noirette
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 AM

Currently working on a contest picture which I need to finish tonight, but I know there are some off things about it. I'd love to get some other opinions & please don't hesitate to criticize (praise is loved too, but is sadly not as helpful D': )

This is a lineless picture that I'm working on. The first image is of both the sketch I'm working from & the colour; the second image is just the colour & the third is just the sketch. Criticism on either sketch or colour would be super helpful <3 (I hope that makes sense)

Feel free to draw over to correct things; I do know that the hand on the right side of the picture is waaay small & am trying to correct that 8D

line & colour over each other

colour

sketch

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-08-2007, 02:51 PM

os that all the colouring your gonna do to it?

noirette
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 AM

no, I thought I stated it was a WIP 8D; I wanted some crits before I went further.

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 AM

*feels stupid* I see that now ^_^; sorry I hopw you get some crits I am no good at them!

noirette
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2007, 03:37 AM

it's ok <3 it wasn't 100% clear.

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 PM

I don't have any c/c ... It looks great this far.
Can't wait to see the finished version. * w*

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 AM

It looks good so far!

I don't really have anything I could crit about.

jack XD
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to jack XD

Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM

well it looks good....its kind of hard to c/c it at this stage, but all I have to say is make sure the child's clothes and the mother's clothes don't mush together too much in the end. I think it will be a good picture, but juat be careful about details in coloring, and details in hair/clothing/eye/ etc.

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 AM

the sketch is a little off proportion-wise
the ears should be further away from the face and the fingers on both hands are a little strange. + i think elven ears are usually curved a little back... like, they don't point straight up, it makes them look a little more natural. as natural as elven ears can be xD
they're also a little small considering the size of the space between her eyes and nose.

this drawing isn't exactly a profile view, but it's close - so there should be more room between the ear and the face. here's a photo if you don't know what i mean - http://dissenet.com/etringita/images...6%20perfil.jpg

for the size of the mother's head, her arm also looks very short

but its gr88
cant wait to see moreeeeee

Naiyo
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM

looking really good so far, just keep working on lots of detail in the coloring ya know? :)
keep up the good work, do you plan on having line art in the final version?

Surreal Nytebane
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Well, I'm no actual artist, so I don't have much to say that would be helpful at all, but I would like to say that something about it seems off to me....I'm not sure what it is though...sorry.

Really nice work though!

crystal_wings6
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-25-2007, 02:59 AM

The fingers for the child is to short. The child's ear is to close to the face. And I hope the child is not a baby cause then, the face will be too big. The mother's ear should be more round and the point directed more to the side.

And just giving my personal opinion. The turn form the lips to the chin. Is too big. The lips shouldn't be that forward.

noirette
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM

Thanks everyone for their concrit <3 I took all the suggestions I got from both here and Gaia into consideration to finish it: <3.

This is the version that was submitted to Yumehayla's contest, although I think I'm going to continute working on it. Somehow I saw everyone's comments but mag's, who makes lots of valid points. wtf? I think my computer has selective showing.