Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 AM

A world destroyed. Torn apart. By man's own hand came his near destruction. The world became engulfed in darkness. Radiation wreaked havoc over the land and the creatures struggling to survive on its surface. It was a true Dark Age. An age man only wanted to forget while they clawed their way across the broken ground and sloshed through the slimy black waters.

For many years, the sky remained dark, but Mother Earth was kind. So forgiving was she to give Man a second chance. The darkness began to life. The black oils that swirled in the seas began to recede. The ground once more became soft. Beauty began to shape the world once more, but Man paid a terrible price. Forever marked for their indiscretions, the ones that suffered the worst passed on mutations that would shape their futures. The mutations were not general, at first. Some carried longevity and refused to defuse through the bloodlines. Luckily for Man, most of the mutations eventually became harmless changes in appearance.

..But some were not so lucky. Some mutations drastically changed Man into something less than human. Man persisted. Survived. Fought back.

The Age of Man would be reborn! And this time, they would take care!

Promises, promises.

Man began to build, to shape, to take back their rule! Man was once again at the top of the food chain. Through hard work and determination, they carried themselves into a new Age.

With the help of artifacts found across the land, they molded their new society on machinery run by steam. At first, the machines were simple. They did basic functions, nothing overly special. But where there's a will, there's a way! The machines became bigger, better, faster, more elaborate with higher functions!

Some of the madder men worked hard to improve these machines by adding things once thought dangerous and unnatural. Radiation was harnessed and used as power cells! It came with a terrible price, but the inventors didn't stop. They soldiered on with one like idea in sight: A better life for their friends and loved ones.

Many a year has passed since those days, however. The world ticks on comfortably, powered by steam and the various chemical cores the inventors of old harnessed. Man expanded his empire across the new world. Life was good.

In a city called New Fitzhaven, more specifically in a district known to the locals as 'Copper Town', a shop had been opened many a year ago. It was owned by a man by the name of Professor Ferguson Fuller.

His name was known as far as 'Lightning Square'! Admittedly, Lightning Square was only five minutes to the left on the street car, but Fuller milked it for all it was worth! Heck! Why not? If it impressed a new customer, it was all worth it, after all!

Fuller was known for not only his inventions, but his skill in fixing other men's inventions, hence the shop. Fuller's inventions were generally low-key, but a few put him on the map for a spot light during a few Invention Conventions. Fuller had a knack for automatons, like several other big name inventors, but unlike them, Fuller had an issue with keeping them running smooth. His first and favorite automaton, Rabbit, was constantly breaking down. He was never discouraged, but it was getting to be too much always caring for Rabbit!

That was where Lucian McDermet came into the picture.

Lucian was a Tinkerman. Not quite an inventor, but far from a mechanic! he was talented when it came to machinery. He could take them apart, diagnose the issue, fix the problem, improve the workings, them put it all back together again. He just couldn't take nothing and make it into something. That was far beyond him, but he never seemed to mind.

Lucian's work in Fuller's shop was greatly appreciated and he enjoyed his work, but his ambitions were to one day own his own Tinker Emporium. He was so close. Close enough to taste it! Just a little while longer..!

The third body present in the shop didn't belong to an inventor or a Tinkerman, but rather a maid. After all, two men cooped up together were bound to make a mess! Plus, they had a glitchy automaton stumbling around! Messes were made seconds after being cleaned up!

Maddelynn Bennett was a young woman whom could only be described as candy-sweet, but as naive as one could get. Maddelynn had moved up from being just a maid to a Shop Keeper to aid the ever growing business Professor Fuller had started so long ago. Her job was to, of course, keep the front neat and tidy, but she was given permission to receive orders for Prof. Fuller and Lucian. She would give a quick assessment of the trouble, scribble a few notes, take a name, and hand out a claim ticket. Then it was off to Lucian's workbench!

On this particular day, the shop was quite busy. Maddelynn must have handed out a hundred claim tickets and filled poor Lucian's workbench up before noon!

After only a moment or two to take a breath, the bell on the front door sprang to life once more. Maddenlynn perked up and offered the newcomer a big smile, "Good afternoon! How can I help you today?"

CrimsonShadow: (Kry and I wanted to invite you! We love playing with you and we wanted to extend the invitation! )

PrincessKasumi: (We want you to jooooin uuuussss! If it's not your cup of tea, we understand )

---------- Post added 11-07-2013 at 04:00 AM ----------

~: Here's the OOC thread! :~

Last edited by Squidie64; 12-03-2013 at 11:45 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-10-2013, 03:01 AM

Lune had pushed the door open to a shop before she could even stop herself. One hand was delicately closed around the handle of her parasol and the other was still on the door when a voice called out. Lune blushed slightly, from embarrassment, she didn't really need help with anything at all. She had just wanted to look. She hesitated, looking much like a caught rabbit, or perhaps a frightened dove. Eyes just a bit wide, and that blush still coloring her cheeks. For a few moments she didn't even realize she was blocking the entryway to the shop, once she realized that a soft sound passed her lips and she looked even more flustered.

However, Lune quickly stepped into the shop, closing her parasol as she did so. Not wanting to knock anything over with it, she clutched the useless thing to her chest tightly. Those wide eyes, such a dull blue they were almost grey, looked this way and that for a few moments before Lune stepped even further into the shop, making her way hesitantly towards the female that had greeted her entry. "...I had just wanted to look about for a bit...That is alright, isn't it?" The voice that flitted past those lips was soft, light and airy but hesitate. A very feminine voice that seemed to fit Lune very well. As it should, Lune had practiced that feminine voice for years and years until she'd gotten it right. Good enough to pass as a proper young lady.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 AM

Rabbit had been sitting motionless on a chair in the corner. He somehow managed to bury himself under papers and a variety of little inventions. so only his top hat and his closed eyes were visible. When the young lady got close enough to him he opened his eyes, which lit up blue and green WHY HELLOOoooooo there! Welcome to Ferguson Fuller's Fantastic Faction of Fantastic Findings He stood up abrubtly, all the bits that were covering him clattering to the floor around his feet

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2013, 03:43 AM

Maddelynn smiled kindly at the young lady when she entered the shop. She seemed nervous, but Maddelynn brushed it off. She didn't want to call attention to her apparent nervousness and make her even more nervous! When the girl asked about looking around, Maddelynn nodded enthusiastically, "Of course! Feel free to explore! We're having a sale on copper coils, too! Buy two get one free and you can, as far as I understood the memo, mix and match different sizes. If you have any questions, just give me a holler."

Maddelynn returned to the desk and began to sort through the receipts from that morning. She had handed out so many tickets. She needed to get them all straight so that Lucian didn't mix up the names while he was fixing the appliances.

When Rabbit moved from his spot where he was, for once, being quiet, she didn't even flinch. She didn't even look up, in fact. She just carried on sorting through the mess of carry ins.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 AM

Lune seemed to relax some when the girl told her it was alright for her to look around. They were also having a sale too, and Lune would probably end up buying some coils just to be nice. After all the girl was nice enough to let her know about the sale, though Lune wasn't sure what she would do with the coils. Still she did like things like that though, so she might end up buying something else that caught her eye. Then the girl went about her business, no doubt she had a lot to do.

When the man, no the automaton, popped up out of seemingly no where once she got close to where he was hiding, Lune squealed in fright and instinctively whacked him in the top hat really hard with her parasol. One hand on her small chest, resting over her heart, as if that could stop it from beating so wildly. The other hand clutched her closed parasol so tightly her knuckles were turning white. Once she realized she had whacked the pretty automaton she took a couple of steps back, blushing in embarrassment once more. There were even tears at the corners of Lune's eyes, but that was from being frightened so terribly and all of a sudden like that.

Surely now the young lady was going to kick her out of the shop and not let her look around at all, for hitting the automaton. That thought seemed to make more tears gather at the corners of her eyes. "I didn't mean to! I'm so sorry! Please don't make me leave, I can pay for any damage I might've caused!" Lune was actually trembling, but that was also from being startled so suddenly. Her eyes darted between girl and automaton.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2013, 04:14 AM

Rabbit's hat flew off of his copper head and landed at her feet. He reached out to pick it back up, the gears whirring as his arm extended past the sleeve of jacket and to the floor, without him having to bend over. A hiss of steam escaped from somewhere as it retracted and he gently placed it back on his head. My name is R.R.R.Rabbit and i was built in 2197

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 AM

When the poor girl squealed, it caused Maddelynn to jump wildly and do the same. She dropped the papers she had been sorting and hopped backwards. One of her slender hands jumped to her heart, the other to her mouth. When she realized that there was no real trouble, she let out a soft sigh. Her heart still hammered in her chest and she took a few breaths to settle herself down.

There was a loud commotion from the back when the two young ladies screamed. A male voice rang out with a string of expletives and the swinging door that hid the workshop from view suddenly snapped open.

Standing in the doorway, was a rather tall man with blood red hair. His hair was pulled back and twisted into uniform dreadlocks. After singeing his hair for the millionth time, he thought it was best to twist them back. A black bandanna covered the top of his head and his forehead, aiding in keeping his hair in check. Resting on top of the bandanna was a pair of goggles. The goggles were currently fitted with dark shades. Welding shades, most likely.

He was dressed simply at the moment. He had a black suede double breasted waist coat on. It was obviously old, owing to the worn patches. The top was open and folded back, giving a bit of a sneak peek of the tanned skin hidden beneath it. The waist coat had no sleeves, of course, leaving his thick, toned arms bare. He wore leather cuffs on both wrists, but other than that, his arms lay bare. He wore nondescript black trousers tucked into a pair of worn brown leather boots.

His black and blue eyes scanned the room, taking note of Rabbit and the young lady he didn't know. He looked to his left at Maddelynn, whom stood behind the counter, "What the hell is going on out here?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-10-2013, 05:23 AM

Lune blinked owlishly at Rabbit as he retrieved his hat, she was clutching her parasol to her small chest with both hands now. Hanging on to it for dear life almost, she opened her mouth to respond, but a door opened and someone burst out of it demanding to know what was going on. It made Lune flinch slightly, her cheeks still red from embarrassment from both being frightened by Rabbit and for hitting him.

She took a few steps back, those eyes still a bit wide, still some moisture gathered at the corners. Lune inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself down some. It wasn't working very well. She bowed her head slightly to the man, blushing even more from the simple fact she found him to be very attractive. "I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. I'll leave now so I can't cause anymore trouble!" Lune turned quickly, ready to make a very quick escape to the door and out it, which she would if no one stopped her.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 AM

Woooooaaaah where yah goin?! Luci shes leaving before she even sees the workshop! Show her the workshop please please please pleaaaaaaasssseeeeeeee??? He crossed the room in his spastic manner and grabbed lucian, pushing him over towards Lune. I bet she will love the workshop, what with all its cogs and sprockets and spilt oil under the professors workbench... Thaaaat i totally didnt spill yeah..thats it phwew i think he believed me

Last edited by sadithealchemist; 11-11-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2013, 03:21 AM

When the poor girl made to leave, Maddelynn rushed out from behind the counter, "No, please! You don't have to leave!" She got to the girl's side as quickly as she could and laid a friendly hand on her arm, "Gosh, don't be silly! Rabbit's alright. He's a well built robot, trust me. Lucian hits him harder than that on a daily basis."

Lucian grumbled irritably when Rabbit pushed him toward the young girl by the door, "Rabbit, the workshop is no place for a lady! ...The workplace is no place for you!!"

He stopped Rabbit and looked at him sternly, "I had to clean up that oil on my break, you know. I got oil all over the sandwiches Madam Levette made for me. ....I swear to the heavens, Rabbit, one of these days, I'm going to viciously rip out your core and break it." Lucian turned to the two ladies and sighed, "You don't have to leave, Miss. As a matter of fact, Maddelynn, give her a twenty percent discount on anything she purchases, including services." He pinched the bridge of his nose and headed toward the door leading to the back, "You can earn an additional five percent for every gear you rattle loose in his head!"

Last edited by Squidie64; 11-12-2013 at 06:41 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 AM

Lune never quite made it to that door. The shop girl was at her side in moments, with a hand on her arm, urging her to stay and reassuring her that Rabbit was alright. At least, Lune thought the girl was trying to reassure her. "I..but I.." Those dull blue, almost grey eyes blinked a bit owlishly for a moment as she stared at the girl, a little surprised at the admittance of someone hitting Rabbit on a daily basis and then she turned to look at the man and automaton.

Lune looked positively aghast when Lucian mentioned ripping out Rabbit's core and breaking it. Her mouth opened in a soft 'O' and her eyes got even wider. Lune barely heard anything else that was said to her or around her. She pulled from Maddelynn's hand on her arm gently, but she rushed to Rabbit's side. Clutching her parasol in one hand tightly she threw both arms around the automaton protectively. "I want to buy him! I can give you any amount of money, I want this automaton!" There was no hesitation in her voice now, only a hint of her normal submissiveness was held in her demeanor. She had to protect this beautiful robot from such cruelty! Even more so since she had also hit him.

The poor thing! It just needed tender care and loving attention. Not hits on the head. Lune was also afraid though, and her body was trembling slightly. A few tears had even slipped down her cheeks. They were certainly probably most likely going to throw her out now, and dismantle this lovely person...automaton...She chewed her bottom lip gently, but her gaze was almost defiant as she looked from Lucian to Maddelynn and back again.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 PM

Yeah the good professor built me to last! I bet you could hit me so hard my head spins roooouuund and roooounnnddd and i would be just fiiiiineHe emphasized this by knocking on his head with his knuckles, making a metallic clunk. He looked over at Maddy You arnt going to sell me are you?

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-12-2013, 03:16 AM

Maddelynn blinked when the girl threw her arms around the automaton. She cried out that she wanted to purchase Rabbit, which surprised Maddelynn even more. She wasn't sure what to say in response to it all. She looked over at Lucian, whom had stopped and turned back to them, then looked to Rabbit, "No! No, of course not! Professor Fuller would have my head!"

"Yes, I agree. I'm sorry, Miss, but Rabbit is not for sale. Professor Fuller is far too attached to this particular automaton." Lucian took a few steps back toward Rabbit and the young lady, intending to explain further, but a sudden and very loud 'BOOM' stopped him. He whipped around, his heart in his throat and looked at the swinging door leading to the back room.

A man burst out of the back seconds after the bang. The door slammed against the wall with a loud bang. Smoke poured out of the back room and into the small shop. The man, a crazed looking individual, doubled over and coughed violently. When his coughing fit ended, he waved his arms to clear the air around him. He looked at the three humans and the automaton and cleared his throat awkwardly.

This was no doubt Professor Ferguson Fuller. His dark hair was sticking out in all directions. It was peppered with gray specks, as was his large, thick bushy sideburns. His wild eyes scanned each of them as he set his hands on his hips. He turned to glance at the door, smoke still seeping out of it, then looked back at them. He gave them all a firm nod and thumbed over his shoulder at the door, "I think it's going quite well in there."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 AM

When Maddelynn spoke, Lune turned her head to watch the girl. Those lips parted to reply, then the handsome red headed man with dreads was speaking, and Lune outright glared at him. She shifted her body slightly, her arms still around Rabbit in a protective manner. Her nose wrinkled in disdain. At least Lune understood that money couldn't buy everything, and though she had said she could pay any amount, her family was on the low end of the wealthy spectrum. Still whatever she could pay would probably be far more than anything these people truly expected.

Once again her lips parted to reply but she was interrupted. The loud 'BOOM' caused her to squeal and squeeze Rabbit a bit tighter, she dropped her parasol in the process. Once again Lune had the look of a frightened small animal on her face, only for a few moments. A man emerged from the room, along with a lot of smoke. He was coughing terribly for a bit, and she scrunched her nose up. She assumed he was the Professor Fuller the others had mentioned, but Lune didn't care. As he said things were going rather well in the room he had just exited, she immediately assumed things were not going well in there.

She stared at this Professor Fuller for a bit, he looked a little scary, crazy and a bit scary. At least in her opinion. She shifted on her feet, readjusting her arms around Rabbit and still not quite letting go of him as her attention returned to Lucian. "You said you were going to viciously rip out his core and break it! I can not stand by and allow you to do such a terrible thing to someone....something.....so lovely and wonderful. How could you even think such cruel thoughts? Honestly, sir, you should be very very ashamed of yourself for such behavior." Lune's tone was very stern as she scolded Lucian.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 AM

Rabbit pondered the girl clinging to him. What made him lovely and wonderfull? Lucian usually just called him a pest and Maddy called him messy. When the big boom happened rabbit turned and look at the proffesor Do I need to ex.ex.ex.extinguish any fires Professor Fuller?Rabbit was often used for dangerous maintenance such as putting out fires.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-14-2013, 04:22 AM

((Going to introduce the second character after I figure out the best way..might be a few more turns before I do so! She's going to be a long time friend of my other character!))

Grumbling to herself Thia pushed off the desk she was sitting at, sending her roller chair backwards. Flinging herself out of the chair she cursed and slammed her fist on the desk next to her. "Why can't I get this right?" She yelled out loud. The house was empty, she was the only one around so she was obviously talking to herself.

Thia pushed the goggles she was wear off her face and up on her head. Rubbing her tired eyes she stalked out of her thinking room, it was the room she had shared with her beloved father before he passed away a few years ago. The two of them could always be found in the room inventing one thing or another. Running down the spiral staircase she grabbed her leather satchel and slung it over her head. She didn't bother looking at her appearance before walking out of the front door. Her long curly blonde hair was currently down and sticking out everywhere, the crooked goggles holding it back from her face. She was wearing a dark grey long sleeved blouse with a forest green corset around her waist and she had on a long dark grey skirt that flowed behind her as she walked. Adorning her feet were a pair of simple leather boots.

Keeping a brisk pace the blonde quickly made her way to Professor Ferguson Fuller's shop. It was a place she went to all the time. Her father had showed her the lovely shop. She often found parts she needed there. Smelling smoke she ducked into the shop and looked around. "Did you blow up something again Professor?" Thia asked with a small smile.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 AM

With a small sigh, Maddelynn excused herself from the small group. She immediately began to open windows around the small shop. She propped the front door opened, then climbed carefully up the track ladder attached to the wall and began to open the windows set up high above the shelves. The professor was big on natural light, so the shop was full of windows!

Maddelynn hoped it would clear the smoke out soon, "Professor, what are we going to do with you?"

As Maddelynn climbed down, she noticed the newcomer. She smiled kindly to them, "Hello, Thia! Back for more supplies?"

Lucian blinked when Lune scolded him. He pinched the bridge of his nose and heaved a sigh, "Listen. I didn't mean to offend you, but honestly, I would never break Rabbit's core. He may be an annoying jerk, but to the Professor, he's practically a son. You can trust me that Rabbit is safe. Now, if you'll excuse me." Lucian rushed into the back after the Professor claimed everything was going quite well. He came back out seconds later, coughing and sputtering. He took a few deep gulps of air and straightened up, rubbing his burning eyes, "Professor!!! You could have gotten yourself killed!"

He looked over to Rabbit and shook his head, "No fire, Rabbit. Must have burned up quick. There's just a lot of lingering smoke." Lucian looked up when Thia entered the shop. He smiled softly and gave her a nod, "Hello, Thia."

Professor Fuller seemed not to hear Lucian when he came back out of the workshop. He looked at him when he shouted that the Professor could have caused his own demise, but the old man just laughed. Moving his leather apron out of the way, he dug in his pockets until he found what he was digging for. It was a piece of rock candy on a stick. He stepped forward, took Lucian's hand and slapped it into his palm, "Such a lovely day!! Lovely day!!"

He turned when he heard the newcomer and smiled, "Me? Blow something up? Nonsense!! That, my dear, was not an explosion! That! Was progress!!"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 AM

So much excitement was happening all at once it seemed, Lune felt a little dizzy. The red headed man tried to assure her that he wouldn't really do anything bad to Rabbit. Lune was frowning deeply, looking a little confused for a moment. "You should say what you mean, and mean what you say." She turned her nose up at him as he darted off into the smoke filled room, well this room was filling with smoke as well. It was all wafting out. The shop girl was quick on her feet though, rushing to open windows and the door.

Then Lucian had returned, and Lune eyed him rather suspiciously and warily for a few moments. Reluctantly she let her arms fall from Rabbit, and moved to retrieve her fallen parasol. She still felt a bit dizzy, but blamed that on all the smoke that was lazily wafting about. Flowing now towards the open windows and door. She pointed her parasol accusingly at Lucian. "I have my eye on you, sir!" It was clear she didn't quite trust this fellow. Someone else entered and Lune lowered her parasol, turning to watch the new girl for a few moments.

The others seemed to know her, indicating the girl must come here often. Lune's attention shifted to the professor. Stepping towards him, and then giving him a polite curtsey like a proper young lady should. "Professor Fuller, was it?" Lune spoke to him in such a dainty tone. "You really have a wonderful shop here," She leaned in a bit, and pointed at Lucian. "but you really must keep a careful eye on that man. He was threatening your beautiful automaton." She indicated Rabbit with a slight gesture. The normally shy young lady was being rather assertive, but she had to make sure nothing bad would happen to Rabbit. Or any other automatons, at least while she was around to stop it.

There was a slight blush on her cheeks though. This kind of assertiveness did embarrass Lune, as it wasn't really in her nature to be aggressive in any form. Though her strong sense of right and wrong did cause her to act a bit out of character sometimes.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM

Rabbit tipped his hat to the young lady who was holding onto him until now, and then to the new girl who was looking for parts Excuse me ladies, but I should help Lucian and Professor Fuller clean up the workshop. Miss Maddy should be able to answer any of your questions. If you need anything heavy just let m.m.m.m.me know he flexed his "muscles" and made a face, then ran into the back

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 PM

Thia grinned and shook her head at the Professor. "That's just what my father use to say. I'm beginning to use that expression to. You both rubbed off on me." Turning to look at Maddelynn she gave her a small wave. "Hello Maddelynn and yes I am. You know us inventors, always needing something." Then she turned to face Lucien and gave him a small smile. "Hello Lucian, how have you been?"

Thia couldn't help but frown at the other girls words. "You don't have to worry about Rabbit, Lucien would never actually do anything to the automaton." She gave the girl a smile and the walked over to Maddelynn. "I need some copper wire, one of the small bundles and I need a bunch of gears, all sizes. Do you have any of that?" Thia bit her lip nervously and then asked another question. "Have you seen Alice lately? It's been two weeks and I haven't seen nor heard from her." Alice often came into the store with Thia.

She was a very old friend of Thia's, back to when they were children. Her parents knew she was living on the streets and often had her over for dinner and let her crash there whenever she would accept the invitation. See Alice had saved Thia's life when she was 9 and Alice was 8. Ever since then they had been best friends and her parents had been forever grateful.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 AM

When Thia began listing the parts that she needed, Maddelynn began to move around the shop. She opened various drawers and cabinets until she found a small bundle of copper wires. She moved then to a table with a bunch of small white boxes on it. There was a chalkboard sign on the top that read 'Sale!', but nothing else. She picked up one of the boxes and opened it up. She showed Thia the contents, "Is this a good enough selection? We have so many extra gears that we started making assortments and selling them at a discount. There are about ten gears per box. Will that be enough?"

When Thia asked about her good friend Alice, Maddelynn frowned and shook her head. She closed the box of gears and grabbed a few more off the table. She took them to the counter to get a receipt written and all of her goods wrapped up. "I haven't seen her for a while, actually. I do hope nothing has happened to her. That would be just awful. There is no way to get in contact with her?"

Lucian excused himself and followed Rabbit to the back to start what he hoped wouldn't be an extensive clean up process.

Professor Fuller blinked when Lune approached him. He wasn't sure what to say at first, so he just stood there. When she explained that Lucian had been threatening Rabbit, he laughed softly, "My dear, there is nothing to be concerned about. Lucian has a harsh way of expressing himself, but I assure you that Rabbit is quite safe. For if any harm came to Rabbit, I would light that bastard's fancy hair ablaze!" With that said, the Professor took Lune's hand. It would almost be expected for him to kiss it, but he turned it palm side up and slapped a piece of rock candy into it.

The Professor then followed Rabbit and Lucian into the workshop, complaining loudly that he didn't want them touching anything, lest they ruin his supposed progress.

Last edited by Squidie64; 11-20-2013 at 02:31 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 AM

These people were certainly a strange bunch, and nothing like the upper class ones Lune was so used to dealing with in a delicate manner. She rather liked these people, it was something Lune had decided almost immediately when the Professor reassured her, and said he would light Lucian's hair on fire if something happened to Rabbit. It was also those words that made Lune frown for a moment, looking a bit surprised. These people also seemed very violent. Perhaps that was part of their charm?

Lune's blush had only deepened when Professor Fuller took her hand, she expected a kiss to it, but suddenly found it turned palm up with some candy in it. Surprised and confused Lune just blinked at the candy for a few moments before closing her fingers around it. Then the man was returning to the room he had come from, which Lune assumed was the workshop, complaining loudly. She hadn't even had a chance to thank him for the candy! Yes, these people were certainly strange. It was almost refreshing. She smiled, the kind of smile someone smiles when they're completely content and at peace with everything.

That smile faded quickly though, and was replaced by a more polite one as she turned towards the shop girl and the customer girl. They seemed busy, she watched them for a few moments, then began to move about the shop. Parasol clutched in one hand, and the rock candy gently held in the other as she went about peering very closely at this item or that.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-20-2013, 12:00 AM

Stepping to the side Thia waited as Maddelynn went through the store to grab the items she asked for. When she was showed the box of gears she nodded and smiled. "That will be perfect Maddelynn, thank you." She followed after her to the counter and quickly lost her smile when she was told that she hadn't seen Alice in awhile. "I was afraid of that.." she said quietly.

"We have a place where we leave notes for each other. She doesn't want her boss or anyone in that part of her life to know about me." Thia hated who Alice worked for with a passion. The stinking mob boss, but she knew her friend didn't have any choice for the moment. "I left one two weeks ago and it's still there. I have no idea what happened to her and I'm beginning to start freaking out." She shook her head and bit her lip again. "How much do I owe you?"

Across town high up in an abandoned church tower was where Alice was residing. It had been her home for over a year. Sure with all the money she had she could afford a nice place but she felt safe up in her tower. Currently she was sitting on one of the window seals, looking down at the town below. Her jet black and blue streaked hair was currently done up in a messy bun on the top of her head, you could see a nasty cut on the left side of her neck.

Standing up slowly Alice limped over to her bed and grabbed her leather jacket, throwing it on. Making sure her knives were safely tucked into the lining of her jacket and boots she limped over to the winding staircase in the middle of the floor and slowly made her way down.

Coming to the door to the outside she cracked it and peeked out. The door opened to an alleyway but she always made sure no one was in it before leaving. She didn't want anyone to know she lived there. Seeing that the coast was clear Alice walked out and locked the padlock on the door before continuing out to the street. Now that she was healed up better she knew she needed to check in with Thia, her friend was probably biting her lip off from nerves over her. Thia was the only good person in her life, she would do anything for the other girl.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-20-2013, 03:57 AM

Maddelynn tallied up her items and wrote the figure down at the bottom of the receipt. While Thia chatted about her worries over Alice, Maddelynn wrapped up the boxes of gears in brown paper, tied with packing twine. She took the copper coil and wrapped it up in a single sheet of tissue paper, then put it inside of a plain white box. She wrapped that, too, up in brown paper and tied it off with twine. She reached below the counter as she began to speak, "Oh, Thia, I'm certain everything is alright. Alice is a tough girl. Perhaps she's keeping a low profile for her safety. Someone may be on to her and she hasn't visited the make-shift letter box because she was afraid to involve you. I do hope it's nothing like that, of course, but I'm sure there is a rational explanation for it all."

Maddelynn straightened up and revealed a white and black striped paper shopping bag with white handles. It had Fuller's shop name printed on the bag with a gear and cog design. She shook the bag open and began to stuff it with Thia's packages, "Aren't these bags darling? I had them printed up a few weeks ago and they just arrived yesterday! Lucian hates them. He says they are far too fancy for this place, but I think they class us up a bit, don't you think?" Maddelynn was such a girl.

Once the bag was full, she smiled and looked down at the receipt she had written up only moments ago. "Ten notes even, please. You made off like a bandit today. You really did."

Lucian emerged from the back with fresh black smudges on his face. He opened a few drawers and pulled out a few spare parts. He shook his head and glanced to the three women in the shop, "If we keep using our own spare parts, we're going to put ourselves out of business. Maddelynn, you better think of a way to drive more business in here or we're in trouble." With an armful of parts, he carried his large frame back into the workshop.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-20-2013, 04:13 AM

For the most part, Lune seemed to be ignoring Maddelynn and Thia. After all, it wouldn't be polite to eavesdrop on their conversation. She had shifted the rock candy to the same hand as her parasol, so that she could pick up certain items and look them over carefully. Turning them this way and that in her delicate hand before setting the item back down and moving on to another item. She would buy something, just, nothing had quite caught her eye yet. She was reaching for something else to inspect when Lucian came out of the back looking a bit dirty. Lune's shoulders stiffened almost immediately and she made sure to avoid Lucian's gaze.

Soon Lune found herself near Maddelynn and Thia, just as Maddelynn was putting the purchased items in the bag. She blinked softly and peered at the bag for a moment. "Oh, those are lovely bags. I don't think they're too fancy at all, I think they're just perfect." Both hands were gently grasping that parasol and rock candy, holding both to her small chest in an almost delicate manner as her eyes quickly jumped from the bag to both Thia and Maddelynn for a moment.