Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-17-2010, 06:58 PM

To Banish a Fairy
A Private Roleplay
Quote:

In the land of Fae there lives a species of fairy that prepare for each season. These fairies are the key to Human survival on earth - if one season is late, the rest are thrown off kilter and the human's way of life is thrown off balance.

If a fae nearly ruined a season's work, would you banish her or would you keep her around? The High Counsel was faced with such a decision. Poor Lorabelle, a young yet clumsy fairy, nearly ruined the entire Spring Preparations with her carelessness. Not only did she let the seeds run rampant and not tame them as she should, but she was so distracted with taking care of the baby animals and playing with them that she forgot to even finish harvesting food enough for the baby animals on Earth!

How one fairy could forget so much was beyond the High Counsel. If her jobs had not been finished in time, Spring would have come late and the Human world's seasons would have been completely thrown off.

Unfortunately, this was not the first time Lorabelle had made such grand mistakes. Lorabelle had a habit of losing herself in her daydreams and playtime, forgetting her chores and duties in the meantime.

This latest disaster was the final straw for the High Counsel and they soon agreed that the proper punishment for Lorabelle would be to live and die as a human for the rest of her days; all of her magic stripped. Her only method of survival in the human world was her ability to speak and the clothing upon her form. She was gifted with no family, no connections, no money, and now shelter. The Counsel was truly punishing her for her carelessness.

Little did Lorabelle know, she would find a kindred spirit in the mortal realm who would take her under his wing and protect her from the cruel world around her.

However, will this relationship form into something deeper than friendship? Or will the boy get so fed up with our dear Lorabelle and abandon her as the Fae did?

Only time will tell in To Banish A Fairy.

The Human
Ben Newvine

The Fairy
Lorabelle
(Lora Sterling)
A roleplay being transferred from Celainia to Menewsha by permission of DariaMorgendorfer.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-17-2010 at 07:10 PM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Ben Newvine shook his brown hair out of his eyes for the millioneth time that day. I have to remember a hair cut... Ben sighed as he hurried down the steps of the library to go back his apartment.

Ben shook out his hair which had gotten damp in the rain as he hurried through his apartment building's doors. "Raining already?" A man in the lobby asked, looking up from his paper. Ben nodded his head once before going to the elevator, cursing himself for not getting a coat that morning.

Having reached his apartment, Ben flopped back onto the couch and stared at the ceiling. He considered turning on the tv but, upon noticing the remote across the room, decided to watch the ceiling instead. He had a history exam in an hour and his brain was fried from his cram session earlier.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
The rain felt cool upon Lorabelle's cheek as she lay in the park, her only clothing a thin summer dress. Waking, as if from a dream, Lorabelle looked around her as she stretched. Seeing that she was in the middle of a bed of flowers, she sighed as she picked petals from her hair and brushed the dirt off of her. 'Well, at least I did not land in a lake!' Looking down at herself, Lorabelle groaned as she thought miserably, 'Oh bother. They could have at least been kind enough to give me a place to stay.'

Standing, Lorabelle rushed over to a nearby bench, very glad they had at least been kind enough to give her human undergarments. Sitting upon the bench, shaded from most of the rain by the tree above her, Lorabelle pulled her knees close to her chest, thinking of the how just hours before, she was safe in her home, her country, living as a fairy.

"How could I have been so foolish.. Now I shall never be forgiven.. Well, at least they did not hate me enough to send me here with nothing. They were at least kind enough to gift me with their speech, a name, as well as human clothing," she said softly to herself as the rain dripped upon her and the people passed by, not noticing her in their efforts to get out of the rain.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Ben pulled up the collar of his jacket as the rain fell harder in the park and he made his way back to his dorm. He may be getting drenched but he knew that he had aced his exam. Ben groaned as the rain fell even harder and his apartment was on the other side of the park.

Ben spotted young girl on a park bench dressed in only a small dress. Feeling a bit guilty from being so shielded by the rain in his coat, Ben walked over to the young girl. "Don't you have a coat, Miss?" He asked politely. He'd been taught to never talk to strangers but he couldn't walk by the young girl and leave her in the rain.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
"Coat?" Lorabelle asked, confusion in her voice as she tried the word for the first time. "What's a.. coat?" she asked again as she looked up at the man with her crystal-clear water-blue eyes, her dark black hair drenched and plastered to her skin.

Standing from the bench, her dress pressing against her skin in the rain, revealing she didn't have any undergarments on, Lorabelle reached her hand out to touch the clothing the man was wrapping around himself. Touching it, Lorabelle asked as if trying to put a name to the object, "Coat?"

Lorabelle had never seen a coat before. She had always noticed humans wearing many layers of clothing, but she never understood why. Was it a custom? Would this man explain it to her? She decided to wait and see as her fingertips trailed over the front of the coat, trying to figure out the material.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Ben felt his cheeks turn hot as a fire as he realized that the strange girl wasn't wearing any undergarments. "Y-yes. This is a coat." Ben offered as he unzipped the front and put it around the girl's shoulders. "Any warmer?" He asked as he pushed his damp hair off his forehead.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Not bothering to answer the warmer question, and not realizing what his blush was caused by, Lorabelle looked at the strange object with a curiosity that completely overtook her thought process, "Coat. You wear this to keep warm? It feels nice. What's it made of? Does everyone where coats? Are there more of these coats? Where do they come from? Why did you give me yours?"

To almost anyone, these questions would seem strange coming from a seventeen year old girl; questions a child only just learning to speak and recognize things may ask. Lorabelle didn't realize just how crazy she sounded and was very sincere in her questions; sincerity that could easily be read upon her face as she looked up at the man before her, waiting for an answer as her cream complexion was splattered with raindrops.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Ben arched his eyebrows at the girl's questions, unsure of why no one had ever introduced her to a coat before. Or undergarments... Ben added mentally. No, don't think about that... He said, banishing the thought from his mind.

"People wear coats to stay warm when its cold outside." Ben explained softly, biting his lip to keep from shivering now that his coat was wrapped around the young girl's arms. "Have you never heard of coats?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his now soaked hair.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Laughing, Lorabelle shook her head, a few strands of her wet hair sticking to her cheek, "No. Where I come from, they don't exist. Are they common here? Oh! You must be cold!" Lorabelle said as she handed him back the object known as a coat. "I'll be okay. You should wear it," Lorabelle said with a smile as she clasped her hands behind her back.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
"No." Ben said quickly as he once again wrapped the coat around the girl's shoulders, covering up the see-through fabric of the dress. "Really, you should wear it." He advised, wondering just where the girl lived where coats didn't exist. "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name." Ben said with a pink blush. "I'm Ben." He said, sticking his hand out for the girl.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
"Lora, Lora Sterling," said Lorabelle as she took a step backwards, repeated his movement, and looked at his hand curiously, "Why are you sticking we sticking our hands out? Is it a greeting? Another custom like a coat?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Ben raised his eyebrows as he reached his hand forward and took Lora's hand in it. "Its a handshake. A greeting." He said slowly, as if talking to a child, as he shook their hands before dropping his hand to his side. "Where are you from Lora?" He asked, curiousity flooding through him.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
"Oh! A greeting! Of course! I've always wondered what you humans did that for," Lorabelle said to herself with a laugh. Looking up at him, Lorabelle smiled, "I am from a Kingdom even your wildest dreams could not imagine. No where near here, that's for sure," she added with a giggle, "Do you live here in this strange place?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Ben felt confusion take over as he looked around the park they were in. There was certainly nothing strange about it and as far as he knew there was no such things as Kingdoms anymore. "Yes, I have a home here. Lora, if I may be so bold in asking, where are you living now?" He asked, wondering if she was so far from what she called her home where she was living.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
"You may be so bold, as you put it," Lora giggled as she continued, "Here I guess. It as where I was sent. I have no money, no family, no connections; so where else am I to go?" Lora explained with a shrug of her shoulders, "I'm used to sleeping in trees. It can't be so different now that I'm bigger. Only problem is, I have no idea how to get up there now," she said as she looked up at the nearby tree, wondering how on earth she would get to the lowest branch without her wings.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Ben looked at the girl curiously, following her gaze to the nearby tree. Is this girl crazy? He pondered as he looked around the people who were running from the park to their cars. Even if she was crazy, he couldn't leave her out here with her being drenched from the rain and not covered underneath her dress. There were too many people in the city that would take advantage her and Ben had a feeling that her strange ramblings were sincere.

"Lora, would you like to stay with me for a while? At the very least until the rain stops?" He asked as the rain began to pick up again. " You'll get sick if you stay out here for much longer." He warned.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
"Sick? Lorabelle asked, letting the word form on her tongue as she had with coat, "What is.. sick? Is that a feeling?" In moments the strange word left her head as she took in what he was offering, "Let me stay with you? In your home? Which tree is yours?" she asked, expecting him to live in a tree just as she had. For really, what else could he live in besides a flower or the like? Those were much too small now, so he must surely live in a tree.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-22-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
"I don't live in a tree." Ben said with an amused smile. "And sick is when you feel bad. Your body hurts and your head aches. Its very unpleasant." He said softly, reaching out his hand. "I'll take you to my home." He saud as he nodded towards his apartment building.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Looking at the big monstrous box, Lorabelle swallowed hard before whispering softly as she took his hand and moved closer to him as if she were afraid the monster would come alive at any moment, "I-In that? You live in th-that? Wh-What is it?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
"Its an apartment building." Ben said as he led Lora to the doors. "Its alright, Lora." He soothed, a bit wary of her strange behavior. "Its a shelter where people live." He urged as he led Lora out of the rain and into the large apartment building.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-22-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Following him inside, Lorabelle was overwhelmed by the scene surrounding her. Inside there were people opening reflective boxes and taking out white rectangles, some with pictures upon them. Pointing to them, not so subtly, Loarbelle asked, "What are those humans doing? What are those boxes? Are they magic? They seem to open and produce white squares or pictures. Is it random what they get? How does one win? Must they choose the right box? And what are those?" she asked as she pointed to the reflective walls that opened and closed, "How do the walls do that? Why do people go inside the boxes? What are those flashing lights upon the walls surrounding the walls that part for people to go through for?" Lorabelle asked as she looked up at Ben with an inquisitive smile, waiting for his explanations for everything.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Ben turned a brilliant red as some of the people turned to give them not so kind stares. Ben, however, found her questions and her naive smile to be endearing. Ignoring everyone's stares, Ben smiled down at Lora as he ushered her to the stair case. "Those white envelopes are mail. People send mail to talk to each other. They write notes." He explained as he led her up the stairs and to his apartment door.

Ben opened his apartment door and led Lora inside, fighting back a small shiver from his air conditioner. "I have some towels in here somewhere." Ben said as he ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit, as he looked around his slightly dirty apartment. Ben walked into the bathroom and looked through the cupboards for a few towels for them.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
"Mail," Lorabelle repeated as she tried the word out before inquiring, "How do you give mail? Can they not just talk to them in person? And what is this you call a.. towel?" Lorabelle asked as she followed Ben and continued her inquiries, "What would I do with a.. towel? Is it something you eat?"

Finally looking around at her surroundings, Lorabelle's attention was quickly diverted as her fingertips trailed across not only across the hardened water upon the wall, but the hard stone and reflective material beneath it. "How did you get the water to freeze upon the wall and not melt? Is it magic? What do these do?" she asked as she turned one of the reflective materials that had some strange marking on it.

Jumping back in shock with a small screech as water poured out of the center reflective object, Lorabelle grabbed Ben's hand and hid behind him as she wearily pointed at the object, "S-So-Sorcery! How does that-that-that thing produce so much water without a stream or a river?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Its a sink." Ben explained as he draped the two towels over his arm and turned off the water. "And it takes the water from the rivers and puts it in the sink." He explained as he reached over to remove his coat from Lora, carefully looking only in her eyes as he replaced the coat with a towel.

"And a towel." He explained, gesturing to the object he'd put around her. "Is meant to keep you warm. But if you're hungry I can make you food. Would you like something to eat?" He offered as he shed his shirt, revealing his toned abs, and slung the towel around his shoulders.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Lorabelle blushed, unable to take her eyes from the bare skin of Ben's torso before he covered it with the towel. Reaching out, Lorabelle gently moved the towel aside to see his skin once more. As the towel fell from her shoulders, due to not holding it, Lorabelle's fingertips lightly brushed against his skin, tracing the contours as if seeing them for the first time. "Is this what a human looks like beneath all of that cloth?"

Looking down at herself, Lorabelle frowned. "Why do I look different?" she inquired as she looked up at him in confusion, all thought of food completely forgotten, "Have I been formed incorrectly?"