JellybeanInc
Sorry, we're all out of green

Old 12-29-2009, 05:44 AM

[IMGleft]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Love_Hurts_Moi/071205-abandoned-city.jpg[/IMGleft]

:: Catacomb City::

::History::

In 2010, humans discovered a group of about 100 belligerent vampires and werewolves. Because the huamns did not know how the monsters would react to them, they were captured and locked up in an institute in the middle of the city. The security was high and no one without the right clearance would get anywhere within the institute. But somehow a Vampire convinced a member of the team to let them all go. The ensuing slaughter was horrible. Surrounding cities erected barricades to stop the vampires and werewolves from crossing into their own cities. Surviving humans were urged to find shelter wherever they could, but eventually even they were found. The city lay deserted safe for six teenage friends that had hidden away in the catacombs of the city. As time passed these six friends mapped out the entire underground tunnel system, effectively evading the Vampires and Werewolves as they ravaged the city above them. As the weeks went by they were running out of food and water and realized they would have to go to the surface eventually to restock on supplies, or die in the Catacombs. But after all this time, exactly how safe is the world above.....?

(story original idea of Magpie89 and Me)

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 12-29-2009 at 06:37 AM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 AM

:: Rules ::

1. Follow all Menewsha ToS and Rules.
2. No godmodding.
3. Keep things PG-16. No sexually explicit content allowed. As if you didn't know that already.
4. You can only have 2 characters at one time.
5. Please use the form below and send your Character Profiles to me; Labeled Catacombs. That way the thread looks cleaner.
6. You can fight, but don't let it get out of control.
7. You may not kill another character, unless you have permission to do so from the other user and I have been notified.
8. Please do your best to be literate. Mistakes and writers block happen to everyone but please put some effort into your posts.
9. If you do not want to be apart of the RP anymore, please PM me.
10. If you are going to be gone for awhile, please let us and the others know.
11. Last but not least, Have fun! ^^

I reserve the right to remove you from the RP if you haven't posted at least 2 times a week, unless you have already told me you will be gone for a while.

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 12-29-2009 at 06:01 AM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 06:07 AM

:: Character Profiles::

For Girls
Code:
User Name:
My Name:
My Age:
My Race: (Werewolf, Vampire, Human)
My Sexuality:
My History: (At least 4 sentences)
My Appearance:

For Boys
Code:
User Name:
My Name:
My Age:
My Race: (Werewolf, Vampire, Human)
My Sexuality:
My History: (At least 4 sentences)
My Appearance:

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 12-29-2009 at 07:07 AM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 06:28 AM

:: Characters ::

::Humans::
Username: JellybeanInc
Name: Ruby Barzetti
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
History: Ruby lived with her older sister in the city while they both attended college; Ruby being a freshman. They were both out of town visiting their parents when the Vamps and Were's broke out of the institute. By the time they came back most of the city's population was already dead. They drove to Aruna's house as it was the closest one to them. When they arrived Ruby's sister told her to wait inside the house and that she would be right back. Ruby never saw her sister again.
Appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie89

User Name: Magpie89
My Name: Aruna Lee Louis
My Age: 17
My Race: Human
My Sexuality: Straight
My History: Aruna's mother owned a bakery on the corner of Pine Street and she was helping her mother clean out the ovens in the back storage area when it happened. When the werewolves and vampires broke loose, they attacked her mother, who was outside cleaning the windows of the shop. Aruna hid in a storage closet they were gone and a few minutes later, she heard footsteps walk over to the closet where she was hiding and Ruby opened the door. They both ran to Aruna's backyard where her and her friends had discovered an opening to the catacombs. They both quickly slipped into the small hole without being seen or smelt by the vampires and werewolves.
My Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanidar
User Name: Vanidar
My Name: Tawny Vocelli (Vo-chel-ee)
My Age: 19
My Sexuality: Bi but leans toward boys
My History: Raised as the daughter of a scientist, Tawny was always somewhat ostracized because she was labeled as the 'weird girl. When her father became one of the men to to lock up the vampires and werewolves she was further ostracized. She lived in comfortable solitude and found solace in her books and music (she self-taught herself to play a plethora of instruments) for many years like this, until the breakout. Her father was one of the first killed and her mother shortly after; the woman had been working in the institute when the breakout had occured. Tawny went underground with some of the others and it wasn't long before she fit in nicely. Everyone began to see usefulness in the 'weird kids' odd knowledge. She has helped them survive in the catacombs. Even still, Tawny's escape is music. She has kept her piccolo with her all this time in the tunnels. She's kept it clean and in perfect working order for when she needs to just get away.
My Appearance: Rather than pink, her hair is black. Her bag is actually a nearly black, hunter green. Clothes aren't always black but are nearly always (she has other colors too, dark green, dark blue, scarlet... no bright colors). She always wears a pair of fingerless gloves, mess/ fishnet material on the back but opaque palms.
See me as I am... I am the weird girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya
User Name:Aoi Kazuya
My Name:Raito Kumina
My Age:18
My Race:Human
My Sexuality:Bi
My History:Raito used to like going exploring by himself, to escape everything because since his sexuality wasn't exactly...straight...the other teens ostrasized him. That was fine with him. That was what he was doing when the breakout happened. He was really close to the institution where the vampires and werewolves were being kept and had heard the screams of the dying. They haunt his dreams, waking or asleep now. He somehow managed to get away and into the catacombs without being discovered and met the girls when they entered as well. He had his mp3 with him and tends to lose himself in music most of the time. Nobody knows but he sustained some injuries from the breakout which he keeps covered with bandages and of course wears a hoodie most of the time to cover those.
My Appearance:Linked for large image size
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Lebeau
User Name: Cassidy Lebeau
My Name: Sirius Allen
My History: Sirius was a well-known troublemaker in his town before the attack on humans. He was at a gas station, trying to steal a pack of cigarettes, when a werewolf burst through the window of the store and killed the clerk who was working the counter. Sirius took this opportunity to slip into the bathroom and climb out of the window in order to escape. He ran a couple of blocks and hopped a fence to get away from it, but when he turned around he saw a few other people, who he assumed to be survivors. It was from there, he stuck with them.
My Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13althazar
User Name:13althazar
My Name:Balthazar Ray
My Age:19
My History: Raised since he was young jumping from foster home to foster home, he has never felt like he really had anyone, always feeling alone. He never was able to comunicate well with people, dropping out of highschool as a senior just before it all happened. He hid in an abandoned building, on the edge of town. After a few days he was able to get to the catacombs. though unsure who else was down there.

My Appearance: Linked for large image size

::Vampire::
User Name: JellybeanInc
My Name: Belle Noir
My Age: 423
My Race: Vampire
My History: Belle came from a peasant family in the south of France. She worked hard as a laundress to keep food on her family's table. When a mysterious man moved into the large mansion down the lane she couldn't help but be curious and went to work as a kitchen aid. One night while walking home she was stopped by the coach of the Master of the mansion,who told her he would be happy to give her a ride to her home as the night was dangerous for a young girl like herself. That was the night her fate was sealed. Once he turned her he took her in for several decades while he showed her how to be a vampire. Together the traveled through Europe, tricking many aristocrats and gaining large amounts of wealth. She was traveling by herself through American when she heard from a group of vamps that a meeting would be held in a warehouse. She followed them so she could write home to her creator and was instead confined to the Institute instead.
My Appearance: Belle...linked because of picture size

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomythebear
User Name: gloomythebear
My Name: Lilith
My History: lilith was raised around a sunny beach. her mother never let her go outside though. lilith has loved the water ever since. when she was set free she looked for her mother but couldnt find her because she ended up dying in containment. now she has a deep hatred for all human beings.
My Appearance: lilith always wears her mothers amythest necklace around her neck for safe keeping. her eyes are always a deep royal blue. she wears her eyeliner very dark and thick. she has a tight black tank top and a short pair of denim shorts with a black pentagram on each of the back pockets. lilith's hair is wavy, bleach blonde and reaches down almost to her waist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie89
User Name: Magpie89
My Name: Adrien Marcell
My Age: 425 (Changed when he was 21)
My History: Adrien was a simple groundskeeper when he was talked into helping blow up the English Parliament by Guy Fawkes. After months of planning their plot was uncovered at the last moment and in the struggle that ensued between their group and the guards he was shot in the shoulder, the bullet hitting a major artery. He was able to drag himself way from the fight and sat propped up in an ally, slowly dying when a Vampire dressed as a peasant woman came across him. When she saw his face she decided that she wanted to keep him and dragged him further into the shadows so she could turn him. He lived with her for the first decade of his new life but grew bored with the life of a peasant and left her with a new toy to amuse herself with. He traveled across Europe for a while, before becoming bored there and getting on the next ship to the Americas. For centuries he traveled from one wealthy family home to the next establishing himself as the night guard of the house only to steal family jewels and silver.
When the Vampires and Werewolves were captured he faded into the background so he wouldn't be caught himself and only emerged again when the creatures of the night overwhelmed the humans.
My Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka-chan
User Name:Maka-Chan
My Name:Shinku Imari Koshibo
My Age:17
My Race:Vampire
My Sexuality:Female
My History:Shinku was in an accident when she was 6 years old she doesn't remember what kind of accident but when she was in the accident she died along with her family there was no possible way that anyone could've survived the accident.when the doctors and cops arrived one doctor was a vampire and bit her in order to save her life.When he bit her he made her into a full blood vampire.As she was bitten he had saved her life though after the accident she began living her life in an orphanage.the orphanage had a school and a place to sleep.she lived there until the age she is now.
My Appearance

::Werewolf::

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 04-17-2010 at 07:20 AM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 AM

Reserved in case the Character sheet needs to be split.

Otherwise I declare this RP OPEN!

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 AM

Ruby sat on a rock in the Catacombs, flipping idly through one of the books she had managed to bring down into the tunnels with her but not really reading it. She and her other friends were supposed to have a meeting about the upcoming mission to the surface; their first trip for supplies since they had gone into hiding. The words on the pages before her blurred together a little bit as her mind drifted through all the horrible scenarios that could possibly happen; most of them ended up in the death of all of them.
"I hope the others come here soon," she muttered to herself. "We need to get this over with before the Werewolf and Vampire roaming times overlap."

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 12-29-2009 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: cause Magpie is a brat and made me change colors

Magpie89
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 AM

Aruna let her fingers lightly graze the cold walls of the catacombs as she walked. She was on her way to meeting her friends so they could talk about going back up the the city. She shivered at the thought. Thinking about the ravenous creatures above them. She wasn't looking forward to it, but she knew they would die anyway if they didn't go to get food.

She finally reached the spot where the had agreed to meet and smiled at Ruby as she sat next to her on the rock. "Hey." She said to her, shifting on the rock, trying to find a comfortable position but failing.

((I have to go. But I'll be sure to post as much as I can tomorrow. Bye bye!))

Last edited by Magpie89; 12-29-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Vanidar
On short term hiatus. Be back wh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 AM

"Worried? You seem antsy." Tawny had materialized very near beside Ruby as if out of thin air; she walked very quietly even in the echoing tunnels. She had on her normal clothing:black bondage pants a fitted, hooded thermal shirt. She'd cut the sleeves from this particular one and her pale, but strong, arms could be seen all the way to the shoulder. She nodded at the other girl as a means of greeting. She didn't sit like the other girls there, she preferred to stand when planning. It gave her better thoughts she liked to say.

((D: Short first post >_<))

Last edited by Vanidar; 12-29-2009 at 07:01 AM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 AM

"Hey," Ruby said to Aruna with a small smile and began picking at her shirt. "I was starting to think that people weren't going to show up for some reason. You know me with my over active imagination." She jumped a little when Tawny suddenly just appeared. Sometimes the stay thought occurred to her that her strange friend might be a vampire but she knew that was silly.

"Hey Tawny. Yeah. I'm a little worried. We're going above ground after all. You seem very...calm."

Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 07:14 AM

"I see no point in getting worried. The more I worry the better chance I stand of making mistakes." She shrugged. "There will be light for a few more hours yet..." She peered down at the solar panel watch that her mom had given her in what seemed like another lifetime. "3 hours and 41 minutes to be precise. You all," She said, addressing Ruby and Aruna,"Need to take your list and get what you can in that time. We're going to split up I'd say. To hell with that whole 'safety in numbers' thing. There was no safety for the institution employees and there will be no safety for us." She peered around then sighed.

She looked back at the other two girls. "If anyone else shows up, share the knowledge. I'm going to go see if I can rustle anyone else up. We need to leave here within 15 minutes though. That will give us enough time to do what we need to and be able to go come back down." With this Tawny seemed to sink into the shadows of a nearby tunnel entrance. Her footsteps made no sound.

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 07:21 AM

Ruby was about to argue with Tawny about splitting up when the other girl was gone. She pursed her lips together and rubbed at her eyes. "She has a point I suppose," she muttered more to herself then to Aruna. "When we split up we'll be smaller targets. Smaller targets equal a larger chance of survival. I still don't like the idea though." She sighed and smiled at Aruna. "I suppose you had better go make your list. I'll stay here or the time being and wait until the others show up." Ruby grinned as her friend walked off uncertainly and then went to retrieve the book she had thrown away. The last few pages were blank and she used one of them to make a short list with the bookmark pen she had stuck between the pages.

Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 AM

((Au revoir and de rien my friend :3 I'll be back on tomorrow G'night))

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM

(( Good night Venidar. Sleep well.))

gloomythebear
i would rather be hated for who ...

Old 12-29-2009, 09:02 AM

Lilith woke up from her nice sleep and rubbed her eyes looking as tired as she still felt. she got up from her bed which used to be a human girls, but lilith easily took care of that girl. she licked her lips at the yummy memory. she stretched for awile and yawned. "im huuungry..." she murmered to herself. so lilith walked around outside for awile in search for some nice blood banks around town. though she prefered from the tap, but no human was stupid enough to walk around freely nowadays...

(( wont be on tomorrow, sorry ))

Magpie89
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Aruna turned to leave but turned back around and faced Ruby. "You don't happen to have something I could make a list with, do you? I was in a bit of a hurry when I came down here, so I forgot to grab my art kit." She said sarcastically. She knew Tawny was right, but she didn't see the point in making a list. She thought they should just grab all the supplies that they could carry and leave, since they only had 15 minutes.

Last edited by Magpie89; 12-29-2009 at 08:44 PM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Ruby looked up and nodded. "Yeah, here you can have one of the back pages of my book," she said, tearing a page loose and waving it around like a flag. "You'll have to wait until I'm done with my pen though, unless you have one yourself somewhere.
"By the way, do you know if all of us have a backpack or something to store stuff in? I mean I have mine but it won't carry everyone's stuff." She looked down at her paper in thought and drew a little stick figure cat on it. With a giggle she showed it to Aruna. "Getting a cat down here shouldn't be a problem, right?" she asked with a grin.

Magpie89
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 PM

Aruna shook her head. "I'll just wait until you're finished using it." She chewed her lip for a few seconds. "I have my backpack and I think Tawny has hers, but I'm not sure about everyone else." She sat next to Ruby again and giggled. "I hope not. I love cats." She said with a smile.

Aruna sat for awhile and realized that five minutes had already gone by. "Um, why don't we just skip the list?" She asked. "We're wasting time that we should be using to pack."

Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM

Tawny chose that moment to reappear, once again behind Ruby. "No animals. You know we don't have the supplies to keep one." She was thinking of her own cats that'd she'd had to leave behind. Magick and Mystery. She sighed and shook her head. "Everyone got their lists? We need to get going soon and we won't be gone long enough to need to pack. Our bags need to be completely empty to hold as much supplies as possible."

She hadn't found anyone else in the few tunnels that she'd checked, but she had gone to one of the tunnel exits. She had peered around and from what she could see in the space that she'd opened it, the coast was clear for them to go out.

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Ruby finished writing her list and handed the pen to her friend. "True. But what should be pack on a supply trip? Isn't the purpose of that to bring stuff back, not take stuff with?" The more she looked at the little kitty drawing the more she smiled. "I'm so bringing a cat back if I find one," she said without much enthusiasm; she knew she wouldn't be able to keep a cat down in the tunnels. Her head jerked up as she heard a strange noise over head and she held her breath as her hand shot out to grab Aruna's for assurance.

Last edited by JellybeanInc; 12-29-2009 at 10:14 PM..

Magpie89
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM

Aruna nodded. "But we might end up staying up there for a while. So we should at least pack the last few bottles of water." She paused as Ruby grabbed her hand. She heard a scraping sound coming from above them and her eyes widened. She stood on top of the huge rock that Ruby was sitting on and tried to get closer to the noise. "It sounds like claws." She whispered. She stood on her tip-toes and put a hand around her ear to try and hear better. After a few second the noise stopped and she relaxed a bit. "I guess the were just digging ar-" She gasped when she heard a loud bang and almost fell over, but caught herself on the wall next to the rock.

Aruna turned to Tawny. "We should grab a few bottles of water and leave. We can just use your list and Ruby's." Se took Ruby's elbow and helped her off the rock. More noises came from above them and Aruna flinched.

Last edited by Magpie89; 12-29-2009 at 10:10 PM..

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM

((Whoop, sorry about that Vandir, you posted right before I noticed it.))

Ruby clenched her hand around Aruna's when the scratching turned into banging. "God, I hate it when they do that. It always makes me think that they're digging right through and will show up at any moment." She shuddered at the thought and let go of her friends hand when her knuckles turned white. "Sorry about that," she said in a small whisper. She looked at Tawny and nodded. "I know that we can't have animals down here, it was just a fanciful though. It's an amazing picture though, isn't it?" she asked with a grin showing the other girl the stick figure; she was trying her best to lighten the mood.
"Are you sure the coast is clear?" she asked staring pointedly at the ceiling. "We'll have to use one of the far back exits in that case."

Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 10:27 PM

"If you want to take a couple bottles of water that'd be fine. We need to get some more while we're up... if we can find any that is." Tawny bit her lip, she'd heard the noises too but she refused to let herself get scared. "Ok... um... since you don't want to make a list... you go with Ruby. I'll go out a different exit and get water. The vampires won't have any so I'll check out one of the werewolf haunts. I'll get whatever other supplies I can and you guys get whatever you can. Food would be ver ver nice." Without a word of departure she turned and exited down another tunnel. She didn't want the others to see her face and hoped she'd turned around before they had.

JellybeanInc

Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Ruby raised her hand in farewell but Tawny was already gone. She took a deep breath and nodded. "Right then, let's get our back packs. Two bottles of water for each of us should be okay, right?" She started walking towards her and Aruna's "room". It really wasn't much more then a smaller circular room that they had divided with a curtain hung up at the entrance; there were three more rooms just like theirs. She grabbed her bag and handed Aruna's her's. "So I was thinking that we should try to locate a grocery store somewhere. Grad as many canned items and dried goods as we can and some water and head out of there," she explained, her voice shaky. She picked up the kitchen knife she had grabbed before going underground and tucked it into the open outer pocket of her backpack. She knew it wouldn't save her, but it was a reassuring thing to have around.

Magpie89
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 PM

"Be safe." Aruna said to Tawny before she left. She walked with Ruby and grabbed her two water bottles. "I don't think the stores will have much food anymore. The werewolves most likely raided them already. But I guess we could still try." Aruna took a light jacket out of her backpack and put it on, hoping it wouldn't be too cold outside, and took the pocket knife from the floor next to her bed and shoved it into her pocket.

"Well I'm ready to go. How about you?" She asked Ruby, watching her put a large kitchen knife into her pack.

((I have to go, but I'll be back in an hour or two. Bye! ^^))

Vanidar

Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 PM

Tawny kept walking until she'd reached the exit she'd been loooking from earlier. This was a very dangerous place to exit and a dangerous place in general; the opening to the outside was in the middle of the werewolf 'den' as it was referred. The werewolves occupied this entire area and it was always infested with them. So far the humans had been lucky they hadn't been found.

She took a deep breath and pushed through the things that had been piled in front of the entrance. She opened the tiny door a crack, just wide enough to peer through to check that the room was clear: it was. Letting out her breath in a quiet huff she quickly pushed it the rest of the way open and went through. She shut it behind her quietly and went to the door. Opening it the same way she'd done the other, she pressed her face to the tiny crack and looked around. There was a small gathering of werewolves prowling the other street and she immediately pushed the door to and ducked down. Outside the were's raised their snouts to the air thinking they had smelled the alluring scent of human. They moved on quickly though.

"Now... where would I be if I were water in a werewolf den...?" She whispered nearly silently to herself.