Finna
Nervous Nancy. Huff huff...

Old 01-17-2014, 12:46 AM

I searched, but I didn't find any sort of topic on this hobby, so I decided to bring it up.

So, one of my hobbies is kimono collecting and dressing. Not quite the robes that you buy at an asian gift store that come with a matching tie-sash, but rather, the traditional piece that takes a lot of time and learning to dress in.

For almost 7 years I've been involved in learning about kimono, how to tie obi, and the various formality rules.

I suppose it's a shot in the dark, but is there anybody who is interested in this hobby or already spends time and money on it? If you want to see, I can post pictures of my own kimono dressing, as well! The posted picture is actually an outfit I dressed my mannequin in. :)

P.S. Here's my kimono tumblr blog.
No Kimono, No Life!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-04-2014, 08:11 AM

Oh wow, that's really cool! I've always been interested in kimono, but I haven't had the chance to learn the specifics about the formal kinds. I own a yukata that I can put on by myself for festivals, but it has an attachable bow so it's cheating. I don't know how to properly tie an obi yet.

I'm looking into salons that do wedding kimono fittings and matching hair design/decoration since my fiance and I are getting married at a shrine later this year. Apparently there's a lot to keep in mind about matching accessory colors, so I'm just going to rent a complete set so I won't be matching things improperly.

How many kimono do you own? Do you do tea ceremony as well?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 AM

oh my goodness, this kimono is beautiful!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2014, 07:49 PM

*Follows on tumblr*

I love the kimono pics on your blog!