Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-11-2018, 08:48 AM

Sounds nice. :D

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:27 AM

That'll make a difference. My line of work will definitely age me quickly, though. lol Lots of sun.
I beg to differ, lady.

Oh, that makes sense. That's awesome that it's cheap. Hawaii is very expensive, so it costs a lot for people to vacation there. But very beautiful. Those places you mentioned seem really beautiful too.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 AM

The closest we have to something like that in Canada is Vancouver island.

It beautiful, but not in a tropical way. Lots of people go there to see the huge trees and then to take a whale watching cruise. Lot's of Orcas around there. :)

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 PM

@Neph - Yeah it is, now to just get there haha
I'd love to visit canada one day. Sounds like a great country to live in!
One of my old youth teachers married a canadian and moved there. Sounds like she's loving her life lol.

@Su - Least you won't be vitamin D deficient, like i am aright now haha. I have to take supplements. I literally hide from the sun, too hot lol.
Yes i heard it's expensive. But definitely one for the bucket list!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-13-2018, 08:49 AM

@ Neph - That would be amazing to see wild orcas. Sounds like a great experience. Not all vacation places need to be tropic. In fact, my favorite place to go and relax is a place in Idaho in the mountains. Different enviornments all offer somehing different.

@ Roach - Oh shit! I've never heard of someone taking Vit D before. You probably work inside, too, huh? I couldn't get away from the sun if I tried. lol Outside all day and I even ride a bicycle to work and stores and what not. I'm outside more often than inside when the sun is up.

Certainly. Let me know if you ever go for a visit!

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-16-2018, 01:26 AM

Yeah i'm having an operation soon & one of the requirements is my VIT D needs to be normal and it's below average lol. Its just been a really hot summer, and i don't have a summer bod so i hide inside haha.
Yes i have an office job so inside most of the day. Yeah it would be nice to be out a bit more i guess.
I will! Be nice to visit your zoo :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2018, 03:15 AM

I hope it doesn't take you long to recover.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-17-2018, 02:06 AM

Oh dear. I am glad they have supplements for that then. Good luck with your surgery.

That is understandable. It's dreadful being out in the heat during summer. I can't blame you for staying inside. Silly, Roachi, every body is a summer body.

My roommate has an office job, so on her days off she always goes out to do stuff. She doesn't understand why I don't mind staying in and relaxing on my days off, but she forgets that I spend my whole day being active outside for work.

We are a very small zoo, but a nice short visit all the same.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-18-2018, 01:32 AM

@Neph - Its keyhole surgery so 2 weeks they reckon as i have an office job. Thats if, theres no complications.

@Su - Yeah! And thanks :)

Yeah fair enough. I have an office job - but i am happy to be at home most of the time on my off days LOL.
Hermit life haha. Not good for my poor boy lol.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-18-2018, 09:41 AM

Well, that's hard for a little one with severe heat, too. How hot are your summers?
You could always do a beach day. Let him play in the sand and water.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-19-2018, 02:36 AM

Ohh it's okay we have heatpumps which are always on during the summer months. So its always cool in the house.
I'm not mean and keep him cooped up haha. His father takes him out a lot and he goes to kindy 5 days a week. And his grandparents take him out heaps as well.
Not really sure, prob not as hot as everywhere else. But humidity was bad in the nov/dec months. I died over those months haha.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 AM

Ah, electricity is expensive here, so very few people own ACs. We just all use fans, which is going to kill me come summer. I can't sleep when it's hot.

lol I wasn't saying you coop him up, Roach. I mean for you to get sun and he can play at the same time.

Yeah, humidity destroys me. California we have very hot summers (daily 100+ degrees Fahrenheit, and usually about 108), but it's low humidity, so it doesn't really make me sweat so much. But here the humidity is so high, so that even when it is just the mid-80's I'm sweating so much. When I worked in Georgia is was super shitty, because it would be 100F and 100% humidity, and I just wanted to die. At least it doesn't get that hot here.

Utopia
Roachi's Charity

Old 04-20-2018, 01:15 AM

I see. I use a fan in my own room, and yeah that killed me during the hot months.

Oh yeah but i hate the sun hissssss LOL haha <3

Yeah i bet you have some scorchers there!!
Nothing like NZs hot. I guess it's cause i'm just use to it, that i think it's really hot. You probably will think it's perfect lol

---------- Post added 04-20-2018 at 01:16 PM ----------

I want to start a new auction. But is there any people around at the mo?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-21-2018, 09:09 AM

Fans help if you're already covered in sweat. lol

Haha. I love the sun when at the beach. Tanning in a swimsuit and soaking up some much needed sun. But it's difficult to work in when sunny out.

I have a feeling that NZ is a lot like Hawaii. Do you guys get high humidity, too? It seems to average about 60-85F (~15-30C) in Hawaii. I find that to be a very agreeable temperature.

The site has sadly seriously died :( Idk what the hell is up with the staff right now. It's crazy.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-24-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Fans help if you're already covered in sweat. lol

Haha. I love the sun when at the beach. Tanning in a swimsuit and soaking up some much needed sun. But it's difficult to work in when sunny out.

I have a feeling that NZ is a lot like Hawaii. Do you guys get high humidity, too? It seems to average about 60-85F (~15-30C) in Hawaii. I find that to be a very agreeable temperature.

The site has sadly seriously died :( Idk what the hell is up with the staff right now. It's crazy.
Yeah lol.
Yeah that sounds about what NZ sorta sits at. I know during our summer we were in the over 30C and 99% humidity. It sucked!!

Yeah i really don't know what to do? I wanna tell them to get their shit together, wtf is going on?? Its real sad!!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-25-2018, 10:55 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering what the summer will be like here. Probably the same as what you guys are getting. I'm used to really hot summers back home, but not high humidity. I worked in Georgia for an internship for 6months, and the summers would be 100% humidity, making it 100F out, and that was the absolute worst. If I was outside of an airconditioned building then my entire body was prespiring. I had never known before how much by body could sweat. I rarely sweat at all, unless I'm in humidity. I loathe it, yet I still chose to live here I think the perks of here outweigh that con, though. ;)

It's maddening and makes me really sad. Mene was our home, and it's like they've just given up on it and don't have the decency to tell us what's going on. I feel very disrepected, which I didn't expect from this place. So sad they treat their family like this. There must be so much more to it that they aren't willing to tell us.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 AM

Ohh dear lord lol. I feel ya <3

Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head. I was trying to get out why i was so mad. But its totally the disrespected thing.
I mean 10 years for me on this place amounts to nothing for them. It's really hurtful.

Anyway i have decided to focus on other things, i've moved over to a beta avi site. Seems a few of us have gone that way.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-25-2018, 01:36 PM

Until things are fixed/ if they get fixed here I've went over. But I'm not going to be donating to anymore avatar sites until they prove themselves. Especially not ones that have a two year track record of re birth.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-25-2018, 07:05 PM

Fair enough Neph.
I was trying to think of the avi site i was on and it went under, not a word from it's owner... It was Ernya. Took me ages to remember that. That was a sad day.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-26-2018, 02:47 AM

I was really sad when Ernya went down, too. Pretty sure that was pretty out of the blue as well. The days of avatar sites seems to be dying.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-29-2018, 07:48 AM

They had a pretty cute base if I remember correctly. I never got into it but I did think they were pretty. Almost like if a Kinsaki and menewsha bases had a love child. XD

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-30-2018, 08:03 AM

They were cute. Very tall. Pretty art too. Lots of soft and light colors. Ah, I’ve not heard of that site.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-01-2018, 02:54 AM

I used to do Pixels for them a looong time ago. I think 2010-2013 ish

It was made by the original owners of Mene, and there was a lot of drama over that back in the day. There was "Black out" of sorts and all the servers deleted everyone's stuff, only the people that donated got some of their stuff back. It pissed of a lot of people and never really gained back the users trust after that. I think I jumped ship like six to nine months before it got sold the second time.

It's been a while so exact dates are foggy. I wish I kept more detailed records of my time/work there tbh. >.<

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 05-03-2018, 10:39 AM

Oh, very neat. I don't recall when I first joined that site. It's been down for quite some time now, too. Unfortunate.

Wow. That sounds like a whole load of drama for sure. Yikes! I can see why people would give up on it after that. Hard to trust someone that has betrayed you.

That must be difficult to get dates in order. I'm terrible with timeframes.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 AM

Kinsaki sounds familiar.

I had a friend who i became quite close with from mene ages ago, she lived in Australia, so we use to exchange letters/gifts all the time.
Anyway, she off site traded on mene - much to my disappointment and got banned from here. Well actually she never actually went through with it - but she had advertised the intent to do so. Bartuc and i got into fisty cups over this, because i trusted her and was adamant they were talking shit hahaha lol.

Anyway - She started a avi site, which was quite cool. It was like a monkey base but with more human like features. Like a human with a tail lol. And we had a pretty decent amount of members & staff. And i had just done all this stuff like - how to tutorials, lots of instructional threads etc. And then she just disappeared... We were left in the dark for ages. Even when i tried countless times to contact her outside of the avi site. And the site eventually was taken down. Someone had offered her a decent amount of cash for it too. Still haven't heard from her all these years later.

You're right i think avi sites are dying. The only one that seems to prosper is gaia.