Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Melodia was enjoying watching the new students. It was one of her favourite parts of the year.
So engrossed was she, it took her a moment to notice the glowing light.
With a slight sigh of disappointment Melodia angled her wings and floated gently towards the floor and out of the door.

Away from the busy hall and in the emptier corridor the Head of Earth flew faster, hoping to get back in the HeadMistresses good books by getting there quickly.
She took no notice of the few students she went past, most of whom were second and third years, and didn't slow down until she reached the doors to the fields.

Landing softly on the purple carpet Melodia took a deep breath, self-consciously tucking fly away strands of hair back into place.
"I guess this is as presentable as I'm going to get" she muttered to herself.
Wings folded neatly so as not to catch in the doorway, she pushed open the door and walked carefully out.

Proceeding to walk down the path and ignoring the rough ground underfoot, Melodia smiled to herself.
She really did love the clean, fresh air at this school, it never failed to cheer her up.
She started to hum a little song to herself and before she knew it she saw the head and Kyle Gear.
As Melodia got closer, her wings drooped a little in anticipation of the tongue lashing she knew she was going to get.

"I'm so sorry Headmistress" she apologised.

----------

Tryst and Xavier looked at each other blankly as Quay danced off.
Xavier shrugged and put Aya back on his shoulder.

"Let's go" Tryst said and led the way, Xavier tagging along behind.

They each went to a different table, Xavier kept shooting nervous glances towards Tryst.

After hearing the explanation Tryst picked up the paper and looked at it. Slowly it started to change colour, first the middle then the rest.

"Orange" he said to himself. "What does that mean?
The sixth year in charge of the table said it meant he was in the Light House.
"Oh". Signing his name on the Light roster Tryst walked back over to Quay to wait for his brother.
"I've got a question Quay" he said nervously. "What house are you?"

Xavier picked up the sheet of paper, biting his bottom lip timidly. What if it didn't work? Would they send him back? He shivered and thrust the awful thought from his mind.
When the paper started to change colour a surge of relief filled him and a small smile tugged the corners of his mouth.
Yellow? What does that mean? Xavier looked up at the older student who told him that yellow was the colour of the Air House.
He obediantly wrote his name on the roster and quickly looked round for Tryst. He didn't like being without his twin for too long. Seeing him standing next to the Quay girl, Xavier shuffled over in time to hear Tryst's question.

Last edited by Squall Ravenhart; 09-23-2011 at 11:22 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-24-2011, 12:03 AM

((Alice Foxfire: Cows Go Moo: happydeath: sdgfam08: I need you guys to post. :D))

Last edited by Angelo; 09-24-2011 at 12:45 AM..

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM

(O.o T^T im so lost where or anything going on to even post a single word. x.x)

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-24-2011, 12:45 AM

((Well, the Head of Fire is at the field; just waiting for you to respond, and Hiroshi is just kind of standing around. Dani and Isaiah are at the Water dorm, and Leland's on his way. Quay is talking to Tryst and Xavier. Melodi is at the field with Kyle, Hiroshi, Ayumu, and Ali. Jian just yelled at Dimitri and Serafina, who are on their way to their dorms. Tev is either on his way to his dorm or is already there. The Air twins Dazz and Lex are just kind of standing around too. Miko is also just kind of standing around. Chailai is on her way to her dorm. Hotaru is also on her way to her dorm.

Did that clarify a bit? :D Anyone else fell free to help!))

ropelife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 AM

Even while she was waiting, Quay bounced slightly from foot to foot. Moving felt too good to stop. Taking Tryst's question as an excuse to move, she hopped in front of him and spun about so they were face to face. "I'm in pure." Then, leaning in so they were just a few inches apart, "How about you?" Seeing Xavier from the corner of her eye, she twisted around and got in his face as well. "And you?" She bounded back so she could face both of them, but bumped into someone behind her. "Opps! Sorry, my bad!" She jumped forward slightly and collided with Tryst. "eek! Sorry!" Taking a step back, she bumped into Xavier. "Aaahh! I'm sorry!" Blushing, she, slowly this time, took a side step to face both of them again, making sure not to run into anyone this time. "That was embarrassing..." She mumbled to herself. Then, smiling brightly once more, she looked between the twin boys, eagerly awaiting news. "So? How'd it turn out!"

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 09-24-2011, 03:27 AM

When Leland reached his dorm room he seemed to barely notice that his suitcases were already sent over (or his roommate), but rather the very blue nature of his room. It was like an ocean, a sky without the clouds or the sun. Somehow it managed to still be stylish, not too blue due to the varying shades and tones. They added a special depth to the room only found in the paintings of his old art class. Yes, this room was a stark contrast to his old one with walls of gold and burgundy border molding. One thing was still the same however: the bookshelf.

There was an empty one that reached from floor to ceiling, painted in a navy blue. He gravitated towards it, stopping only when he realized there were two other people in the room, a white-haired boy and a young girl. Were the both of them his 'mates? He recalled that girls and boys had separate dorms so this was a bit weird. Maybe she's his sister, he thought with a shrug. Of course, they bore no resemblance. So what was she doing here?

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 AM

(@.@ uhh...okay. I think I got that. x.x but if this post comes out as a mistake in anyway; just tell me and I'll edit it.:sleep: )

By this time, Hikako stood there right at the obstacle course while he awaited for the others to show up. Even if they were to show up, it wasn't as though he would be really doing anything but watching the students go through the course since Ali should've already told them about the rules when they would arrive here anyway. The only reason for the heads to actually be there was just to make sure that the students were following directions, and didn't get hurt just in case that something were to go wrong or if one of them lost control of their own powers. As he continued to wait there, he had both his arms hidden within the large red cloak he always wore around everywhere within the school; no one has ever really seen him ever take off the cloak before, so no one actually knows what hes really wearing under that large red cloak. Although even with seeing that, never once did Hikako ever hear a student, one of the heads or even the previous headmistress ever even ask him about it. Honestly, he preferred it that way.

Hiroshi at this point had made his way down the hallway until he had finally made it to his new dorm room. As it had seemed right when he made his way into his dorm room; looking right on around it looked as though he was going to have this room to himself. This was exactly what he wanted; he was really hoping the whole way on the train ride here that he wasn't going to have to end up sharing a room with someone he didn't even know. Talking with people he barely even knew was hard enough, sharing a dorm room was going to be even harder for him. Setting his own stuff down against one of the walls Hiroshi simply looked back down at both his hands only for a moment as he remembered the strange surging feeling that went through his body all the way up toward his fingertips. A small sigh escaped his lips as he clenched his fists to rid his thoughts of that feeling for a moment ago before leaving his room once more. Whether it was time to go to the course that was told to them or not, Hiroshi didn't really want to stay locked up in his new dorm room the entire day as he began to walk throughout the school to see what he could find around the area; so that when school officially started he wouldn't get lost too easily. Soon enough, after a bit of walking throughout the school for about a good 5minutes; Hiroshi had finally come to an immediate stop as he noticed how the obstacle course was being held below. Shrugging his thoughts off, he simply nodded to himself and began to run through the school to make it to the field where the course would be held so that he wouldn't have to go waiting for the others too late. 'Why do I have such a bad feeling about this..?' he thought to himself lightly before looking over to the side only to end up seeing that the head of the fire house was standing there. Just seeing him, Hiroshi just immediately took his attention away from him and stayed focused upon everything else going on around him. The man looked like a rather mean person so just having a problem with talking to new people and seeing a man that looked as mean as that just made it all the more harder for Hiroshi to look at him.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Auyumu gave Jain one last glare before leaving to go greet her new students at the water house. Her figure seemed to float as she walked along the blue path that led to the water house. Most of the students should be there by now she figured so it was time to make her grand entrance. How would she do it this year? Then again maybe I’ll do things different this year since the students need to get to the playing field soon. In her mind she debated until she came up with a good solution. By that time she was already entering the house. An icy mist spread across the floor of the foyer when she entered. It didn’t take the students long to notice her standing in the middle of the room. “Greetings everyone, I am Takahashi Auyumu and the water house head. Now those of you who are not new please go get the new students who are already in their rooms. After that you may go on about the things you need to do to prepare for classes. Those of you who are new please wait here. I will answer any questions you have and I’d also like to make sure everyone knows what they need to be doing.” Once she was done speaking the mist cleared. She could hear some of the new students whispering about how nice she seemed to be. They would learn otherwise soon enough especially if they caused trouble.

Hotaru had been wrong apparent the boy was in pure house instead of fire. Her ears twitched slightly, not because the way the pure house head had talked to the students in front of her, but because there was something about the demon that she didn’t like. Most likely it was his attitude. On a whim she decided to try to help out the students she had been watching. She ran up beside Serafina and linked arms with her, acting a little out of breath. “Sorry I didn’t mean to make you have to wait for me, but they finally found my bag that got lost on the train.” Smiling she held up a small suitcase. “So are you ready to head to the dorm now?” As she asked the question she glanced back at the pure house head to see his reaction. At least she hoped he’d let his reaction show and that the other two students would just play along with her. If not then she’d probably still have the pure house head annoyed with her.

puppetmaster999
DM Extrodinaire

Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 AM

Dimitri looked at the house head and swallowed. The man actually scared him. He didn't let it show, although the man probably knew already. Of course, before he could speak, someone came in their way. He smiled at the girl and waved her off, as if telling her to go. He turned to the house head and bowed respectfully. "I don't see the issue in asking about magic outside your own. There are many things we can learn from each other. Have a good day sir." he said, walking to his dorm. From down the way, he saw the building was colored with purples mostly, with some black accents, or they seemed black to Dimitri, who, upon closer inspection, he would discover it was a very dark purple.

Kyle nodded at Ali's explanation, but didn't seem to believe it. "Whatever, I won't be teaching it. " He looked at the course and nodded. "Anything I can do to help with this?" he asked as the head of Earth walked in. He bowed slightly to the Icarite woman. He then turned to Ali waiting for her reply.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 AM

Serafina just looked at the house head not really knowing what to say to him, she looked over at Dimitri trying to think of something. She quickly looked back over at the girl who had taken her arm and apologized; she was confused for a bit but then caught on and smiled, at her saying “Not a problem I am glad that they found your bag.” She turned and started walking away with her, when they were far enough away she smiled then said “Thanks for helping out back there I was really stuck.” She smiled then said “I’m Serafina and I am in the fire house how about you?”

Last edited by Shania583; 09-25-2011 at 05:22 PM..

kurobizzle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to kurobizzle

Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 AM

Jian grunted when his student left. He made a good point about learning from other people's magic, but he wasn't going to admit it out loud. The only reason he yelled was to scare the last students off to their dorms so they could get on with the day. Good thing that imp girl's friend already dragged her away. He turned around to the last group of students idling around the main room.

"Hurry up to your dorms NOW!" He bellowed. Jian had no reason to announce about the obstacle course outside since the students will learn about it once they got to their dorms. With one final glare to whoever was still standing around, the demon started for his house to inform the students what was going on.

Lai-Lai didn't know how she winded up outside. She just took a right at that one corner and then a left at the next before running through a couple of doors. Looks like her sense of direction was worse than she thought. However, instead of turning around to go find her dorm, she was intrigued by the course that took up a lot of the field. She walked over to it to get a better look and saw what looked to be a teacher in a red cloak.

"Uh, hi there!" She waved at the red-haired man, "What's going on over here?"

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 PM

Tryst tried, and failed, to hide an involuntary grin behind one hand.
Quay was so funny! He was sure she didn't mean to be, but nevertheless she was making him laugh.
"I guess I'm in Light" Tryst said to her question, looking at Xavier expectantly.

Xavier shrank back when the Quay girl bumped into him, he really didn't like it when people got too close, reminded him too much of living with their grandfather which was something he was trying hard to forget.
When Tryst said he was in Light house Xavier stared at him in shock.
His face turned as white as his hair.

"Zev?" Tryst asked him hesitantly. "What's wrong?"

"You're really in Light?" Xavier replied, his heart sinking with dread.
"Yeah".
"I'm in Air", it came out as a whisper. He felt Aya nuzzling his face with her whiskers, but she couldn't comfort him this time. He was going to be all alone without Tryst. In their fourteen years of life Xavier had never been without his brother for more than a few minutes at a time. Bad things tended to happen when Xavier was alone.
So caught up was Xavier in his internal crisis that he didn't even hear the teacher yelling at the few students left in the hall.

Tryst looked at his brother worriedly. Being in a different House would be tough on Xavier, although he couldn't stop a guilty feeling of relief. He wouldn't have to spend all his time reassuring Xavier, or dealing with his insecurities. Tryst understood them, because he shared some of them, but he was determined to make a new home here. With friends too if he could.

"Zev? he said. "It's okay, it's not like at Grandfathers. No one is going to hurt you here".

As the teacher yelled at them to head for their dorms he looked questioningly back at Quay.
"Do you know the way to the dorms?" he asked. "I might need a bit of help to convince Zev as well. He trusts you enough to show you Aya, so maybe he might listen to you as well?"

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 09-28-2011, 02:21 AM

Hotaru sighed slightly. The teacher had disappointed her by not having any reaction at all to her interruption. Oh well it was a little too early to be getting into trouble anyway. She gave the girl a small smile. “No problem, I was getting kind of bored anyway. I’m Hotaru and I’m also in the fire house.” She wasn’t sure what else to say since she wasn’t good at conversations. “So, umm…what was with that teacher or whatever he was? Did you guys do something to annoy him or something?” After asking the question she felt like she was being nosy and wish she could take it back.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 AM

Serafina looked at the Hotaru and smiled, she was glad that someone from her own house had saved her seeig as now she had someone she could talk to for the rest of he way to the dorms. Hearing her question Serafina laughed a little saying "I really have no idea what I could have done to tick him off, all I know is he is the head of the pure house and he yelled at me for asking about pure magic." She looked over at he and then asked "So what got you stuck here? I mean you have to be here for a reason right?" She walked into the Fire house and saw that it was decorated with warm collies seeing as she loved them anyways she knew that I was going to be a bit easier to get settled in here. She smiled seeig a fire place and then started heading towards he girls rooms so she could get a room. She made sure to stay beside Hotaru so that she could talk with someone though.

ropelife
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 AM

In a particularly bad mood, Tev finally reached the air dorm room. Although he would never admit it, least of all to himself, he had made a wrong turn. Having started next to the air dorm, it should have been just a short walk to his left. However, it took quite a bit longer when he turned right, circling the entire inner ring of the school before arriving at the air tower. He plowed through the common area, nearly knocking over a fellow first year.

Ignoring the beautiful silvers and greys that colored the tower, Tev pushed into a random dorm room. There was a window directly across from the door with a bed on either side of it. There was also a student, crouched down, next to one of the beds, unpacking his bags onto his bed. In three strides, Tev towered over the boy. "Get out."

"Hey! I just started-" The boy stopped talking when he turned around and saw Tev's glimmering red eyes. He was still irritated at how long it had taken him to reach the air tower, and it showed, quite clearly, on his face. Suffice to say, Tev was alone in the room in less than 15 seconds.

Quay fixed Tryst with a playful glare when he failed, horribly, to hide his grin. She tilted her head, a little confused, as he conversed with his twin brother. Although she loved people and social contact, she had little experience with it. As such, she often didn't understand basic concepts, like bonding, so she was still trying to understand why the twins seemed so anxious about not being in the same house when Tryst started speaking to her again.

"Oh! I do, I do!" She jumped up and down slightly and started to walk backwards toward the towers. "Air is over there and light is there!" pointing over her shoulder to each tower respectively. "They're right next to each other," she added, hoping that that would solve the twins' problem. "I'm in pure though, so, that's a tower over. But classes are divided by year! That means we'll probably be in a lot of the same ones!" Smiling brightly, she added a little skip-hop to her backwards walk.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM

As Hikako stood there with his hands and part of his arms still hidden within his large red cloak as usual; he continued to await the students to make their way here later whenever Ali thought it was time for them to start their obstacle course just yet. Within what seemed like just a couple of minutes had passed by, hearing a familiar male voice come up; yelling at the top of his lungs as it sounded like Hikako simply turned his attention over toward where he heard the yelling before shaking his head in a bit of dislike. No doubt about it, that voice was coming from none other than Jian himself; there was no mistaking it. The man himself was an easily angered person or at least to Hikako's eyes he was and whenever he got too annoyed with anything, he seemed to yell. It sounded as though he were telling the students to head toward their dorms immediately as he just rubbed his temple little from just getting a minor headache off of Jian's yelling. Thankfully enough, when the yelling had finally stopped; a small sigh had escaped his own lips. 'Does he have to yell..?' he thought to himself before his attention was quickly taken over by a young female with what seemed like a light tanish blond hair. Tilting his head curiously to see her coming over toward him sounding a bit rather chipper with her 'hi there' hearing her question right after about what was going on over here and seeing as how she waved at him. Hikako kept both his hands right inside his cloak as he returned her question by shaking his head. "This shall be your obstacle course for later. Your natural abilities are going to be tested here to see which classes you shall take." he stated firmly pointing over toward the different obstacles the students would have to go through while his own eyes were directed toward her.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Hotaru considered what Serafina had asked her. “I came here by choice. A lot of the other people in our village feared or hated me. They tried many times to get my parents to move or send me away. So when I got the letter about this place. I made the decision to come here. At least maybe here people won’t be afraid of me.” As she spoke her ears twitched slightly. It wasn’t that this was an uncomfortable subject for her. It was more of she wasn’t use to talk to others. Looking around her the warm hues of the stones around them helped her to ease her tension. Yes, these were the colors of her element, something she was comfortable and familiar with. She walked alongside Serafina as they made their way towards the girl rooms. “How did you end up here?”

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:01 AM

((I'm sorry I haven't posted guys. :sweat: I was mainly waiting for some of the others to post, but I also got sick. :())

Having put everything away, Dani looked over to Isa proudly before hopping into his lap. He was obviously stunned, though she didn't notice. Instead, she just snuggled into him, sighing slightly before giving a little yawn. It had been a long day. Her needle ball was packed away, as were her clothes and other items. The way Isa smiled at her made her feel all fuzzy inside; just like Julie's had. In moments, she was asleep, snoring softly.

Surprised to see Dani asleep in his arms, it took Isaiah a moment to notice that there was another individual in the room. He set Dani down slowly before he stood to introduce himself to the new boy. "Hey there," he said as he walked up. "I'm Isaiah, but you can call me Jude. Don't worry about Dani over there, she's autistic. I really need to talk to the Headmistress about what to do with her though."

"Not really," Ali answered, sighing. "I was just planning on having a meeting before sending the Heads off to meet their students. But that's not going to happen." Communication would need to be something they worked on for certain this year.

When Melodi arrived, Ali just nodded. "It's fine," she answered. "You're far from the latest." Clapping her hands to gather every teachers' attention, she finished with, "Heads, it's time to introduce yourselves to your students. I'll be waiting in the foyer. I trust you'll come with me, Kyle?" and then she turned and entered the building again, navigating the corridors effortlessly until she was back in the foyer, sitting in an armchair rather lazily.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Serafina looked at Hotaru and listened to her story as they walked then sighed when she asked how she got there. Serafina stopped at on of the dorm room doors and looked at her then said "Wasn't really my choice, my dad sent me so that I could learn how to control my power better." She paused then continued saying "An accident happened in my village so I have to learn I guess." She opened the room door and saw that it was in the same colours as the other parts of the tower but was more suited for a living area, she put her bag on one of the beds and then looked back at Hotaru. She smiled then said "So you could really say that I had no choice but to come here."

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 PM

Tryst followed Quay, dragging Xavier behind him.
"See Zev?" he said reassuringly. "It's not like you'll be all by yourself. I won't be far away and we'll still have classes together. So it's ok. Plus you have Aya". He waited anxiously, hoping Xavier wasn't going to fall apart in front of all these students. Or Quay.

Xavier just let himself be dragged mutely. There was a sick hollow feeling in the pit of his stomach. He knew he couldn't really cope without his brother. Tryst was the anchor keeping him entrenched. Without him he didn't know what he'd do. Or how to keep the nightmares away.

"Please Zev" Tryst whispered. "At least try this, maybe it won't be so bad".

Xavier finally looked up at his twin. There was so much pleading in Tryst's white eyes that he just nodded silently, heart sinking. This could not end well.

Tryst sighed with relief, then turned back to Quay. "I'm gonna walk Zev to the Air tower before heading to Light. See you soon?" He really wanted to keep this possible new friend. Plus she was an elf and he had so many questions he wanted to ask her.

Xavier lifted a hand to his shoulder and gently stroked his little mouse for comfort. She nuzzled his fingers and squeaked endearments in his ear. A tentative smile tugged the corners of his mouth, Tryst was right, he wouldn't be entirely alone.

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 10-12-2011, 11:18 PM

Leland eyed the girl who snuggled into the white-haired boy, unsure what to make of it. She seemed a little...odd to say the least. Wasn't she too old to be doing that? He watched the girl be set down before the boy, now known as Isaiah--no Jude--vouched for her. So she wasn't his sister then? She seemed to act like it for all intents and purposes (she was certainly more affectionate than Leland's sister).

"Leland," he replied, holding out a hand to shake, "it's a pleasure meeting you."

puppetmaster999
DM Extrodinaire

Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 AM

(waiting for something for my guys to do.)

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 10-13-2011, 03:53 PM

“I see, but learning to control your power is a good thing.” Hotaru gave Serafina a small smile. She walked over to an empty bed and placed her bag on the bed. “I wonder if we’ll have time to settle in before the game or whatever it is we’re going to be doing.” As she spoke she gave a look around the room before grinning slightly and flopping back on the bed she had sat her bag on. Her tail swished a little, “just out of curiosity what race are you? Where I’m from most of the villagers are Kitsune like me.”

One of the sixth-year male students who was helping move the new students cautiously approached Ayumu. He quickly explained that there a situation with one of the new students. She gave the boy a nod and cold, “thank you.” The boy recognized the look in the heads eyes and retreated to go help some of the other new students. The head mistress hadn’t told her anything about this. Of course she had been late to the meeting, but surely with something important like this she would have said something to her after dismissing the students to the dorms. She ascended the stairs, some of the student scurrying to get out of her way.

Ayumu walked down the hall to the room where the boy [Isaiah] and girl [Dani] were in. The air around her was cold as she entered the room. “Morning students, I’ve come to check on a situation I was informed about.” Her tone was icy as she glanced around the room, her gaze falling on Isaiah. “I am Takahashi Ayumu the house head. I’m sure that you are well aware of the school rule that prohibits male and female students from sharing a room. So what I would like to know is why you think this rule doesn’t apply to you.” She glared at him as she spoke.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Looking up when the teacher entered the room and so rudely assumed that Isaiah was intentionally breaking the rules, he scowled. Her announcement that she was the head only made it worse. He would have to deal with her all year. Great. Running a hand through his hair, he stood. "Look lady, you should really get all the facts before jumping to conclusions. I don't care if you're the Prime Minister of Israel; you don't make assumptions," he growled, glaring right back. "For instance, I bet you were ignorant of the fact that Dani over there is both Autistic and a Dark Mage. I was fully planning on discussing the matter with the Headmistress when next I saw her, but you so rudely came in here and started assuming we were rule-breaking for the sake of rule-breaking. As far as I'm concerned, this is only a temporary arrangement."

Breathing heavily towards the end, he turned around to check that Dani was still sleeping, smiling when he saw her roll over, snoring slightly. She really was just like his little sister. Noticing Leland with his hand out, Isaiah clasped it enthusiastically. "Sorry, mate. Had a bit of a bother right there," he said with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "'Tis a pleasure to have your acquaintance as well."