neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM

I totally have entries for this contest. However, I don't have my username on the pumpkins and they've been thrown away since. But I have pictures. What should I do?

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 11-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
I totally have entries for this contest. However, I don't have my username on the pumpkins and they've been thrown away since. But I have pictures. What should I do?
Could you take a photograph of your username in the same location that the pumpkins were photographed?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
kind of unfair considering I came back to this site AFTER the event started because of Facebook posts talking of a LATE halloween even. It's rotted since then. And I really don't see a point in all the proof if you're taking drawn entries... but anyway here's a series of links showing the same pumpkin in its setting in front of my house anyway:

its not really a stenciled pumpkin either. there's not really a category it fits in except maybe that one. its fort off based off of stencils I'd seen before.
Perhaps I need to clarify. The reason we must require a username is that, in the past, people have simply searched Google for images and entered those in order to scam our contests. People have done this for drawings also, so including a username is necessary there as well.

Submitting photos of your house is uneccessary and does nothing to confirm the validity of your entry. You can submit a photograph of your username in the same location that one of your pumpkin photos were. That will prove that it was taken by you.

We do realize that the late start has made this a pain for everyone, including the staff who were expecting to have things start earlier. Had we known, threads like this one would probably not have been created.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeryck View Post
Could you take a photograph of your username in the same location that the pumpkins were photographed?

----------

Perhaps I need to clarify. The reason we must require a username is that, in the past, people have simply searched Google for images and entered those in order to scam our contests. People have done this for drawings also, so including a username is necessary there as well.

Submitting photos of your house is uneccessary and does nothing to confirm the validity of your entry. You can submit a photograph of your username in the same location that one of your pumpkin photos were. That will prove that it was taken by you.

We do realize that the late start has made this a pain for everyone, including the staff who were expecting to have things start earlier. Had we known, threads like this one would probably not have been created.
A fact I knew and was not willing to go take pictures at the front of my house in the middle of the night (and in the rain) to do so for some website contest. I figured you would have noticed the timestamps and would have expected an edited or second post to be coming soon. I will take pictures in a minute though. Either way, don't appreciate your tone even if it's generally polite.

by the way, I am editing the original post and not including proof photos here.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
Jeryck my dear~ <3

Is it okay to do food for the non-pumpkin entry? In short, I want to do carve grapes with pumpkin-like faces. But they're grapes you know? xD
If Seito can carve grapes, then maybe I'll get off my butt and try to carve some apples.

I can't guarantee any finished product or that I'll leave with all my fingers intact, but it sounds like a fun challenge. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
If Seito can carve grapes, then maybe I'll get off my butt and try to carve some apples.

I can't guarantee any finished product or that I'll leave with all my fingers intact, but it sounds like a fun challenge. :lol:
GO KNERD GO! 8D

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 AM

I have SO MANY APPLES!

I went to a local orchard last weekend and they had a deal on buying the pick-your-own half bushels. I've been eating about four every day and still have a huge bag full. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 AM

Oh that sounds so awesome. xD We don't have those kind of things here. xD

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 12:52 AM

That's such a shame. Apple picking is a fun autumn thing that just about everyone does around here. We used to have school field trips to orchards and pumpkin patches all the time. :yes:

New York has apple orchards everywhere, it's tough to avoid them. I was just anxious to get apples before the frost really set in and wiped them out for the season. This was the last haul of the year and now I don't even know what to do with them all!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 AM

That sounds like alot of fun! I really want to do that one day.

I think the closest thing we have here is pineapple and I don't think we can actually go in and pick them. xD Well as the old saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! xD

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 01:07 AM

Pineapples are so weird. I only learned that they grew from bushes a few years ago. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 AM

xD I always thought it was weird that they did that.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 AM

I feel like they should come from a tall tree, like bananas or coconuts. Not a bush thingy on the ground.

I also learned that unripe pineapples are actually poisonous. So weird! From now on, I'll just have to stick with fruits I trust. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Hehe. At least they make for easy growing in yards though. However you only get one per brush if I recall right xD Maybe two. I don't remember.

xD Apples and bananas! xD

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 01:53 AM

A FREESTYLE ENTRY!
My pumpkin is FRIGHTFUL
Image:

So apples don't carve so well, apparently. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 AM

xD Poor dead apples!!

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 AM

I found all these fancy directions online for turning apples into swans and roses and what have you, but....mine didn't want to cooperate. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 02:07 AM

xD Awww but that would have been so awesome! xDD

Silly apple!

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 AM

Oooh you could carve a pineapple

I saw some on Facebook :yes:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 AM

Bahahaha Knerd's entry made me smile.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 AM

A FREESTYLE ENTRY!
My pumpkin is CUTE
Image:
and a close up! http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/DSC_0542.jpg

----------

A FREESTYLE ENTRY!
My pumpkin is ( ABSTRACT? )
Image:

Haha this one might take some visualizing. >> << >> It's the batman signal! 8D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 AM

A PUMPKIN ENTRY!
My pumpkin is CUTE
Image:
Plain as Day
In the dark (we stuck a little flashlight in it because candles aren't allowed on campus)
It's location in the dark image

I hope this alright for the entry. ^.^ We had the pumpkin when it was living on my window sill in my dorm room.

----------

A PUMPKIN ENTRY!
My pumpkin is FRIGHTFUL
Image:
My Vampire Pumpkin's Prime (My friends and I each made one. Mine's pointed out by the white arrows)
My Vampire Pumpkin Past It's Prime (but with my username)

Last edited by neller; 11-07-2011 at 04:59 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-07-2011, 06:13 PM

we may carve things other than pumpkins to look like pumpykins?

I HAS LOTS OF APPLES!!

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 PM

You can, I think, Shadami, Seito did it. XD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 AM

It's official...not going to have time for this. -sadz-

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal