sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-09-2016, 10:22 PM

Maria thinks about it for a little while before answering the servants. "I would like you two help lift my self up. into the large pool please yet I do have a few questions. what kind of plant life is in this tank? is their any echo system in this tank?" Maria ask them trying to get a feel for it. before going in with out upsetting it. she even wonder if there was place to hide in?

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2016, 10:37 PM

"Okay, sure Ms. North." The servants braked the fish tank so that it would not move, and then they helped lift the mermaid out of the tank into the pool of water.

Then, they listened patiently and answered her other questions. "There are a lot of different kinds of seaweed and kelp that grow in this body of water," they said. "There are also a lot of phytoplankton and zooplankton, as well as a lot of small shrimps and squids, which are what the fish like herrings, mackerel, and salmon eat. We have those fish in here because they serve as food for the dolphins."

As they started to sweep up the water the dripped from the fish tank, they asked the mermaid, "Do you also eat those kinds of plants and fish? We can add more food to the water since you are joining the ecosystem." They wanted to make sure that she would have plenty to eat.

Meanwhile, Trevor was asking other servants to bring the baby dragon to the dragon cave enclosure where he had a few dragons already.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-09-2016, 11:43 PM

"Thank you for the help. yes I do eat salmon as well the kelp and sea weed. but I eat more salt water fish. I do like coral,sea sponges I have yet. to try squid I shall have to give it a try." she says to them but was trying to think about. other things she would eat when hunting for food. yet wonder if any tank would be able. to have some stuff form a sunk ship in it? Maria loves exploring sunk ships even trying to read human books.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2016, 12:31 AM

"That is good that you will be able to eat those. We also have some coral and sea sponges growing on the other end of the pool if you want to go exploring later. Meanwhile, we can release some more fish into the pool so that you will have enough food." The servants walked to a nearby fishtank with some assorted fish swimming in it and used a net to transfer some of them into the pool so that the mermaid could snack on them if she wished to.

"Mr. Silvern has an enormous library of books," the servants replied. "We can let him know that you are interested in reading human books, and maybe we can figure out a way to make them water proof so you can read them. But we have to ask him and the librarian first before we can lend you any of them."

"And with regards to the sunken ship, that is certainly an interesting request. We have never had a mermaid here before, so we do not have any sunken ships on hand to allow you to explore in. But we will let Mr. Silvern know and see if we can accommodate your request somehow."

The servants bowed. "Oh, and we understand that you would like a home of some sort as well, where you can sleep and keep your treasures, perhaps? We will also tell Mr. Silvern of this request."

One of the servants took out his phone to text Mr. Silvern the requests for human books as well as an underwater dwelling of some sort. And a sunken ship to explore.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-10-2016, 04:52 AM

Maria was a little shock by what one of the humans had taken out. "Wait I was only thinking about a skunk ship. I would be fine with giant clam as a bed. but I only think about the skunk ship. one may not fit in a tank." Maria speak up before starting to swim away. she did not wish to anger the human man that had bought her. with ridiculous request for things that may not fit inside a man made thing such as tank.

She looks around while swimming. trying to find a place to go take a nap at. Maria finds a flat looking rock to lay down on. with algae grown on it on top. it look like a nice place to take a nap on. he wonder if the dolphins like to lay down on it?

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2016, 05:11 PM

"Oh she swam away," one of the servants said. They stood a little confused at first but thought that maybe the mermaid was shocked by the smartphone they had taken out of their pocket? But before she swam away, they heard her say that maybe she could have a giant clam shell as a bed, since a sunken ship would not fit into the enclosure.

"Okay, we will ask Mr. Silvern if we can get you a giant clam shell," the servants called out to the mermaid as she swam away. Then, they gave Mr. Silvern the text about the giant clam shell as a bed.

Meanwhile, other servants had brought the baby dragon to the dragon cave, where a dragon couple was living. Mr. Silvern's great-great-grandparents had purchased these two dragons many years ago as babies as well, and they grew up very friendly under the family's loving care. But unfortunately, their attempts to produce dragon children had been unsuccessful so far. So perhaps this dragon couple would like to have this baby dragon to take care of and raise. And indeed, the dragon couple was delighted by the sight of such a tiny version of themselves that they took the baby dragon gently into their arms and flew deeper into their cave, and the servants bowed and left to give them some privacy.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2016, 05:16 PM

While all of this was happening, Trevor had just respectfully declined to purchase two giant pandas from two separate businesspeople, thinking that it would be too difficult to maintain these gentle bamboo-eating mammals. While he did not have any pandas in his private zoo yet, he knew that these animals were endangered and that it was very difficult to breed them. So he kindly asked them if they could please give them or sell them to one of the many zoos that would benefit from having them as additions to their breeding and protection programs.

His smartphone tapped his wrist to let him know that he had texts coming in. He read them quickly as he walked towards the next caravan. The texts were from the servants who were helping the mermaid, Maria North. Okay, that is good that she eats the same diet as the dolphins, he thought to himself. And I'm glad they added more of the fish to the water so she could eat them. And she would like a giant clam shell to sleep in or...a sunken ship? Hmm that might too big for the dolphin enclosure. Ah and she wants to read human books. Okay, I will look into that later.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 AM

Four hours later Maria wakes up form her nap. she yawns out softly before starting to move around. okay the flat rock was not a good choice. to take a nap on even if it dose has moss algae on it. after a few minutes she starts to swim around. in the big open space she pass by a some dolphins that. look like they where enjoying a nice swim.

Maria was careful around the ones she had not been around before. she then starts to look for a soft sea sponge. wanting to gather a few maybe try. find something to sew some up to make a pillow. to lay her head down on next time she try's to get some rest.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-11-2016, 05:49 AM

Four hours later, Trevor had finished meeting with most of the caravans. He was extremely efficient with the entire process. He had purposely organized it so that the caravans were lined up all around his premises in a single file so that he would be able to just walk in a straight line around and be able to see everything. For all of the caravans that did not have any animal or plantlife that he would be interested in, he allowed them to leave immediately. He was very respectful about it and with his bodyguard right next to him, no one protested. The caravans who were dismissed could either leave the premises and go about their way, or they could park on the other side and visit his exhibits if they wished, since they were given free entry to the zoo if they already rsvp'd for business matters. This freed up space so that the next caravans could move up in the line. It was all very efficient.

By the end of the mermaid's four-hour nap, Trevor had purchased two dragon eggs (which the servants gave to the dragon couple in the dragon cave), an albino giraffe (which other servants wheeled to the herbivore enclosure), an assorted array of colorful fish to add to his small aquariums in some of the rooms in the castle for his family and guests to enjoy, an albino male peacock, a small golden wyvern (still in its cage while some of the servants tried to figure out whether the dragon couple would take it in), a bundle of butterflies (both rare and common), several rare rodents and reptiles, and many other species. He also bought an albino dolphin and three vaquitas, which the servants wheeled to the dolphin enclosure. He was charmed by how small and cute the vaquitas were and was also happy to get an albino dolphin since he did not have one:

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-11-2016, 11:24 PM

Maria keeps swimming around after getting two small sea sponges. she then looks for something to use as needle. some thread form her scarf would. work to sew the two sponges since it was soak with salt water already. maybe a sharp piece's of coral would work? she would have to eat some save the sharp ends. but where could she hide it with out the dolphins getting to them?

She was not use to being in such a big tank. plus it would take sometime for her find some hiding spots. to save things at besides trying to find. a comfy place to sleep at besides sand are flat rock. it would take her a couple of try's. but for now she was not hungry so swimming kept her busy.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-13-2016, 10:18 PM

An hour and a half, Trevor finally finished meeting with all of the caravans. The exhibit had opened at 1pm, it had taken about thirty minutes to get the mermaid situated in her new habitat, and then another five and a half hours to finish meeting with all of the caravans. The clock tower chimed seven times. It was 7PM but since it was summertime, it was still bright outside. The sun would not set for another hour and a half, but Trevor efficiently bid adieu to all of the businesspeople and organized his servants to deliver the new animals and plants to where they should be in the zoo. He would check back on them later.

Trevor decided to have a quick dinner before meeting with the guests of his exhibit. He usually liked to have sit-down dinners but since it was a busy day, he had prepared a simple chicken sandwich and salad. So he grabbed those and headed towards the dolphin exhibit where the new mermaid was, to talk with her some more.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-13-2016, 11:07 PM

Maria swims around yet found a hiding spot. to put the sea sponges in a small rock covered area. she was unsure if the dolphins could get to it. if so she would not be to shock by it. just a bit annoyed cause giant clams pearl's are not all that soft. normally a pillow made out of old dead jelly fish. would,work back home when she was growing up as a kid. she was now adult that had to figure things out for her self. especially now she is on land in man made water space called a tank.

The mermaid could not help but miss her ocean home. how many years would she be on land for? if its for the rest of her life it would be bit. sad for her knowing her parents would worry about her. not getting any visits form her once every two months. Maria had made sure make time to see them before. but being away form the sea was still all so new to her. how could she a mermaid escape land? she had notice the humans had something called legs. even something on the end of the legs called feet. the fishermen tolled her it was help them get around.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 PM

Trevor was still biting into his chicken sandwich when he entered the enclosure where the dolphins and now, the mermaid, were. There was a platform around the edge of the enclosure, plus a path that crossed some parts of it, so that he could walk through it and see what was happening. His bodyguard had already eaten dinner and followed him to make sure nothing happened but the dolphin enclosure was usually pretty safe because the dolphins were all very nice to the humans. Maybe it was because they gave them food but still nice nevertheless. The new dolphins, the vaquitas and the albino dolphin, had joined the large body of water and were exploring.

Trevor looked around and tried to see where the mermaid was. He walked along the platform and finished his sandwich. He had a salad before, but he decided to just put the salad leaves into his sandwich. So he finished his dinner while walking to find the mermaid to chat with her before he went to greet the guests.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-13-2016, 11:39 PM

Miss North swims up to the water's surface when. she heard the door open up then notice Mr. Silvern had came in. with one of his body guards fallowing him. yet she was a bit shy this time only staying quite this time. Maria would need time get use to her new owner as well his staff. but notice platform she had only notice till now. before when she had been on it.

She had not notice it that much before. but could say the dolphins so far had been nice to her. there was a few new ones that. must have been added in to the tank. before will she was napping hours a ago. but so far Maria did not feel at home here yet. but then again this only felt like one part of their ocean home. she had loved going to the north pole on vacation. it was prefect way to cool off in the summer time. rarely her family would go to other parts far form there home.

Her family lived in the north pacific ocean waters. the had family in the south pacific mostly some extend ones. if her family had traveled more often. she would have know the rest of the sea better. not getting lost after leaving home. to find a place of her own to live in some ware. Maria had not found a new home before. being caught but had stayed in some under water towns. a couple of city's to each place was nice in it own way. but not the homey feeling she had been trying to find.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2016, 01:10 AM

Trevor glanced at his smart watch. It was 7:05pm. He figured he could greet the guests at 7:30pm. Of course, the visitors were not allowed to go everywhere in the private zoo. There were some restricted areas, such as this dolphin exhibit. The visitors could see the dolphins inside through the glass wall, but they were not allowed to walk inside on the platform for safety reasons. So any conversations he had in here with the mermaid would be private.

He noticed that the mermaid swam up to the surface nearby when he came in.

"Hello," he said. He crouched down so he was closer to the platform and could talk to her more face to face. "I have about twenty minutes before I am greeting the visitors to the exhibit, and I wanted to see how you were doing."

He paused but the mermaid seemed to be more shy this time and was quiet, so he continued talking in a calm voice.

"My servants texted me that you eat many of the same fish the dolphins do, so they added more fish to the water. And that you wanted to read human books and also have a place where you would get some privacy from the dolphins. I have a large library of books that you are welcome to read, except that they are not waterproof. Do you have any specific books you wanted to read? I can ask my servants to make a waterproof copy for you. Additionally, I had the idea that we could build a small underwater castle for you. There is limited room so it will not be very big, but at least you could have a bed inside it and a place to store things. What do you think of this idea?"

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 PM

"I don't have any specific books. I just wish to read about this world that you live in. but as for a castle normally royalty live in them. I'm just a normal mermaid with no royal heritage. in my family tree we only had some barons and baroness's in the past. but a seashell cottage would be just fine. but as for the giant clam shell I was hoping. if I could have one in my own tank. that is if its not to much trouble if so. then you can pick what I can use to sleep in." Maria says to Trevor in a clam tone of voice. trying to explain her reason a castle would seem. sort of odd for her to live in.

She wonder why he has think about a castle for in the first place? even most merfolks knew. only royal family's could live in castle's. some live in homes they made them selves are sometimes sea caves. others would try live in homes made by others. that they would pay to build a home for them. her family was only slightly rich not near enough. to be part of the royal court like they. had been in the past that was rare for the North blood line. it only happen every 30 year are so.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2016, 09:43 PM

"Alright," Trevor said. He had the idea of an underwater castle because some of his smaller fish tanks had castles for decoration, which fish could swim into and out of. But he was okay with whatever design the mermaid wanted. "Just a moment. I will message my servants to ask around, as I have wealthy guests and some businesspeople in my exhibits right now. I am sure they will find someone they can order those from. I will be greeting them this evening as well to follow up with them for more details."

Trevor proceeded to quickly message his servants on his smart phone, and then turned his attention back to the mermaid. He had some further questions. "How did you learn to read?" he asked. "And what level of reading are you?" He was wondering what kinds of books he should give to the mermaid, if she could read long novels or if she preferred easier reads like children's books.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-14-2016, 09:58 PM

Maria listens to Mr.Silvern talk till he was. ready to ask her a questions again. "I had gone to school to learn how to read. but yet I like novels more then little kid books. my reading lv is high school,never been to collage." she admit's while starting to blush a bit. her cheeks where turning pink due to embarrassment. only rarely would she talk about her school life. it was not the best at times due to weather.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-15-2016, 02:08 AM

Trevor listened patiently and attentively to the mermaid's reply, and he became curious why she stopped going to school in high school and did not go to college. But he noticed that her cheeks became pink when she told him. I wonder why she is embarrassed, he thought to himself. He wondered if maybe she wanted to continue college someday? But he was not sure if he should ask if she would be embarrassed by the question.

So instead, he nodded and said he had a lot of books he could give her after his servants made a waterproof copy of them. He had a laminating machine so they could make copies of the pages and then seal them in plastic, so that the books would survive being underwater. Then, he excused himself quickly to make a phone call to his head librarian to let him know the mermaid's request. The librarian had already heard that there was a new mermaid because the other servants had been buzzing about the new species in the private zoo. So he was excited to help this mermaid by making some waterproof books for her.

Trevor thanked him and hung up the phone. "I was just on the phone with my head librarian," he told the mermaid. "He said he would make some waterproof copies of some books as soon as possible for you."

He quickly checked his watch. It was 7:22pm. He had to go greet the zoo visitors at 7:30pm so he figured he had to leave soon.

"I have to leave to greet my guests, but before I leave, is there anything else you wanted in addition to the cottage and the books?" he asked the mermaid.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-15-2016, 09:29 PM

"Maybe some treasure form a sunken ship. like jewelry,fabric,a music box,hour glass and harp. I would love some furniture but ones made out of sea shell's would. be impossible to find here on land. oh before I forget can I have a comb for my hair please?" Maria says while listing off things. that would look nice in her new home. the one thing she would have to try make on her own. would be a lamp that could work underwater. it would have to be made out a old lamp stand. with some glowing moonstones that would. have to be charged when a full moon is out.

She understood that Trevor had to go see his guest. after he would leave she would have some dinner. Maria was thinking of coral with some fish would be nice. maybe a bit of kelp on the side to make sure she had her greens. aw she forgot that sew cumbers are wonderful thing. later on she would have to ask for some.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2016, 04:29 PM

Trevor used his smartphone to record all of the mermaid's requests and sent the notes to his servants. He noted that luckily, the ceiling had many glass windows where the moonlight could shine inside to charge the moonstone lamp she wanted to make. Then, he bid adieu to the mermaid and walked briskly to greet his guests in the private zoo.

Within the next hour, servants arrived at the dolphin enclosure with many treasures for the mermaid. They were not all from sunken ships, but some of these items were bought and passed down through royal or wealthy families, so they hoped the mermaid would like them.

First, a servant brought several music boxes and an hour glass that the Silvern children had played with when they were young. She didn't know what kind of music box the mermaid wanted, like what song it should play or what it should look like, so she brought many of them so the mermaid could pick and choose which one she wanted. The mermaid could also have all of them if she desired.

Another couple of servants brought in an old but still functional harp with beautiful carvings. The harp was waterproof, so it would survive well underwater where the mermaid could keep it. This harp had been passed down through several generations in the family but since they had many other harps, Mr. Silvern said they could give this one to the mermaid.

More servants came that brought her several pieces of jewelry that were from a sunken ship. There was a necklace and earring set made of white pearl, a necklace and earring set made of pink pearl, and a necklace and earring set made of black pearl, as well as a bracelet that had all three kinds of pearl.
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Meanwhile, other servants were trying to find the other requests made by the mermaid.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-17-2016, 03:42 AM

Maria had eaten after Mr.Silvern had left. once the next hour came a long she started to swim. up to see what was going on hearing people walking in. to the room with all sort of things. once she realized it was some of things she had requested. so she started to take a look at them carefully. she like the harp a lot it was pretty in its own way. yet she was not really a fan of the pearl jewelry. the one out of them she dislike the most where the earrings.

She even explained to them. why she had dislike the human item that could. hurt a ear with metal rod. Maria had look over each music box. she pick one out that was oval shape with flowers on top. it has ballerina inside it when you open the top. playing violin music that made her think about home. "Thank you all for your help so far. I'm sorry I forgot to tell Mr.Silvern I'm not a fan of pearls. living in the ocean you see them all the time. if you can find a crystal necklace I'll be happy with that. oh I need a old lamp stand a medium size one. as well a few moonstone's pretty please." she says then takes each piece. down under water that she wish to keep in a nice area for now.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-17-2016, 04:39 AM

The servants were in awe of this mermaid who looked like half human and half fish. They tried to do their best to follow Mr. Silvern's instructions in trying to get the mermaid the things she wanted. They found out she did not like pearls much, especially the earrings, so they took those jewelry pieces back to trade it with some crystal jewelry. They understood that she saw pearls all the time so they were not very special to her. The servants were pleased that the mermaid found a music box that she liked. And they texted Mr. Silvern about the mermaid's request for an old medium-sized lamp stand and moonstones.

Over another hour, they brought the mermaid several crystal necklaces, bracelets, and also a few rings. They also brought her a lamp stand, but they did not have any moonstones on hand. So they told her they would look into purchasing some at the next festival or market they went to.

Meanwhile during these two hours that passed, Trevor greeted all of his visitors and showed them around the zoo if they were interested in a tour of the place. He also asked if anyone knew where he could get a seashell cottage for his new mermaid, and luckily there was a family who offered to visit the mermaid to learn more about her request.

It was 9:30PM when Trevor returned to the dolphin enclosure with the family to ask the mermaid about what she wanted for her seashell cottage, how it should look, and other details. The family studied marine biology and was friends with a mermaid/naiad hybrid who might be able to help them collect seashells and other materials to build the cottage.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-17-2016, 11:21 PM

With in those two hours Maria was quite happy. with the things they brought for her then had. to find a space for the new items some where. a home would be lovely once its made but it could be a small one. she was thinking up some ideas on how it would look.

When Mr.Silvern came back with a family of humans. she talk with them even tolled them how. it could look like with some seashell's on the outside of it. drift wood could work to make the frame of the cottage. she wanted it to look like a Victorian style one. but it could be a one story not two story.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-18-2016, 01:42 AM

The family listened patiently to the mermaid's description and suggestions for the seashell cottage and noted that it would be very possible that their friend would be able to help. The family had to leave soon because they lived far away, but they gave Trevor the contact information for their naiad/mermaid friend named Naia. He learned that Naia, being a naiad/mermaid hybrid, lived part of her life in the water and part of it on land because she had a human form.

Trevor had been jotting down notes on his smartphone about the cottage the mermaid wanted, and he forwarded a copy of his notes to both Naia and the family, who promised to be in touch about the progress. Just in case, Trevor also asked Naia if she happened to have any moonstones to give or sell to them so the mermaid could make a lamp.

Trevor thanked the family for their help with the seashell cottage as they said their good-byes and told the mermaid that it was very nice to meet her. Then, he waited to see if Naia would text him back about the cottage and moonstones.

Meanwhile, the naiad/mermaid named Naia was having some dinner with some human and magical colleagues after a environmental and marine biology research conference. She received a notification of a new text message and read it. She was intrigued by the request. She did indeed have a very large seashell collection and moonstones. Maybe she would visit this Mr. Silvern and his mermaid.

Trevor received a text message from Naia saying that she could visit them tomorrow night with some supplies.