Aganab
Butt

Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 AM

I have a dark secret, which I shall share with you - today was the first time I saw The Lion King. Yes, yes, I know I must not have had a childhood. But really, it's not that I didn't want to watch it before, I just never got the chance. This is actually the case with most Disney movies which it seems EVERYONE has seen - I only watched Pocahontas for the first time a few days ago, and still haven't seen Cinderella, Snow White, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Bambi, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty, the Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, the list goes on. Also, I have yet to watch SO MANY classic films, like Ghostbusters.

Am I alone in being so far behind on movie viewing, or is there someone on Mene who shares my experiences?

(to be fair, I am now basically obsessed with The Lion King and I think it might be the best movie I've ever seen)

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 AM

You should see the Lion King 2 if you haven't.

Anyways I don't know if everyone has seen these but it seems like it: Fight Club, The Sixth Sense, all of the Back to The Future movies.

I may have actually seen some of those but don't remember, so in my book I have yet to see them.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:06 AM

Pan's Labyrinth. I hear about that one a lot, but have never seen it. I also haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, or most of the Indiana Jones films.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-22-2014, 06:36 AM

I've never seen Indiana Jones either.

I don't think it's such a big deal these days when people haven't seen any of Lucas' movies or any of those 80s classics. My 12 year old sister has never seen the original Star Wars trilogy cause the opportunity just never really came up.

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 AM

I started watching the Lion King 2 yesterday, and I'll probably finish it today. Maybe I'll even have a marathon of all three :D

I have a friend who's never seen Star Wars. I personally have never seen the prequel trilogy, but that's on purpose. It's kind of similar to how I only watched the Lord of the Rings for the first time a few months ago, and seriously, I liked it, but I have no idea why it's such a big deal.
You should definitely watch Indiana Jones, though. Those films are basically my childhood (you know, a slightly gory alternative to the Lion King). I recommend that if you do watch them, skip the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, because it's HORRIBLE.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-22-2014, 08:21 PM

I've never seen Ghostbusters either. Or Fight Club. And I only watched Titanic for the first time last July.

... I start my cinema studies major tomorrow.

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2014, 02:29 AM

I've never seen Troy or Brave Heart or whatever, and I watched the Notebook like a year ago...I've never seen any Star Wars movies either, haha. Looks like we all need to jump on the watching movies wagon.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 AM

Imo, Fight Club is overrated. I saw that for the first time a month ago, actually. Hated it for the most part.

I think Lord of the Rings is one of the most overrated film franchises of all time. It is not awful...the visuals are pretty awesome...but I like the Hobbit series more. I still think the Hobbit is overrated.

I want to see Indiana Jones...I need to get on that, soon. I have tried watching Star Wars but got through about ten minutes before I shut the movie(s) off. I vaguely recall watching one of the prequels and not liking it.

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 AM

I haven't seen Fight Club either, though I heard that the best thing about it is the revelation at the end, and since it's been spoiled for me I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as otherwise.

I watched the Notebook for the first time a few months ago and I think it's totally overrated. Like, Ryan Gosling was the best part about the movie, and the ending really was not only not as sad as most people make it out to be, I feel it also spoiled the entire romance aspect of the movie.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-25-2014, 11:21 PM

The best part of Fight Club is definitely the ending. Other than that it's not great. It's just like any other fighting movie.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 02-26-2014, 07:13 AM

I haven't seen Fight Club, Alien, Predator, Rosemary's Baby, A Clockwork Orange, The Notebook, any Star Trek movie other than Wrath of Khan, Hunger Games, Citizen Kane, Conan the Barbarian (original), Troy, and a lot of other films. .___. I also haven't seen the first Back to the Future film, although I've seen the last two. :3

Thanks to Netflix streaming, I've been getting caught up on my classic movie list, though. I watched Airplane! and Pulp Fiction for the first time just last week. >w<

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM

I actually haven't seen most of the movies you're all listing. I've seen Back to the Future and the Hunger Games, as well as the rebooted Star Trek movie (not the sequel though). I've also actually bought Rosemary's Baby, but I haven't yet bothered to watch it, which is also the case with Moulin Rouge and Addams Family Values.