nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 AM

They're doubled, and have some stuffing in them - to make them look bulgy, with another one sewn on top, and then the sequin and the bead on top of all of that. That little one took me about 6 hours of handsewing - most of which was done in one sitting - to make. I have another one - an all red octopus - that took me over 8 hours to make. >.<

She doesn't have a name, haven't been able to come up with a good one yet.

And this is another one I'm rather proud of - I made this one for my mom. :] She loves goldfinches.

Edit:
The red one - her name is Rosey

Last edited by nemo.love_22; 09-19-2013 at 07:09 AM..

M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Oh, no, I haven't started on anything yet. Though I was thinking about it, and I just remembered that my boyfriend's sister just had a baby, so if I do make some plushes, there's a good receptacle for the ones that come out good and don't have any buttons or other choke-on-able parts!
Okedokeys!

Awww, that's so nice
There's a lot of baby tutorials and sewing projects on Pinterest -- especially for girls. lol If you ever want to venture around to making clothes or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
I do handsewn felt animals - but I don't have any of my felt supplies down at school with me as I didn't think I'd have time, and now I wish I had all my stuff down here with me. :(

But this is one of my favorites that I've made. :]
My rainbow octopus. ^_^

Ooo. Did you use beads for his eyes?

Are your weekends busy as well? Weekends and holidays are the only times I can see lots of people working on things they want to. Otherwise, they're busy with something else xD

---------- Post added 09-19-2013 at 10:41 AM ----------

I love that gold finch! Although, I've never seen one

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-19-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Edit:
The red one - her name is Rosey
OH MY GAWD.. I love her!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Ooo. Did you use beads for his eyes?

Are your weekends busy as well? Weekends and holidays are the only times I can see lots of people working on things they want to. Otherwise, they're busy with something else xD

---------- Post added 09-19-2013 at 10:41 AM ----------

I love that gold finch! Although, I've never seen one
Her eyes, but yes - it's two layers of felt, with stuffing, then another layer sewn on top of that, and then a sequin, and a bead on top of that for each eye. :]

I've not slowed down since I moved down here a month ago. Like seriously doing something every day, and the stress has finally caught up to me, believe me, it's not fun. But I am slowly taking time to reassure my roommate that she's not a bad roommate - half of the craziness this past month is due to her - but not in a bad way, it's hard to explain - and that she needs to focus on getting better now. We didn't expect for all of this to happen.

I don't see them much where I am now, but they're everywhere - goldfinches - everywhere at home. I'm really pleased with how lifelike the felt one turned out. :] It was a bit tricky, as there was a lot of free hand embroidery to get pieces to look just right and that's one of my weaknesses. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
OH MY GAWD.. I love her!
She's the one that took me like 8 hours to do, gah... it was over 100 degrees F outside - I think it was like 112 F that day, and I Was sitting inside with the Air Conditioner on, watching Doctor Who and sewing her. Although I do like the rainbow one better, only because I'm not a fan of things that are solidly one color, it made it kinda boring, if that made sense? But I do like her. :] I am proud of her. I met someone who wanted me to make them one, and I Told them no because I make one, and hand stitching for that long... O.o You get attached, and I can't put a value on it because I am not making them to sell, I'm more making them because I'm bored and I wanted something to do. :P

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM

They're all very nice. I've only ever made "flat" stuffed felt critters, so these are really impressive in their overall 3D-ness. :) I totally know what you mean about getting attached to something you've made and having a hard time thinking of selling them.

The rainbow one is very cute too. Something about Rosey just calls to me though. <3

112 F? Eeergh. Sounds like where I live.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
They're all very nice. I've only ever made "flat" stuffed felt critters, so these are really impressive in their overall 3D-ness. :) I totally know what you mean about getting attached to something you've made and having a hard time thinking of selling them.

The rainbow one is very cute too. Something about Rosey just calls to me though. <3

112 F? Eeergh. Sounds like where I live.
I'm not a fan of solid colors. Reason that Rosey is solid red was because my brother suggested that I make it in red. >.< HAHA! Silly me, listened to him.

I like the 3-Dness of them too. Yeah, especially when you put so much time and energy and finger pricks (because I don't like thimbles), can't put a price on that, just like with my photography.

IT was like that for about 2 weeks, between 110 to 116 for 2 weeks, it was torture! O.o And then I moved down to where I am now, and it was in the 100's but it was humid. D: I thought I Was going to die... not really, but I felt like it. XP

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 PM

That finch is so cute, nemo!

My only free time is usually on Thursday evenings and Fridays... Saturdays and Sundays I spend with my boyfriend, and the rest of the week I'm usually in school or need to be doing homework, if anything. I'll get to a plushie... eventually.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Her eyes, but yes - it's two layers of felt, with stuffing, then another layer sewn on top of that, and then a sequin, and a bead on top of that for each eye. :]

I've not slowed down since I moved down here a month ago. Like seriously doing something every day, and the stress has finally caught up to me, believe me, it's not fun. But I am slowly taking time to reassure my roommate that she's not a bad roommate - half of the craziness this past month is due to her - but not in a bad way, it's hard to explain - and that she needs to focus on getting better now. We didn't expect for all of this to happen.

I don't see them much where I am now, but they're everywhere - goldfinches - everywhere at home. I'm really pleased with how lifelike the felt one turned out. :] It was a bit tricky, as there was a lot of free hand embroidery to get pieces to look just right and that's one of my weaknesses. xD
Aha! I got it right :) I can see. It's like the inverted way of making an octopus. You've got the right idea, you just cut out 4 pieces that are shaped kind of like a leaf and then you sew them together one by one, on the traced lines.

I want to attempt to make my octopus kinda of like Ty's stuffed beanie babies. They made a polka-dotted pink octopus with BIG glittery purple eyes! ITS SO CUTE But the octopus legs are sewn on like a bottom half instead of sewing the legs on one by one. I wish I had a tutorial for that. T A T;

Oh, well I hope she gets better. And I hope your nerves don't get shot. I can understand that perfectly and I feel for you! Hopefully the craziness will lessen so you can.

Well, you're very lucky! The only birds I see are Hawks, Vultures, Red Cardinals, Blue Jays, Robins and sparrows. That's about it. :(

rofl - I don't fancy thimbles myself. I've stabbed myself quite a lot lately.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 PM

Blue jays are so cool though, Miro! They're very smart and have funny personalities. I used to have a couple that would build a nest and have chicks every year in a tree in my yard. One year my cat was at the window next to our fence and one of the blue jays was perched on the fence. Once he saw my cat, instead of getting scared and flying away, he started taunting my cat! He started bouncing up and down going "wee-woo!" the whole time staring at my cat. He basically going "YEAH, YOU WANT SOME OF THIS? WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT PUNK, YOU INSIDE!" He did that for about five minutes. My cat was so mad, he was grumbling and growling, and the whole time the blue jay was just like "wee-woo! "

Robins are dumb shits, though. >> They run/fly right in front of your car like they're deer. I see so many dead robins in the road during their mating season. Come on, you can fly, there is no reason for you to be hit by cars!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
That finch is so cute, nemo!

My only free time is usually on Thursday evenings and Fridays... Saturdays and Sundays I spend with my boyfriend, and the rest of the week I'm usually in school or need to be doing homework, if anything. I'll get to a plushie... eventually.
Thanks!! <3 Mom loved it, so that's what matters.

I like literally almost don't have any free time. I act like I do, but I don't. I've been on the go since I got to school a month ago.

Quote:
Aha! I got it right :) I can see. It's like the inverted way of making an octopus. You've got the right idea, you just cut out 4 pieces that are shaped kind of like a leaf and then you sew them together one by one, on the traced lines.

I want to attempt to make my octopus kinda of like Ty's stuffed beanie babies. They made a polka-dotted pink octopus with BIG glittery purple eyes! ITS SO CUTE But the octopus legs are sewn on like a bottom half instead of sewing the legs on one by one. I wish I had a tutorial for that. T A T;

Oh, well I hope she gets better. And I hope your nerves don't get shot. I can understand that perfectly and I feel for you! Hopefully the craziness will lessen so you can.

Well, you're very lucky! The only birds I see are Hawks, Vultures, Red Cardinals, Blue Jays, Robins and sparrows. That's about it. :(

rofl - I don't fancy thimbles myself. I've stabbed myself quite a lot lately.
Yeah! :] Oh, that's how the main body is made - the four pieces, then 3 pieces, for the eyes, and then the 16 (8 pairs) for the legs, and then six sequins and seed beads (6) for each leg. O.o It is VERY time consuiming.

I do like your octopus, I saw the picture. Totally adorable!

We'll see... oh, too late for me, I've been basically breaking down on the phone with my bestfriend a lot lately - basically sobbing. I can't take this anymore. I doubt it will lessen... I Try, but stress follows me, and I can't get rid of it, no matter how much I try. :(

I don't have a lot of birds around here, that I've seen - I'm living 7 hours from home now. Oh, we do have mockingbirds here. XD

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 AM

I haven't sewn any plushies in a while. I am just really getting back into sewing. In the last 2 weeks I have hand stitched 4 assorted sizes of Hello Kitty pillows for a friend. She loved them.
It has been making me want to sew more, but I need more free time.

@ Nemo ~ I love the goldfinch. It is so adorable.

@ Miro ~ Gonna subscribe to this thread so I can look at the tutorials & patterns later.
Thanks for sharing the information & links. :D

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 PM

Thanks Damia. :]

I don't have any freetime either, and don't have any of my felt supplies down at school with me, so all my friends who want something, they'll have to wait probably till Christmas or Summer of next year, I need to stop taking on too many projects.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Blue jays are so cool though, Miro! They're very smart and have funny personalities. I used to have a couple that would build a nest and have chicks every year in a tree in my yard. One year my cat was at the window next to our fence and one of the blue jays was perched on the fence. Once he saw my cat, instead of getting scared and flying away, he started taunting my cat! He started bouncing up and down going "wee-woo!" the whole time staring at my cat. He basically going "YEAH, YOU WANT SOME OF THIS? WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT PUNK, YOU INSIDE!" He did that for about five minutes. My cat was so mad, he was grumbling and growling, and the whole time the blue jay was just like "wee-woo! "

Robins are dumb shits, though. >> They run/fly right in front of your car like they're deer. I see so many dead robins in the road during their mating season. Come on, you can fly, there is no reason for you to be hit by cars!
They are! Oooo, that's unfair. XD We've never gotten any nice birds... just Robins, Squirrels, stray cats and Bunnies. I've always wanted a Cardinal or a Blue Macaw. B) But those things are probably hecka expensive.

ROFL Kinda reminds me of that one episode on the Big Bang theory where the Blue Jay didn't fly away from Sheldon.

And yes... Robins aren't really spiffy. They get killed a lot like squirrels.

Quote:
Thanks!! <3 Mom loved it, so that's what matters.

I like literally almost don't have any free time. I act like I do, but I don't. I've been on the go since I got to school a month ago.

Yeah! :] Oh, that's how the main body is made - the four pieces, then 3 pieces, for the eyes, and then the 16 (8 pairs) for the legs, and then six sequins and seed beads (6) for each leg. O.o It is VERY time consuiming.

I do like your octopus, I saw the picture. Totally adorable!

We'll see... oh, too late for me, I've been basically breaking down on the phone with my bestfriend a lot lately - basically sobbing. I can't take this anymore. I doubt it will lessen... I Try, but stress follows me, and I can't get rid of it, no matter how much I try. :(

I don't have a lot of birds around here, that I've seen - I'm living 7 hours from home now. Oh, we do have mockingbirds here. XD
You're welcome!

Hahaha! I don't think sewing can not be time consuming. > w >; Mmm. I'm just going to have to see how the Tys Octopus beanie baby tentacles are sewn together.

Thank you! I still haven't finished it, though.

Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
I haven't sewn any plushies in a while. I am just really getting back into sewing. In the last 2 weeks I have hand stitched 4 assorted sizes of Hello Kitty pillows for a friend. She loved them.
It has been making me want to sew more, but I need more free time.

@ Nemo ~ I love the goldfinch. It is so adorable.

@ Miro ~ Gonna subscribe to this thread so I can look at the tutorials & patterns later.
Thanks for sharing the information & links. :D
Wooo! Welcome back to sewing! and yay! <3
You're welcome

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
You're welcome!

Hahaha! I don't think sewing can not be time consuming. > w >; Mmm. I'm just going to have to see how the Tys Octopus beanie baby tentacles are sewn together.

Thank you! I still haven't finished it, though.

Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Hahaha, very very true there! But most of the time, it's worth it in the end. And good luck to you! Hopefully you'll like it once it is finished.

Yeah, as soon as I think I've managed to deal with the stress.. it's back again... I'm almost to the point of wishing I had not moved down here, because if I knew that it would be like this, I, honestly, wouldn't have come, even though it is where I need to be for my major.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-04-2013, 02:48 AM

I really want to make that Totoro plushie for a friend for Christmas.
Has anyone seen any Hello Kitty plushie projects? I would love to find one for the Devilish looking Hello Kitty to make for her.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Hahaha, very very true there! But most of the time, it's worth it in the end. And good luck to you! Hopefully you'll like it once it is finished.

Yeah, as soon as I think I've managed to deal with the stress.. it's back again... I'm almost to the point of wishing I had not moved down here, because if I knew that it would be like this, I, honestly, wouldn't have come, even though it is where I need to be for my major.
Yes ^^ I need to get some non-stitch glue to glue the legs on the Octopus.
I phailed epically on the one I was doing before and the bottom looked horrid...

Aw... How much is left to finish your major? (I'm not sure if I asked this or if you said it before)

Quote:
I really want to make that Totoro plushie for a friend for Christmas.
Has anyone seen any Hello Kitty plushie projects? I would love to find one for the Devilish looking Hello Kitty to make for her.
oooo, you should!!!! 8)

Um. I have come acrossed an asian plushy sewing pattern... but it's pretty vague.
That and it isn't very clear, at all. I can try to find some, though.

BUT I FINISHED the raccoon that I was working on: TADAAAAAH xD

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote:
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO PIN YOUR PROJECTS!

Miro's Soft Plush Project(s) [All Handmade]
Previous Projects
Plush Bulk Preview
Purple Octopus (I custom made a pattern for the Octopus)
Raccoon
Current SPP Halloween Wolf
Materials
* Felt (25 cents each OR 4 for $1.oo @ Hobby Lobby)
* All Purpose Thread (Price varies from store to store)
* 1oo% Poly-Fil 12 oz ($2.99 @ Hobby Lobby)
* Plastic black eyes & noses (99cents @ Hobby Lobby)
Pattern Credits Cheek&Stitch + TeacupLion ([PM me for her Shop Link])

Quote:
CUT OF THE WEEK: Will you be here?! The three top user favorites win 1,ooo Gold! :D
When the voting starts, users will PM (private message) me votes! DON'T POST YOUR VOTE HERE

Vote for your favorite user posted handmade sewing soft plush projects!
Only 3 will be displayed at a time, each week by your fellow menewshians!
Don't forget to pin yourself! (if you have finished projects) or currently are working on a project.
View Org. Post with the Pinning Form

Last edited by M i r o; 10-11-2013 at 04:30 PM..

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 10-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yes ^^ I need to get some non-stitch glue to glue the legs on the Octopus.
I phailed epically on the one I was doing before and the bottom looked horrid...

Aw... How much is left to finish your major? (I'm not sure if I asked this or if you said it before)
Awww, good luck with that. Both my octopi - I hand sewed the legs on, it took me awhile, but I feel like I did a decent job. :]

I have another 2 to 2 1/2 years (counting this term), depending on if I can get classes I need. >.< ((And I don't think you've asked before, no worries.)) But things just don't seem to be settling down... blah blah blah. >.< *sighs* If it was just classes, I'd probably be able to handle it, but right now, it's still other things too. Yay! *sarcasm*

And that raccoon is adorable. And if I had any of my crafting supplies down here with me, I'd probably be working on something but none of it is down here at school with me. :(

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Oh! This is a lovely idea. May have to give making one of those (probably the Totoro) a whirl when I have a bit more time. So...some time not in October. ^.^;

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 02:50 AM

Miro ~ the Raccoon is adorable.
I still haven't had time to work on anything yet. I'm afraid costumes for the Renaissance Faire have eaten up the time I did have to work on stuff. I was decorating wings & decorating/making a fairy creature to carry around with me. My little Who Fairy got a lot of attention. Next my husband is wanting us to work on Steampunk costumes.
Maybe I will find time to make the Totoro or Hello Kitty before Christmas.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 AM

Fancy finding the thread when I had an inkling to start making plush salamanders >0>
Very suspicious of you miroro

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Awww, good luck with that. Both my octopi - I hand sewed the legs on, it took me awhile, but I feel like I did a decent job. :]

I have another 2 to 2 1/2 years (counting this term), depending on if I can get classes I need. >.< ((And I don't think you've asked before, no worries.)) But things just don't seem to be settling down... blah blah blah. >.< *sighs* If it was just classes, I'd probably be able to handle it, but right now, it's still other things too. Yay! *sarcasm*

And that raccoon is adorable. And if I had any of my crafting supplies down here with me, I'd probably be working on something but none of it is down here at school with me. :(
I'd say so too. Your Octopi are very unique. I'm always hazy about using those disc material accessories because they can pop off. Especially on clothes. xD I don't know what they're called, though.

Ohboy... that is some tedious course work to get through. And okedokey! I was just making sure. I can repeat myself sometimes

Well, life can getchu down. I understand ~

Thank you! He turned out great. Although, his tail stripes weren't aligned in the beginning. I don't know how that happened... so, I had to use the ladder stitch to tightly sew/pull the stripes in-line with each other. xD I stabbed myself a lot.

Aw... T . T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Oh! This is a lovely idea. May have to give making one of those (probably the Totoro) a whirl when I have a bit more time. So...some time not in October. ^.^;
woooo! You're always welcome to have at it, Seribooo!

Some time not in October? XD
November then?

Quote:
Miro ~ the Raccoon is adorable.
I still haven't had time to work on anything yet. I'm afraid costumes for the Renaissance Faire have eaten up the time I did have to work on stuff. I was decorating wings & decorating/making a fairy creature to carry around with me. My little Who Fairy got a lot of attention. Next my husband is wanting us to work on Steampunk costumes.
Maybe I will find time to make the Totoro or Hello Kitty before Christmas.
Ouch. Renaissance!? I want to see some of your stuff (if that's okay) :D! I've never been to a RF.
I kinda... try to limit the nerdiness I have. But I do love certain Medieval Queen/Princess dresses.

Recently I have been watching the new TV-show, Reign. Have you watched it yet? It's really interesting.

I love fairy related things, though. It makes me squeee! Oooo, Steampunk! That sounds great as well > w < I love the clock-work and leather that goes into making those outfits. Especially the clock-work *oogle-sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_mew View Post
Fancy finding the thread when I had an inkling to start making plush salamanders >0>
Very suspicious of you miroro
SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<
Aww! Pffffftttttt I didn't know you were gonna be makin' those!

Are you going to be making the glittery scale-ly ones that they sell in shops? Or are they gonna be cartoon-y?

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Cartoony ones all the way!!!
Making them based off of an online comic homestuck which has some ADORABLE SALAMANDERS
Yellow ones!!!
But it is put on the side since I've got to clean my life up from all my clutter!

Did you get on for the Halloween event? I don't think I saw you!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 PM

w000t!!!! Cartoon FTW * w *

Is Homestuck an ongoing series? lul I still know nothing much about it.
But anything you make will be AWESOME!

er... I don't think I did. I wasn't feeling good.
I spent the entire day with my guy, watching Halloween-y things, while he ate candy.

Were you?

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 PM

So I decided to be crafty - took some work and people to help me (a friend to make and scan a pattern to email to me, and my mom to post me a box of some supplies) but I managed it! :)

I made a little pocket for an iPod (but it does fit an iPhone as well.) :)

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-29-2014, 05:03 AM

@miro
Homestuck is currently still an ongoing web comic!
Though it's on a giga hiatus while the creator finishes other business and finishes the last chapters! (He will crash many sites, including his own on several occasions for several hours, with uploading it all in one update as opposed to his usual page or two a day pace. :0

In the past week I have gone back to crocheting. I've done Kirby and am finishing up a monkey [though I don't have pictures]. Both were for birthday presents (-:

How is your guy, still lovey dovey? C: <33
(Yes I was sort of active for the halloween event as in i got on every day but wasn't actively talking all days)

@nemo love
ohh!! It's super cute-I love its arms reaching up to giggle! My friend LOVES pandas, maybe I can make her something similar for her phone. Did you make it out of felt?