Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:04 AM

See'r was grateful that Alchemy had guided him through the room - it was bound to be a mess. Things usually were, sadly. Taking the seat that the girl had pulled out for him, the youth took a deep breath before starting.
"My father has agreed to let me go with them," See'r said after a short silence. He wasn't sure how she would respond to this. He was the only one that really let Alchemy practice as an equal, if at all . . . and without him around, there was no getting a chance to impress the leader of the Outlaws - not that it was done often.
We leave in a few days.

Amaya Mori
The purple crayon of your life!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 AM

Crimson eyes widened. He was leaving. Caravan’s were gone for awhile, so that would mean that she wouldn’t get to see See’r for a while either. Alchemy felt upset about that. When he was gone she wouldn’t have anyone to train with, or to laugh off her complaints about being a girl. But his father was finally letting him go out, it was hard to get that man to let you do anything, and this would be the first time he had left the area.
Forcing a smile to her face slammed her hands down and with as much enthusiasm as she could said. “Th…That’s great. Your father is finally seeing you as a man; he’s putting a lot of trust in you.” It was true it would be a great opportunity for the silver haired man in front of her. It didn’t matter if she would have to miss him for awhile this was his shot. He had been helping her so much the least she could do was be happy for him.

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 AM

Alchemy's movement of slamming her hands down made See'r's head tilt toward the noise, and her words made him hesitate. "You're disappointed," the male said quietly, a sad smile making it's way onto his face. "I don't need eyes to see that."
Reaching a hand out to touch hers gently, See'r took a deep breath. She was right . . . this was something he'd been asking for since he was younger. He'd always wanted to leave the Outlaw encampment and see what it was like in a normal town. To experience a world that didn't have his father's hand in it. And now Alchemy wouldn't be coming with him. "I'm sorry," See'r whispered, a slight frown appearing on his expressionless face. Letting his fingers trail over hers, he swallowed quietly.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Alchemy’s face burnt bright red when she felt his fingers touch hers. It wasn’t like they weren't in close proximity to each other on a daily basis. However training didn’t normally include gentle touches. Her embarrassment was forgotten when she saw the frown on his face. Wrapping her hand around his she gave it a reassuring squeeze he could read her so well sometimes. “It’s o.k.… I’m o.k. You shouldn’t be feeling sorry for me you should be happy for yourself. And hey when you get back you can tell me what it was like outside this place.” Her smile this time had more life to it.
She had been too young to really remember life outside the camp when her parents had dropped her off here. It didn’t bother her that she hadn’t known where she was born. This outpost was her home, but like anyone who had never left she really wanted to at least know what it was like out there.

Last edited by Amaya Mori; 03-23-2010 at 07:32 AM..

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 AM

See'r nodded slowly, his face losing emotion once again when her hand wrapped about his. "I'll tell you everything I can remember," he whispered. "And maybe next time we can both go."
Slowly letting his head lower, the blind youth let a grim smile cross over his pale features. "Perhaps next time you will be an official trainee, yes?" Giving Alchemy's hand a gentle squeeze, See'r shook his head. "My father can't say no forever." As of yet, he only needed someone to work on him for a while.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-23-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Amaya Mori

Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 AM

“Sure I will, I do have the best trainer in the camp helping me.”
Alchemy’s smile was once again the bright cheerful smile she normally wore. The thought of being recognized officially had always made her happy. To be able to train with the others and seen as an equal instead of just the girl who tag along with See’r. Resting her forehead against the table she let out a little sigh. “Still though, I want to be able to go this time. I want to be there for your first Caravan, it’s kind of a big thing.”
Looking at him through her bangs she pouted. The outside world was sure to be different and she couldn’t help but worry about him. “ You have to promise to be safe.”

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 PM

I wish you could come as well. But he didn't say the words that were on his mind. Instead, he responded to Alchemy's next comment.
"I promise I'll stay out of trouble," the silver-haired youth replied, letting a true smile slip onto his face. See'r was glad that she was feeling better - despite being disappointed about not going. Slowly he pulled his hand away from hers, and cleared his throat. "Promise me you'll return the favor? No trouble for you either, right?"
If he could have seen her, his eyes would have been locked on her gaze, searching for a true promise. See'r wasn't worried about Alchemy lying to him though. She wasn't that type . . . all the time, anyway. The unseeing male pulled his hands into his lap, fingering the edge of the fabric along one of his sleeves.
"The less excitement around here, the better."

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 PM

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin'." Cy replied, but it would be a minute after that before he stopped scanning the town buildings for any sign of a traders shop. Well, they were heading for a tavern. Perhaps they sold smokes there as well. Most bars did but it would usually be the large cigars. "Know what to look out for, right? Wings on the back and anybody who's looking queasy around silver." He made sure that his own silver medallion was well hidden but took out a small silver chain to wrap around his wrist and two silver rings for his left and right index fingers in case he wanted to 'shake hands'. It was his own way of finding dragons when a good view of their markings was out of the question. Whoever burned was one, whoever avoided the silver was one.

Esmme

Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 AM

"Of course I know what to look for," Tweak glanced back at Cyril, looking slightly offended. "I'm a Zealot too, you know." Stuffing her medallion inside of her shirt, the youth pointed toward the tavern that coupled as an inn once again. "Rumors and such start with the drunkards, yes?"
As an afterthought Tweak reached into a pocket and withdrew a silver-laced veil that she swiftly attached to the back of her large hat. Twirling about once, she grinned, and then moved toward their chosen destination.
-

It would be best to stay for one night. Glancing at the two strange individuals that were headed toward the same inn she thought about, Aesh hesitated before following them into the building. I could do with a bit of food and rest. Making her way to the front counter the dragon smiled at the barkeep before ordering a bit of rare meat - something worth consuming.
Sitting at a lone table in the corner of the room, Aesh yawned quietly and leaned her head onto the rough surface, closing her brown eyes for a few moments as she waited for her food.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-24-2010, 02:55 AM

Alchemy pulled her hand back as well relieved that he was going to watch out for himself. “When have I ever gotten in trouble?” She laughed.It made her feel better to laugh, to reassure herself that this was See’r and nothing could happen to him. Raising her eyes to stare at the blindfold on his face she was remembered that her thought was wrong. It had been a Zealot that had caused his blindness. It would be Zealots he faced when he went out with the caravan.
Before she knew what her hand was doing her fingers brushed the bottom of the cloth tied around his eyes. “Do you remember what the Zealot who did this to you looks like?” Her face heated up again once the words left her mouth and she was so glad he couldn’t see her.

Esmme

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 AM

Feeling Alchemy's touch, the youth shuddered slightly. It felt strange to feel anything near his eyes . . . after being blinded, it was something that was . . . sensitive. See'r's breathing caught for a moment, but he swiftly swallowed and replied. "Tall," he whispered, "dark. There wasn't much to remember." Sadly. "It was almost nightfall when he attacked."
See'r's pale hand shot up to grasp Alchemy's fingers, suddenly uncomfortable. It was something he was easily aggitated by - if nothing else, it was his eyes. It was why he wore the blindfold to begin with . . . it bothered him more than he would ever care to admit.
"I wouldn't be able to recognize him anyway," See'r whispered, slowly willing his hand to slip away from Alchemy's. "I won't be seeing anything any time soon."
Lowering his head, See'r felt his hair slip further into his face. Shame. That was what his father called his blindness. Though he forced the thought away, the young man couldn't help but silently agree. It was hard to take care of others, let alone yourself, when you couldn't see if someone was standing in front of you. It was one of the reasons that See'r tried so hard - that he had toned his hearing and continually tried to perfect his fighting.
It was a fear of his that one day something would slip past his guard - and he would be helpless to defend himself. That was no way a man should feel. See'r, once again, fought his thoughts away, turning them instead to Alchemy. Brought back to the present by one of her gentle breaths, the lean male cleared his throat.
"Promise to practice a bit while I'm gone. Keep yourself strong."

Amaya Mori

Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 AM

Alchemy caught it, the drop in his mood and the change of subject. It wasn’t like she had expected anything else. Still she wanted to know in case she ever got to leave because she would be able to see him. If she knew what he looked like and she ran into him then…a surge of anger washed through her. If she ever got the chance to get her hands on the man who had hurt her closest friend.
“Of course I’ll stay strong. Could you really expect anything else from me?” She let the smile find its way into her words. She wasn’t fond of training alone but one did what one must. “How long are you going for?” Maybe it was a sort trip. She at least let herself hope.

Esmme

Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 AM

"A few months at least," See'r said, lifting his head once again when the mood lightened. "We're going to Pay'Tions and crossing the sea to gather some of the supplies for our storage. My father won't settle for anything but the best, so he figures across the ocean is the best place to look."
For a moment, a surge of fear made it's way into See'r's mind - the ocean. Water of any sort was never something he'd enjoyed, and after being blinded, he wasn't fond of deep ponds or lakes. Pools troubled him, let alone the sea. Have you ever told a blind man to figure out which way was up when the world was turned upside down? It wasn't an easy feat. Forcing a slight smile back onto his face, the blind youth held a hand out to Alchemy.
"I'll make sure we don't take too long," See'r said, nodding once. Not that it's my choice. I'm just tagging along. The male took his friend's hand, giving it a squeeze before standing. "I should probably let you return to your duties." And start packing. "I'll come see you before I leave," he said quietly. I won't leave without saying goodbye.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 AM

The blond bit the inside of her lip trying not to vocalize her dislike of the timeframe. She was preparing herself for weeks maybe a month, but months. He would be gone for so long. Winter was coming soon travel would be hard so they would have to wait till spring just to head back. ‘That’s so long.’
Watching him stand to leave filled her with a sense of dread. It felt like she was never going to see him again which was stupid since he would be back in a few months ‘at the least’. The words taunted her. Standing she looked at him “I’ll find a way then. I’ll find some reason for me to go with you.” She was determined. No way was she going to let him leave her here for months all by herself.

Esmme

Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 AM

The smile that made it's way to See'r's face was one of pure joy and amusement.
"You'd better start talking to my father quickly. I can put in a good reference, though he usually doesn't listen to them."
The blind youth knew that it might be a useless hope, but at least it was a bit of something to try for. Turning in the direction he remembered the door to be, See'r reached over to tug on Alchemy's sleeve gently. "Let's go speak with him before I need to pack."
Moving toward the door, he couldn't help but chuckle. It was so like her to try and come - no one else would do what she did just so she wouldn't have to be alone. See'r raised an eyebrow. Is she really so desperate?
Luckily his father wasn't busy. For once, he was actually reading a book - though he was most like studying up on something instead of reading for pleasure. The man shared the same silver hair as his son, though he had obviously been around long enough to obtain it. His loose crimson shirt and brown pants were slightly wrinkled, as though he'd slept in them. Honestly, he probably had.
With the lightest of knocks, See'r pushed the door open. His father, Darren, nodded to the two of them as they entered.
"What is it this time?" he asked, his deep voice curious. "Another request?"
"Yes, sir."
Darren raised an eyebrow, slowly standing. Setting his book down, the elder ran a hand through his short hair, sighing. "Is it not enough that I let you go with them this time?"
See'r hesitated for a moment before standing straight and looking in the voice's direction. "I wish to have Alchemy come with us as well."
There was a blip of silence that filled the room, and See'r stood still as he waited for some sign of movement or response from Darren. "For what reasons?"
"She could learn from the experience," the silver-haired youth immediately replied, "it would make her stronger in both knowledge and mind." See'r took a slow breath, clasping his hands behind him. "And it would allow her to see the outside world as it is, not as the tales paint it to be."
"Is that all?" Darren raised both brows, watching first his son and then Alchemy with equal interest. For once, he was being . . . easy. When he didn't recieve an immediate reply from See'r, he motioned them away with one hand. "I'll think about it. Speak with me in the morning."

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM

Jake walked to the inn the get some drink and he sat at the counter on his own until he noticed Aesh then he stared at her for a bit until he got his drink and walked over to the table and said "mind if i have a seat."

Esmme

Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM

The half-asleep woman opened one eye, watching Jake for a few moments before slowly sitting up. "Of course," she said, motioning to the seat that sat across from her. "Please, sit."
Brushing a stray strand of her dark hair out of her face, the female smiled a bit.
"Thank you for your help earlier today," Aesh said, bowing her head in respect. "The medicine I was looking for was with the doctors that worked there."
The dragon scented the air through parted lips - Jake smelled . . . different. Not strange, just different. Licking her lips, Aesh smiled as her ordered plate of rare steak was placed in front of her. Her stomach grumbled in hunger as she looked at the meat, and her brown eyes swiftly sought some silverware. Beginning to eat quickly, the woman forced herself to remember her manners - after all, she was human . . . to those around her.
"What brings you here at this time of night?" she asked Jake, suddenly remembering that he was sitting in front of her.

dragonjake

Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Jake was about to say something when he noticed the silverware too, he shifted uneasily and moved his chair back a bit then looked at Aesh and said " I'm only here to have a few drinks and usually i sit in the corner over there by myself" he pointed to where he was on about then he saw the silverware out the corner of his eye and he mumble to himself "i hate bloody silverware, stupid inn"

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Cyril merely smiled in acknowledgment of Tweak's statement and followed her to the inn. It was moderately crowded. The tavern was not as filled as the usual drinking hours but currently was nowhere near empty. Immediately the Zealot began scanning people's faces and things, familiarizing himself with his surroundings. It was an essential habit he developed long ago that helped him in both his professions. There were the usual inn workers hurrying about to attend to the guests, the travelers who were checking in and out. The diners at the pub where rowdy but no more than the norm. And a group or two of heavy drinkers were celebrating whatever reason they had to drink. He continued to look around as he made a beeline for the bar counter and ordering a drink and a new pack of smokes. "See anybody who strikes you as odd?" he asked the one-eye while lighting a new stick.
Then, he caught sight of something shiny to his left. The man sitting to next to him had a peculiar looking dagger that glittered too much. All it's sapphires were blinding him and probably anybody who would happen to pass by. Being the kind thief that he was, Cy felt obligated to remove the bejeweled eyesore from the belt of such an irresponsible owner. The flowing movements of his mechanical arm and the victim's preoccupation with a friend guaranteed his successful gain and Cy was soon stuffing the sheathed knife into his shirt.

Esmme

Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 PM

Aesh nodded at Jake's muttered statement, agreeing. She had to use her sleeve to touch the fork and knife she was using . . . and even then it was like having an uncomfortable heat just under her fingertips. She swiftly consumed the steak . . . far faster than a human could have. Wiping her mouth with the napkin supplied, the dragon purred in contentment - before stopping herself immediately, horror-struck. I can't be making those kind of noises in public!
Looking to Jake to see if he'd noticed, the woman tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear.
"So what's your favorite drink?" Aesh asked, clearing her throat in embarrassment.
-

Tweak scoffed when she saw his slight-of-hand movement. "Naughty," she mumbled, prodding him with an elbow. But she merely smiled and ordered a drink as well . . . cider, anyway. Alchohol wasn't for her. "And I'm seeing some interesting people, but I don't just observe." A small smile made it's way onto Tweak's face, and she swept her hat off of her head, setting it on the counter. "Watch this for me?"
Walking past a few people, she leaned in so they could hear her and started . . . talking. Carrying on seemingly normal conversations with a few of the patrons . . . and then steadily moving about the room in a random pattern. When she reached Aesh and Jake's table, the Zealot grinned widely, offering a hand. "Hello," she said happily, looking slightly intoxicated, "I was wondering if you've seen my cat. It's about yay big," she held up her hands to imitate the kitten's size, "and has black fur. She likes to cling to people's backs and yowl really loud." Her single eye flickered to the way that Aesh touched the silverware, but didn't give any indication of any ferocity. Brushing her sharply angled navy hair out of her face, the youth leaned against the table, looking sad.
"Please tell me if you see my cat," she said, on the verge of tears. Tweak, sadly, had to remind herself that she didn't have a cat to begin with. "I'd be so happy if you could help me find her!"
Moving away form their table without reason, she sniffled a bit, wiping away a tear as she approached Cyril.
"She holds her fork funny," she said, pulling out a tissue and blowing her nose. "And they both smell different." She shook her head, snagging her hat again. "But other than that, nothing. No rumors going around or anything."

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 AM

"You sure work fast" Cyril said, surprised at how busy the girl had gotten after asking him to watch her hat. He didn't even have to do anything. Well, he still watched everyone she approached carefully in case she missed someone. So far, everything she had said about no rumors turned up true. Even those who weren't drunk didn't know anything. "Well, if there are no other leads except for how that lady over there holds her silverware, we should probably start with her. Chances are, her friend's a dragon as well." He kept his eyes on the two at the corner table. "Or an Outlaw." Now all that was left to do was figure out how to confront them without getting helpless humans involved.

dragonjake

Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM

Jake sat still staring trying to think that this person might be a dragon "did you just purr?" he whispered over the table and he sat not moving not even a shuffle "if you did thats ok" he relaxing and took a swig of his drink and looked back "as for my favorite drink its Guinness"

Esmme

Old 03-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Aesh watched Tweak walk away with a strange expression before turning her attention back to Jake. She shook her head when he asked about her purring, denying that she'd made such a noise. And then she moved on to talking about drinks. "Guinness," she repeated. With a curt nod, she motioned to the person that was serving people drinks, ordering one for herself. "I think I'll try it out."
When the human walked away, she squirmed. The small girl that had approached earlier seemed . . . odd. Ignoring her bad feelings, the dragon cleared her throat and smiled at the boy that set her drink before her.
-

Tweak brushed her hat off, stuffing it on top of her head brusquely. "The two of them are definitely suspicious." Pursing her lips, the youth tilted her head, catching her hat as she did so. "I'm no good at this part." She cleared her throat. "If you haven't noticed, I'm not a good talker. Not to normal people, anyway."

Amaya Mori

Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Alchemy stood silent next to the younger of the two men.There was something about the leader of the outcast that always told her it would be wiser to hold her tongue.It wasn't something the blond was good at.Relief washed through her when they were dismissed. "Well, at least he didn't say no." Even to her own ears the words sounded depressed.there was just something in the words. ' I'll think about it' that made even her over determined self feel like was hopeless.
Lowering her voice so that only See'r would hear "Stubborn old man. We wouldn't have to bother him if he just let me train like everyone else."

((Blah, my brain is still mush from all those stupid test.))

dragonjake

Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM

Jake looked at Aesh as the boy set her drink on the table and walked off, Jake didn't move a inch and didn't blink instead he just stared right into Aesh's eyes and though to him self i could of sworn she purred.... maybe she is a dragon, after she seems different to other people, or maybe its just my imagination. and he kept staring into her eyes trying to tell if she was a dragon or not