Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:47 PM

Banner compiled by Nephila

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-25-2017 at 03:17 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:50 PM

I regret to inform you all that our dear Cecilia has gone missing. In this time of need I would appreciate any effort you could give to help me search for her. I would be most appreciative indeed. Come in daily to pick up your supplies and we'll be off. Our search supplies are donated from the "special event shop" make your selections and join us.

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=red]Search supplies please.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Requested common:[/B]
Search supplies please.

Username: Jeryck
Requested common: Questionable blazer-powder pink.

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-25-2017 at 03:39 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:51 PM

Meanwhile back at Menewsha; the kids have stolen across time. An old man awakes from a peaceful slumber. Something is amiss he can feel it in his bones...

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-26-2017 at 11:18 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

He tries to go back to sleep but something feels wrong. He slips on his slippers and pops some tobacco into his pipe. With his house robe firmly tucked he takes a walk down the hall to his study.

“Perhaps some light reading will ease my mind.” He thinks to himself as he pulls out a book entitled:

The Migratory Habits of The Horned Lunar Shadow, and reads the passage marked within. It reads:

The Horned Lunar Shadow is a nocturnal animal, as its name would suggest, spending most of its daylight hours sleeping in underground tunnels and caverns beneath the Pine Forests on the mainland.

Its wings outstretched are twice as wide as an average man is tall however, it keeps them tucked close to it's body when not gliding on the wind. Scholars have had trouble categorizing this animal as it is said to have both mammalian and reptilian traits. It is also very elusive and weary of humans.

Although its shape and venomous teeth would suggest other wise, they are omnivores. They enjoy basking in moonlight and feeding on insects, fish, berries and other tree fruits.

While peaceful and secretive most of their life, every thirteen years the males become agitated and seek a mate. Similar to rutting behavior in deer. However, unlike deer the female Horned Lunar Shadow, which is larger than the males, will break them up and chose her favorite of the two.

When a couple is courting they share a surprisingly large amount of traits with human dating habits. The foremost being gifts of flowers. If the blooms aren't perfect the female will reject the male and go into a rage. Fortunately for the residents of the island of Menewsha the flowers are near perfect due to rich volcanic soils.”

With a sigh, he replaces the book back on the shelf, and takes a puff from his pipe. “That, certainly didn't help.”

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Jeryck turns off the lights of his study and makes his way down the hall. On his way to his room he opens Cecilia's door slightly and leans in to check on her. He immediately notices her covers strung across her bed which is shockingly empty.

“Cecilia?” he calls out softly into her room. “Where are you hiding? You should be in bed.”

He opens her closets to see if she is hiding with sweets, as she often does during this time of year. She isn't there. He makes his way down to the kitchen and checks all of her regular hiding spots.

“Cecilia!” He calls out, louder this time. “Where are you hiding? You should be in bed.”

He checks the cellar, somewhere she rarely goes. “Cecilia!” He shouts. “Where are you hiding? You should be in bed!”

After searching all of her regular hiding places and a few abnormal ones he begins to fear that the worse had happened.

“Cecilia is missing,” He thinks. “Kidnapped. Who would do this? It's all my fault for being such a heavy sleeper.”

Without a second thought he makes a call to notify the Menewshan authorities.

“Good evening Sir. How can we assist you?” The phone crackles in an electrical fashion. As if it were being intercepted over long distance.

“My granddaughter, she's only - years old, she's missing. She was sleeping in her bed and I...”

The operator cuts him short “We're sending a unit out now. Please stay on the line. Please, stay calm.”

“Thank you.”

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Two tall figures stand silent in the moonlight. Pillars of justice and protection. They approach the front door of the humble home.

Knock knock knock...

Jeryck had just hung up the phone when he heard a knock at the door.

“Thank goodness! You've come so quickly.” He says as he ushers the two officers in to his home. “Her room is up here.”

The two oddly tall officers follow Jeryck up the stairs. “Cecilia is a spirited young girl, as far as I know everyone likes her in town and...”

As Jeryck walks into the room he slips on a viscous fluid.

“Now where did this come come from.” Jeryck wonders out loud.

The officers examine the odd greenish sludge with an unusually high tech looking device. They peer at each other through the dark sunglasses they are wearing. Jeryck thought it was odd, but was too focused on getting Cecila back to ask.

“Looks like they were here B.”
“No doubt about it G.”
“Who? Who was here?” Jeryck asks. “Have people been disappearing from Menewsha?”
“No.” B says shortly.
”What Agent B means is, we can not say at this time. Our investigation in this matter is separate from those missing persons cases.”
“Separate?” Jeryck echoes.

The phone rings, interrupting any follow up questions the old man might have for the detectives. Jeryck excuses himself to answer the phone as the agents continue scanning the room.

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-26-2017 at 11:19 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

“Hello” Jeryck ansewered.
“Hey there scholar. Ummm I need to chat at ya for a moment about that thing over your house. Are you ok dear?”
“Oh Channah, I'm very far from ok. Cecilia is missing and I have a couple of detectives over working the case. ”
“Uh sure, That's gotta be the strangest police car I've ever seen.”
“Hmm What are you talking about?”
“Take a peek out side and see honey.”

Jeryck peers over his shoulder towards the window only to notice Agent B leaning in very to close and listening to their conversation.

In a monotone and calm voice Agent B slides down the large sunglasses and says, “Channah, the village gossip has been hitting the sauce. Put the phone down and have a seat at the kitchen table.”

“Jeryck! Hey! You there?! Who just said that about me! I'll give em' a piece of my mind! Do I have to get my purse and come down there because...” Channah's voice can be heard loudly through the receiver as Jeryck hangs up the phone in a trance.

Jeryck mimics the agents who move towards the table. Obediently he sits, as Agent B watches him with her inky black eyes. Agent G enters the kitchen with his findings. “The kids were here.”

~

Across town a concerned citizen paces across the floor of her home. Flustered, she looks out her window toward her friend's house. She knew what she had to do. With a quick change of clothes and a stylish hand bag on her hip she was ready to knock on doors and raise some hell.

“On the sauce?! The very idea! I know what I see. And so help me I'm going to wake up this WHOLE neighborhood to see it if I don't give those jerks a piece of my mind!”

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:52 PM

The kitchen is dimly lit as the “Agents” began talking among themselves, chirping in an impossible dialect as Jeryck sits listening in on a very uneasy conversation.

“We have found where, all that is left is when.”
“One is a finite solution, simple, whereas one the other hand is not.”
“This disobedience is most trying and unexpected in daughter Xeox. No doubt led astray again by Boq Boq.”
“You are too hard on him. He is unlike his sister, yes. Most unlike many of us really. But still. Our child unit.”
“I know. I am concerned for the future. Children aren't meant to play in the past. Merely observe.”
“Have solace partner. This human knows, or will know where they have been.”

Two antennae come out from under the police hat and tap the other agent on the head. A kiss of sorts. The tender moment is interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

“Alright Jeryck snap out of it open the door!” Channah shouts from outside the house.

Jeryck blinks and regains his constitution. He looks at the agents puzzled for a moment. “Oh, you're still here?”

“JERYCK!” Channah knocks on the door again.
“Coming.” Jeryck chimes rhythmically as if he hadn't been hypnotized, or had Cecilia's disappearance on his mind.

The door swings open in a fit of purple hair rage. “Alright just what is going on here?!”

Surprised by her boldness the agents are caught off guard. “The purple haired matriarchs are known dangers. Proceed with caution B.”

Jeryck's phone rings again.

“A popular scholar at this time of night aren't I?”
“A spaceship over your house will do that.” Channah chortles.

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:52 PM

Jeryck picks up the phone and greets the caller cheerfully.

“Hello.”
“Greetings guardian of Cecila. This is Xeox from the crashed ship.”
“I remember.” He pauses “I think your parental units are here looking for you two.”
“O – Our parental units?”
“Yes.” He continues “Is Cecilia with you?”
“Indeed and Yumeh too. Would you like to talk to him?”
“Uhh, sure.”

Jeryck can hear them talk between themselves on the other end.

“Boq Boq, the parental units are on earth!!”
“What?! No way how?”
“It doesn't mater. I think we're in trouble. Oh, Yumeh, Jeryck wants to talk to you.”
“Certainly.” Yumeh ansewers back.

Although Yumeh speaks clearly and eloquently on the other end of the communication device it doesn't translate through time.

Meoow mew rrarr mew!

“Yes Yumeh you're a good kitty for watching the kids. Thank you,” Jeryck says more to placate the children on the other end of the transmission than in response to the cat.

The agents and Channah wait impatiently as Jeryck continues his chat with the yowling cat. Channah grows more impatient with the situation at hand as Jeryck appears happily oblivious.

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-26-2017 at 11:20 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-25-2017, 03:17 PM

The phone call comes to a close, Jeryck says his goodbyes and turns to face the crowd. He inhales slowly.

“Everything is ok. Xeox and Boq Boq are doing a homework project on Earth history and Cecilia agreed to help them. I'm sorry, I hung up after I spoke with Cecilia, Did you 'agents' want to talk with them?”

“Ahh Cecilia, is the human Boq Boq befriended.”
“Yes that's my granddaughter.”
“It is forbidden to interact with with humans. I fear our offspring do not understand the strict laws that prohibit their friendship. Even our own interactions with you tonight are not sanctioned...”
“But you wanted to protect your offspring.”
“Correct.”

“So some alien brats took Cecila on a joy ride through history?” Channah chortled, “And that sounds ok to you Jeryck?”
“No, but they are all young. I have faith they'll find their way back to us.”
“Yes discipline can be decided at a later date.” the agents agreed. “For now we are happy they are all accounted for.”
“Well if you're ok with it, my work here is done.” Channah gives the agents a glare as she gets up to take her leave. “Those mind tricks don't work on this sly lady so don't even try it. Your secret is safe with me.”

As Channah leaves for home, the agents decide it would be best to stay and chat with Jeryck for awhile before leaving themselves.
“We will be in contact with you.”
“Do not hesitate to call us when new information on their whenabouts are transmitted here.”
“No problem, you might want to cloak your ship next time you come to visit. Else we may get another visit from the Matriarch.”
“Noted.”

Jeryck looks out towards the night sky and sighs as the ship vanishes over the horizon.

“You gave me quite a fright young lady. Be safe, whenever you are. You have your ol' gramp's adventurous spirit. I am proud of you this night.”

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-26-2017 at 11:20 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-25-2017, 03:49 PM

The Golden Magnifying Glass

Said to appear once between every 10 pages of the thread in random conjunction with the moon. Don't miss out on your opportunity and join the search.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:06 PM

Ooh, I this just started and I have to go back to work. D:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 10-27-2017, 08:07 PM

Have a good day at work, we'll see you again soon ^-^

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Evening all :)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:21 PM

This is so cool! > w<

Search supplies please.

Username: Kent
Requested common: Red Trench Coat

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:23 PM

Oops,forgot this lol

Search supplies please.

Username: Star Valo
Requested common: Werewolf Blood

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:36 PM

/peeks in

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 10-27-2017, 08:38 PM

Search supplies please.

Username: dragoness129
Requested common: Prom Dress Grape

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 08:39 PM

Search supplies please.

Username:shadami
Requested common: trench coat - bronze

I need my trench coat to start my exploring gear! Thanks Jeryck!

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM

Search supplies please.

xoxoAngiexoxo:
corpse dress grape:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-27-2017, 10:03 PM

Hm, I wonder what commons I should choose...

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Join us in the detective trench coat crew so we can hunt for Cessy :D

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 PM

Its so hard to choose

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 10-27-2017, 10:07 PM

Yesss, let's all wear trench coats. * o*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-27-2017, 10:24 PM

Search supplies please.

Username: linnea
Requested common: Improper Plaid Long Skirt - Witchy, please!

let's find, cessy!