Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 05:51 AM

THE FUCKIN' CAKE.

I've never watched Orange is the New Black.

The 300-sided dice lands on 53

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 05:59 AM

His ass can keep stepping on...I consider a guy having sex with a girl when she is drunk to be a form of rape. Hopefully the judge hands him his ass on a platter. I'll bring the carving knife.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 06:01 AM

I think consent is consent. If you drink and drive, you're held accountable for your actions. Why is it any different if you drink and consent to sex? Unless they took advantage of your drunken state and physically forced you into having sex, regret doesn't mean rape.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:13 AM

I wouldn't personally consider it a form of rape. But that is me and my situation. I can't vouch for other women and their situations.

Anyways. I hadn't seen it either until a friend basically sat me down and told me to watch it a couple weeks ago. We had a binge marathon of it for a couple days on and off. Lol

The 300-sided dice lands on 129

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 07-18-2015, 06:13 AM

Queenie, my eyes are burning out of their sockets, but I PM you later for this stuff !

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 06:14 AM

Or other men and their situations. Its not like men never get drunk and do something they regret.

The 300-sided dice lands on 3

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:15 AM

Wow what a totally interesting avatar mnemosyne ;o

The 300-sided dice lands on 200

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
I think consent is consent. If you drink and drive, you're held accountable for your actions. Why is it any different if you drink and consent to sex? Unless they took advantage of your drunken state and physically forced you into having sex, regret doesn't mean rape.
Here is where I disagree with you on that comparison, Dystopia, having sex and operating a motor vehicle are two totally different things. Getting behind the wheel drunk, buzzed, or otherwise impaired is a conscious will by the person. If they are black out drunk that's on them. People drinking should not have access to a vehicle.

This isn't about "regret," this is about the ABILITY of a person to make the RIGHT choice for themselves. People drinking do NOT make the right choices, whether it's getting behind the wheel of a vehicle or nuding up and going at it with a good friend. Having sex is personal, it's physical, and invasive.

You are right in that consent is consent, but alcohol involvement means that a person doesn't HAVE the ability to consent because they are not within their full faculty of senses to truly know what is happening. As for the ass hats that drink and drive, well they deserve to be punished.

If we could teach our kids responsible drinking and better public transportation, we wouldn't have these kind of issues. Other developed countries don't have this much of an issue.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 07-18-2015, 06:17 AM

Thank you, veno :]

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:20 AM

Dystopia; I don't judge anyone by their choices and actions. Because I wasn't in their situation.

In this case though I have given him plenty of opportunities and he still will have the chance to sign over all his rights and not be held any way, shape, or form responsible for this child.
Which does not mean I wont let him see the child if he wants. BUT then everything would be on my terms and I wouldn't have to jump through hoops if I ever want to move and go through court shit for the next 18 years >.<

mnemosyne; How're you? Are you enjoying the event?

The 300-sided dice lands on 192

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 06:25 AM

And I could argue that someone who's buzzed or drunk isn't able to make the right choice for themselves in regards to whether or not they should be driving.

When people drink, its their responsibility to drink responsibly. No one should get run over because someone else was irresponsible and made the wrong choice to drive. No one should be called a rapist because someone else was irresponsible and made the wrong choice to consent to sex.

There's nothing "special" about sex. I respect that its special to some people, but its not so sacred that I would say its someone else's responsibility to make sure you don't regret what happens after you ask for it.

If you willingly consume anything- drugs or alcohol- that inhibit your judgement, then willingly consent, its regret. Not rape. You don't get to pin this on anyone else, especially by ruining their lives and calling them a rapist.

The 300-sided dice lands on 288

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 AM

I just found out there was an event right before I started posting in here. So as far as I have been able to tell its neat. I'm doing okay though. Really tired and my eyes hurt, though. How are you?

@rape convo. I dunno. This ones a grey area to me because if they were both drunk I don't see how just one could not give consent and I also don't see how people could rape each other. It really does just vary depending on circumstances. D:

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:27 AM

@_@ Did I just inadvertently start a heated debate?

The 300-sided dice lands on 136

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Ewww rapey talk no good.

That Siggy tho! Is that from someone on here?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Queenie, my eyes are burning out of their sockets, but I PM you later for this stuff !
Sounds good, Mimi. Happy to see you here my lovely.
Quote:
Or other men and their situations. Its not like men never get drunk and do something they regret.

The 300-sided dice lands on 248
Guys do have regrets, especially when they have to get a shot in the penis. Which my husband had to witness when one of the guys on the ship didn't wear a rubber in Thailand. Yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
Wow what a totally interesting avatar mnemosyne ;o

The 300-sided dice lands on 180
Mimi has some interesting avatars. She's a talented creator.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 AM

Is possible Veno.

Neph who are you asking? If it is I or Dys then the answer is yes. Mine was Princess katsumi (I have no idea if she is still here) and Dys is Zyne. I think? I THINK. D: -hasnt art stalked in a long time-

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 AM

Hmm speaking of art thread it's been a while since I had one open on here huh...

---------- Post added 07-18-2015 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Is possible Veno.

Neph who are you asking? If it is I or Dys then the answer is yes. Mine was Princess katsumi (I have no idea if she is still here) and Dys is Zyne. I think? I THINK. D: -hasnt art stalked in a long time-
Ahh Thank you. :D Both actually. Cool stuffs.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 07-18-2015, 06:33 AM

arrrts? :D <3

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
And I could argue that someone who's buzzed or drunk isn't able to make the right choice for themselves in regards to whether or not they should be driving.

When people drink, its their responsibility to drink responsibly. No one should get run over because someone else was irresponsible and made the wrong choice to drive. No one should be called a rapist because someone else was irresponsible and made the wrong choice to consent to sex.

There's nothing "special" about sex. I respect that its special to some people, but its not so sacred that I would say its someone else's responsibility to make sure you don't regret what happens after you ask for it.

If you willingly consume anything- drugs or alcohol- that inhibit your judgement, then willingly consent, its regret. Not rape. You don't get to pin this on anyone else, especially by ruining their lives and calling them a rapist.

The 300-sided dice lands on 8
I said that to me, I feel it's a form of rape...didn't say it WAS rape.
If I drink, consent to sex, then pass out in the commission of said sex and the guy continues even though I am no longer awake...does that mean my original consent stands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
@_@ Did I just inadvertently start a heated debate?

The 300-sided dice lands on 83
No worries, just a friendly conversation. And I do consider this a debate, because honestly, I like seeing how everyone else see things. One of those people that likes to see all sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Ewww rapey talk no good.

That Siggy tho! Is that from someone on here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Hmm speaking of art thread it's been a while since I had one open on here huh...

---------- Post added 07-18-2015 at 01:32 AM ----------

Ahh Thank you. :D Both actually. Cool stuffs.
Nephila, get your bony butt out there and create a damn thread.

The 300-sided dice lands on 192

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:43 AM

;D The artsies are quite amazing. <3 I need to look into getting some.

The 300-sided dice lands on 206

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 06:43 AM

@ Veno - There's nothing wrong with having a good discussion! We're all being respectful.

@ Nephie - Ah, this one is from Chikyu. c:

@ Andais - Yeah, but I wasn't talking about STDs. Its not like men would only regret a sexual encounter if it ended with an STD or pregnancy They're no different than women- They can make impaired choices, they can be pressured or manipulated into sexual encounters, or they can be raped.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:45 AM

@Dystopia- I didn't mean anything about it. It's just not something that I intentionally brought up, or want to have a part in.

The 300-sided dice lands on 276

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-18-2015, 06:48 AM

@ Andais - How is it any diffrent to call something a "form of rape" and "rape"?

I would say that as long as they guy stays within the lines of you consent, your consent still stands. I would say he's being rather rude by not stopping, but I wouldn't say he's raping you.

And to clarify what I mean "within the lines of your consent", I'll give you an example. If he were to perhaps "abuse" your body by sexually slapping or whipping you or modify it by piercing or tattooing you, I would consider that- not even rape at this point, but assault.

Also I keep forgetting to roll.

The 300-sided dice lands on 149

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 AM

All right, I will change the topic... Awkward moments in a Wal-Mart check out line... anyone have someone accidentally touch their butt?

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 06:51 AM

I just know that in my situation I wouldn't see it as rape or anything. Just a misfortune event that's leading to a beautiful bundle of joy. Not what I had planned by any means but things happen for a reason.

The 300-sided dice lands on 49