CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 AM

Hello lovelies!

I have a convention coming up on the first of next month and I really need help staying motivated to draw things to sell there. Ideas of what to sell would be great too. ;)

I already have a sketch of Sakura Miku and a sketch of Oliver (another Vocaloid, though less popular) that I need to ink.

My Tumblr Sketchblog also has images of the various stickers and magnets I'm selling, like the Donut Cat and the Cheeseburger Cat and, of course, Poptart Cat.

I think I have sketches of Link from Legend of Zelda and Sesshomaru from InuYasha I can fix up. And I have several pictures of Darkstalkers already done (check for them in the early pages of my Tumblr).

Any suggestions?

PS: This is a thread basically where you tell me what you'd like to see if you were at a convention/what characters you really like. And where you can comment on what I link to to share.

I don't really have the time to draw "gift art" - but I am more likely to draw the characters suggested by the people who stick around, so that would sort of be art in return for conversation and ideas. ;) I may not be able to draw every character suggested before the convention, but in that case, I'll still note them down to draw for my next convention I'll be selling at. :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 AM

List of suggestions goes here.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 AM

I'll try and help :) {Although my advice might turn out to be useless :sweat:}

Are you looking to draw charaacters from a tv show?

If you are you could draw the characters in a very unique outfit. Like if a girl character is usually in shorts and a tank top, draw her in an exquisit ballgown with her hair all "done-up". That way its something you won't find anywhere else and people are more apt to buy their favorite character because its unusual and unique.
That way they'd also brag about their one-of-a-kind art and you'd get publicity

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

I love those cat stickers btw :)

Last edited by fireprincess; 05-23-2012 at 03:14 AM..

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 03:16 AM

CK, all of that looks so cute! I wish I could see your stuff at a convention!
I remember I went to my first convention two months ago and I had to make 150 charms. Whenever I started losing focus I just took a breather and did some exercise or something.

I really like how you drew the Sakura Miku sketch! It's very detailed and well composed! It suits your style. I also think your sticker designs are adorable. :3

Let's see, if I were to suggest anything, maybe some chibi stickers? I mean, if you are okay with chibis. It'd be cute.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 AM

Fireprincess - I'm mostly talking about animation and comics and video games. :) So stuff like Batman, Naruto, and Street Fighter.

Your suggestion of drawing them "out of normal" is a good idea, though. :) Maybe I'll put some characters into kimono. :)

I draw a different sort of "chibi" style, normally. xD Let me see if I can find an example.... Here we go:
Link
Rainbow

It's based on the I Dream of Jeanie opening style meets Bruce Timm style. xD

I can draw normal chibi too, though. It's just more difficult. >_>

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 AM

Whoa Ck - how did I not know you drew? I really love your style O.O

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 05-23-2012, 03:36 AM

I've never actually been to a convention so I have no idea what to suggest. Sorry CK <3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 AM

As for art that goes at a convention - I don't keep up with anime these days so I don't know any new animes - but I know that naruto and bleach characters all go over very well with fans :D Also kingdom hearts art as well.

OH....legend of korra - the new avatar show...I'm pretty sure that would attract some buyers. I see you drew the kitties - maybe draw Pabu the fire ferret and then korra's polar bear dog? Also momo and appa from the original series?

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 AM

Speaking of the Legend of Korra, I'm still on the third episode >>

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 AM

OOh ok lol I gotchya

Would you want to do a couple or a group picture? It'd take longer to draw but it might appeal to a wider variety of people.

Also, I think doing stickers of characters is a good idea. That way the buyer can put it on their phone or something to that effect so they can take it with them wherever they go.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Speaking of the Legend of Korra, I'm still on the third episode >>
OMG it's so gooooood D: But there isn't an episode this saturday - we have to wait until next saturday to see what happens :(

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 AM

I feel lost XP
I have no idea what any of those are :lol: I also have never been to a convention :sweat:
I'm afraid my advice won't be very good

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 AM

Your chibi style is cute! Do you think those would make good stickers? :O
And I like fireprincess' idea of a group picture. And of trending fandoms right now (Korra, maybe Sherlock though it's been a while, etc.) ??

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
OMG it's so gooooood D: But there isn't an episode this saturday - we have to wait until next saturday to see what happens :(
Its on my list of shows to watch. I've just been so busy with work and I kind of got sucked in my Desperate Housewives and I haven't had time. I literally started watching Desperate Housewives on the 7th and I'm currently starting season 6! I need help haha!

CK: I'm sorry I'm not being productive and giving suggestions in here. I hardly even watch anime or cartoons anymore. I don't know popular things for conventions at all.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 AM

I forgot about Sherlock - that is a super trend in my DA messages lately XD

---------- Post added 05-23-2012 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Its on my list of shows to watch. I've just been so busy with work and I kind of got sucked in my Desperate Housewives and I haven't had time. I literally started watching Desperate Housewives on the 7th and I'm currently starting season 6! I need help haha!

CK: I'm sorry I'm not being productive and giving suggestions in here. I hardly even watch anime or cartoons anymore. I don't know popular things for conventions at all.
lol!!! You've watched so much of it already O.O XDDD

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 AM

Can we use live action shows? Because Doctor Who. Just saying.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 AM

The avengers is trending right now too - a lot of people I watch on DA are drawing the avengers characters in anime style XD

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 AM

Yeah. I think there are only 8 seasons. So I'm kind of at the home stretch haha. But now it's summer so I don't have as many shows to keep up with that I can probably catch up on all of my other ones.

The Avengers was AMAZING! I want to see it again. And I'm super excited for Snow White and the Huntsman! :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:49 AM

Yeah I just read that housewives got cancelled this year? I don't really watch it so I'm not sure D:

I looooove the avengers comic books and so I was ecstatic to see a movie with them :D I really enjoyed it! I want to see it again too! I probably will - just have to find a day and time and someone to go with XD

I think I'd be more interested in snow white if the twilight chick wasn't in the movie - I can't get over her one facial expression in ever shot thing going on XD

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 AM

Yeah, this was the last season of Desperate Housewives. Which is cool. I don't know if I could watch more than 8 seasons of that show.

I think a lot of people don't really give Kristen Stewart a lot of credit. Twilight is terrible, but she's actually a good actress when she tries. Indie movies are much more her thing, and I think she knows that. But she got suckered with Twilight. Besides, Snow White is going to be all about the Evil Queen anyways. Charlize Theron will more than make up for what Kristen Stewart does if she does poorly.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 AM

The evil queen looks pretty fantastic! It's just - every shot I see of her is the same facial expression. I feel like Nicolas Cage is the same way XD I don't enjoy his movies at alll D: XDD

I like when shows end themselves before they get to be too much! Sometimes dragging it out is just annoying D:

Seiki Nova

Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 AM

Nicolas Cage and Keanu Reeves are monotonous in everything. I still say give Kristen another shot. From the previews, she looked immensely more focused than anything she's done with Twilight.

And a good show should end while it is still ahead. So long as it's not cancelled prematurely like so many of my favorites : (

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 AM

But in the end, it's up to what you want to do, CK. These are a bunch of things that are popular right now, but you don't have to make stuff for these series if you don't feel good about them.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 AM

I forgot about Keanu Reeves although I enjoy his voice - it's a lovely sound. Harrison Ford and Morgan Freeman have such amazing voices! I love to listen to them talk!

Maybe I'll go see that Snow White movie :D Give her another chance since I would actually enjoy the plot :D

OMG I hate when shows are cancelled and don't get a proper ending. Like when I was in highschool my favorite show was Crossing Jordan. Anyway - the kept announcing the "season finale" and then the day of said, "Oh, this will be our series finale" instead because it's cancelled. So they filmed a different ending...instead of them being trapped in the wilderness with a possible terror plot against Boston...they are rescued in the last second and live happily ever after and just kinda forget the terror plot. I was so mad D:

getting off to eat something - be back in a bit :D

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 AM

Good luck CK! c: Very nice sketches you have !Suggestions? I dunno. >3< My sis is obsessed with Nana? I think that has a pretty strong following. I haven't watched anime in ages. *sad face*