TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-02-2023, 12:57 AM

I missed it! Nooooo!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-02-2023, 01:13 AM

You didn't totally miss it! There are still some threads you can participate in~

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-02-2023, 01:14 AM

Still wish I'd gotten on again before today lmao

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 01-02-2023, 02:11 AM

Happy new year everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
I still have not watched Jim Carry's Grinch and I'm upset about it. It's one of my favs. I might just stick it to the new year and watch it in January XD hahaha! That song is my mom's fav! I heard it quite a few times actually. I'm glad you finally got to hear it!
I love that grinch movie so much! I think the only holiday christmas movie i watched this year was the beauty and the beast christmas movie, which i had never seen before. it's not bad. I will definitely be watching it this month, for sure.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-02-2023, 02:32 AM

I’ve never seen the grinch xD like, anything grinch xD

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-02-2023, 03:05 AM

I've seen both versions of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The live-action version is...forgettable. Not horrible, but...eh.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 05:15 AM

I must say i disagree taiyo- i love the live action. Jim Carrey does such a good job, and he actually had to undergo torture endurance training from the cia because of how intense the SFX makeup was to wear. I haven't seen the newest grinch movie, but apparently my 4 year old niece and mother in law love it. the classic animated grinch though- that one i really liked.

The banner notification with the count down makes me a tad bit sad. I hate seeing events come to a close.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 01-02-2023, 05:22 AM

'Pokes head in' Hello 'waves'

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-02-2023, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
I must say i disagree taiyo- i love the live action. Jim Carrey does such a good job, and he actually had to undergo torture endurance training from the cia because of how intense the SFX makeup was to wear. I haven't seen the newest grinch movie, but apparently my 4 year old niece and mother in law love it. the classic animated grinch though- that one i really liked.
that is terrifying and awe inspiring, SFX are so cool to learn about and Jim Carrey really does give his all for every role. sometimes a movie with an eh script doesn't get the praise it deserves for the visuals. that movie has really good cinematography and costuming too.

---------- Post added 01-02-2023 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
'Pokes head in' Hello 'waves'
hii star

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 06:02 AM

Hi star! *hug* Happy new year!

@Ghost- Yeah, definitely agree. Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors because of his dedication and talent. Not to mention everything he's dealt with with his mental health, and yet still turns out great work.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-02-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:

The banner notification with the count down makes me a tad bit sad. I hate seeing events come to a close.
Daaaaaamn. I would not be able to handle SFX makeup

Same. Nooo event don't go, please last a couple more days

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Hi star! *hug* Happy new year!

@Ghost- Yeah, definitely agree. Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors because of his dedication and talent. Not to mention everything he's dealt with with his mental health, and yet still turns out great work.
Jim Carrey is one of my fave actors too I’ve really been wanting to see his grinch movie but haven’t gotten around to it/had access to it.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Daaaaaamn. I would not be able to handle SFX makeup

Same. Nooo event don't go, please last a couple more days
Yeah, it can apparently be really intense.

Only 10.5 hours left now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Jim Carrey is one of my fave actors too I’ve really been wanting to see his grinch movie but haven’t gotten around to it/had access to it.
If you get a chance, I definitely recommend it! Even if you end up not caring for it, i think it's worth seeing just for JC's performance, especially knowing what he had to endure for it

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 02:33 PM

I'm sure I'll probably like it xD
I've seen the clip of him pulling the table cloth off and it going perfectly and then being like gdi xD I love that it was supposed to fall and he's just too good xD

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 01-02-2023, 02:33 PM

I have been so busy with the holidays and the last few days of my current job that I have completely missed the event, haha.

Hope everyone has been well. Happy New Year, babs

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I'm sure I'll probably like it xD
I've seen the clip of him pulling the table cloth off and it going perfectly and then being like gdi xD I love that it was supposed to fall and he's just too good xD
ugh, that's one of my favorite scenes. he's just brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyKeehl View Post
I have been so busy with the holidays and the last few days of my current job that I have completely missed the event, haha.

Hope everyone has been well. Happy New Year, babs
it happens, I totally get the work/holidays time-suck combo. I think Christmas weekend was super crazy for me, and it just lent the same energy to the rest of the week, and now it's already 2023.

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 02:43 PM

Pretty much everything he's in is amazing imo xD

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 02:50 PM

i agree. I don't think there's anything i've seen him in that i haven't liked him in. Whether i liked the rest of the movie.... that's a different story. I think you can like an actor's performance without liking the whole movie, but if notable actors (JC, Ryan reynolds, Betty white, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, to name a few) are in the movies, it makes the movies just that much better and that much more notable.

Edit: i'm watching how the movie today. firm decision lol

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
i agree. I don't think there's anything i've seen him in that i haven't liked him in. Whether i liked the rest of the movie.... that's a different story. I think you can like an actor's performance without liking the whole movie, but if notable actors (JC, Ryan reynolds, Betty white, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, to name a few) are in the movies, it makes the movies just that much better and that much more notable.

Edit: i'm watching how the movie today. firm decision lol
I agree with all those names too

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 03:00 PM

Yeah. Speaking of trhe grinch, i wish i had passes to universal right now because the grinch has meet and greets there. and he's like the only character that actually talks to you.

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 03:03 PM

Oh I love watching those on youtube! xD

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 03:08 PM

me too, they're the best! I'm hoping in december (that feels wrong. i wanted to say next year lol) we'll be able to go and see him, but in the mean time, i'll get my fill on watching other people interact with him.

Also, by "only character" i mean at universal. i don't think i've seen any other face characters there.

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 03:14 PM

Haha I know right? I can't believe it's already 2023

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-02-2023, 03:19 PM

oh man, me either. 2022 went by so fast. I feel like everything after April just sped by. Which i'm kinda grateful for because of all of my mother in law problems, but like... i wanted to enjoy the year too and i felt like i wasn't able to really because it went by so fast lol

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 03:21 PM

I feel that. Had such drama this year and lots of bad stuff. I hope this year will be better but it's the 2020's, I think we're just screwed this decade lol