.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 04-04-2009, 05:35 PM

This is probably the best news network available on mainstream television. Jon Stewart has a great sense of humor.

I'm not 100% all for it though. I just saw April 2nd, 2009's episode and I have to say I was disappointed.

SPOILERX

I found him to be hypocritical in this episode, and it wouldn't be the first time either. He began with ridiculing other network's obsession with Michelle Obama's fashion sense, and then goes to make fun of a protesters outfit without addressing the real issue.

I think Jon Stewart is a great guy, but I think allot of the content is biased and coordinated to sound the way it does.

Still, it's a great show if you like satire!

What do you think?

Loffel
AFK

Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Jon has and continues to openly admit that the network has a staff of writers for him on the daily show...while it does take mainly from politics, you can't forget that the show is intended as satire and purely intended as comedy. I mean think about it...remember when the fans were encouraging jon to run for president? he made it very clear that his political interest is only in satire and raising political awareness on a superficial level, so that people can get used to looking into policital stories on their own and developing their own opinions.

That being said, i really really love Jon Stewart, and every time he expresses his own opinion on the show i'm very impressed. :D

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM

Wow, I haven't followed his career closely enough to have known most of that. He's definitely a hilarious guy! Quite smart too. I loved when he had Jim Cramer on, and pretty much ripped him a new hole. The poor guy. I mean, there are other people who deserved to be in his shoes then more then him. Still though, everything Jon said was spot on. :) He impresses me too.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Oh, I love Jon Stewart. I loved his show on Fox, it was so funny. And when he was going to take over The Daily Show, I literally went around telling people it was going to happen, I was so excited.

If you really want to be impressed by his own quick wit (as opposed to the stuff his writers give him every night) you should find the vids of him on CNN's Crossfire on You Tube.

Thulhu
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-22-2009, 05:28 PM

I what the daily show, well almost daily! :D
It's on right before my beloved colbert mmmm :heart: :XD

It was awesome when he got crammer on boy did he flounder it was like watching some un-cute animal learning to swim :XD

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 04-27-2009, 05:50 AM

I love the daily show and also Colbert...I have also gotten into the Rachel Maddow show...She cracks me up! If you like John Stewart, you'll love Rachel Maddow.