InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-28-2011, 11:38 PM

It's A Dark World...
...And that's the truth. The world is now literally devoid of sunlight. Something, (or someone) has blotted out all natural light.
Backstory:
When everything first went black, scientists rushed to figure out what was going on. The governments of the world urged people to stay calm. And those people listened. They waited in their houses for the day that the cause of the darkness would be revealed. But that day never came.
From the darkness, new life sprouted. Awful, vicious creatures crawled from their shadowed crevices within the earth. They made short work of those foolish enough to wait in their homes.
With so many dead, the world fell into chaotic anarchy. Those who would thrive in a world not pierced by light, did so by ripping what they needed from the lifeless bodies of their victims.

Character profiles:
Name:
Appearance: (This, obviously, will be very limited. Don't say something like "Eyes that sparkle with the glow of youth." Remember: It's dark. Nobody can see your sparkly eyes. Keep it limited to: hair and eye color, height, physical build, etc.)
Items: (nobody lives at home anymore. Stuff that could fit into a backpack or travel bag)
Abilities: (Past jobs, military or otherwise, that make your character somewhat useful. No, tying a cherry stem into a knot with your tongue is NOT an ability. *Though it is pretty cool)
Mental state: (Humanity grew up in the light. Now, without it, things that were once stable may be a little rickety. Hopefully avoid the "Bat shit insane" level and more of "Strange quirkiness" kind of thing)
*If you feel like it,
A Bio: (first person, describing what you've done in the year that the world has been dark.)
PM Character profiles to me. Don't post until I give the go ahead

Rules:
1. Profanities permitted within reason. Remember, this ain't Armageddon, so don't go dropping F bombs on everyone.
2. Literacy. Know the difference between "your" and "you're" and everything should be okay. (semi-lit to lit)
3. Romance PG-13
4. No Godmod or auto hit. If you wanna punch someone, lead up to it like so "... His fist whistles through the air towards <so and so>." if the person wants to get hit, they'll enter in what happens after your fist smashes their face. Please remember that you can't dodge every attack always.
5. As for the length, 3-5 sentence minimum. Hopefully longer though.
6. The usual menewsha rules that I haven't specified.
7. Have fun. It's the apocalypse after all.
8. Oh yeah, respond frequently. I know it might be hard, but try to get a post in every other day or so. If you have to go for more that three days, PM me or someone else to play your character.

Other senseless information that's kinda important:
There are still quite a few people alive.
There aren't huge swarms of monsters, Unless you're near a nest.
Though there are a few, most civilizations are completely destroyed.
There are no documented breeds of monster. IE, you can make up a monter's appearance as you see fit.
Lights, matches and batteries are quite valuable. Some people might steal them, others might trade food for them.
Nobody drives cars anymore. It's a dead giveaway for bandits and monsters.
Majority of plant life is dead.

Yeah, I guess that's it. PM me if you have questions, or if I left anything out.

InsiDoubt
Name: Blake Abdon
Appearance: Dark brown hair, about 5' 9". Black eyes, medium build.
Items: Flashlight, Marlboro cigarettes, lighter, Bretta with no ammo, large bowie knife.
Abilities: Avarage civilian. Always been kind of an anarchist. Trained himself to shoot and use a knife in combat situations.
Mental state: Sane for the most part, but completely irrational when it comes to cigarettes
Bio: I always knew the government was full of shit. I didn't trust 'em for a minute when they said to stay at home. I got my survival pack and Bretta and went underground for a while. When I got back out the situation was better than I'd hoped: TOTAL ANARCHY! I've mostly just wandered around since then. Seen a few nutty things out there in that time... Hey, you got a cigarette?

Last edited by InsiDoubt; 06-01-2011 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Didn't include MY character profile.