Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 PM

about the way we have the count set anymore. Sure, back when it was daily log-ins it would fluctuate wildly, but with a site this small you can almost feel the difference between 800 people logging in and chatting and 1,400 people just logging in. I don't even know why this bugs me.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2014, 03:15 PM

Splainy? I don't get what you mean by counts or the count set.
I undertsand your points at the end though. It kind of boils down to a question of why aren't people posting.

I'm new enough to not really feel the difference but sometimes I wonder at that list of online members. I wonder where they are. Just playing games? To what end? What's the point in having gold if you never post and show off the items you can afford. And, honestly I'd like to get to "know" them, see them around. Why don't they post?

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 03:36 PM

There's a count in the lower corner of the main forum that shows the active members. It doesn't say how active because Mene staff can change it behind the scene. Not too long ago we talked about if it should be changed from daily to weekly or monthly log ins because it would flux so badly. It feels slower in here now with that big number.

I know a lot of people who go onto sites to steal a name and not use it. There are also the "one and done" people who will log in a couple times and then abandon the site. As for the lack of posting, that could be people who aren't comfortable with the level of chat on this site. With such a small user base the conversation on Mene is a lot more intimate.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Hmm. I can see what you mean then. The bigger number doesn't feel right for the level of activity. As far as the conversation level being too intimate. That makes me want to hold them close and whisper "tell me your secrets." So yes, I see your point there. Yep.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penella Goldeater View Post
Hmm. I can see what you mean then. The bigger number doesn't feel right for the level of activity. As far as the conversation level being too intimate. That makes me want to hold them close and whisper "tell me your secrets." So yes, I see your point there. Yep.
There is a gif for that, I just know it.

Aaaaaaand the internet fails to disappoint.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2014, 04:24 PM

That looks like my Loki. (One of my cats looks like that and is named Loki)

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 PM

I wish I had a cat... So fuzzy

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Aw, I've been contemplating setting the active user count back to where it was previously. It's never been daily, it was a 28 day count before, I upped it to 65.

I'm not sure it will work for a daily count. I'm kind of interested to try, but I'm also scared of the teeny tiny figures it would show if it did.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 PM

Oh! That makes sense with how we were excited and disappointed by it going up and down by 2-3 people. I wonder what would happen if we set it to 7 days for a week? O__o I log in almost every day, so that's one, lol

jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-12-2014, 10:29 AM

Like a pretty solid twelve users logged in today. Three of which made posts.
Aw yeah, record high.

I don't know, does it really bother you that much that you can't see who's doing what at all times?

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 AM

No. It's more along the lines that I get excited that so many people are on chatting... only to see that no one is really chatting. I've expanded from my humble spot in Hearth and Home only to discover that it's not that busy in other areas, either.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 07-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Well, a lot of members that are active are members who have been around for years. A lot have grown up and have real life during the day. I mean you are talking working morning to evening, some have night jobs, you are also talking about summer so lakes, vacations. Some have created those demon spawn things that also take up time. So activity from them will drop, especially in the summer.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Are.... are you referring to children? Human children?
People still have those?

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penella Goldeater View Post
Are.... are you referring to children? Human children?
People still have those?
I KNOW RIGHT?! What is this world coming to.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-15-2014, 07:44 PM

I would absolutely love to see weekly activity owo

Demon spawn? I prefer the term "Fecal Dispenser"

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 07-15-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I would absolutely love to see weekly activity owo

Demon spawn? I prefer the term "Fecal Dispenser"
'Quote of the year right here. This is my vote.

jellysundae: Knerd: @quoteoftheyearnominations;

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2014, 01:00 AM

That does make sense. We must lure more people into our spiderweb then.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-18-2014, 06:36 PM

I'll set it to weekly. Prepare for small online numbers! xD

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 AM

Full of love and support!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-19-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
365 Active Members
Not bad really... we got one for every day of the year

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 PM

I like seeing the count set weekly. feels more accurate. As for why people don't post....Well the reasons mention above are all possible for sure. I've been gone more then I intended to, just because I haven't always been feeling like coming on, health issues. I also know the auto update not working can be annoying for some, myself included. It can be very hard to keep up with conversations and feel apart of them always needing to refresh. Has anyone figured out why it messes up yet? I had a theory that is could be connected to the post times being off on posts, when posted. It also could be people just want to take some time out to enjoy the summer too.