KittyClaw
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM

I like art cause i can draw:)

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM

I like art because I feel it's something positive. When I create quality* artwork, I feel I'm contributing something of value to society. Quality artwork can be enjoyed by many people like a concert/ . Real artwork is one the most positive aspects of our species.
It's a nice counter balance to all the horrors in the world.

There is some "art" I dislike. Like when people put fish in blenders or tie a starving dog to a wall. This in my mind IS NOT ART!!!...Except since some people call it as such, I include it.

* I seriously hope what I'm working towards IS quality. I don't feel low quality or hobbyist quality artwork has the same impact.

Last edited by Claudia; 03-26-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Most people can draw, if they have hands and can make marks.
Not many can draw well, or see well.

I think anyone to go to an art discussion forum will enjoy art, or call themselves an artist, so I don't really see the point of this.

Yazoo
::...Rest In Peace Ronnie James ...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 PM

If I wouldn't like art I highly doubt I'd be spending time roaming this forum... ^^;;;;
You're best off asking people what they like about art v.v;;

Exrael
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 AM

I-I... really doubt people HATE art. I mean, art is what makes everything exist!

No art - no computer, no clothes, no house, no- practically anything manmade!! Everything was created with at least a smidge of art thrown in the initial idea. :3

And, to answer your question, I LURVE art. <3

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Really?, I didn't know that.

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 AM

I like art and I don't at the same time.
I like it because I take joy in the process of creating something.
But art as a business puts me off. And some of the art that's out there are a bit off the deep end. XD

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 AM

In order for something to progress it has to make money...Nobody except the ones who inherit loads of money can devote their lives to a hobby. So if a normal person wants to devote their life to artwork, they need to be able to make money with it.

Sweetcooky
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 PM

I love art
i work on my art with my heart =3
i love to spend hours for just 1 drawing xD

Flowers
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2009, 02:26 AM

Depends on the art piece. But in general, I love art.
It always shows expression.

Honingbij

Old 04-18-2009, 05:39 AM

You CAN dislike art and roam about in art forums.
If art is most of what you know, and you like to read about people's opinions, the person could likely be here. As myself.

I draw a lot. ~but that doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy it.
I have a lot of free time, and I spend a lot of time by my lonesome indoors due to disability. To keep from going mad, I draw.
Granted, there are a few art pieces I like, or -sorta- like.
However those are usually the photo realistic ink prints of florals, or references in botanical and medical books. Also due to being legally blind, I prefer colours. -shrugs- One thing about today is that...it seems like people don't know how to use them effectively. 95% of coloured works I see these days are pretty damn un-appealing in that department. : /

In general, it's not my thing, but I don't totally hate it, either. xP

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 AM

I love art even tho I can't really draw. but I can sculpt, paint,doodle,photography, an sew an do stuff with the performing arts. but i love art no matter what its form.

Last edited by cuppycake_geek; 04-18-2009 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: forgot somthing

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 PM

Producing and enjoying artwork is something that is part of higher evolved beings. . ( yes I'm rather biased considering I'm an an artist myself).
It's the opposite of primitive needs like eating, sleeping, having sexual relations and fleeing predators ( exercise for people). This is another reason I like artwork. Producing and enjoying artwork is all about this aspect. Same reason I enjoy science.

Last edited by Claudia; 04-19-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Honingbij

Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 AM

Elephants and pigs have shown to enjoy art in studies, among some other animals, however not as much as the elephants.
Some animals may also produce pictures on how they are feeling.
What do you say about this, Claudia?

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 AM

I say it shows these animals are higher evolved animals. There really isn't a clear line between our species and others.

Honingbij

Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 AM

Define "higher evolved".

There isn't? There are multiple reasons as to how our species is different.
It is why Darwin himself trashed his own idea after such short time researching.
They were bogus. Everything he found contradicted. (If you study both the medical field AND animal biology, you'll see what I mean). His apprentices were the ones who held on his little hypothesis and felt like they should give him credit.
Anyhow.
With other species in kingdom animalia, you'll notice how one is not "more evolved than the other", they just specialize in a different area.
Same concept as the idea that everyone is smart, just in different areas.

How long have you been to school, hun?

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 AM

Depending on if you count college, more then most. I was working towards getting a Phd. Anyhow...Then crime came along and I had to flee from the area where I used to go to college so I never got a Phd because my immediate personal safety become more then earning the degree I wanted. I would say despite stalker type / safety issue which got in the way of my degree plans, I am still plenty educated. I just don't have the official paper due to the criminal activity.

Honingbij

Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 AM

Hahaha.
You're so very vague.

No offence, but you don't seem at all as educated (in the area) as you say you are. On top of that, the way you put things seem almost as if much is a lie or, better put, half truth. You also avoided my question.

Discussing matters with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about really isn't my cup of tea. So I won't bother to go on. xP

*Disclaimer: I know. I'm very straight fore ward. If you want you can mentally sugar coat everything. I personally don't know how the difference between nice and "mean".

Yorihiko
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 AM

I don't think that anyone could really hate art, if it IS art. It's when people create ugly or ridiculous things and try to call it art that people get turned off by it. But art that is real art can be anything around us, even on mundane objects (like the carvings on a chair or the patterns on a rug), and I think you'd find very few people who could say honestly that they would prefer everything to be plain. Even then, the way you decorate a room, for instance, is still, in it's way, a kind of art... so even if your taste is everything plain, that would still be, in a sense, an artistic expression.

But of course, there isn't just one art, but many arts. But again, I like all arts that are real art.

puppy

Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM

The original question is like asking everyone "do you like sound?".. There are plenty of sounds that people enjoy, and plenty of sounds people don't enjoy. Just because I don't personally appreciate western comic illustrations doesn't mean it's not art; I would neeever deny it that title.. I'm just not a fan.

And to answer your question to Exrael,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
Really?, I didn't know that.
Yes. Art/design encompasses much more than just drawing. Music, architecture, literature.. the list goes on and on. Anyone who says something so broad as "I hate art/design/etc" really needs to look at the bigger picture..

FakeSunShine
Loveless Angels
Send a message via AIM to FakeSunShine

Old 05-11-2009, 05:09 PM

i love art i always have since i was tiny and could pick things up i was drawing like on everything the walls my bed sheets everything that i could get my hands on i think its something that when you do draw it can make you feel good about yourself being able to create something and be able to show your work off. even if it is just abunch of stickmen playing base ball =)

pandemoniumswings
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 PM

well I love art, I can't imagine my life without it....

FakeSunShine
Loveless Angels
Send a message via AIM to FakeSunShine

Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 PM

i like the way pandemonium things =) art equals life =)

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-12-2009, 03:20 PM

pandemoniumswings, I cannot even leave on a daytrip without at least a travel sized drawing pad.
I'm getting a new travel sized type bag for my drawing so I haul around a full size work bag less.

edward_L_gaara
vampireliciously death noted nar...

Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 PM

I absolutely loooooooooooooooooooooooove art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!