Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 PM

They were heading back to the shark to get cleaned up and eat. Diego came out to help Ambrosia, nodding to her as she asked about the cooling equipment. It would be a good idea to take a quick look at the other units as well, so they could be alright when they go out. He looks at Shirley as she came out. He smiled, "you can give me a hand before the next stage." He began taking care of getting the preperations made to cool down the other's unit. Trigger was happy at the thought of more destruction. He smiles, happily"woohoo!" he said, grabbing Jerry's hand so they could go get some food.

Yamato stepped out of his unit, closing his eyes for a moment. He ran a hand through his hair for a moment. Suke came out of the shark, moving over to him. "You feeling ok?" he asked, his voice low so the others would not hear. "I told you I am fine...there is no need to worry, I merely need a moment" with that he went inside to talk to Makoto. Suke sighed slightly, looking after the other male. What he was doing was highly noble, but highly foolish as well. It was all for them....Claire....Jerry....Trigger....Destro...Shi rley....Diego...Makoto....even Ambrosia and him. He pulled off his glasses for a moment, cleaning them off a bit. "Eventually a choice will have to be made" he said.

Destro looked over his own unit, he needed to change out his own gun, which would be fine and quick. For some reason, the trigger on it was a little tight, so hopefully they could loosen it a bit, but not to much that it became easy. He looked over at Suke, raising an eyebrow at the other. That little exchangement between him and Yamato. Was something going on? He looked over at Calire, before he moved over to her. "Nice shooting out there" he said, before going over to where the boys were. There were food prepared for them which was good, fighting took it out of one.

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 AM

"Well.." Shirley looked around at their environment for a while, also staring at destroyed AI units, before staring at the Squadron's mechs, "Claire's probably gonna ask for her usual rifle, Jerry will want a fresh payload of missiles preferably shrapnel based with minimal propellant since we're in a more natural environment and we dont want to cause too much environmental damage, Yamato will probably just want refills on his consumed payloads, right? And I think Destro will want a different gun too," She pointed over at his unit, specifically the hand, "Can you see the unit's finger on the trigger? It's pressing in at a slightly odd angle, probably causing friction, it'll jam or break the trigger soon, even if we change to a new gun. The finger probably went out of calibration during the fight.. Stray bullet fire perhaps..?" She pondered out loud before grabbing the repairman assigned to Destro's unit along with a tool box and diagnostics kit then marching toward it confidently, as active as ever, "Time for momma to fix the lil babies booboo!"

Shirley's eye for details came from an obsession she'd nurtured as a kid for machines and mechs in specific, she wasn't the most popular girl at school and she had a penchant for quirky behavior, as everyone was well-aware, but her ability to observe and detect even the most minor flaws purely by sight allowed her to catch a lot of mistakes that most engineers missed, mistakes that could pile up and ultimately cause critical systems failures. Getting into this line of work was a dream come true.
She climbed up onto the arm of the unit, putting the tool box down behind her and grabbing a wrench and a drill, the latter of which she spun in hand before she pointed the wrench in Triggers direction,
"Hey! Trigger! No more fiery weapons for you! Do you want Scrams or Disruptors?" She hollered, Scram type artillery rounds were often referred to as multi-warhead missiles. But this wasn't entirely accurate, Scrams were warheads that followed in the wake of a larger missile, splitting off from inside it at the last few seconds and finding their targets randomly if they didn't match "Friendly" signatures. All items involved in the specialized round were filled with powerful combustibles and only enough fuel for initial ascent and some correcting on descent, it made them poor at tracking faster targets but the force of the explosions involved were still enough to blow apart two or three units clumped together.
Disruptors on the other hand used jamming technology, they had little in the way of explosive force, on impact they released electrical waves, not quite full blown EMPs but they temporarily disrupted FCS and various forms of tracking, leaving only basic camera functionality. Mechs without the ability to track their target were often simple prey, but that didn't work so well against people like Ambrosia who could handle manual controls.
She had a feeling he probably wanted the former though as she diligently went about opening the paneling on the hand of the unit so she could get it re-calibrated.

Ambrosia watched the others for only a moment before she went about helping to get her unit refitted for cooling, if they were to go into night operations, then she definitely needed cooling to keep her heat signature low. these machines were AI, they were probably scanning on all the available spectrums, but usually infra red or night-sights for when it came to night battle. The could probably also scan for non friendly unit signatures and if this was a proper test then they might have to discover the right one, which they probably did in the last fight.

Claire stared briefly at Destro then smirked, resting her hands on her hips,
"Was there ever any doubt? You know no-one's a better shot than me at long range. Too bad you didn't get to be part of the initial fun, at this rate I might just over-take your kill count," She teased lightly, in her younger years working under Carl and Destro she had been obsessed with catching up to them, it drove her to perfect her skills as much as she could in her units, more so when the new Mark 3's came out. She had grown out of it as a goal to beat but she still had fun with the idea of scoring higher. A matter of competitive attitude, nothing more.
She followed after him, adjusting her gloves, but she stared over at Ambrosia,
"She got us all revved up and ready, but she still acts like an outsider.. Seems to have a few gaps in her social skills too.. What do you think?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-29-2014, 06:43 PM

Repairs had begun, to change out equipment and to fix things that had arose with the other units. Trigger waved his arms at Shirley, trying to talk around his sandwich to answer her question. He liked the big boom of his typical weaponary, but did understood a fire would be bad. Destro picked up an apple, listening to Claire speak. His eyes went back to Shirley, working on his unit's hand. The way she treated it like a kid made him frown a bit, but he let her have her fun. He took a bite of the fruit in his hand, as the woman beside him mentioned their newest recruit. He glanced in her direction a bit. "She has some growing to do, simple as that...we all do in a sense after what happened" he felt the need for a cigar coming on, but resisted with another bite to the fruit.

Inside the Shark, Yamato was scanning over the initial data that the cards were relaying back to the private systems. Not bad, but this was only the beginning. He made a small note on a paper, before turning to Makoto. She looked to him, "they're doing well so far" she says. He nodded a bit, "this is only stage one though...things will only get more difficult from here." He moved out of the Shark, handing the paper to Diego as he passed. The reciever glancing over it for a moment before nodding. It was the beginnings of working out internal computer systems and specifics that would be used for his project. Moving to the table, he was out of sight for the most part by the others. They were involved in their own work anyways, so he had little trouble slipping out a pill and taking it with a drink of water.

His stomach turned a bit at the thought of food, so he merely turned to watch as his own unit and Trigger's were refilled and fitted with new ammo for the coming night. Night was one of the times when his unit would flourish. Being a stealth type, darkness and silence were it's specialties. He would be able to manuver around unseen better in the darkness than the other units. The one who would have the toughest time now would in fact be Claire. She relied on her eyes, being able to see her objectives. She would have to rely more on the computers now, but he knew she could handle it. A computer on the table beeped, and he turned his attention to it. One of the SEED shells he had planted and that was relaying information back, had picked up a disturbance near where they had fought.

Seemed that they were already beginning to send out the next few scouts. He turned to the others. "Time is running out, finish up, and move into Delta Formation" he moved to his own unit. The others would know what he meant, and hopefully Ambrosia now, since she had indeed done her homework he hoped. Delta would enlist of a typical dark play, where vision relied on the computer systems, rather than their eyes alone. Yamato and what would have been Carl, now Ambrosia, would head up the central middle. Both Jerry and Destro would give them some space, and cover the sides, with Jerry on the left, and Destro on the right. Trigger would bring up the rear, and keep an eye on any of the others. As usual, Claire would move herself to higher ground once more.

She would have to rely on her computers, as well as the others if something came up. Since it was night, there would most likely only be scouts out at the moment, so they would not have to big of a time or need for immediate fight strategies. The formation was to allow them to cover more ground, while remaining close enough to aid in support if needed to the others. Trigger nodded, quickly finishing his meal as he waited impatiently for the work to be done. He was practically bouncing around. Destro smiled slightly, Delta formation was simple enough, but he had a feeling their young leader was planning something else for tonight. Night or Dark battles were always trickier and more thrilling. The sun was beginning to fully set now, it would be dark here very soon.

HC-Gal

Old 07-03-2014, 11:28 PM

Shirley worked quickly to get the misaligned joint of the unit back into place, but a change of weapon wouldn't be so bad, just in case the trigger had already been affected as she yelled various orders to the engineers. It didn't hurt to be at least above a few people in the overall hierarchy especially since she knew she couldn't do everything without help, or rather people to boss around, but she was glad to have others above her, especially Diego.
The woman hopped down from the hand with her tools, staring up at it a moment, of course there were many other little things she wanted to nitpick about, but it was mostly superficial, like dirt or scrapes. She knew she would have to settle for a less-than-pristine look and reluctantly began to dash between the units while they had time, doing quick inspections of everything, checking payloads, making sure they were all re-equipped or had full magazines.

Ambrosia stared over at Yamato as she mentioned Delta formation. In the data her mind had gathered so far, Delta formation a unit she didn't recognize in place next to Yamato, however she quickly realized that this was the fallen soldier who she had taken the place of and so erased it from the position, filling herself into it and running through the formation attack patterns in her head. Her eyes turned up to her unit. While it wasn't exactly a stealth model, the cooling units being attached would make her the next best thing, but she couldn't rely on the cooling units forever.

She stared over at Claire's unit a moment then looked at Yamato's raising her hand and pressing it curiously to her chin, mouth opening just partially. To her surprise, Shirley practically appeared out of nowhere behind her with half a sandwich in hand, swooping around and putting it up to her nose,
"Hey! You! Eat!" She demanded in a simple manner. Ambrosia took the half a sandwich and stared at it a moment, the contents were simple, tuna, cucumber and some sort of cream-colored substance, nothing harmful, but she still seemed rather baffled as Shirley practically scuttled off as quickly as she had down up. Not to want to argue, she complied and ate the triangular piece of food as she clambered back into her unit, vaguely contemplating whatever had just occurred along with her other thoughts.

She once again produced the small computer block and got it all hooked up, however she brought up the unit's remote console and stared at Yamato and Claire's units again, she wondered if information from his reconnaissance units could be fed directly to Claire at a distance, and at what frequency.. If they updated in real time then it could practically have acted like long-distance sonar for the sniper, giving her near-perfect vision even at night.
The blonde watched as the other pilots got back to their units, one by one falling into formation and getting ready, she wanted to propose her idea to Yamato but kept silent, his warning of insubordination made her wonder what classified as such to him, she knew the technical explanation but there were variables she didn't understand. It seemed as confusing a game as simply talking with people.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-04-2014, 12:58 AM

Yamato had been already on a similar path of thought, going over the information within his own unit as it fell into formation. Before they had left, Diego gave Claire a simple little plug in system for the computers of her unit. It would allow Yamato's unit to relay information back to her on it's own level, as well as through the shells that were relaying back to the Shark. He placed his headset on mute for a moment so the others would not hear him sigh. Reaching a hand up, he brushed a few strands of hair from his eyes. He closed his eyes, focusing his mind once more on the task at hand.

Trigger fell into formation, as Destro gave the hand of his unit a bit of a flex. It was doing better now, much of the changes they had made were simple, but had made them ready to go once more. Back at the shark, Diego watched the units move off towards the forest again. He turned to Shirley, "we have to run over the inventory...next time we see them, they might be needing some bigger changes, and we do not want to have missed anything" he turned away. He would have to multitask, as the two of them were still the ones to watch the computer systems. Makoto within, could handle it for now.

So far there was nothing but a few scouts out there. Not far in, Trigger was already groaning, "ugh...down times are so boring" he said. Destro shook his head within his unit, "be happy someone is not trying to blow your head off at the moment. You'll get what you want soon enough." Idle chatter...Most would have thought that it would annoy Yamato, and for a bit it did. He sometimes would have rather had them focused, but at the same time, it was nice. It was someting simple and calm, even in the roughest situations. It was odd, but comforting as well to him. He paused as Trigger turned his attention to him.

"Kind of silent, even for you boss...somethin on your mind?" he asked. Yamato flipped his mic back on, "a few things, but nothing that needs to be drug up at the moment." It fell silent for a moment, before Trigger spoke again, "lets have some fun together!" Yamato could just imagine him with a big smile in his unit. In his own way, Yamato knew he was trying to bring them together, and make Yamato himself feel better. Trigger could be quite the oddball, but his heart was in the right place most of the time.

HC-Gal

Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 AM

Shirley saluted Diego with a smile,
"Done and done, I'll grab the engineers and get them to do an inventory," She replied, running the numbers with her fingers quickly as she tried to remember all the storage areas they had on board, "Did we get that new trailer I requested? After what happened with.. Well.. You know.. Anyway one of them was so badly busted up it was a miracle it even got back at all!" She paused briefly, running a finger past her lips and thinking, "I swear there was something else I was thinking of.. Or wanted to say.. But I cant remember, I was so tired when I thought of it, I think.. Maybe..? Dangit, I cant remember! Something's bugging me!" She ran her hands over her head, trying to forcefully remember, but nothing came to mind.

Ambrosia checked over her systems once again. There was a new information overlay on the system status, showing her cooling units as blue markers over the hull of her unit in place of the vents. She raised the arms of the unit momentarily, moving them to get a feel for the difference in weight, it was minor but for her even a minor difference meant quite a bit as she drew her arms back in and relaxed them. She would stay at Yamato's side until otherwise ordered or out of necessity, whichever came first. Night-time combat felt no different to her to daytime combat, using a night sight overlay would be effective enough, sure this could change perspective for some people but she knew who was friend and who was foe, the rest wasn't so important.

She glanced to the left at Jerry first, then over to the right at Destro, she doubted the distance between them would stay consistent with rough terrain like this, Trigger behind them would be able to follow them and further behind was Claire, it was probably most difficult for her at night, but if a target could be marked as vulnerable for her, then it wouldn't be a problem for her. She had the highest numbers in terms of accuracy, even as a human Ambrosia had noted Claire's capabilities. She noted chatter between Trigger and Yamato, listening to what was said before her curiosity was gained enough that she opened a private channel to Yamato, she wasn't sure if her question would be treated as strange or not,
"I do not understand. We are meant to have fun together? Is this not a battle..? Or at least a serious test of our capabilities?" She asked him in a straightforward manner, still keeping at pace by his side, "I harbor no amount of enjoyment from combat. War is not preferable, it is an unfortunate necessity, why does Mr. Trigger consider this situation preferable?"

"I am not even sure if desire an answer to that question. While I will not deny that spending time with a mech is preferable and piloting it is preferable, I do not consider combat preferable. I was built and programmed for it, but once I understood more about humanity and myself I began to understand that I do not enjoy combat." Ambrosia spoke further, still keeping part of her attention forward, focused on all things she could, but her mind was still plagued with the questions that were bothering her, "What is it that drives an individual to enjoy this situation..? Or does he also simply enjoy piloting his unit, in spite of what he must do with it?" She couldn't help but want to believe this was maybe the case, it might have made something about it relatable, something that didn't make her feel so out of place.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-07-2014, 01:06 AM

Diego chuckled a bit, looking to Shirley, "come on, lets get going. The trailer is fine, we have everything handled, so for now we are on our game.." He took her inside, to get back to work. Yamato walked along, when Ambrosia came over the communicator. He listened to her, keeping silent as he allowed her to ask her question. "This battle is serious, it is nothing to take lightly" he replied, "it is as it would be within the actual field, enemies will not hesitate to end us." He paused for a moment before he continued, "I do not believe his comment was to be of combat at all. It is more of the team being together as one....war and fighting is not something that should be taken lightly...especially when it cost others their lives."

He glanced at his computer, checking that they were still in formation. "None of them enjoy war, but being together with those who are like family...those who hold a bond...it makes the burden easier to carry" his voice had lowered a bit, "this team has been through quite a lot, both individually and as a unit. Some of them are not fully able to express themselves, as you are not at times." He knew this applied to himself as well. He was not good with explaining his own emotions. It was something he was taught to put aside for most of his life, which caused him a bt of a problem at times. His team knew he meant well however, and that he was trying. They were indeed a family, and trusted eachother with everything.

HC-Gal

Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 AM

"I do not.. Fully understand.. But I do believe I have some experience with what you describe.. Doctor is the equivalent of that bond for me." She remarked, her simpler speech pattern reflected a little frustration, however she continued again, "And I would express myself more.. But I always seem to say things that others take offense to, or that confuse them, or that prove I know little of social activity.. Doctor also says that I lack subtlety.. I.. Believe I should be in agreement with him." She lifted the shotgun arm of her weapon, changing her grip on the knife in her other hand, "This will not affect my performance on the battlefield.. I am just attempting to understand."

Claire checked over her systems as she allowed her unit to cruise along behind the others at a fair distance, she had almost forgotten to install that device Diego had given her, but remember that he'd said it would help, she plugged it in and watched as the overlay of her HUD changed, beginning to show points of data she didn't recognize, information from the sensors produced by Yamato's unit. This certainly would turn out to be quite handy, she almost regretted switching to her standard rifle, but she also didn't like being too far form her fellow team-mates. The fair distance could hold over.

Jerry meanwhile was starting to get a little wary. They'd had the alert that things were about to start up again but still no sign of the enemy yet, perhaps Yamato was trying to be a little preemptive. He performed a quick weapons check, all the internal mechanics were functioning and he was fully loaded with missiles himself. He'd had the right shoulder missiles changed to disruptors, they could confuse the AI units briefly and give them more free openings. They had less destructive power but frankly the payoff was usually unit destruction soon after.

Shirley followed on after Diego, happily bouncing on the balls of her feet as she walked, though she was still trying to figure out what she was forgotten, it was frustrating her as she finally reached her station and stared at her computer. She then looked at the documents she had nearby, Ambrosia's files and other bits of information she'd gathered about the new pilots history. Though she then looked around the Land Shark again,
"Well I guess I'll remember eventually, like.. When it's no longer important or something.. Did Mr Yamato skip a meal again?" She wondered out loud, thinking back, she wasn't able to observe him among all the others, she'd only caught Ambrosia not eating, "Oh oh! I saw a news article about the Far East! They developed a new kind of mass-production quadraped! I wanna see one in person! I wanna take it apart and study it! I bet we could make some neat things with one of those!" She sighed, as though practically dreaming about it.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Yamato looked at his own scans, watching the other units upon them for a moment as he listened to Ambrosia over the com link. “People are sometimes hard to understand…as humans we perceive things differently. Take in information and processing it, is diverse among individuals…. Not everyone will always be pleased with how one does things, but if you continually let what all others think and feel towards you matter, then you set yourself up for failure” he spoke calmly and rationally.

You must decide who’s opinion matters to you for yourself, how to deal with information given and how you yourself give off information as well.” His unit paused for a moment, a blip coming up on the scanner to Trigger’s right. It had not been there a moment ago, possibly a stealth unit. Many models could hide themselves quite well, up to the point of attacking.

When they engaged fighting systems, most of the time they gave off a signature. Yamato had been working on the problem, and it was fitted into his own unit and elsewhere. He turned without hesitation, lifting his own unit’s gun. One shot in the growing darkness made the unit freeze. Trigger had noticed it as the unit had prepared to strike from behind on his own scans, but Yamato had been faster to react. He looked at the unit, as it sparked a bit, before simply hunching over and becoming still.

Man I hate sneaky units” Trigger nudged it with the foot of his unit. “The shot will signal them to our location” Yamato shifted over to fight mode once more. “Spread out and move forward with caution…keep in range for assistance if something goes on, and your com links open” he turned with that. “We are heading into territories where stealth units will have an advantage so stay on guard…our mission at the moment is intel…we are looking for the base after all, the less full out battles we have to force our way through, the better off when we do discover the base” they should understand what he meant.

Units on the surface were there for a reason, to stop them. They were there to protect the base, and keep the units from discovering it. In all honesty, they were a glorified distraction. Constantly going to look for battles between these units, would do nothing but to at the moment ware down their units and deplete what they had in terms of weapons and ammo.

Their objective was to find the base, but finding it would do no good if their units were to damaged and run down to take it out. It was a strategy call, find and take out the main objective first. The base. Once that was done, all other units connected to the base would be stranded and relatively easy picking off to finish up on. It was the simple plan of ‘cut off the head of the snake, and the body will flop around uselessly without direction’. Without the base, the other units had no leader or object to replenish themselves.

Diego glanced at Shirley as she spoke. She was wondering about Yamato for a moment. Come to think of it, he had not seen the chief eat either. He sighed a bit, Shirley would surely be on his case about it later. She then brought up an article about the East. His mind wandered to the advancement she spoke about. He paused for a moment. "Seems our enemies are working on some new toys of their own" he said. Part of him wondered if that would cause a problem for them with phase two of the plan.

HC-Gal

Old 07-22-2014, 04:23 AM

Ambrosia once again listened quietly, however, she saw Yamato's unit shift. The predictive model in her mind followed his motion and she turned her head in the direction he was firing before he let off the single shot, watching as the target he was attacking fell. Her mind was partly preoccupied with what he'd said, but her thoughts on the matter were conflicted, difficult, she already knew whose opinions mattered to her, or at least her mind had come to a current conclusion. It wasn't the shareholders though. That very idea, to her mind, was unacceptable, so she dismissed it quickly, preparing for combat she she turned on the cooling units, purging her system for a moment.

Her machine grew colder, the external heat signature fading from then on it would be a steady stream of cooling until she needed the extra power, turning off the cooling units for that moment would aid in that matter. She moved her attention forward, beginnign to run simulations again, for every movement the team made there were opposing moment sin her predictions, all ghost images that she was prepared tor eact to, or leave the others to react to if the odds favored them. She kept her pace steady.

Shirley nodded a little to herself as she continued to think about things, she continued to work through various details on her computer, switching programs frequently, there were a few images of tech ideas but nothing solid yet, she had tried to imagine the mechanics of a quadraped unit herself. The idea of a four-legged unit was interesting, it would have had superior mobility on extremely rocky or uneven terrain, and if set up correctly could even let them have superior scaling ability. Using four legs also meant a lower center of gravity and an easy way to increase stability, this allowed heavier weapons being handled with greater accuracy, but frankly their overall speed was probably poorer, they would have to rely on piloting skill too.

The midland forces had also recently developed new reverse-jointed units. They were fast and good jumping ability and shock absorption when landing from greater heights, but reverse join legs were awkward and required more room to maneuver. It was probably why Frontier units favored standard bipedals for the most part. It wasn't as hard to imagine and practice human-like movements with a humanoid mech.
Shirley had taken an almost-bored look on her face as she flipped through her research before stopping on one. She froze, then began typing furiously and switching through screens rapidly again, eyes widening a little,
"No..! No? No! No-no-no.. That cant be right..!" She muttered out-loud to herself, suddenly gaining a rather high pitched tone of surprise, "That's.. NO..! That can't.. But.. How..? What the..?" She continued to mumble in quick pieces before stopping and closing several programs, "I'm just.. Uh.. Gonna get back to technical work.. I think I'm tired.. Yeah.. Probably tired..!" The woman concluded, laughing nervously whilst grabbing some of her files and staring at them before throwing them in the trash. By most accounts, this probably seemed like normal behavior. But it wasn't exactly like her to abandon a line of research.

"Okay boys and girls, call out targets and I'll give them a free present," Claire announced calmly, cocking her rifle and waiting patiently. If they'd already found one unit, that meant there wouldn't be more far off, however she stood stock still as Ambrosia's unit turned on the spot momentarily, aiming briefly in her direction, but then lowered the weapon, the range was too far,
"Mr. Marston. Target identified. One-thirty degrees to your right. Ms Silvers has been flanked." Ambrosia stated sharply,
"Got it," Jerry replied with a chuckle, turning on the spot and firing a small salvo of missiles. They hit the solid hull, digging in and exploding, blowing apart the front of the unit as it fell back. Ambrosia had already turned around once again, eyes focusing around herself,
"Good call, Blondie," Jerry added, turning around again, he was faced with another unit bursting from the tree line, however two holes appeared in its hull as Claire's rifle fired off two rounds, followed by a third that sent it reeling back, crashing to the ground,
"Well.. That was a thing.. Thanks Claire..?"
"Back at you, kiddo," Claire replied, grinning to herself as she continued to look around,
"Enemy tactic established; they are testing the defense of our formation. Three trials, three failures, likelihood of more forceful approach has increased."
"You know you could say it a little more normal," Jerry half-joked, making sure his missile pods were prepped for whatever attack came next while the units began to spread out,
"I do not know how to say it any other way." Ambrosia replied simply. There was no reply from Jerry this time, he seemed to have respectfully backed off, not entirely uncommon for him, but Claire chuckled form her unit again,
"Well, piece of advice? Don't take any dialogue lessons from Jerry or Trigger, I don't think we could survive a third one of them,"
"Hey!"
"SO! More forceful approach next? What do you think Yamato? She hit it on the head?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 AM

Yamato was unphased by Ambrosia's movements. His mind on the task at hand. Act and react...how many times had he done all of this before? He listened to the banter, already following through on his own thoughts. So they were moving in, testing. Very well then, if they desired something to happen, they would regret it. He caught the tail end of the conversation, having tuned them out partially. "Cold melon lady, cold" Trigger said, but then laughed. Yamato prepared his unit, already running through the tests to boot up the stealth programs. It was time to make use of what their units did best.

Yamato's mindset shift, moving into the leader they knew. "Trigger...light them up" he said. Trigger smiled from his unit, "woohoo! Time for some action!" The holders on either of his shoulders opened up, letting loose several explosives of their own. The projectiles moved through the trees, before lighting up the area as they connected. The explosions were not to big, but they managed to create enough light, and did strike up a small fire. Just beyond them, a line of units were approaching. Some of them were stealth, while others were simple ground units. So, they were coming on again.

Once more, fighting in one place for to long would be a pain, units would begin closing in on them. A more forceful approach hmm? Power was pointless, unless one knew how to use it, and had the brains to go with it. Now that there was light, Claire would have little trouble seeing the enemy around it. She would still need their insite as the flames dulled, or units moved out of their light. For now however, there were plenty of them within sight. "If they desire to break our lines, then we should return the favor" he said. Destro smiled, "which means we hit back...and hard." Indeed, it seemed like force would be their edge at this point. The enemy already beginning to move forward.

"Counter and advance" Yamato said, an order they all knew as well. It meant focus on the attack of the enemy, they would be using up their energy first trying to close them in. By countering their attacks, avoiding as much damage as possible, they could advace through the enemy's primary line. This would lead them to be open for a counter strike, as the line would need to break and turn their attention back on the enemies that had made it through. Once they had, once more, they would be wide open to Claire. The units that managed to turn back, would then need to be dealt with.

"Engage but do not stay in one position, and careful not to be broken off to far from the group" as long as they moved, they could not be pinned down. As long as they did not get separated to far out of range, they could defend. As they would move back, they would lead enemies away from this closer location to the Shark. At the same time, more of the shells could be spread around, in order to locate the base where they were searching for. These were simple units, they could be taken out quickly and effectively with little effort. The plan was good and simple enough for the others to follow, while keeping a bit of opening for change or adaption for each.

At the same time, it allowed them to get into some action they seemed to enjoy so much. He paused for a moment then, as the screenes before him blurred for a moment. He closed his eyes, taking a moment to breath, before opening them. "Move" he said, and on that order, he did. Destro moved as well, closing in on the line of units moving towards them. One brought up its gun, and he grabbed the barrel, deflecting it. Using the shoulder of his unit, he was able to knock through the one before him, getting through the line. Trigger smiled, his unit was a sheer wall of metal really, busting through would be no trouble.

Diego looked up from his files, raising an eyebrow at Shirley. He stood, moving to her side. "What has gotten into you?" he asked, sitting by her now. He knew something was up, and she knew she could talk to him. He was not only her boss, he was her friend. At times it felt like she still treated him as a child a bit, taking authority even if he was overall in charge. He did not mind it, she had a good head on her shoulders, but that would not stop him from being there when she needed him.

HC-Gal

Old 08-03-2014, 01:28 AM

On Yamato's orders, Claire, Jerry and Ambrosia moved into position as requested, getting their orders, Ambrosia was looking at the enemy line, seeing the ghost images of possible movements as they prepared to fire, now that they had been exposed their options were either retreat or attack since the element of surprise had been robbed of them. Some of the stealth units fell back whilst the remaining units spread out a little more evenly, beginning to fire through the trees at the approaching group, it was suppressing fire for the most part, if they could identify a close target they likely would have targeted it.

"Targets identified, commencing hostilities," Ambrosia responded once the command was given to move, the cooling units on her mech's shoulders hissed, expelling heat and cooling the unit, the burst of heat caught the attention of the units looking for a target, several firing on her position, rather pointlessly though ass he weaved between the trees, advancing rapidly for a moment, cutting her forward movement directly in view of them and firing her shotgun at the one closest, the unit was hammered by the large metal slugs of her weapon, blasting it off its metallic legs.
She soon backed away, using the reverse thrust verniers to move back. She had memorized a route of escape, retreating without turning her back. The predicted path got her scratched with some of the bullets, but no significant damage was made,
"Tactic established, sudden strikes, concentrated fire will follow my movements. Targeting data has been relayed, keeping enemy units locked." She stated calmly as she kept on the move, weaving back and forth, closer to or further away from the squad. With her quick moves and quick thinking; the AI units had enough of a task just trying to keep up with her and target her, which was drawing their attention away from the team partly. Carl had done similar tactics, however his unit always came out the worst for it, he'd just laugh it off and claim the boss was paying for the toys, may as well have fun with them.

Claire smiled, on top of using the special pods of Yamato, the firelight and the shared information from Claire's unit, targeting the AI units was easy enough as she aimed for vital points. For every couple of seconds that passed, her sniper rifle fired, the only reason she didn't keep firing was because the rifle wasn't fast enough in its loading cycle. Jerry meanwhile was taking opportunities to fire the dual rifles in his hands, pelting the opposition with several vicious single shots and finishing them with a hail of smaller missiles, spreading the fire across multiple targets. Every time he attacked he kept on the move, pausing only briefly for the missiles in his shoulder units to cycle in, moving around too much slowed the process, so he optimized moving and firing carefully. So long as they kept on the move and took out as many opponents at once, they'd be able to draw these automatons away from the landshark.
Ambrosia turned for a moment in a quick blur as a stealth unit came out of cover near her, however it was met with the tip of her blade, swiftly impaled then pushed aside as she turned once again,
"Stealth Units attempting to close in, caution is advised. Established priority endangered." She announced, dashing towards Destro's position and practically jumping over the head of another unit, landing behind Destro and practically forcing the muzzle of her shotgun into the core of another approaching stealth unit, firing off a single shot that sent its center scattering through the air behind it and the mech fell into a smoking heap,
"Priority secure. Mr Rivera, stealth unit approaching at three o'clock."

Shirley jumped partially, practically throwing a clipboard in the air, but she grabbed it quickly and pointed her pen at him,
"Nothing! Nuh-uh! Nada! Not saying it! Too weird!" She announced profoundly, but then withdrew a little, "But.. Maybe a little later.. Haven't decided yet.." She added, looking aside a moment then smiled at him again, practically perking up in that instant, "So! How is the data? How are they all performing? Claire and Destro look like they're on the ball as always," She stated, trying to change the subject whilst she pointed over at his monitors with her pen before she began chewing the back end of it as she listened to the combat outside. Strangely enough; combat never really seemed to frighten or bother her all that much, she could sleep through a warzone, and she had on several occasions.