MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 AM

River Bend Ranch is the only ranch of it's kind. It is a horse ranch that breeds and trains horses for both Western and English disciplines. Several of the horses that have been sold are rising stars.
On the ranch, there are dedicated workers who make the horses their lives. When they first arrive, they are loaned a horse to ride until a horse is born that they can train and have as their own. This is another reason why the ranch is one of a kind. The owners believe strongly in the bonds of human and horse. Once a strong bond is made, it'll be there forever if either party does not betray the other.
The ranch is right in the middle of lush green lands where wild horses roam. Nearby is a town and a tribe of friendly Native Americans who help out at the ranch and in town from time to time. Everything is seemingly perfect until a new herd of wild horses appears, but there is something strange about them; something eerie. The horses are sought after by the townspeople and when some try to catch the horses for the first time, things start to go wrong in town and the townspeople blame the Native Americans

----------

1)No godmodding You can only control your own characters
2)Proper grammar and punctuation I understand the occasional slip, but if you get sloppy, you're out
3)AT LEAST 5 sentences per post I do understand Writer's Block, but in that case, comment on your surroundings or something. Give others something to reply to
4)Don't go over 2 paragraphs We don't need your life story, you know
5)There may only be a handful of Native Americans They are a tribe
6)Two characters per person Any more than that is just plain confusing and if you are going to reply with both characters at the same time, Change color when you change character
7)You may not roleplay as a horse By this I mean you cannot have a character that is a horse
8)This is a slow paced roleplay I don't want to leave for the night and come back to find that it's a month later

Last edited by MissDifferent; 08-09-2011 at 03:20 PM..

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 PM

Skeleton:

Username -
Character's name -
Age -
Gender -
Looks -
Native or Worker -
Personality -
Bio -
Info about their horse -

Please inbox these to me with the subject line saying 'Just Around The Bend'

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 PM

Username - MissDifferent
Character's name - Iris Silver
Age - 18
Gender - Female
Looks - Short light brown hair with green eyes. She's somewhat of a tomboy, but does occasionally like girly things
Native or Worker - Worker
Personality - Iris is generally a very happy person, but she finds it easier to be around horses than most people. She trusts people easily and always gives someone a second chance, but if you hurt her twice, you'll lost her trust forever
Bio - (I'll add this soon)
Info about their horse - Iris rides a loan horse named Crackerjack who is a dark bay gelding. He has an attitude just as fiery as he looks and she has had him for about 2 years. Iris does have a horse of her own, but that horse is only a yearling and is in the middle of training. This yearling is a black filly by the name of Dahlia.

Quote:
Username - WinglessFairy
Character's name - Lucile "Lucy" Mae
Age - 17
Gender - Female
Looks - Blond hair, usually tied in pigtails and braided, with the braids coming down to her chest. She's got little orange freckles on her face and arms, and bright blue eyes. She's got a straw hat she quite adores with a little red ribbon tied around it, and is usually in her work clothes, a button up white shirt with small embroidery of apples, and beat up blue jeans and sneakers, and occasionally her one pair of cowboy boots when working with the horses or just for fun.
When going to the town for shopping or otherwise though, she'll wear a nicer pair of jeans, and a crisp blouse, or something fancier.

Native or Worker - Little Lucile's lived here all here almost all her life, with her Uncle and Aunt who run the Ranch.

Personality - Bright and optimistic. She's got a slight country accent, but tends to shy away from speaking in general, and is quite bright and a good friend, once she overcomes her shyness.

Bio - Lucile's parents died when she was very young, from a disease. She herself battled the disease for years after, miraculously overcoming it finally when she was seven. She's afraid of getting sick, and will freak out if she catches even the slightest cold, but she tends to keep herself active and a healthy eater, to avoid the sniffles. Lucile loves working on the ranch with her Aunt and Uncle, and is excited about just finishing school so now she can work full time with them. A very curious child, she's one of the few to pursue friendlier relations with the native americans living nearby, even joining their pow wows occasionally. They've given her a name in their own language, translated roughly equates to "Little Gold Fox".

Info about their horse - She adores each and every one of the horses, but feels none of the horses on the ranch are quite for her. Perhaps one day she'll find one that's right?

Quote:
Username - Ramoguy22
Character's name - Yotoi Taito
Age - 16
Gender -Male
Looks -
Photobucket | animeguy162jpg Pictures, animeguy162jpg Images, animeguy162jpg Photos
About 5'9, deep black hair, light brown eyes, wears a baseball cap
Native or Worker - Worker with Native Descent
Personality - [Written in character]Me? Who am I?Well thats kinda hard to awnser. Well I am not the nicest of people, I guess.I like to help anyone who is willing to pass me a glance, or flash me a smile, so I can be helpful. I have a slight temper, so its not the best idea to start screaming at me.I love to ride, and you can see me and my fairen racing around the ranch once in a while, just to feel the wind rush past our hair.
Bio - Born to a native american descent family, he was somewhat poor, having to do without the richer brands, and seeing most people as materialstic. He took a liking to horses and animals in nature, but enjoyed the ocassional bow and arrow hunt to test his skills, having quiet the meat eater in him. His parent's struck it rich after a faint chance, so he decided to become a worker, to be close to the horses that he admired so well
Info about their horse - Fairen is an american horse, deep gray in color with bright brown eyes. It is horse built for speed, able to travel at a high speed, and it suits Yotoi very well. They can bicker once in a while ,leading to Yotoi falling face first.
Quote:
Username - DTSerendipityV4
Character's name - Blysse Kaine
Age - 16
Gender - female
Looks - knee-length strawberry blonde hair parted on the right side and usually kept in a braid; hazel eyes; fair, but freckled, skin; and 5' 3"
Native or Worker - a potential worker that came after hearing about the ranch from a few of her teachers and schoolmates.
Personality - Blysse has high spirits and rarely is she ever down. She is a happy and calm person and only voices her opinions when she has thoroughly thought all of her choices out.
Bio - She has been in love with horses all of her life and would always read about them in books about horses, but has never been able to go near one because her parents always said it was too dangerous. When she heard about the ranch she was extremely excited and she was able to convince her parents after giving much thought on the pros and cons of coming to the ranch. She has had only dogs in the past, but her family hasn't had the time for her to get another one after the last passed away of old age, but she was still hopeful. After hearing about raising and training you own horse at the ranch, she decided that it would be better to have the horse than the dog; which, in turn, helped her convince her parents even more to let her go.
Info about their horse - Since she only has just arrived, Blysse does not have a horse of her own or one on loan yet, but she was amazed and wide eyed at the beautiful horses that she saw there already.

Last edited by MissDifferent; 08-22-2011 at 08:38 PM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM

~~
Lucy leaned back up against the wooden fence, tilted her head up towards the sun, eyes closed, smiling.
It was a bright and sunny day, the air was crisp, neither humid nor arid, and Lucile Mae was ready to take on the world!
Or the chicken coup at least.
She took one last deep breath of the fresh air, and then skipped over to the coup to get the morning's eggs. The coup was a rather small wooden structure, as they only needed as many eggs as they would eat.
She hurried through the coop, putting the eggs in the basket, being careful not to break them, and then went inside the main house to give them to Auntie so that she could prepare breakfast.

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM

(We'll get the new herd introduced after there are 5 characters.Also, this is gonna be a slow-ish paced rp. Sorry for the late post by the way ^_^')
Iris woke pretty early every morning and was already heading out to get Crackerjack. The herd that was bred on the ranch had to be brought in for the vet's visit today. Dahlia, however wasn't in that herd. The black filly was in the stables across the isle from where Crackerjack usually was. The two horses were her loves in life and i she lost either of them, she'd be incredibly upset.
On her way to the stables, she saw Lucy on the way to the chicken coop. "Hey there Lucy. Not gonna join the morning round-up?" She asked

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 08-15-2011, 03:38 PM

((whoops, sorry I thought I'd replied a long time ago >.<))
Lucy shrugged.
"Nah, still got lots of chores to be done." She said, smiling to greet her old friend, "Auntie and Uncle are going to the town meeting today, so I got to make sure I have something to eat and everything else gets done while they're getting ready." She said, patting her basket.
"How's Dahlia and Crackerjack doing?"

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM

(Haha it's all good)
"Ahh yeah. I might stop by after getting the herd and get something to eat. I rush to get your food" Iris joked. "You'll be missing out though. Seeing those animals running first thing in the morning - Nothing like it. Crackerjack loves it too. You can tell in his energy. It's the only thing I can do to get him calm by lunch!" She added laughing at the behaviour of the dark bay gelding. "Dahlia is literally like the opposite of him. You know, you really should pick one of the foals due this year." The brunette said to her friend. On this ranch it was important to have a horse to ride at some point. You'd be more useful that way.

DTSerendipityV4
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-21-2011, 12:39 AM

Blysse Kaine looks out the front passenger window of her dad's white pickup and sighs. She looks back inside at her small cell that her parent's got her for emergencies when she was nine years old because they worried so much for her safety. When she looked out the window again because she heard the change of the road she gasped in excitement at the beauty she saw there. Her dad finally stopped and she huridly got out of the truck, grabbing her two medium suitcases that had what she needed in there for her knew life. As she went to where she heard voices, her dad, as usual, only waited long enough for her to be out of his sights before leaving, even though she still saw him, or his truck at least.

Finally locating the voices, and who they belong too, she went over to where they were. "Hello. My name is Blysse Kain, but you can call me Blysse if you like," said Blysse as she holds out her hand to the older looking of the two. "I had recently applied to become a worker here and I was wondering what I should do." As whenever she meets new people, she shows them a moderate smile that would only get larger when she knows them better, and she was certain that her western outfit that she wore on occasions was the right choice for her to wear her first day there.

(what and how I write will get better the more I write.)

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM

Iris looked over to see someone new an smiled. She shook the girl's hand and then spoke in reply. "Hey there Blysse. How are your riding skills? If you can ride, you can tag along with me and I'll show you what things are like in the mornings. We have to bring in the herd, but if you can't ride, you can stick around here and help Lucy with the chores." She said, explaining the general idea of the morning chaos that happened every morning.
From the barn, Iris could her the very distinct sound of Crackerjack whinnying and fussing about. It was obvious that the bay horse wanted to get out and run, but he also knew that he couldn't until his rider got there. The gelding could be a real sweetie to those that he knew well, but to strangers, he was like a ferocious, wild horse. He was like this most likely because he wanted to protect his herd which was those he knew. It wasn't uncommon for newcomers to walk away from him with an injury if they tried to communicate with him while Iris was not there. Dahlia, on the other hand, was the complete opposite.

DTSerendipityV4
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 AM

Blysse shook the hand of the girl with the short light brown hair firmly for a couple of seconds and then let go. "Well, my parents would never let me ride them, much less own one. The only animals that I have ever had are dogs. I do know about horses though because I would, and do, read about them in the nonfiction books about them, since I love horses so much." She was smiling brightly, but her showed a speck of sadness in them that most people would never see, except those who would stalk her. Luckily she never had one and she hopes to never have one. "I think it would be best for me to help, Lucy was it?, out with the chores, although she will have to tell me what to do. Do not worry though, I am able to catch on quickly. Oh, and another thing. Where should I keep my stuff for now until I get a place to sleep, unless of course you have a place here on the ranch that I can stay?"