Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Oooh, I see. No, I haven't heard of that one either... lol I don't think we have the same brands as over there, plus I've never had to use them.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 08-12-2011, 06:26 AM

Where are you?

Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 AM

New Zealand :3

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

I wouldn't know what brands you have. You're lucky you've never even had to look for one, though! I've always had cramps, but my symptoms got progressively worse over the years. They're now pretty regular and I know what to expect, and have actually calmed down slightly, but they are still no fun.

Bound Birdie

OOOOH *envy* I hear it's beautiful there. They sure made it look amazing in LOTR XD

have you ever tried taking birth control for them? I had ones like that before but now mine are next to nothing

Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 AM

lol xD Yeah, the scenery is really amazing. I love LOTR!!! :D I've never been to the places that they filmed though. It was mostly in the north island...

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 06:29 AM

How many islands are there?
I do to, I really wish I was elven... there homes and clothing and everything was so beautiful.

Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 AM

Yeah, I was slightly obsessed with equiping all my avatars with elven ears at one stage... lol

Only two. North and South. I'm in the south.

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 AM

@Birdie: I have not. I am a little afraid of birth control, to tell you the truth. I've heard that in some cases (when the gyno gives you the wrong dose, or a bad brand) your skin can break out severely. I have enough skin problems and I just recently got most of my acne issues to clear up, so I haven't tried it yet. I will eventually, I suppose.

@Oriana: All of my avatars have had elven ears. This will never change. :lol:

Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM

I'm still having issues with my acne... Busy taking some sort of anti-biotic, which is helping, sort of, but my arms and back still have acne D:

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Have you ever heard of something called "glycerine soap"? I mix it with a body wash that contains salicylic acid and it has practically cured my back acne.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 AM

Are they really different? I bet where you live there's equally amazing stuff!

Don't be scared be educated >.< Birth control can be daunting to figure out but I've never had a bad doctor with it. I think a lot of problems come with people forgetting when they take it and such and I wouldn't recommend depo but birth control worked for me.

The only think that has ever cleared my face completely is BBcream XD

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM

I have never really had any acne issues with my face. It's all my back, which is almost completely cleared now, thank God, after six years.

I have a lot of issues with putting chemicals into my body. I will suffer through almost all of my pain, etc, without drugs if I can. I'll definitely spend a lot of time researching birth control when I have a need to again. :lol: No bf = no need.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 06:47 AM

Hmm I can give or take meds, depending. Working where I do I see the best and worse from it.... of the addicts of prescription drugs o.O but the "ring" :yes: I'll still use it even when Russ's gone through with "it". It's the best in my trail and errors XD but then again I needed something kinda "idiot proof" XD

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 06:54 AM

I had a tooth pulled once, was given Vicodin, and didn't even touch it. I have an extremely high pain tolerance for the most part.

You should at least use it for a few months after he gets the procedure done. A lot of dipshitted people get pregnant after a man's gotten a vasectomy because they don't realize it takes a couple of months for it to fully kick in and heal.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 AM

they said 3 months of 15 uh goes. But that either way he has to go back and they are going to check to make sure before I trust anything o.O
yeah I haven't needed anything like that in a long time, I don't take cold meds or anything either just lots of OJ and sleep XD but people will FREAK sometimes if you don't give them there pills... and some of them it's not even anything they NEED, the people that really need them never through a fit if were out, which I don't understand

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Oh, FINALLY, somebody intelligent enough to listen to their doctors. Lol.

I haven't taken any cold medicine in a couple of years. Not since I was a model in this fashion show and I was coming down with the damned flu the day before. >.> When I get a cold I down a glass or two of pomegranate juice. Does wonders. Makes it so you can breath (at least I can) for two hours after I drink it.

I've heard tell that doctors will usually give their patients the medicine they ask for just to shut them up so long as they know it won't harm them in any way. The people that whine for medicine usually tend to be either addicts (obviously) or...hmm...not sure how to explain the concept...people who think that they can't get better without an insta cure....people that are afraid of death, perhaps. Is what I'm thinking. Very nervous people is my best explanation.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Oh I know.... I know. I think some are just hypochondriacs to, and yes there are a million people out there that think a pill should fix it. o.O It's not going to! It can only treat the symptoms have the time. there's no money in curing things quickly.
Oh pomegranate is great, I love it anytime. Cranberry can be good if you sick to, but it's way to bitter for me XP
Oh wow you did fashion modeling? My Applause I could never do that. I can be a moron in front of the camera and still get paid, but Fashion, you have to be so serious.

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM

I was just a model for prom dresses in a benefit fashion show for my school. :yes: But I was really excited to do it, and I couldn't believe that that was when I was getting sick after having nothing for two years! It was all the stress that did me in. Stress is the only thing that makes me vulnerable to any kind of sickness.

I love to model, though. I would have to do it for friends and such, however, because I have a voluptuous body...which I love, btw, but high fashion doesn't like that. I'm only a size 8/10 in women's, but that's considered "plus size" in the magazines I read.

I get uber pissed about that...

Yup. There is no money in cures, which is why cancer will be around for a good long time yet...that and easily curable skin diseases like psoriasis, etc.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Psssh I do alt modeling and in that world anything is beautiful as long as your willing to rock it XD I'm very "plus size" curvy but that is photography, they just want something with attitude. I think you could really do well as a model. But yeah fashion is a whole different animal XD
planes get me every time. I'm rarely sick but give me one hour on a plane o.O I think vertigo some how upsets my immune system as well as my stomach.

honestly that fact that helping people is a "for profit" business is disgusting... that and insurance that doesn't do crap for people.... I really wish America would work on those problems instead of feeding off of them

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 AM

How did you get into the alt modelling scene? I would love to sneak in there myself a little bit. I would kill to model clothing, or do photo shoots in the style of Burberry's more creative stuff (which I can't find pictures of) lol. Anything, really. I just love the atmosphere.

I have actually never been on a plane. My family is that awkward size of three people. It's almost always cheaper for us to drive everywhere.

I don't think it's just America that is so bad with medicine. I mean...it's not like the rest of the world is curing anything, either. I did, however, see a practical cure for skin burns a month ago. At least other countries have good healthcare, though. I feel extremely guilty if I get sick because medical care of any form costs so much money despite the fact that my family has hospital insurance thanks to my mother.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Mmmm Most of my work comes from a site called "Model Mayhem" There are a lot of amazing people on there to work with. Every single will ask you if your willing to take off your clothes. o.O there a alot of them that are perves.

Be glad, planes SUCK and security and crowds suck even more

Yeah at lest Canada everything is free, and they seem to be doing just as well as us. I hear the french have an amazing system (and a four day work week) but then again it's not like I've actually expericnced it either. I think as health care gets mandated to be free though, they may finally start curing things, when they won't have the money to just keep treating it forever, We may see.
I get it from my work but it's still crappy and they can still choose to deny you things on occasion because of something stupid. I just think insurance is a scam in general though.
Are you going to be on much longer Ely?

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 08:32 AM

I think that goes with the model industry, and I have heard of that site, come to think of it.

I have seen enough horror stories about planes to keep me off them eternally if I were a scaredy cat like that.

The thing about the countries with free health care is you pay out the ass for taxes. It depends on if you care about that or not. I would personally pay the taxes for immediate and non-rejectable health insurance.

I am going to be on for a little while longer. I am writing a post for the blog in my signature, and I'm planning on redesigning it, as well...so probably another half hour to forty five minutes before I leave.

Bound Birdie

Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 AM

oh wow I can't stay up that much longer, I may not be on to much tomorrow either.

yeah they can be safe... there just more aggravating. but yes if anything in that minuscule chance that something might, you are pretty doomed....

I feel like I'm going to have to pay them anyway, might as well put the money to good use! Instead of crap like minting PENNIES... o.O at a third of the worth of the metal in them.... I just feel like our democracy is a lie, or else I wouldn't be paying for crap like that.

Did I see you live in CO? I was raised in Longmont, just outside Boulder

ElysiumFate

Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Go on to bed, then. :) I just haven't written that thing for awhile and I need the emotional release I get from it.

Omg. Pennies. Let's not get into a discussion on that silliness. >.>

*cough* I lived in Longmont until I was 13. :yes: Born in Boulder. :)