon found the latch half hidden as a decorative metal flower. She twisted it and the glass pane slid open and the unnatural breeze of the mystical garden could be felt. It too was kept cool year round. With a smile she pulled the other into the garden, a humming bird pausing to look at them before zooming back off to its tree. It was a truly beautiful place with flowers of every kind and large trees perfect for climbing. There was also a few benches as well.

Original Strife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 PM

"Were you now..?" Doms hand closed around hers as she grabbed it, more than eager to allow the woman to hold his hand and lead him. His eyes widened in wonder as the glass slid open, and he steps into the cool garden behind her, still being lead by the hand. His innocence surely shone through as he smiled and lifts his other hand up, waving to the hummingbird as it paused to look at him. Doms eyes follow the hummingbird as it flies off, and catch sight of some dark, purple colored flowers.

He bends low and plucks the flower, looking around shiftily as he hadn't thought about getting in trouble for it until he had already commited the action. With a shrug, he pushes himself back upright and positions himself infront of Nara. With one hand, he pushes her hair to the side, and quickly threads the flowers stem behind her ear. His hand had been only centimeters from her scar, but he offered no hint of even noticing it.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Nara
Nara smiled at the eagerness with which he took her hand and watched him a moment as they entered. She couldn't help but smile in amusement slightly as he waved at the hummingbird. She always liked birds... and it was kinda cute to see him react. He was a puzzle really, how shy and innocent he could be and how confident he could be. Perhaps he was simply such a hopeless romantic it could give him confidence? She blushed at the thought...

The flower seemed to grow back the second it was picked and she watched in fascination. She blushed as she realized why he picked it and put it so delicately in her hair. She couldn't help but close her eyes and lean into the simple romantic gesture. She let out a soft sigh of contentment that was almost a purr before she blushed in embarrassment. She opened her eyes and looked up at him, unsure what to say. Finally a soft, gentle 'thank you' escaped her lips in response.

Original Strife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM

The movement caught his eye and he glanced down to see the flower growing back. His eyes widened again, floored by the magic this place possessed. When she closed her eyes he was half tempted to plant a kiss on her lips, but the thought was quickly sent spiraling from his mind as the earlier event replayed in his head. Instead he just stood there smiling as her eyes reopened.

"A pretty flower for an equally good looking girl. You're welcome"

He winks and starts off to a bench, leading her along this time. When he reached the bench he sat, leaning back casually. He tilted his head in the air and inhaled deeply, savoring the sweet smell of the flowers and fresh air.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Nara
"I...I'm not so pretty as you make me out to be...though it really is a beautiful garden" She said with a soft laugh and a blush as she moved to follow him. She placed her bag next to her and simply sat next to him a moment. She hesitated but took his hand ever so gently. She then leaned back against the bench and closed her eyes to do much the same as him. Her feline nose picked up so many beautiful scents. She wondered briefly if he felt cautious around her now ...... she couldn't help but think about the earlier incident he saw.

"Are you....at all.... afraid of me or my powers?"

Original Strife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM

Doms hand waves through the air, dismissing her statement. "You're beautiful, don't let anyone ever tell you differently."

After exhaling that deep breath, Dom leans forward, placing his elbows on his knees and gazing out into the garden. He was amazed at the beauty, it was basically a thriving forest in here. He watched the birds darting from tree to tree, chasing each other and singing their songs. He was almost entranced, but her words jogged him back to reality. He leaned back again, turning his head to look at her, confused.

"No? Why would you ask that?"

His hand immediately curls around hers, just like last time, with no hesitation.

"I might be a little afraid if you ever used them against me, though.." He offered, laughing quietly to lighten to mood.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Nara
Nara couldn't help but blush at his certainty that she was beautiful. Still she watched him closely for his reaction. As he showed her only confusion she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. She loved how eagerly he took it. She slowly placed her head on his shoulder, not really answering at first. For a moment she simply breathed in deeply and enjoyed his scent. She wasn't sure how to explain it at first, that some people grew fearful.

"I.... some people become afraid to be near me... to touch me, after they see my power. Even if, like you, I would never use it against them. I'm glad you're not afraid though" She said the first few sentences quietly, as if recalling a bad memory. She had actually started falling for someone once since her lovers death... but he had seen her power and been too afraid to touch her so unsurprisingly it fell apart. She shook it off, however, by the last and gazed up at Dominic. She gave him a warm smile then and left her cheek against his shoulder.