Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM

Yup. Mad. They were all mad, especially him for hallucinating such things. And yet, despite what his mind was trying to tell him, his stomach went against his will as did his lips. "Not sure what use I'll be, but I suppose, if the doctor thought I was of importance, than I might as well join." His mind kicked him for a bit, cussing him out for signing up for this madness. It was, without a doubt, a huge dream. Maybe even a nightmare? Borderline nightmare. Nightmare would only come about if-

His golden eyes narrowed as several wrinkles roughed up his nose. Serk. That egotistical prick just had to show up, turning this dream into a nightmare.

The guy was a little odd acting though. It actually amused Jacen. If this was really what the so called 'cool' Serk was really like, then he was nothing more than a joke. But the instant that he fell flat on his face and got back up as if nothing had happened, Jace knew the good times were over. Smirk fading and eyes fixated on the arrogant celebrity, he scoffed.

"Apparently appearances needed to be kept up so the infamous Serk was invited to join our little rescue mission. How wonderful." Sarcasm dripped from his lips, making Jace look more vampire-like than Serk.

JENNY, though, interjected before Serk could even get a word in. "He was actually denied. We deemed him-" cut off by the vampire, she groaned.

"A liability," Serk finished out, finding his hands around Jacen's strong jaw. "But what's it to you, punk? Not like you'd make it. Besides, I'm only here on Pepper's behalf. For once in my life, I'll be the one taking orders, not giving them." Blue eyes moved toward JENNY. "If you're serious about having her, sign me up as her… assistant." The word left a nasty taste on his tongue, but he didn't mind. It was for Pepper. He would… succumb to the 'assistant' level for Pepper's sake.

Brow cocked, Jacen smirked. "So you aren't one of the 'chosen ones.' Awesome. Makes us 'ordinary lowlifes' a little less 'low,' eh?"

Eyes rolling, Serk butted his head against Pepper's shoulder. "Can I eat this guy," he pleaded with her quietly.

Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 AM

Smiling, Devyn looked at the flame Cody created out of thin air. "I knew I was right," She happily whispered. "Looks like we got a pyrokinetic..." Devyn silently sung as her smile got bigger. Cody proved she wasn't the only one with abilities. Meaning either the others were "normal" like Jacen implied or simply shy and didn't want to show off. Glancing at the bright flame, Devyn thought it was not wise to test just how hot the flames could actually become. A little smirked formed as she looked at Cody, but then again, Devyn wasn't that type of person. Well I won't try just yet.

Taking her eyes of Cody, Devyn looked at the new arrival couple and recognized them immediately: Serk and Pepper. Oh they're here too? Before she could think any farther of how their arrival would possibly affect her, she watched the white haired playboy rip off the dress of his beloved assistant. Seeing Cody quietly cover herself, Devyn chuckled and stared at Serk. She heard countless things about this man, many of which--like Jacen's--weren't heartfelt, warm and oh so loving. Serk also wasn't a man that had many fans; in fact the majority of his fans generally consisted with at least half of the women's population. Devyn knew that thanks to the anti-Serk fans, he made it to her "Top Kill" list at least three times by just being his happy humble self. Regardless of the requests of many to have the man dead, Devyn never felt like he did anything too bad to die. Then again, she didn't know the man personally and this was their first meeting with each other. Her opinion might change and she might take into consideration of the requests.

Feeling the heat from Jacen, Devyn looked at Jacen and Serk. Looks like someone won't get along. Devyn always thought conflict always made things that much spicier, but too much was dangerous. And Devyn didn't want to see it reach that level just yet. For her, everything had a time and place. If she wanted to see their temperatures or how they react to certain circumstances, she'd strike at the most crucial time. But right now it wasn't time to test out her new "companions".

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 05-30-2012 at 02:13 AM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 AM

Pepper nearly groaned when Serk reached out for her. Well, there went the midsection of her dress. The redhead smacked the vampire's hand, shaking her head and glaring at him. He was definitely not having a good round this time. She looked so flustered with Serk that Pepper was ready to murder him. Instead, she just breathed a sigh of relief when the male returned to his usual state of mind. "No, Serk. Not good." She tried to forget the women they'd encountered on the way. . . .

Glancing to Cody, the ginger smiled shakily. "I have a feeling we're going to be good friends." She didn't feel challenged, but apparently Serk was seeing something between them. Pepper had no intention of wearing a bikini top around town, but sometimes Serk thought otherwise. . . .

She watched with narrowed green eyes as Serk spoke to Jacen. Finally, the ginger shook her head and sighed. She almost didn't notice when Serk's head bumped her shoulder. "I think you should wait," Pepper whispered in return, knowing that eating people wasn't necessarily a good thing to do upon first meeting them. Besides, she hated that. "Be nice. Now."

The ginger snagged Serk's chin, forcing him to look at her. "You need to be careful. I would like you to be good." Pepper wasn't ashamed . . . but perhaps a bit embarrassed. She looked back to JENNY. "Is he allowed to be with me?"
-

Cody's flame caught Nym's attention. His pale green eyes widened. Not possible. He then glanced to the two newcomers and scoffed. Then again, what wasn't possible at this point? His eyes stayed on the place where the flame had been for many moments before he finally let his attention return to Serk and Pepper.

"How much longer do we have to wait?" he asked in a growl. The tone was a darker, more feral, than earlier. Now, he was getting frustrated. Not him, necessarily, but a part of him. Something was telling him that this wait was pointless. Ridiculous. These people aren't worth the time.

Nym blinked the thoughts away and frowned a bit. His expression softened. "It just seems like we're waiting for more trouble."

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 AM

Cody gave a small smile as Devyn spoke. There was no fear in her manner. Cody was just happy no one was freaking out. "I may be a one person pyro technic display, but at least I'm no fire bug."
Watching the infamous couple, Cody relaxed. Pepper just had a certain manor that set the fire user at ease. "I certainly hope we can be. The fire keeps my body temperature quite a bit higher than most peoples. " she added hoping to explain her bikini top since her unusualness was our in the open.
She noticed Nyms look of shock. She hoped that the fire didn't scare him too bad, but she wouldn't apologize for who she is.

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 AM

"WHOA!"

A loud crash was heard as a young boy fell from the roof of the run-down shop he called home. He'd been up to no good again, prowling around for ideas on another would-be-hilarious prank.. Which he was about to put in motion if it weren't for that protective mother cat scaring the crap out of him first, that is.

"Bah, stupid cat.." Magnus muttered darkly, getting up and dusting himself off. He was lucky the Master hadn't chosen that moment to come home yet. Otherwise he'd be in a world of trouble PLUS no supper. "I guess that means today's prank is a no-go."

He looked up to the darkening sky with a great yawn and a rumbling stomach. Katje had gone out to buy groceries. 'But what was taking her so long?', he thought to himself impatiently. It was so boring by himself. Boring AND lonely.

The pink-haired boy furrowed his eyebrows at that last word.

"Not like I would ever admit something as sissy-ish as that to her face!"

Last edited by April; 05-31-2012 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: Finally decided on a font. )=

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 AM

So she had been right, apparently they did need the play boy billionaire in their little group. Even if he wasn't one of the ' chosen ones' the red head at his side was and he had made it clear he was sticking with her. Tessa thought it was really cute, he was obviously worried about his...girlfriend? She was pretty sure that Serk didn't have a steady girlfriend but then again the gossip magazines could be wrong. Either way if you looked past the fact that he had ripped her dress in the middle of the park surrounded by people they didn't know he was being all cute and clingy with the girl.

Jace's reaction was no big surprise since he had earlier let his dislike for Serk be very clear. Not that that was any reason to start picking fights. If what JENNY said was true then they would need to get along, all of them. Stepping away from the the android she smiled at the couple.

"Well Hi I'm Tessa and McRude there is Jace."
pointing over where the gray haired man was standing. She figured he wouldn't be introducing himself to Serk anytime soon. "It's nice to meet you.Do you have some strange power thing like Cody?"

Turning to the bikini top clad girl as if she might have offend her she frowned. "Not that your power is strange or anything. Well it's not very everyday but I'm sure it comes in handy a lot. Like you never need a lighter or well obviously you don't get cold and you always have light so your are never fully in the dark so you can't get lost or anything." Taking a breath Tessa stopped when she realized she was rambling again. She didn't want the strange comment to come off as an insult." It's cool, really."

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM

Arms full of groceries, Katje was making her way down the road toward her shop. While she'd been walking, there was that odd message she'd gotten earlier. The one to go to some meeting with an android. To change themselves? She had dismissed it at the time. The woman was dressed in a pair of khaki shorts, boots, and a very snug shirt, finger-less gloves graced her hands and there was a utility belt hanging on her waist.

Sounded too troublesome, but... also tempting. A chance to change, eh? A light smirk appeared. She'd like some upgrades. The kid though... She wouldn't leave him alone. The brat would more than likely set the shop on fire and ruin everything. Maybe starve to death.

It was no secret Magnus had zero survival skills outside the shop. Which was why she didn't like to take him out. Having made the mistake once, she vowed never to let him out again unless she Trained him to stay put.

Didn't hurt to look and see what the fuss was about. Once they put the groceries away. Reaching the street of her shop, the young woman narrowed her eyes. "Mod! What're you doing outside? Done with your chores yet?" she asked, coming up to him before nodding at him to open the door for her. "... We're gonna go to the park soon, so get something quick to eat, and we'll be off." They were running late as is, and she didn't have time to dance around the subject.

April

Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 AM

At the sound of Katje's familiar voice Magnus couldnt help the grin that plastered itself onto his dirty face.

"Welcome home, Gadget!" he said, a little too brightly, hurrying to open the door for her like a dog whose owner just showed up with a huge bag of bacon. He'd only been standing in the same spot he landed in earlier for a few minutes, but because he was hungry it honestly felt like a lifetime.

"The park?" he asked, closing the door and then running past her into the kitchen. "Isn't it late? -- Not that I'm complaining or anything! -- But can we eat first?"

If there was one thing Alex Magnus liked more than anything, it had to be food.

Last edited by April; 05-31-2012 at 02:47 AM.. Reason: Font. T_T

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 AM

Surprise briefly crossed her face before it fell into a smile. So either he missed her, unlikely, or the kid was hungry. Highly probable. Making her way into the house/shop, she followed the eager boy into the kitchen. Placing the bags down on the clean counters, she dug into a bag and took out some items to make a sandwich. "What do you want on it?" She asked, grabbing a plate for him.

"Yeah, park. It's a little late, but.. I've gotta check something out. You're coming with me cause I don't trust you with the pantries full of food." Giving him a smirk, she shook her head. "Eat quickly, cause as soon as I finish putting things away, I'll be going with you. Full or not."

April

Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Sharp black eyes sparkled as Magnus hungrily licked his lips. The Master already seemed to know everything he wanted, even before he excitedly blurted out: "I want everything you've got! Mayo, pickles, ketchup.. Hold the cheese... Um.. EXTRA mayo, LOTS and LOTS of ham! Can we toast it? Oh never mind, I don't want to have to wait! Well maybe-- no, hold on-- oh what the heck! Ugh but I'm hungry now so forget the toasting after all!"

He listened to her explanation while he ate, already finishing the first sandwich she had made for him just as she shook her head. He grunted in response. It's not like he could help it if he was always hungry, being a growing boy and all that fun technical stuff.

"Mmfay, mmfay um hurrerrerm!" he said after his third bite into his second 'triple-decker-super-awesome-ham-deluxe', as he so fondly calls it.

A satisfied burp accompanied by an "Uh oh." escaped his mouth the next minute.

The pink-haired boy brought a hand to his stomach. Unfortunately, there's always a side effect of eating too fast. He excused himself, making a run for the bathroom. He almost didn't get there in time because he laughed after hearing Katje yell something about not clogging the toilet.

Half an hour later he was clean, dressed and raring to go.

Last edited by April; 05-31-2012 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Herp derp.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 05-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Wait. Did she hear right?!
Attempting to process the latest command threw off Zen's timing and almost caused her to miss the roof of the next building. Fortunately, she managed to grab onto a gutter at the last minute.

"Uh, Boss Ma'am...", as she liked to call the taller of the silver haired duo,"...mo-...move in, you say? With you two?", she asked back through the tiny communication device. Glitch, as she was called within the White Snakes, knew she was tasked with infiltrating C.O.R.E. as an employee. Her fake resume had already been accepted and an interview was scheduled for her. However, what she would be doing there was still a mystery to the saboteur. Initially she had thought she was being sent in to destroy the tower. But it was only yesterday that she was told she would be helping to bring something in. What that thing was, she had yet to find out.

And now there was this most recent order. Why would the boss need her to move in with them?

Pulling herself up properly, the alien changed direction and to stop by her temporary apartment. Another reason why she wondered about what Lady Shi had just said was because the organization usually allowed her to have her own residence outside of the hideout. It was never an issue before and it never interfered with her work.

Nonetheless, she would obediently do as she was told. Not like she had a choice in the first place. Hitching a ride on a passing city repair drone, Zen made it to her place in a third of the time it would normally take. She then stored her clothes into a portable device that converted it all into data. With Earth's technology at the time, the woman would be more than able to download her wardrobe directly from HQ. But being a Cernasian, there was a good chance the system would glitch. Again. Sure she had more control over her powers now, but there were still the rare times when the field goes off on its own and messes up the closest machine. The green eyed woman did not want a repeat of the incident where her lovely clothes came through with tears and splotchy colors. Her shoes were partly sizzled, too.

With packing all done, Zen quickly headed for the city's outskirts where the leader awaited.

mochi-PANda
Teavu

Old 05-31-2012, 03:41 AM

[Howdy, guys.]

"Mae. Mae. Mae. You have ONE unread message. Mae. Mae. Mae. Unread message."
Mae's hazel eyes blinked open tiredly as her glare pinpointed the tiny electronic demon from hell: Ping, her transmission toy-bot. The small, round object buzzed and flickered blue LEDs in her face, all the while bouncing along on clear fiberoptic wings. Mae's head bounced back onto her pillow in frustration. Are you kidding me? "Why in all heck are you waking me, Ping....I've got," Mae flipped over to the other side of her cot to squint at the holographic clock shining across her wall, "exactly five hours before I'm due back at the Shop." She clinched her eyes shut in annoyance as she rubbed the sleep from her right eye with a finger.
"Yes yes yes, Mae, you are correct in your time, but..." and Ping floated above her face in what one could pinpoint as excitement for a robot, "you have ONE unread message waiting for you!!" Opening her eyes once more only to roll them she requested the toybot to "play the fecking message already". And as an afterthought added a nearly inaudible "thanks".
"Message as follows, Mae!

Dead Chosen One,

You have been selected to undergo a series of tests, altercations, and rigorous training exercises. Should you not want to change yourself, I suggest you just ignore this message. But, should you want to become something more - something greater - you must go to Fourth Park Avenue Greenwood Circle. There you will meet an android that will explain everything.

Sincerely,
Doctor John Roberts

Message concluded, Mae!"
And with that the toybot clicked itself into sleep-mode and landed silently onto Mae's blanket covered chest. The mechanic lay in her cot staring wide eyed at her gray-speckled ceiling. Mysterious as the message appeared -and rather shady at that - Mae couldn't deny curiosity. But want to become something more? She was a mechanic for crying out loud. Are you honestly going to argue with a "doctor" though, Mae? Deciding then before she thought more of it, Mae threw her legs over the side of the cot. Her feet felt along the linoleum for her sneakboots and once on, she bounded over to the Wall closest to her door. "Mirror, please," she asked of the Wall and a view of her reflection answered back. She grimaced at the duplicate-Mae thankful to have showered before crawling into bed three hours before. "Wardrobe," she mumbled and various options spread out before her across the reflection. She quickly settled on a pale yellow overall-dress. Satisfied and denying herself to fuss with her dreads, she plucked her keys from the counter, shoved a still asleep Ping into her overall pocket and left through her front door.
As it clicked lock behind her, Mae bounced down the stairs and out onto sparkling cement ground. The ground was part of an installation project founded by the City to entertain tourists visiting New York. It bugged Mae because of how bright it was, but it made for excellent midnight skating like tonight. Sparing a glance to the shiny, silver bracelet dangling on her left wrist, Mae tapped a spot on it lightly and less than a second later the bottoms of both sneakboots had skate wheels along the bottom. The message stated a time limit... She mused darkly to herself as she skated down block after block, thankful traffic was mostly shut down at this hour. Although foot traffic not so much. But Mae had lived in the city as long as she could remember, she was skilled at maneuvering between walkers on the street. All that could be seen of the mechanic was a blur in the shop windows. But what am I expecting? A parade or something in my honour? Her arms pumped faster and before she knew it, she was skidding to a stop at the iron gates. Inside the park she could see a small group of people. She tapped the metal at her wrist again and her sneakboots' wheels were gone. She peered through the bars, curious but hesitant. What am I expecting from this?

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-31-2012, 04:10 AM

The short haired female smirked, shaking her head as she cleaned up after warning Magnus about not causing a mess. He'd have to clean it up, so.. all the more reason Not to do such a thing. Thinking, she glanced down at herself before shrugging it off. She looked fine, and it wasn't chilly.

After countless threats of leaving him behind due to his slowness, she saw Magnus come down, nice and fresh. A scowl graced the womans normally cheerful face. "If we arrive and noone's there, you'll have ta fix the next gig Without tools." She threatened as she nudged him out the door.

Damn it. Why'd she have to think about that message so long? Shaking her head, she locked the door after they'd gone out the house. "Don't run away, ya hear?"

April

Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 AM

"HUH? What? Did ya say something?" Magnus yelled back to Katje from several feet away. In reality, he did hear what she'd just told him about not running off, but he couldn't help himself. As soon as she'd turned around to lock the door he had already started wandering. There were just so-so-so-soooo many sights, smells and sounds he'd never experienced before. Every day was different from the last. Granted, and he would never admit this either, he was scared to leave the shop by himself. But with Gadget around he practically had no fear. And no matter where he ended up she would always find him anyway.

"Ohh! Master, what was that!? Did ya see it?" he excitedly cried, suddenly pointing to something a lot further down the road. The pink-haired boy had caught a glimpse of some yellow-ish blur, and took off after it like --wouldn't you know-- a dog chasing a car.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM

She should have put a leash on the boy. As soon as she turned around to face him, she'd nnoticed that the boy was already walking away from her. After she had told him specifically Not to. "Mod, seriously!" She started, moving to follow the boy as she sighed. Brushing back her hair from her face, Katje quickened her steps. It was a little cute, to see him all excited. Eyes widening in surprise, they soon narrowed. He ran off! "You little--!! Agh, I'm going to chain you to the wall next time!"

Running after him, and the person whom Magnus ran after, she realized that they were headed to the park. Thank goodness that they'd not gone somewhere else. But Still!! Once they got the gate, she snatched him by the collar and smirked, glaring down at him. "Got'cha!"

mochi-PANda
Teavu

Old 06-05-2012, 04:28 AM

Mae nearly shrieked when she heard voices a few feet from her. Her hands clutched the iron bars tightly in surprise before she turned her head to peer questioningly at an odd, pink-haired little boy & a young woman whom Mae assumed as around her own age. She could still hear the faint murmur of voices from the group within the park, but Mae instead turned to face the two now in front of her. Two people are far easier to deal with than a crowd, she thought sorrowfully. Her attention now directed at the two, she eyed them rather suspiciously. The kid was...well, a kid, but he had a look of blatant mischief about him that set Mae on edge. And the girl...Mae's eyes drifted over her face, her attire. The other girl was pretty, sure, and it wasn't as if she would recognize her from anywhere; their city was a monster of largeness. Uh, hey there," Mae finally began, straightening her body and resting a hand on her hip.

Wavi

Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM

Whimpering as if he were a dog, Serk pouted as Pepper shook her finger at him. Her hands found his chin, too. Forcing him to focus, he listened to every heated word that came from the ginger's pretty lips. "I'll be good, but only because I'll get to be bad with you in private," he said while nibbling on her ears. Taking a good step back from the woman, he looked over toward the android with a large, cheesy grin smeared across his face.

"Fine," she hissed with an electronic hum, "but he'll have to be a sidekick or something. He wasn't permitted to take the hero tests."

"SIDEKICK? WHAT! WHY I OUGHTTA GET PEPPER TO RE-HARDWIRE YOUR BRAIN!" Shaking JENNY violently, Serk felt a hand on his back. Oops, he said with a wince. "I got it, I got it. Be good." Patting the android's shoulder, he fell back beside Pepper, his hand instinctively wrapping around her hips.

Now that Serk and Pepper were under control, JENNY could go about talking to the others. Nym was right. There were getting a little crowded and out of hand. "I suppose we can enter the facilities." Knocking on the fountain, she watched as it parted to reveal the stairs again.

"Once we're at the bottom, those with known powers had right. Everyone else, to the left. Serk, you'll have to come with me. I might have a use for you yet."

"Oh goody! A special job." Skipping down the steps, he was the first one to reach the bottom of the gloomy, gray hallways under the park. His eyes shot down the hall, noticing row after row of doors. Not a window was in sight (which made sense since they were underground). Some of the doors were labeled while others were not. The white-haired vampire stepped past the first two doors, knowing that neither were his option. Offering a hand to the females to assist with the steep last step, he playfully bounced them toward the doors.

Jacen took toward the back with a few of the others. Upon seeing Serk prove himself useful (helping the women and all), he felt a bit of jealousy wash over him. Why was it that Serk - the taken, rich playboy - always got the ladies? He frowned before taking the last step with a bit of a jump. Once on the ground level, Jacen walked toward the left. His eyes shot to JENNY who gave he and the others the a-okay to entire their designated doors.

Those who walked to the left would be meet with bright white walls and a nice light gray carpet. There would be black egg chairs and a table in the center of the room. A few plants dotted the corners of the room and a large empty wall laid on the fair side - it was probably the door out.

Anyone that stepped to the right would be faced with a training facility. Toward the front right there were exercise machines. To the front left, a pool. Behind those was a giant shooting range with moving targets and buildings. A fire pit was beside it as was a hand-made lake. Against the right wall there were rows of human-sized test tubes whose pipes and cords connected to chambers, tanks, and computers. There were more steps that lead to a lower level which was a giant battle arena that seemed to have changing terrains. Toward the left of that there was a race track and what looked to be a mock-up city. This room was, obviously, larger than expected, easily spreading out over 100 acres.

Proceeding into the 'unknown' room first, JENNY handed each of the individuals a test. "This is just to test your knowledge. It's just a simple IQ test. Once done with that, step to the wall behind you and take your eye exam. Upon completion, I will lead your through that door and take you to the labs."

Exiting the room, the android and Serk made their way to the other side. "Serk, I would like you to be the opponent. I usually gear myself up, but, being an experienced elemental vampire, I believe you will prove most useful, especially since you have real-life fighting experience."

"Sounds like fun," a wicked smirk appeared on his face.

"One at a time, you will enter the dome arena. You will probably die in there, but it's okay. You're not really going to die. It's all a mind projection. You really will be fighting, but not with real weapons. Not with anything, really. It's just what you see before you - an arena." Her head swerved to look at the group. "You can pick who goes first. Those who are not fighting will be taking an exam with me. I will be determining your role within the group."

Her metal feet clicked across the concrete floor as she made her way over toward the desks that were behind the exercise equipment.

Serk, on the other hand, ran off toward the back. Stepping into the dome, he watched as the world around him shifted. Everyone could see the shift. The first fight would be held in a fallout zone. Debris and rummage was everywhere.

"You'll be able to watch the battle and see what they see on the screen behind them. You'll be able to see the outfit they are wearing as well as the attacks they are using. While in that dome, all powers are suppressed, so you won't actually be using anything."

For the hell of it, Serk created a giant wall of ice and, with the clenching of a fist, smashed it into a billion pieces. "THIS IS SO COOL!" he yelled from the dome.

"Well, who wants to play first?"

Meanwhile, Jacen and the others were taking there seats. Grumbling, the male wondered why he needed to take an IQ test. "Is it just me or is this kinda pointless?"

Last edited by Wavi; 06-07-2012 at 04:52 PM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM

Cody couldn't stop the small gasp when the doorway appeared. She took a few steps forward then paused. Shivers and a little fear ran through her. She wondered why, but pushed past the initial fear. Her steps clicked softly as she made her way down the steps. JENNY explained the two rooms. Cody wondered who actually knew about their abilities as well, hoping she wasn't alone. That thought gave her a little more fear. 'Perhaps its fear and hints from my blank memories.'

Cody took a deep breath and entered the room on the right. Looking around she studied the equipment. Cody listened to JENNY explain everything and tell Serk his role in the room. The brunette sighed and stepped up. "I'll take him on." A fire shone in Codys eyeshwe brown eyes turning a liquid caramel colour.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM

Pepper silently took a seat beside Jacen. "Pointless? No. Perhaps she's trying to see who should run the magic behind the scenes." Her green eyes moved over the test before her (it wasn't going to be a challenge for the woman) before she watched Serk leave the room. It seemed that the rest of them would be stuck in the same room and silently taking their little test.

Something coiled in her stomach, and Pepper swallowed quietly. She didn't like the not knowing where Serk was, for some reason. Hell, the very hint that Serk would be spending time with other women made her squirm. Serk did most of his sexy business with her, but he was known to be a bad boy.

Once again, Pepper focused on her test. "Good luck, Jacen." The ginger smiled slightly, looking friendly. May as well try to make as many friends as possible while they were there. Who knew how long they were going to be working together?

Quote:
Location: Pepper is sitting beside Jacen, taking her IQ test.
Side: Hero. For sure.
-

Nym was relieved when they went into the complex and away from the fading daylight. His pale green eyes followed everyone, though his gaze locked on Cody as fear spiked through her. Somehow, he felt content with that small slip of emotion. It felt as though he had fed off of the negative feeling.

Quietly licking his lips, he accepted the test that was handed to him. His IQ was decent, but nothing special. This test was something he didn't really care about. Then again, if it was going to help him. . . .

He started as soon as Cody left to confront Serk. Unfortunately, something within him checked out the moment the woman left the room. With a snarl (which was very unlike his silent demeanor), Nym shoved himself away from the table and followed JENNY and the others.

Something was said about abilities . . . and fighting. Nym didn't understand the strange rush of pleasure he felt when he heard as much. If anything "Nym" was shoved into the back of his mind while "Anguish" took his place. Anguish had been implanted into him recently when the boy went looking for help. Nym had figured the incident a failure, but instead Anguish had lain in wait. Now, though, he was too antsy to stay still any longer.

His features were darker, and his very aura seemed a bit more excited. Still, Anguish's anger and negative feelings were kept in check as he watched Cody for a few moments. He wanted to fight anyone - especially Serk.

"When she's finished, I want to go." Anguish flashed a smile, keeping his alter ego stuck in the back of his mind. Nym wouldn't remember this. That didn't matter. The boy could sit still and watch without knowing what was going on for once. Anguish needed something from this fight. He needed to feed.

Quote:
Location: Nym was taking the test; Anguish took over the body and followed JENNY. He is now with those who have powers.
Side: Nym is good, while Anguish is evil. Right now, he is currently seen as "good."

Last edited by Esmme; 06-18-2012 at 04:05 AM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Despite being quick on her feet and possessing an extraordinary jump, it took another fourteen minutes to reach the hideout. Zen would have loved nothing more than to hijack a vehicle to shorten her travel time but knew better than to risk leading C.O.R.E. authorities to the White Snakes building. "Machines are crap anyhow!" she muttered to herself. Preferring to make use of an open window instead of having to go all the way down to the front door, Zen crawled into the hideout.

The woman with dual-colored hair walked down a few halls and checked out some of the more obvious rooms before finally grabbing a passing White Snakes grunt by the collar. "Hey! Where's the boss?"
The surprised man quickly blurted that the young master was currently at the main lobby instructing people.
"Shit!" Immediately shoving the peon aside, the Cernasian raced towards the large, open stairway close to the center of the building. Instead of using the stairs as one might normally expect, Zen merely leapt over the railing and dropped to the next floor. She would do the same thing until she reached the first floor. From there she ran down a hallway that would lead her to the main lobby. She could already hear the boss' voice echoing across the large space. So as not to interrupt Lord Kent, Zen approached the stoic Lady Shi instead.

"So are these the others who will be assisting us?" the Cernasian asked, eyeing the group surrounding the crimson-eyed male with slight disappointment. "Not to be rude, Ma'am, but they don't look like much."

April

Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 PM

"Aggh, heyyyy let go!" Magnus grunted as he struggled to get out of Gadget's grasp. It turned out the oh-so-interesting-at-the-time blur he'd chased after was just another female, one who kind of smelled familiar but he couldn't yet figure out why. Oh wait, it was almost the same smell as the shop. Like all the iron and stuff.

'What's she starin' at anyhow? Hasn't she ever seen a kid before?' he thought to himself, looking at the unknown woman every now and then. He fought the urge to chuckle. 'Or maybe she's freaked out by the Master's brutish ways. Fufu. Who wouldn't be?'

It was only when she spoke up that he finally stopped flailing about and silently admitted defeat against Katje's "ridiculously strong arm of the oh crap she caught me"-- he's never once been able to escape it anyway. Mod gave a good, long stare and flashed his trademark mischievous smirk before answering.

"Heh," he started, crossing his arms and raising his head in an attempt to look a little more dignified. "I am the great Alex Magnus! Who're you?"

Last edited by April; 06-07-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Wavi

Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM

FYI // Those in the room with Jacen (AKA those that don't know their powers yet) are not connected to the area where JENNY and Serk are (AKA those who are aware of their powers). Two totally different rooms on either side of a hallway. Those with Jacen cannot see those with Serk and vice versa. The ones with Jacen will, eventually, move to the other side.

Hope that clears stuff up~

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Thanking Serk for helping her down Tessa followed the others in the room to the chewing lightly on her bottom lip. Taking the seat next to Pepper she pulled her legs up she crossed them. Leaning forward so that she could talk to the other two occupants, “Yeah like in all of those movies, you always have the normal people in the group who bring their own skills to the table.” And this was feeling more and more like it was a movie. A group of strangers brought together to help save the world. And it was kind of reassuring, the similarities between what was happening and a movie, because in the movies the heroes win. Sitting back in her chair she absent mindedly played with the end of one of her pigtails. She had taken several IQ and personality quizzes in school, they were one of her professors idea of busy work. So taking another one really wasn’t that bad.

(( Blah I know I need to write up post for my villain but I’m leaving for the lake now…maybe I’ll have time to post it tonight after swimming.))

Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 AM

Looking at the white hair playboy's hand, Devyn almost laughed. She was a grown woman and she was light on her feet. Meaning she had no problem with walking down some steps by herself. "No need, I got it." She blew out, ignoring Serk's hand. Plus I don't want to see what's inside that big head just yet. Stepping down onto the last step she gazed at the underground compartment. It was massive and spacious. Something Devyn most certainly wasn't expecting. Taking it all in, Devyn looked at JENNY and watched her hand her a test. Reluctantly taking the IQ test, Devyn looked over at the general questions. She wasn't a total freak genius nor was she an idiot, but she was a bit above average and to her these problems looked fairly simply. Meaning that the first part of their "mission" would be a cake walk.

Folding the test, Devyn placed it in her pocket and looked at Serk and Cody. A look of curiosity made its way to her face. Well this looks interesting. The first duo to fight against one another and flaunt their abilities to everyone were the polar opposites: fire and ice. Wanting a front row seat to see the battle between the two, she made her way near Nym. Looking at him, she was curious to know what he had up his sleeve. He ooze instability, mystery, and just plain strangeness. Characteristics Devyn hadn't seen in a very long time. "I'll take you on big boy when they're done." Devyn smiled as she stared up at Nym who simply looked down at her with a blank expression. She knew this wasn't going to be easy, since he was tall Mr. Muscles guy. But then again that wasn't important. The important thing was that she wanted to know what Nym could do and when she wanted to know something, she would find out. No matter what it was.

Wavi

Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 PM

For Your Information
I'm going to need people to EDIT THEIR POSTS.
If you do not know your powers, you do not know that Cody is facing Serk first.
You are taking a test. In another room. In a place without windows or TVs.
I'm currently working on making your IQ test that isn't really an IQ test....
It's more like a dating site profile mixed with some knowledge questions.

Those that DO know their powers are with JENNY, save for Cody who's facing Serk.
Those with JENNY are going to the computer area to have their palms read and their innards checked out.
She's running a diagnostics on you and setting your base line.
She's also testing to see what your powers are so she can equip Serk with the correct weapons (she wants you to lose).

NEED FROM YOU
You need to send me a PM stating whether or not you know your powers so I can get a headcount. PMs need to be titled Superheroes.

Codette: Cody knows her power is fire.
Ascadellia: Katje is unaware of the fact that she has a power.
Esmme: Nym: Doesn't know about his powers, but Anguish manifests when he's too emotionally riled (or when the creature obtains a good hold on his mind). Anguish knows about the abilities he has. Nym does not. Nym is currently ruled by Anguish. He is in the room with JENNY.
Esmme: Pepper: Pepper knows about the technological advances she's used to keep herself young and alive. She doesn't know about her "abilities" (her strange charm-like touch). Pepper is still adjusting to her occasional strange reactions to her inbred tech - she's a bit faster now, and her reflexes are better than before. Pepper is currently with Jacen as they take their IQ tests.
Whimsical Sadist: Devyn Foxe knows of her mind minuplation abilities, mind psionic blast, and power sensing. She doesn't quite know about her superhuman tracking or superhuman agility. She just thinks she trained to become that way and was chosen to be an assassin because of her hard work.
Ever_After: Tessa does not know of her powers.
Wavi: Jacen is taking his test.
Wavi: JENNY is currently with those who know their powers.
Wavi: Serk is going up against Cody.
April: Confirming that Alex Magnus (a.k.a. "Mod") doesn't know his powers yet.

One More Thing
If you are a villain or currently not with JENNY, I need a PM from you stating where you are and what you're doing.

Ascadellia: Magnus is heading to the meeting spot. Arriving late to meet JENNY.
MintyRey: Glitch just arrived at the White Snakes hideout and is currently with Shi.
Ever_After:Vance (villain) does know he has control over human emotions.
Wavi: Shi and Kent are at the White Snakes hideout.

LAST COMMENT
A new rule will be in affect soon. A PM will be sent to all members explaining what said rule is.

Last edited by Wavi; 06-20-2012 at 12:05 PM..