Yotsy
"Nothing Says Lovin' Like Yotsub...
Send a message via AIM to Yotsy Send a message via MSN to Yotsy Send a message via Yahoo to Yotsy

Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 PM

Tave stepped forward a bit closer to Rowena and stuck his hand out to greet her. "It's nice to meet you; Mrs. Rowena, was it?" He tried to be as pleasant as humanly possible as to not make a bad first impression.

Rowena just smiled and put her hand out to his and shook his hand. "Yes, my names Rowena; It's nice to meet you too Tave" Having met him she lowered her hand back down to her side. "Come on inside you two, I'll re-heat dinner while you guys get warmed up" She added as she turned and started to walk past Bakura towards the kitchen but stopped right next to her son and whispered into his ear. "Be nice" Then continued on to the kitchen to heat up dinner.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM

[Yay, got someone for Bakura =3]

Keo didn't say anything as she looked at Bakura. It was obvious that he didn't trust Tave... but she couldn't see why. He was nice enough to her. "Come on Tave, let's get inside. I need to warm up, don't know about you" she said and headed inside. Her ears perked at the instant temperature change as she kicked off her shoes and hung her coat by the door.

Yotsy
Send a message via AIM to Yotsy Send a message via MSN to Yotsy Send a message via Yahoo to Yotsy

Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 PM

((That's good! Though I did get used to you playing him XD ))

Tave followed Keo into the house, he just looked at Bakura as he walked inside. Bakura made him feel a little uncomfortable, but he wasn't going to let that bother him too much. Once he got inside he shook slightly, as if he was a dog shaking water from his fur. "Thank you for inviting me inside Mrs. Rowena" He stated as he too slipped off his snow covered shoes and left them by the door. As he headed towards the kitchen he reached for his tail and pulled it out from his pants and let it move around. He had it hidden in his pants leg for nearly the whole day and for once he had somewhere that he could be... himself.

Rowena stood in front of the counter and turned around to speak to Tave. "Your very welcome" She watched him expose his tail and was a little surprised. "You're a survivor too?" She asked noticing his tail and how his ears. She wasn't sure why she had not noticed them before, but they were obvious now. With that she turned back to the counter and placed her hand down near the plates and heated the salmon until it sizzled a little. She smiled and picked up the two plates and walked them over to the table, cooling them off just as she set them down. "Okay you two, here's dinner" She smiled as she walked away from the table to grab some napkins.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-12-2007, 10:32 PM

Keo couldn't help a grin. Bakura knew she loved Salmon, and she could tell by the sauce that Bakura had made it.

"Mmm" licking her lips she sat down at the table and dove in, not using a fork or anything.

[Sowwy, but they expressed interest in playing him before I had started ^^;;]

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Kadrias Send a message via MSN to Kadrias

Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 PM

Bakura stayed silent as the two entered, keeping an untrusting eye on Tave, and followed to the table. He didn't want to defy mother, but...something about that guy just didn't seem right. Keori seems fine..., he noted as he took the seat across from her. Unable to resist smiling as she happily dug in, Bakura put his head in the palms of his hands and did so.

"How was your day, kitten?" he asked quietly, attempting to mask his irritation.

((Sorry, Yotsy! I hope I do okay, for you >w< *bows* ))

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Keo looked up at Bakura as he sat down. "One word. Cold." she said. "Did'ja miss me?" she added with a smirk, knowing what he'd say.

She noticed his look of irritation, or something, and her guess, was that it was because of Tave. She would probably have to confront him about that later.

"so what have you to been doing today?" she asked Rowena and Bakura.

[By the way: Something I'm working on =3 It's Keo.]

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 PM

"Of course I did.." he replied, pouting a little.

With a small sigh he looked down at the table. "Nothing, really, its been a slow day. Oh, but, Mother's been working on something!" he added, sounding a little more cheerful. "What about you? You were gone for so long." Bakura glanced over at Tave as he spoke, resisting the urge to glare.

((Ooh, she looks gorgeous! owo I envy your shading skills!))

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2007, 12:11 AM

"slow day eh? To be expected here." Keo commented. "I didn't do much, just went for a walk pretty much. And Rowena, you were working on something? May I see?" she asked.

Something I did back in July

Yotsy

Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 AM

Tave still felt a tad uncomfortable sitting at the table. He couldn't exactly pin-point the reason but he really felt like Bakura wanted to reach across the table and punch him or something. He wasn't sure what he had done to upset Bakura and he wasn't sure he wanted to ask. Tave decided he would try and ignore this boy as much as possible. He placed his hand on the plate of food that had been placed in front of him and pushed it away. He then looked over to Rowena "I do apologise but I don't eat fish.." He hoped she would understand.

Rowena acknowledged his dislike of the fish and just nodded to let him know it was alright. She then looked over at Bakura and glared at him; Why did he have to bring up the music. Now she'd feel embarrassed showing Keori. She let out an almost non-existent sigh as she pointed to the center of the table where her black book lay. "It isn't much Keori and I don't remember when I started, but I started on a symphony"

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2007, 07:04 AM

Edit.

Last edited by Smellerbee; 10-30-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Keo's ears twitched, she couldn't believe someone not liking fish. She'd loved it even before she was made part feline.

She opened her mouth to say somethin gbut thought better of it. Partly 'cause she didn't think it would be the best thing int he world to do, and partly because Rowena had piped up about the book, which made the kitty's ears perk up a bit.

She snatched the book and flipped through it, the only pages that had anythign were the first few, but there were a fair few notes there.

"Why don't you go try playing it?" she asked Rowena.

[It's alright, things happen. And I'm sorry I moved Keori away from Daniel ^^;;

And thanks.]

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 AM

Edit.

Last edited by Smellerbee; 10-30-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Yotsy

Old 12-14-2007, 01:32 AM

Tave leaned over to look at the book Keori had picked up. He leaned in rather close so that he could easily see the pages as she had flipped through them. "Interesting.." He said in a quiet tone. "You write music Mrs. Rowena?" He asked. "I use to play some music myself when I was younger, but it has been many years since then." He smiled pleasantly just before looking at Keo; Still close awfully close to her. "Do you play any instruments Keo?"

Rowena looked over at Tave and gave a weary smile. "I try to write my own music" She stated; Belittling her own talent once again. "By the way Tave, you don't have to call me Mrs. Rowena. Just call me Rowena; Alright? Saying the "Mrs" just makes me feel older then I actually am" She added with a chuckle.
Rowena shifted her glance to Keori when she spoke. "Me, play that? Now?" She became a little uneasy. "It's just scrap, a rough draft. It's not ready to be played" She stumbled over her words a little trying to come up with excuses to not play it. "I'll work on it some more tomorrow and then if I think it's ready, I'll play a little"

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 AM

Bakura wrinkled his nose at the rejection of his fish. Before he could offer another dish, Keo and Tave were already looking at Rowena's music, and just a little too close for comfort. He raised an eyebrow and swallowed a growl, then leaned across the book so he could better see the pages. "No hurry, no hurry; you'll make a masterpiece, mother." he assured her, with a smile. Then, turning to Keori, he resumed interest in her friend, and couldn't help but glare a little. Who did this guy think he was, anyway?

Clearing his throat a tad, he looked Tave straight in the face, trying his hardest to not show his displeasure. "Would you like something else to eat..Tave, was it?"

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Keo looked at Bakura. "Oi. Put some water on that fire before I douse it for you." she said, picking up on the glare that he had sent towards Tave. She figured he'd know what she meant, seeing as she killed him regularly if he pissed her off.

"Well, Rowe, you'll never find the mistakes' til you play it." she added with smirk. [b]"What? Me play anything? Nope. I don't actually. Bringing her hand up she showed Tave her nails, which were more like claws due to the fact that they were long and pointy. "Can't really play anything with these paws, so to speak." she said.

[Sorry about the delay. I was busy today]

Yotsy

Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Tave didn't bother looking at Bakura when he spoke, it was just the way he was going to act around him. He did have the decency to answer the question he was asked. "No I don't want anything to eat." Short, blunt and to the point. He wouldn't be surprised if Bakura was more angered by the tone he used.
Tave continued to look at Keo with a smile upon his face. "I can't play my guitar anymore for just about the same reason" He stated as he brought his hand up to hers and wrapped his fingers around her hand to show his nails. Not to mention it was a slick way to hold her hand for a minute or two. His nails were not quite as long as hers were, his were slightly dull and black like his ears. "Like a dogs wouldn't you say?" He continued to smile at her. "Yours are much nicer"

Rowena reached over and took the book back from Keori and proceeded to look over the music again. Keori was right, she did need to play it to make sure that it was correct. Though she didn't want to play it to a full house, it's not so nerve racking when your home alone and smoothing out the kinks. She closed the book and stood up from the table. "I will work on it some more tomorrow, maybe play some or write some more" She stated as she smiled a little. She then walked the book back to the book shelf that she took it from and placed it back in it's hole. She stood in front of the shelf for a short while with her index finger lingering on the binding.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 AM

"Well of course mine look better. I'm a female, and I'm a feline. Both are better than Male's and dogs." she said simply as she took her hand out of Tave's and placed it back on the book, just before Rowena took it back. Suddenly her ears twitched.

"Oi, 'Kura, Honey, go let Kit in, she's coming up to the door." She told him. One advantage to the splicing was that her hearing had improved dramatically, and her sight too. Hell, almost all of her senses did... but it was a curse to. Like when she had completely charred the chicken a couple weeks back, the stench of burnt meat nearly knocked her out.

When the kitty noticed that Rowena was lingering at the bookshelf she wondered what was up, but didn't say anything. she wasn't about to ask when Tave was here, cause she knew that her quote-unquote mother would just brush it off saying she was fine.

Yotsy

Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 AM

Tave just smiled even more at Keo, he couldn't resist. He liked his smile and tried to show it off when ever he could; specially to pretty ladies. He moved his hand back closer to himself and scanned his nails, they weren't really that bad looking but she was right a felines nails usually did look better. "Women take better care of their nails, that's why they look so good. Same with Felines, it's all about how they look" She glanced briefly at Bakura and then his eyes fell back on Keo. "Did I mention you look lovely?" He sounded so sincere, so sweet. He never missed out on a chance to tell a girl how pretty she looked. He just smiled, his mouth must have hurt from smiling so much.

Rowena still stood with her finger resting on the binding of her book. She was struck with an instant feeling of depression, and was trying to work through it as fast as possible. She had company in her house and wanted to be the best host she could. She hoped no one had noticed yet that she was just standing there. She timidly glanced over her shoulder at the table and then looked back towards the front door. Kit was still waiting to be let inside. "Bakura, are you going to let Kit inside? It's terribly cold out, I'm sure she'd like to get warmed up like the rest of us"

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Silently fuming in his head, Bakura was startled to hear Keo saying his name. He'd been just a little preoccupied with thoughts of displeasure towards Tave. If Keo didn't do something to stop him soon, he would have to do so himself. "Right, she must be frozen." he said as he moved towards the door.
Once he reached it, he opened it slowly as to not let the cold air blow in, and Kit slipped inside. Still annoyed by the abrupt visitor, Bakura stood by Kit as she cleaned her paws, thinking how much fun it would be if she went and jumped him. He smiled blissfully at the thought, and decided that if she did so, he would happily give Kit her victim's fish.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 AM

Keo could tell that there was something buggin gboth Bakura and Rowena, although she figured she knew what was bugging Bakura. This was the 22nd century, he'd just have to get used to life here. People flirt all the time.

Maybe she would ahve to confront him about that, his jealousy issue... unless he confronted her first.

A blush crept onto her cheeks when Tave said she looked lovely. Should couldn't help it, she was a female... and a compliment is a compliment.

"I think you've mentioned it once before... but I"m not sure" Keo replied with a smile. There was one thing about Tave, he was easy to get along with.

When she saw that Kit had been let in, Keo made her way over. Before she even got to the feline, Kit had started bounding over to Keo, and when she was about halfway to her adopted daughter, the black cat jumped onto Keo, knocking her backwards.

"...Mrow!" she exclaimed, not expecting Kit to pounce on her like that. "Did ya miss me Kitty?" she asked with a smirk as the pushed, well more like nudged, Kit off of her chest and into her lap, so she could sit up. Kit curled up and purring was heard throughout the room as Keo gae the cat some attention.

[I realize that cats can either purr or Growl (At least that's what I've been told and I've read in articles) I'm bending the rules here XD lol.]

Yotsy

Old 12-19-2007, 04:09 AM

Tave watched as Keo walked away towards Kit. He couldn't help checking her out as she moved away from him. He had a soft spot for pretty girls and it was a bonus that Keo was part animal just like him. When he saw Keo pushed to the ground by Kit he quickly rose to his feet and rushed over to her side just as she was sitting up. "Are you okay?" He asked quite concerned, considering that she had slipped before he feared she might have been hurt.

Rowena turned and looked at Kit with a refreshing smile on her face. "My, it looks like Kit really did miss you Keori" She finally removed her hand from the binding of the book and made her way over to the couch that was in the living room. She sat down and leaned back, making herself comfortable. She had been noticing how uncomfortable her son had been with Tave being around and tired to think of something to take her son's mind off the visitor at least for a little while. "Bakura, can you do me a favor?" She asked looking over at her son. "Would you make me something warm to drink?"

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 PM

Bakura followed Kit back to the kitched and chuckled as she tackled Keo. He understood how she felt--Keo had been gone all day! Though, Tave's interference made the smile from his face slip back into a displeased scowl. Then Rowena got his attention.

"Sure," he said, smiling faintly, "how about tea? I think we have some left, still." Heading back toward the kitchen as he spoke, he then looked through the cupboard for the aforementioned tea.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 PM

She looked at Tave as he walked over. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry, Kit tackles me all the time." she turned her attention to the feline in her lap. "Don'cha kitty?" she asked the black cat before nuzzling her face in the soft fur behind Kit's ears.

Keo's ears perked at the mention of tea. "Hey, hate to bug you Bakura, but do you know if we have any Chamomille left?" she asked as she stroked Kit's fur... figuring he'd see where she was going with it. She knew that he was aware of the fact that Chamomille was pretty much her favourite type of tea. And the stronger the flavour, the better.

Yotsy

Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Tave knelt down beside Keo with a warm smile. "Your sure that you are alright?" His tail swaying from side to side as it drug across the floor. "I only ask because you did slip earlier, wanted to make sure you didn't hurt yourself when she jumped on you" He then looked over at Kit and reached out to pet her lightly. "She has a beautiful coat, it's so shiny"

Rowena smiled when Bakura mentioned Tea. "Yes, that would be wonderful" As she leaned back more in the couch making herself all the more comfortable she looked towards the kitchen. "If you wouldn't mind I'd like some ginger tea if we still have some"

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 AM

A smile crossed Keo's face when she heard Tave comment on Kit's coat. "I spoil her. Rowena knows of an old natural mix of herbs and juices that makes fur and hair gorgeously soft and shiny" she said. The kitty gilr didn't just give Kit a bath with it, she also used it on her own hair, and convinced Bakura to use it on his too since she loved stroking his hair so much.