MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
defintion: moment at which an individual questions the very foundations of their life: whether their life has any meaning, purpose or value

Symptoms: The sense of being alone and isolated in the world;
A new-found grasp or appreciation of one's mortality;
Believing that one's life has no purpose or external meaning;
Searching for the meaning of life;
Shattering of one's sense of reality, or how the world is;
Awareness of one's freedom and the consequences of accepting or rejecting that freedom;
An extremely pleasurable or hurtful experience that leaves one seeking meaning
anyone ever had this problem? I'm having it right now and it sucks.

Last edited by Cora; 02-03-2014 at 04:45 PM..

Mogarisawesome
team nicedynomite

Old 01-03-2014, 05:54 AM

I've had one of those, when I graduated Highschool and couldn't figure out if what I was going to college for was right. they really suck, I hope you figure out whats up for you!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 02:15 PM

I have had such thoughts in the past...mainly during the last 2 years of high school and when I was starting uni and not doing well....it is human to feel the need for purpose in life...if people don't feel valued or are not satisfied with who they are it can make them feel like there's not meaning in life....and yes it does suck to feel that way. I hope you're able to work through the emotions you're experiencing related to this.

NavigatingAnomaly
I'm just some weird entity findi...

Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Yeah I kinda feel that way too. I wonder if I'm special in any way and if my future will be different in some way. Hang in there. Know that you're not alone in feeling this way ok?

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 PM

thanks it feels better to know that, I just feel so bloody terrible and moppy, and all my friends just brush it off like nothing. It's nice to know their are others, it always is.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 08-06-2014, 04:57 AM

I'm going through something like that. I really have no idea what to do next, and I can't really rest on my laurels or anything because so many of the people I used to know have moved, so no one remembers me or what I used to do in the community. I really don't feel any reason to leave the house anymore, and even though I am lonely because I barely know any people, I don't really want to or remember how to make new friends. I can't find any new project to get obsessed with and work on, either. I suspect a lot of my previous ideas came, not so much from other people, but from interaction with them. Since I'm barely seeing anyone right now, I don't know what to do.