Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 AM

Disclaimer: I obviously do not own any real people used, i.e. Benedict Cumberbatch. Any characters that I make up are of course the property of my mind. I am not doing this for money. I am doing this because I love to write and the story begged to be written.

Notes
Feedback is greatly appreciated or if you just want to talk with me about the story or have an idea you think I might want to use, but please PM them to me so as to not break up the story. Also the story is a working title so it could change if I can think of a better one. Now let us begin.

I step out of the airport and the chaos of London crashes over me. The roar and screech of traffic is deafening and everywhere people are bustling alone to their destinations. People are yelling for cabs and cab drivers are clambering to get to travelers exiting the airport first.

"It can be a bit overwhelming at first." I startle and look up into the kind, brown eyes of a older gentleman probably in his sixties or seventies. His white hair is worn longer, just brushing his collar. "First time in London?" He asks kindly.

"Yes and probably the first time in a city this big," I answer with a laugh. He has one of those personalities that puts you instantly at ease.

"Well welcome to London," he says with a smile and I return it as I feel the jet lag beginning to wash over me. He must have seen me fading for he asks, "Do you already have a place to stay?"

"Yes, I guess I just need to get a taxi," I answer with a tired sigh.

"Per'aps I can be o' service," the gentleman says kindly and I look up at the man in surprise.

"Are you a cab driver?" I ask looking from the other drivers to him.

"Was 'til a young CEO took over the company, and decided I was too old," he answers and I see the sadness in his blue eyes. "But I know this city like the back o' me hand."

I look at him, sizing him up. For all I know, he could be a serial killer and this is how he picks up his victims. But as I take in his kind eyes and face and gentle demeanor, my gut tells me that that isn't the case. Trusting my instincts, I

Last edited by Silver Storm; 03-20-2014 at 01:16 AM..