*^_^*

Old 07-16-2016, 10:57 AM

But aren't the anime on Netflix just dubs? -shudders-

SpiceSoul

Old 07-16-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
you cn make them sub...i cant remember how but its while your watching the video

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-16-2016, 03:43 PM

Oh, good. xD Dubs are awful, and shouldn't be made, since they often change conversation, censor and add/remove things. But they only had Glitter Force as English and Swedish, and I think Finnish? ;__; Then I saw that it has another name, and it is a part of the Pretty Cure series. ^^

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-16-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
I haven't watched any anime on there so I'm not sure! This is a J-drama though that Netflix has the rights to sponsor from Japan as I believe it helped produce it - it's Japanese Audio with subs in languages Netflix provides
I really hope an Anime comes from this though! They did an OVA anime awhile back but that was it - would be nice to get a full anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceSoul View Post
you cn make them sub...i cant remember how but its while your watching the video
It's right before you watch! Or at least on the Roku - I can't access the menu once I hit play. But yeah - you can change the Audio and Subtitles before you start watching to whatever Netflix has rights to
I haven't attempted to switch audio before, but there are definitely sub options!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-17-2016, 04:34 PM

How are you liking Good Morning Call so far? I was interested by it but it seems like something I might not like.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-17-2016, 05:55 PM

I think it would depend on whether you like Peach Girl, Hana Yori Dango, and Itazura na Kiss - because it was written back in the late 90s, it really has that 90s theme to it and it kind of mashes the 3 together in a similar yet different plot. I personally adore all 3, so I'm just in love with this drama. It's so well done! And I love that it shows scene by scene comparisons to the Manga in the end credits to sum up the episode - they really tried to go by the manga exactly versus updating it or changing it around to lessen the '90s plot theme - but honestly, I'd give it a shot if you like those Animes or J-Dramas! It's 17 episodes long and it looks like it might just only cover Good Morning Call, so I'm really hoping they do a Season 2 like they did with Itazurana Kiss and continue on to the Good Morning Kiss plot that follows after Good Morning Call! <3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-17-2016, 05:58 PM

I see...then I don't think that I would like it then sadly.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-18-2016, 12:19 AM

Yeah I probably wouldn't recommend it if you don't like those three unfortunately - there are a lot of similarities!! :(

Male Lead and his story kind of reminds me Kairi from Peach Girl - the kid who grew up in love with Aki Misao (who ended up dating Kairi's older brother) - the Male Lead in Good Morning Call has a very similar back-story that's pretty dominant.

Female Lead is VERY similar to the female lead in Itazurana Kiss - same kind of personality and everything - the Female Lead and Male Lead in Good Morning Call also have a VERY similar dynamic to Kotoko and Irie - genius guy and passable girl. Half the time I forget I'm watching Nao and not Kotoko LOL!

Then they have the Top 3 which is similar to Hana Yori Dango's F4 but they're not a group or anything - just basically the most popular guys in school - one top person for each year - and they basically reign supreme - girls are allowed to look but not touch and so the Female Lead gets a lot of bullying, just like Makino and the F4, but it mainly comes from the student body vs the Top 3 (which the F4 initiate it in their story so it's a bit different in that sense but yeah - same concept and bullying lol).

They're not identical by any means, but some of the plots just remind me of these three animes far too much to ignore lol I'm sure there was some influence of some form or another when writing this series

But all in all it's really good! I watched 4 episodes really late the other night and then yesterday I binge watched like 10 more lol I'll probably end up finishing it tomorrow! I don't dare start watching it tonight because I have to be up early for my Grandpa's appt tomorrow and it'll basically be an all-day thing, so I don't want to go to sleep at like 6am again xD;
But once I get home if I'm not too tired I'm totally binge watching 15-17!! <3

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 07-18-2016 at 04:19 AM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-18-2016, 03:37 AM

Please use paragraphs...

I cannot read all of that text wall without going Blind. Thank you...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-18-2016, 04:19 AM

It actually is broken up into two paragraphs, but I'll keep in mind to keep my comments to a minimum in the future so text walls don't occur. :) I've also added more breaks in the previous post!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-18-2016, 09:58 PM

Thank you, much better to read. And it definitely does sound interesting though

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-18-2016, 10:32 PM

It's fun to watch! I'm on the last episode and it's so good - I kinda hope they make a second season like they did with the Itazura na Kiss drama - it's so similar so it would definitely be amazing! :3

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-18-2016, 10:53 PM

Guys. GUYS. GUYS!
They have Sinbad no Bouken on Netflix. <3 <3 Gonna watch tomorrow, yeey!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2016, 02:04 AM

Omg. This TOTALLY ended with a Second Season planned!! So good. A few annoying bits within the last couple of episodes as they dragged a few things out in order to meet the time for each episode - basically so they didn't end in a weird part between episodes - but it wasn't too bad! I'm really happy with the development!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-20-2016, 04:02 AM

Oh my wow. Gourmet Girl Graffiti just keeps getting weirder and weirder. This is not what I expected when I saw cooking anime lol! Episode 6 opening - just... WHY? The fanservice is strong with this one...

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 09-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Just finished watching Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler Season 1 (I highly recommend it, sad, but awesome anime) and started watching Burst Angel!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-05-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelstelNSG1 View Post
Just finished watching Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler Season 1 (I highly recommend it, sad, but awesome anime) and started watching Burst Angel!
Omg - Black Butler is amazing!! Make sure you watch Season 2 and the alternate seasons! Season 2 is amazing, but the following seasons pretend it never happened lol They're so good though - they're coming out with a new one soon - I can't remember if it's a movie or a season though - it's been awhile since I've seen anything on it :3

I've been a bit MIA from Anime lately - the closest I've gotten is watching Pokémon lol I haven't had the time with work and school! I'm hoping once I get back into a routine I can catch up on the summer simulcasts I started. So many good shows this season! <3

Burst Angel sounds familiar but I'm totally blanking on it. I think I've seen it though - I'll have to check Myanimelist to see what it is! :3

BTW - I'm loving your avi right now

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 09-13-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Omg - Black Butler is amazing!! Make sure you watch Season 2 and the alternate seasons! Season 2 is amazing, but the following seasons pretend it never happened lol They're so good though - they're coming out with a new one soon - I can't remember if it's a movie or a season though - it's been awhile since I've seen anything on it :3

I've been a bit MIA from Anime lately - the closest I've gotten is watching Pokémon lol I haven't had the time with work and school! I'm hoping once I get back into a routine I can catch up on the summer simulcasts I started. So many good shows this season! <3

Burst Angel sounds familiar but I'm totally blanking on it. I think I've seen it though - I'll have to check Myanimelist to see what it is! :3

BTW - I'm loving your avi right now
Yeah, my friend has the rest of them, just need to make room in my laptop or get a 1tb usb thingy so i can store it and want it as much as i like.

Midway through Burst Angel, female gun fighter series with a lot of laughs and a lot of weird stuff going on, at this point in the series you get to see what the main problem is, but still don't know what the girls ambitions are except to stop and not destroy as much evidence as possible, but things are about to come to head now.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Definitely vote the USB - it'll come in handy for other anime too! :D
You'll love it - I've re-watched them all a few times myself :3

I checked my MAL and I have seen it - it's just been about 3 years since I've seen it so I don't remember it all that well :(
I even watched the promo and I'm still blanking - but I must have liked it because I binge watched it in like 2 days :3

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM

It's a really good anime, it's all female heroines, the better fighter is Jo, she is a mystery til you reach certain episodes where leaks of her back story come out.

Her clumsy partner Meg, is a good girl with heart, but has quite a superiority complex about her.

Sai, the hot leader, is an awesome leader and very caring of her girls and the boy chef.

Forgot the names of the other 2, the little girl is a tech genius and the boy winds up joining the group giving them healthy cooked meals and slowly gets along with all of them.

I haven't quite finished it as of yet, but am close to the end. Things are going to hit the fan in a few episodes and it's going to be interesting to see what happens to Jo.

Trying to save for at least one usb, but saving is becoming an issue for me.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 09-19-2016, 09:00 PM

Due to how slow it was at work today I was able to watch the Arpeggio of Blue Steel movie which was a great addition to the series and able to give the anime as a whole a complete ending, albeit sad...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-21-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelstelNSG1 View Post
It's a really good anime, it's all female heroines, the better fighter is Jo, she is a mystery til you reach certain episodes where leaks of her back story come out.

Her clumsy partner Meg, is a good girl with heart, but has quite a superiority complex about her.

Sai, the hot leader, is an awesome leader and very caring of her girls and the boy chef.

Forgot the names of the other 2, the little girl is a tech genius and the boy winds up joining the group giving them healthy cooked meals and slowly gets along with all of them.

I haven't quite finished it as of yet, but am close to the end. Things are going to hit the fan in a few episodes and it's going to be interesting to see what happens to Jo.

Trying to save for at least one usb, but saving is becoming an issue for me.
You're totally making me want to re-watch it right now because I can't remember what it is but it sounds amazing, and I know I liked it because I finished it in like 2 days and gave it a high ranking on MyAnimeList xD;

I know what you mean - I've been having trouble saving up too even though I need a new mattress. Things just keep taking priority or random expenses come up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
Due to how slow it was at work today I was able to watch the Arpeggio of Blue Steel movie which was a great addition to the series and able to give the anime as a whole a complete ending, albeit sad...
That series is on my list to watch but I haven't had a chance yet. I'm glad the movie seemed to finish the series though! I didn't realize it kind of ended on an off note, so it'll be great to have that to look forward to when I get a chance to see it! :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 09-21-2016, 01:14 AM

Emma: The anime itself doesn't end badly, but it doesn't answer all questions, which was what the movie does. Also I love the ending english song that the movie has, "Last Refrain". There's another song for the credits, "Blue Destiny" (I believe) but it's full japanese and not as emotional as Last Refrain is.

Do be warned though, movie is SAD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-22-2016, 06:37 PM

Oh jeez - whenever there's a sad anime and they add sad music it always gets me going lol I'm going to be a mess!!
It looks really good though so totally worth it - I'm really curious about the music but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll hold off until I watch it :3 Especially since it's sad!!

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-24-2016, 01:34 PM

I'm currently trying to watch One Punch Man. It's really good so far. I just wish I had more time to watch it ;a;