Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I made fluffernutter cupcakes yesterday. :3

I hear you, Roachi. I'm horrified if Terra tries to pick up toys in the store. We usually panic and put her in a cart. xD We're the lamest parents ever in terms of the "fun factor". She's gotten to an awesome place where she'll say, "Can I look at that?" Thankfully she's ALWAYS gentle.

I'm curious when her 3 year photos will be done... I have previews of three of them and I can't wait. ;_;
What's fluffernutter cupcakes?
I made rasberry & choc chip ones with cream & chocolate ganache for my 12 year old niece's birthday yesterday. And then came home and made onion rings to go with our chicken burgers and chocolate chip cookies for later. SOOO good, but sugar overload not so good :P.

Aww well that means you guys have taught her well if she's asking too look at things and not just grabbing it off the shelf being all rough and stuff. :)

Aww wow 3 already! Geez the time does fly. Seems like only yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
Fluffernutter? Sounds interesting.

Aww Terra is already 3? Goodness time flies!! Of course I'm still thinking that the two we've got are already 11 and 14...It's like the time just flies on by.

@Roachi - Really? They made it illegal? That's pretty intense. I understand wanting to stop the most severe of cases. It can go both ways though. It seems that kids these days aren't disciplined enough, and that's where you get the whole scene at Walmart where kids are just running around doing whatever they please. I'm just glad I don't work in that Walmart...or any Walmart, really.
Yeah, you wouldn't believe some of the stories here. They're horrible.
Although prob not as bad as the U.S lol. But still bad for such a small country. I remember the Kahui twins. New borns, had severe trauma to their head. And their mother never took them to the hospital till the next day or the day after or something? They went to Mc Donalds instead! And apparently didn't notice the babies were sick. The mother blamed the father, and the father blamed the mother. It was a long drawn out court case.

In a way it's good. I mean now, if you are convicted of seriously harming a child in any form. You are no longer allowed to have anymore. Any more that you do have, will get taken off you straight away. It's about time they did something about these types of people. Especially the ones neglecting their children, and claiming welfare for them and spending all the money on drugs/alcohol or gambling.

Kiari
XD

Old 09-29-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I do have just one. I double checked. :)
Are you selling it? If so how much would you be asking for it?

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM

@Kiari
Do you have any items from my buy list/want list? :)

@Izumi & Roachi
A fluffernutter is a New England sandwich consisting of peanut butter and marshmallow cream on soft white bread. Sinfully sweet. xD

I saw a cupcake recipe for it, and tried it. I used this one, but after checking out other ones I think I'll try again some day with something more marshmallowy, like filling them and making a marshmallow meringue type top:

Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Fluffernutter Cupcakes

This one was good, though! Tastes like a cookie with creamy frosting.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Oh my word those look delicious...and then they linked me to these ones:
Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting

Ohhhh I must have one. Peanut butter + chocolate = foodgasm.

Welp. got about 5 or so minutes before I got to start getting set up for work. Only have 5 hours broken up in two chunks though. I'm looking forward to an easy day.

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 01:00 PM

I made awesome, thick, custardy goodness this morning with gluten-free brioche French toast. I can FINALLY bake a loaf of bread that's decent. The French toast passed all taste testers as being enjoyable. Happy day.

We'll see if my coq au vin is good. I've not made it before, but it's on the menu today. >>

Have a good shift today!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Thanks, Chi!! Will try for sure!

Ohh French Toast sounds really good this morning...

Coq au vin? Isn't that rooster stew? Gosh my French is bad... >_>

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM

I think it's chicken in the wine? I'm not sure either. It's been over ten years since I've had French. xDDD

Looking at the recipe it's wine, stock, tomato paste, veggies, and chicken stewed together. It's suggested to serve it with potatoes and bread.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 03:07 PM

Yes I was going to say Vin is typically wine from what little French I know...

I know there's a special way to cook Rooster of Hens because they tend to be a little tough.

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 PM

They might braise it, but I'm not sure. Anything that's like making a slow simmered stew.

I'm chipping away at my to-do list. With any luck I'll be able to have some time to myself later. >_>

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 05:10 PM

Let me just say I am super happy I'm only working a half day today. It feels like the tension in the air is thick. My manager hasn't said a word to us today, and the last call with a supervisor I had my head about bitten off for 'escalating it'. I'm like man I'm not GIVING you my freakin' call...just the last manager promised something that we're technically not suppose to do. Oh well...it wouldn't come on my head.

I kinda snapped with Tristan's friend and shoed them off into the bedroom. I'm very much feeling tense and agitated and when the two of those kids get together they become unbelievably annoying. (They are loud and talkative to begin with -- they get together and it becomes amplified and more annoying 10 fold.) I didn't yell, but I told them save the game and do something else. Aaron's like well his friend only has 20 mins. "OK, Tristan go walk your friend home." His friend goes my parents are spending some 'alone' time together so I can't go home early. OK...go either outside or in your room.

I had originally went back to my bedroom to read, but found myself agitated that I had to hole myself up in my own house and felt it more appropriately for them to move. That and I'm hungry and wanted to cook lunch.

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 PM

Sounds hectic. It's hard to get a quiet moment with kids. >_>

I'm still cooking the coq au vin. Two and a half hours later. x_x

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM

Yeah least I'm done for the day.

Hoping tomorrow will go a bit smoother. The second half wasn't nearly as bad, but didn't have any really nasty calls. I'm kinda not looking forward to my meeting tomorrow. >_#;

French cooking isn't quick or easy...But ohhh it is yummy.

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 PM

It was pretty powerful. o.o Nice and thick and flavorful, but damn... had to be in the mood for wine, for sure. I served it with boiled potatoes tossed in butter and salt like the author suggested, which helped a lot. I'd make it again! I'm surprised Terra ate it.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 11:19 PM

*deletes in frustration*

I'm sorry. I don't want to dump on you anymore. I'll just find a way to deal with it.

Last edited by Izumi; 09-29-2013 at 11:29 PM..

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 AM

I wish you had more options for outlets. Or better, solutions right there to get through it. :<

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 AM

Honestly, I don't. My husband will tell me the same thing, my parents the same thing...It's either I'm going to emotionally self destruct or drag myself through this. I'm extremely frustrated though as it feels like the stress and stakes are higher having a child full time, and it also means there's less time and patience husband has for me.

Like he said..no turning back now. I can't make it on my own, and I will not move back in with my parents. I'd rather die first...

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM

You sure you couldn't make it on your own? Even finding a roommate? Sometimes houses go up for rent for $500/mo, everything included, as you're essentially someone helping another person/some people out by rooming. You'd be able to take your job with you, right?

Kiari
XD

Old 09-30-2013, 03:49 AM

Quote:
@Kiari
Do you have any items from my buy list/want list? :)

@Izumi & Roachi
A fluffernutter is a New England sandwich consisting of peanut butter and marshmallow cream on soft white bread. Sinfully sweet. xD

I saw a cupcake recipe for it, and tried it. I used this one, but after checking out other ones I think I'll try again some day with something more marshmallowy, like filling them and making a marshmallow meringue type top:

Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Fluffernutter Cupcakes

This one was good, though! Tastes like a cookie with creamy frosting.
Sadly I do not have anything you want, I would have had a Sakura tee but I never received mine. XD I only have lots of gold.

Chi
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM

Bummer! I'm not sure I want to sell it for pure. I'll think about it. :) If you want to offer, feel free. I may wait in hopes of getting some buy list stuff though.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 PM

I don't think I want to make it on my own...I want things to work out the way they are. I just honestly wish it was dependent to me to work...as to whether everything collapses. I'd rather be that supplemental income I was when I moved in. Now my income is what will make or break us. I don't like that. :/

Anyways, on a positive front...I did have another meeting and basically my boss is like tomorrow starts a new month. You can come in here with a new attitude, and I know you'll make it, or you are nearing your end. She said she doesn't feel bad for me on a business level as she feels she's given me everything she could to succeed, but on a personal level she does. Basically like this is a sink or swim time. I then had my lunch, sat and cried for the half hour and ended up waking up Aaron towards the end of it when I went in to lay next beside him. I was feeling pretty defeated.

I called her up saying there was no way in hell I could sound happy, given the enormity of the situation. I sounded quite somber, felt like hell...She and I both know that acting/pretending to be one way and not is something that just doesn't come to me. I'm very genuine, and I really care and my mood really shows in what I do. She got upset and said there was no way I could leave early and said that I had 10 minutes to go 'wipe my face, get a drink' and then 'get on with it'. I came back, put on probably the most corny and over the top 'enthusiasm' and ironically probably gave them exactly what they wanted. I think that switch in my brain in over analyzing and caring switched off and I just went into autopilot mode...not getting so involved.

I ended up calling the number on an email I got the other day asking me to go to my TL for my needs, but if I needed more help to call them. A community organization committee or some other 5 dollar name and just laid it on the table. Told her the company I started out with and how I was with them for nearly 3 years, I had done customer service jobs for 15+ years and never have I ever felt more overwhelmed and downright unsatisfied with my job. I told her I didn't want to get myself or my manager in trouble, as I felt I had tried to ride it out and it was getting better with time...just it wasn't going to improve to the target goals of the company I'm currently contracted with. And believe me I have A LOT of personal issues that are adding additional stress, but this job is adding even more so. She's like what could we do to make it better. I told her about from the beginning of re-enrollment up until present day it has been so disorganized and just really lackluster. If I had walked off the streets and applied, I would of honestly had left questioning the legitimacy of this company. I gave her some input on how I felt they could improve the situation and before I hung up I threw out the suggestion of moving me to a department where I could work 3rd shift -- that a lot of the additional stress would be alleviated if i could work a shift closer to what my husband was working. (And honestly a lot of the bullshit that goes along with working there wouldn't be quite so bad...I'd see more of Aaron and feel more 'normal.) She said she would 'forward on my information and get back in touch via email within the next couple of days'.

I figure if I shot myself in the foot it was better than waiting for 3 weeks to lapse and give my opinion in an exit interview (if they even give me the privilege of being provided one...) would be better than just bottling it up and continue down the same path I had been. I had already tried work with my boss and told that they would not move me before my 1 year commitment, no questions asked.

My other friend who left prior to finishing training told me I better cross my Ts and dot my Is and watch my adherence and attendance in case they try to 'loop hole' me into being terminated on the basis of that and my performance. Luckily, there has been no verbal or written warnings for either of those...and if they try to throw that in there now I would definitely want to call bullshit. I guess I have to fair through the next 3 weeks without any hiccups now as I will be put under the microscope either way...

*big deep breath*

It almost feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and now I can just do the job to the best of my ability without the overthinking, and if they don't like it I did everything I could and it's time for plan B.

Chi
Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 AM

You did everything you could, and like you say... wait it out and see what happens. There will be another path should this one end differently. You won't know until it happens, right?

I'm debating coffee. I don't want coffee, but I'm getting down to crunch time in terms of one of my exams. It's less than two weeks. I need to juggle 40 hours of work on top of studying and two volunteer projects. I got in over my head with the latter, and after these ones are done (December-ish), I'm stepping back for a while and just focusing on going to work and juggling the home front. Those two pieces are difficult enough.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Yeah...that's how I don't understand how you do all that on top of the school thing.

Another thing I keep on trying to reiterate to Pam - don't be a fool, stay in school. Yeah you could potentially go back at a later date but I can guarantee you it will be several times more difficult and stressful.

Chi
Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM

I don't know how I do it and keep Terra as even keel as she is.

Once I'm licensed I plan on volunteering a therapy group within the community since we literally have none. Apparently I was the first person to bring groups to the community during my internship. It's important. One on one is great but people need each other. I was so excited when one of my groups decided to branch out and hang out in between sessions.

I should get a cup of coffee going. :< MOTIVATE ME IZUMI!!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 AM

*starts to send telepathic messages through interwebz to force Chi to zombie-walk to kitchen and make a cup of coffee*

I'd offer to pour you a Keurig down the keyboard. I have a lovely Gloria Jean's Mud Slide coffee and it is excellent.

Chi
Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM

My Keurig is even on. I have no excuse to be so lazy. XDDD

We have Tully's Breakfast Blend, Starbucks' Pike Place, and one type of Kona. And Donut Shop.